Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #11  
Old 24-06-18, 09:11 PM
Beezybeard Beezybeard is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 5
I've had great results

Maybe I've just been lucky with the two cpu(s) I've had in my classified K?

I've had an 8700k and currently an 8086k both of which have overclocked (via the Bios) very well.

8700k : stable at 5.24GHz with 1.35 volts

8086k : stable 5.35Ghz with 1.36 volts
I've only been tweaking the settings on the 8086k for 2 days now so possible gains ahead.

If anyone reads this and wants more details on all the bios settings I've fiddled with I'll check this post periodically and reply.

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 25-06-18, 05:12 AM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Middle-Earth
Posts: 15,048
I hated my EVGA motherboard. 6700k and Z170 Stinger. Hardly worked and was as basic as my old Z77 MSI motherboard was in basic mode. That and the settings never listened to what I set them at.

Nice to see at least for you it's improved.

So far on 8700k and Asus Strix motherboard I got up to 5ghz at 1.35v however it was only boot stable and anything after that would crash though to be fair after getting windows setup I went straight to 1.35v and 5ghz. So I hardly even tried to mess with settings. I got 4.9ghz stable though. I can't go any farther than 1.35v as I am just a few degrees below throttling.
__________________
The Cost of Freedom -
"A price payed gladly, in the hopes that the free, live better."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 17-07-18, 06:41 PM
hannedog hannedog is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezybeard View Post
Maybe I've just been lucky with the two cpu(s) I've had in my classified K?

I've had an 8700k and currently an 8086k both of which have overclocked (via the Bios) very well.

8700k : stable at 5.24GHz with 1.35 volts

8086k : stable 5.35Ghz with 1.36 volts
I've only been tweaking the settings on the 8086k for 2 days now so possible gains ahead.

If anyone reads this and wants more details on all the bios settings I've fiddled with I'll check this post periodically and reply.
Hi yes I just ordered the same setup, please do share as much info as you can. Also, did you you hold those clocks on all cores or just 1? How was stability at those clocks -- what benchmarks did you run?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 17-07-18, 06:47 PM
Beezybeard Beezybeard is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 5
All core, cinabench, passmark, cpuz, aida64
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 17-07-18, 07:10 PM
FTLN FTLN is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: France
Posts: 1,271
I'm definitely interested in the temps your getting and what are you using for your stability test. What cooling are you using and are you delidded ?

I'm stable at 5ghz on 1.2v on everything but the latest version prime95, 5.2 also perfect stable @ 1.328v apart from with latest version of prime95.
__________________
Intel Core i7 8086K @ 5.00GHz Delidded @1.2v - Asus ROG Z370 Strix - G.SKill Aegis [email protected] 2x16GB - NZXT MANTA BLACK/RED - PM961 1TB x 2 RAID0 - Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair H110 Pro - Corsair Commander Pro - Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 2560x1440P G-Sync 165Hz

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 17-07-18, 07:49 PM
Beezybeard Beezybeard is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLN View Post
I'm definitely interested in the temps your getting and what are you using for your stability test. What cooling are you using and are you delidded ?

I'm stable at 5ghz on 1.2v on everything but the latest version prime95, 5.2 also perfect stable @ 1.328v apart from with latest version of prime95.
https://valid.x86.fr/ufyfn8

Using Aida64 stability test, temp seems to max out at 71°c when benchmarking or after 2 hours of stability testing. Idle temp is 29°c.

Liquid Cooling : 2 × 480 slim rads
Had to liquid cool the vrm(s) otherwise they'd hit ~ 113°C and throttle or throw a system error which was a hassle since no one makes custom vrm blocks for this mobo. Using ryjintech universal vrm blocks that I had to grind down the width of with a bench grinder to fit.

Yes delided with liquid metal applied and a custom copper IHS from rocketcool (this only dropped the temps 2 - 3°C)

Ambient temperature is ~ 85°F
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Yesterday, 03:06 AM
Beezybeard Beezybeard is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 5
To clarify I'm referring to the custom copper IHS for the 2 - 3°C drop. Liquid metal snagged me a 15°C drop.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Yesterday, 03:20 AM
hannedog hannedog is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezybeard View Post
To clarify I'm referring to the custom copper IHS for the 2 - 3°C drop. Liquid metal snagged me a 15°C drop.
Did you do the delidding yourself or did you buy the cpu that way? If yourself, what did you do for process / tools?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Today, 04:32 AM
Beezybeard Beezybeard is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannedog View Post
Did you do the delidding yourself or did you buy the cpu that way? If yourself, what did you do for process / tools?
Myself. I've delided multiple cpuz and used both the DBau and rocketcool delid tools. Personally prefer the rocketcool.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 06:04 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.