Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 16-01-19, 01:50 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
If I stop paying rent I get black listed and my credit score gets wiped.

Welcome to U.K rules.
Hence my point that authorities dont do enough. Everytime I consider moving back, I see and hear things that made me glad I left it behind.

I'm seeing less and less good things about Britain every week. I wouldn't even call it "Great" Britain anymore. There is nothing great about it.

Forza Horizon 4 has removed the carlton and floss dances after the Fortnite lawsuit... Looks like Turn10 are scared of getting caught out. Destiny has these dances too. Its ridiculous

Also a mother of a fortnite fan is suing EPIC for using her sons dance in the game even though Epic held a dance competition winner having their dance added into the game itself. How stupid has this world become...

Old 16-01-19, 02:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Hence my point that authorities dont do enough.
Yeah. These days dude? no one wants to work. They want to go to a building every day and get paid, but they won't want to actually have to work for the money. It's been almost impossible getting people to do their jobs. My psych and doctor make mistakes monthly on my meds and I have to basically keep nagging to get it fixed, Environmental Services have basically vanished, after deeming my flat uninhabitable and so on and so forth. It's a joke.

The thing is? I got no other choice, than to bend over and take it. OK, so the way the UK housing works goes a little something like this.

1. If I walk out of the flat and leave? I made myself homeless, to the bottom of the housing queue for you.

2. If I move back in with my mother they consider me housed, and cut my living allowance by about 70%. To the point where after I'm done paying my share of the bills I would not have a penny to my name. They also put me to the bottom of the queue, because as I said I am then housed as far as they are concerned.

So the way I have to go with the flow? check this out. Firstly I must not stop paying the rent. As I said, my landlady can report me to the credit company and I will not even be able to get a phone line connected. I must continue paying the rent no matter what. I then need to wait for her to file a Section 21, IIRC, and order me to leave. I must then refuse, and then wait for her to get a Sheriff's writ and basically send around the bailiffs to throw me out on the street.

I then need to take the eviction letter with me to the local housing authority, and tell them I have been made homeless involuntarily, show them the section 21 and then they will put me in a ty old bed and breakfast (a motel). Then I go to the top of the housing list, and have to wait until a property becomes available. I will be moved from the B&B to a hostel.

All of that dude. All of that. Can you imagine what that will have all cost by the end? where as they could just say "Well mentally ill people are incapable of looking out for themselves like able minded people, so let's just house them and call it a day".

But no. No racism any more, no hate crimes, none of that but you can do what you like to someone who suffers from mental illness because it's still politically correct to do so. You want to see the hate I have seen from the British people about those with mental problems. It's purely disgusting.

Old 16-01-19, 02:41 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Hence my point that authorities don't do enough. Everytime I consider moving back, I see and hear things that made me glad I left it behind.

I'm seeing less and less good things about Britain every week. I wouldn't even call it "Great" Britain anymore. There is nothing great about it.

I want to move ASAP to another country, I'm not British in any way shape or form, I'm an immigrant here myself but 1 thing I think is absolutely perverse in this country is that indigenous English people get treated like 3rd class citizens compared to Asian, African and middle eastern immigrants and everyday it seems more and more is changed to cater solely to the whims of 3rd world immigrants coming in who have a completely different and incompatible culture to the host culture, It's twisted.

Old 16-01-19, 02:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I want to move ASAP to another country, I'm not British in any way shape or form, I'm an immigrant here myself but 1 thing I think is absolutely perverse in this country is that indigenous English people get treated like 3rd class citizens compared to Asian, African and middle eastern immigrants and everyday it seems more and more is changed to cater solely to the whims of 3rd world immigrants coming in who have a completely different and incompatible culture to the host culture, It's twisted.
I've actually had a care worker once say to me "You're the wrong colour".

In fact do you know what? animals are treated better than humans these days. Like, cats and dogs have private health care plans and if a dog is born unable to walk every one goes "Awww" and then buys it a wheelchair and blah de blah, but if a human is disabled instead of getting empathy we get "Oh he can go to work and stop robbing my tax money".

It's all totally bent out of shape. I don't expect people to effing bow in front of me, but at the same time I don't expect ridicule and being treated like a POS. Which is what I am getting.

What makes me laugh is that British people hate and ridicule the disabled, yet we are their own. But people arrive on boats, stick their hand out and say "Money!" and we give them a place to live etc etc. And no one is going crazy about that because it's not allowed and isn't politically correct and you are racist etc etc those poor people.

Old 16-01-19, 03:08 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Yeah. These days dude? no one wants to work. They want to go to a building every day and get paid, but they won't want to actually have to work for the money. It's been almost impossible getting people to do their jobs.

The thing is? I got no other choice, than to bend over and take it. OK, so the way the UK housing works goes a little something like this.

2. If I move back in with my mother they consider me housed, and cut my living allowance by about 70%. To the point where after I'm done paying my share of the bills I would not have a penny to my name. They also put me to the bottom of the queue, because as I said I am then housed as far as they are concerned.

I agree with the work comment, and the statement about housing if you live with your parents.

I am looking at loosing my 2nd job in 4 years due to illness, but the doctors and job centre have no interest in the reasons for it.

I love working, I get bored whilst sat at home doing nothing.

My manager has informed me that HR are asking on a weekly basis if I am in work or not, now currently I am off ill once again due to Flu or Phenomena but trying to get a doctors appointment, is damn near impossible.

My issues are quite simple but no one will acknowledge it, and that is the first one is Allergic Rhinitis which is this which only takes quite simply walking in to a room where someone has used Strawberry or Kiwi hair shampoo for it to start, or eating/drinking those fruits or fresh mushrooms which are not cleaned.

Then there is going near certain trees, bushes and fresh cut grass which the last time I went on a caravan holiday I arrived at the site at around 11am and was curled up in a ball shivering whilst sweating buckets, barely able to open my eyes or breath through my nose within 2 hours.

Once that start's, I end up with a Sinus Infection that turns in to a chest infection and I am ill for anything from 2 weeks to 1 month.

I also suffer from Acid Reflux, Migraines and a few other issues but despite all that I still get up every morning and go to work or try to go to work unlike my next door neighbours who instead just push out another kid and get out of work for another number of months or years.

Now after I lost the job that I loved doing, it took me over 2 years to get back in to work because most companies will not employ someone who was "let go" due to illness, and now I could be facing that same situation again within the next 2 weeks if my manager cannot avoid ending my contract, because he wants me employed as a permanent employee and is doing all he can but obviously rules are rules and he has to abide by them.

As for the housing issue my brother had a similar issue and so did my sister, when they moved in with us the council said that they were housed and were not a priority but if they wanted to be moved up the list, my sister and my brothers wife should have another kid. There other option was for my sister to divorce her husband and my brother to divorce his wife.

The council here is more interested in housing none working single mothers, that working couples.

Server PC: 2700x, 16GB Corsair DDR4, MSI GTX 1660Ti, Gigabyte 120Gb M.2, Crucial 240Gb SSD, WD Blue 500Gb SSD, 2x Seagate 6Tb HDD's
Old 16-01-19, 03:09 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
I've actually had a care worker once say to me "You're the wrong colour".

In fact do you know what? animals are treated better than humans these days. Like, cats and dogs have private health care plans and if a dog is born unable to walk every one goes "Awww" and then buys it a wheelchair and blah de blah, but if a human is disabled instead of getting empathy we get "Oh he can go to work and stop robbing my tax money".

It's all totally bent out of shape. I don't expect people to effing bow in front of me, but at the same time I don't expect ridicule and being treated like a POS. Which is what I am getting.

What makes me laugh is that British people hate and ridicule the disabled, yet we are their own. But people arrive on boats, stick their hand out and say "Money!" and we give them a place to live etc etc. And no one is going crazy about that because it's not allowed and isn't politically correct and you are racist etc etc those poor people.

I got declined a position at a job because of being white in a country that is natively white...... The gym I applied to wasn't "taking on any more whites" I reported them but I got laughed at, If the tables were turned the gym owner would have been publicly executed.

Old 16-01-19, 04:18 PM
OC3D Elite

What's infuriating me is that every employer I've seen all want people with experience, even for bottom end jobs. Ever since finishing my IT degree last year I can't get absolutely anything, and it's killing me because I want to work, I want to put my knowledge to good use, but I can't find anything what so ever that will take me, it honestly makes me wonder whether I've just wasted the past few years doing all this.

Plus I've had a recent family emergency -hence my absence- so I had to leave my old job so now I'm borderline desperate for a new one, not off to a great start for 2019 at all.

Sorry for being so miserable everyone. I just feel so lost right now
Old 16-01-19, 04:28 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
What's infuriating me is that every employer I've seen all want people with experience, even for bottom end jobs. Ever since finishing my IT degree last year I can't get absolutely anything, and it's killing me because I want to work, I want to put my knowledge to good use, but I can't find anything what so ever that will take me, it honestly makes me wonder whether I've just wasted the past few years doing all this.

Plus I've had a recent family emergency -hence my absence- so I had to leave my old job so now I'm borderline desperate for a new one, not off to a great start for 2019 at all.

You in the UK ? I forget where everyone lives

Old 16-01-19, 04:35 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
You in the UK ? I forget where everyone lives
Under everyone's bed just like you

Aye yeah I am, hopefully not for long once I've saved some cash and can land a job elsewhere.
Old 16-01-19, 04:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Then you simply stop paying her rent, and she will come to collect it
You are by law allowed to withhold rent as she has broken the contract agreement. Your home is no longer safe.
If he stopped paying rent she could evict him and because he'd be behind on the rent deliberately the council would class him as making himself homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post

My cousin went to college university for fashion design, after finishing she couldn't get the job she was qualified for because she had no experience, and couldn't get a lower job because she was over qualified and they know she would move on to better jobs a total catch 22. She ended going to a different career
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk