Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Forum Teams > [OC3D] Gaming

Old 26-05-20, 10:51 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Can tune what you want. I think there were some restrictions on driver assists though. Cant remember.
I only use what the car comes with for ultimate realism.

Gonna download and see how much slower I am than you guys.

Enthoo Elite | R7-5800X | X570 Tomahawk | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | ViewSonic XG270QG, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 26-05-20, 11:05 AM

Oh, I thought we were keeping the tunes default to make it fairer? I've updated your time Warchild, I updated previously but not sure where I got that time from
Old 26-05-20, 11:07 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Oh, I thought we were keeping the tunes default to make it fairer? I've updated your time Warchild, I updated previously but not sure where I got that time from
I'll stay default then.
Enthoo Elite | R7-5800X | X570 Tomahawk | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | ViewSonic XG270QG, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 26-05-20, 11:49 AM
OC3D Elite

Did some hotlaps but I'm getting a bit frustrated Maybe it's due to bad sleep recently but man, last of the tight curves seems like you could catapult yourself in gear 2 and get a huge benefit, but only managed it on a lap which was otherwise... less than stellar.

I don't really understand the way this car works as in many turns, drifting is very fast, but in others, you lose like .4 like in the last corner. Needs work I guess.

Free Practice sectors before I realised that I'm in wrong mode
Time Trial sectors

Edit: Oh, also, my tune isn't default, I made the car stiffer. Feel free to discard the time for now, then. Which of the defaults should we use, circuit or rallycross? (Maybe the other was named gravel or something similar)
Old 26-05-20, 12:15 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
im happy with default though. More transparent then.
Old 26-05-20, 12:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
Did some hotlaps but I'm getting a bit frustrated Maybe it's due to bad sleep recently but man, last of the tight curves seems like you could catapult yourself in gear 2 and get a huge benefit, but only managed it on a lap which was otherwise... less than stellar.

I don't really understand the way this car works as in many turns, drifting is very fast, but in others, you lose like .4 like in the last corner. Needs work I guess.

Free Practice sectors before I realised that I'm in wrong mode
Time Trial sectors

Edit: Oh, also, my tune isn't default, I made the car stiffer. Feel free to discard the time for now, then. Which of the defaults should we use, circuit or rallycross? (Maybe the other was named gravel or something similar)
Its about the gearing while you. Drifting in 2nd gear with high revs will drift smoother and more efficient than being stuck in 3rd at low rev.

The car doesnt seem to like cornering in 3rd. I dont mind you guys running tuned setups though. Gives me a challenge

Quote:
If i get that time this week, You are doing the lottery for me
Old 26-05-20, 12:28 PM

Well I'm not saying we shouldn't use custom setups, it's Wraith's challenge but I think it just keeps it simpler, what would you guys prefer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Its about the gearing while you. Drifting in 2nd gear with high revs will drift smoother and more efficient than being stuck in 3rd at low rev.

The car doesnt seem to like cornering in 3rd. I dont mind you guys running tuned setups though. Gives me a challenge

If i get that time this week, You are doing the lottery for me

Haha.

Yeah I think the car is fastest when drifting, not designed to turn corners
Old 26-05-20, 12:31 PM
OC3D Elite

I mean I definitely want to just use all stock after that "more challenge for me" comment from Warchild.
Old 26-05-20, 12:50 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Well I'm not saying we shouldn't use custom setups, it's Wraith's challenge but I think it just keeps it simpler, what would you guys prefer?
I am happy either way. But default is much simpler and leads to more racing. I used to spend hours tweaking setups just for that 0.1s improvement. And getting frustrated by it too!

Let's leave it to Wraith though. As we Wheelers have a massive advantage over controller(ers), setups can make the controller(ers) :P have a fighting chance. But at the same time, it gives us an even greater chance to pull ahead.
Old 26-05-20, 02:18 PM
OC3D Elite

... I should've left it default in the first place.

1:02.880

Tags
challenge, oc3dracing, pcars, project cars