Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Software Section > OS & Apps

Old 03-10-17, 12:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Yeah and make sure you get the latest build from MS before starting dude.

I jumped onto Win10 on day one. I had it about three months, then weird stuff started happening. So I was talking to a bunch of guys on another forum and they were going on about this feature in Calculator. So I looked at mine and it didn't have it. Weird.. I ran Windows update and when it was done I checked the calculator again and nope, still didn't do it. I stopped thinking about it, then I needed to install this update and it basically told me my OS could not be updated because it was an old build and I had to download a new build and start again.

I was, erm, how do I put it elegantly? not very pleased. I thought "Sod you I'm going back to 8.1!" and then I found out after 30 days MS lock your key to 10 if it isn't retail, so my key no longer worked with 8.1. Fuming I ended up reinstalling 10 thinking that was it.

Nope. Stuck on that very same version until the Creator's Update came out and ended up having to do the same again. Again it told me my version was too old ETC.

And you will see this alot with 10, given that apparently MS are never releasing another OS. They are, they are just keeping the same name and so on. It will likely change pretty severely, and every time it's a severe change you will be reinstalling any way like it or not.

Which kinda makes cloning and keeping hefty images around kinda pointless sadly.
Oh yeah that’s a given. Still working out the deal he wants my 500Gb 850 evo and $100 for it. Pretty good deal imho as I can sell my gaming k7 for at least 125$ most likely. Just need to get the files I want off the evo and wipe it. The figure out what drive to put in, it’s my laptops drive and I don’t really use it a lot.

Old 03-10-17, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_I_N View Post
I'm thinking on getting a maximus ix formula and even though its z270 like my gigabyte gaming k7, I'm going to do a full reinstall.
Yeah, I like that formula with it's armor look but I really have no need for the WiFI or the option to liquid cool the VRM's as I've never had any heat issues with my VRMs in the past. But I like that it has that option if you want it. I was real close on going for that z270 ws but I think I want to see the results of the Coffee Lake on the Apex or the Hero. I wonder if Asus will make a z370 ws board as well.
Old 03-10-17, 05:01 PM
OC3D Elite

I’m sure they will since coffee won’t work on Z270

Intel 7700K
Aorus Z270 Gaming K7
2x8GB GSKILL Trident Z 3200MHz
Intel SSD6 256Gb x2 in Raid 0
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
EVGA GTX1080 FTW2 iCX Heat Killer IV block
Custom water Cooled Hardware Labs GTS360/240
ThermalTake Grand RGB 1000w PSU
Corsair Crystal 570X

Old 04-10-17, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_I_N View Post
I’m sure they will since coffee won’t work on Z270
I hope I don't have to wait too long. They sure rushed out the Apex, Formula and Hero.