Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Air Cooling
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 12-07-17, 04:11 PM
Gothmoth Gothmoth is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 31
HELP: Noctua Nh-D15 does not fit on Asus Strix B350

i am in the middle of building my new systems.. and now this: i am too stupid to mount this cooler or what? there is a 2mm difference. i can not force it to fit. i already tried to push the mounts as far as i could. i bought the NM-AM4-UxS mounting kit. so this should fit on any am4 mount mainboard. any idea what is wrong here? i think i have done the assembly correct:

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-07-17, 04:41 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,870
Odd issue, though I have seen it before. It happened to me with an LGA 1150 motherboard and I bought a new bracket.

I'd contact Noctua support and see what they say.

http://noctua.at/en/support
__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-07-17, 04:47 PM
Gothmoth Gothmoth is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Odd issue, though I have seen it before. It happened to me with an LGA 1150 motherboard and I bought a new bracket.

I'd contact Noctua support and see what they say.

http://noctua.at/en/support
yes have done that. thank god i bought the ryzen 1700 with the stock cooler. that fits just fine by the way. thought im pi**ed that i payed over 100 euro for the noctua + AM4 kit and now this. austrian quality.... yeah sure.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-07-17, 04:53 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmoth View Post
yes have done that. thank god i bought the ryzen 1700 with the stock cooler. that fits just fine by the way. thought im pi**ed that i payed over 100 euro for the noctua + AM4 kit and now this. austrian quality.... yeah sure.
I'd send them a few tweets or otherwise contact them on social media as that might speed up their response.

I wanted my issue solved quickly so I just ordered a new mounting kit online. AM4 Kit is £6.79 in the UK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Noctua-NM-A...rds=noctua+am4
__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-07-17, 10:24 PM
Gothmoth Gothmoth is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
I'd send them a few tweets or otherwise contact them on social media as that might speed up their response.

I wanted my issue solved quickly so I just ordered a new mounting kit online. AM4 Kit is £6.79 in the UK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Noctua-NM-A...rds=noctua+am4
i avoid social media. have no accounts but i hope they will answer fast. is there any detailed specification (blueprint) of the noctua nh-d15? so i can measure the hole to hole distance on the cooler and look if that is correct.

ok i really did not expect this to happen and i was in the middle of transfering one system into another case and building the ryzen system... so i overlooked it. i just noticed that noctua send me the wrong kit. i ordered the NM AM4 kit and they send me the NM AM4-UxS kit. :-( i am still pi**ed as i ordered the right kit. but at least i know that there is nothing wrong with the cooler itself.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump








All times are GMT. The time now is 07:08 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.