Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Forum Teams > [OC3D] Gaming

Old 05-01-18, 03:49 PM

Disabling Game DVR and Game Bar fixed FPS cap problem at fullscreen mode

I suddenly realized games started running at 60 FPS despite the fact that I have a 165 Hz monitor and that nVidia control center settings are just fine. It just started out of blue and previously there was no such problem. Maybe some Windows update triggered it but I just can't remember what could have done it. Anyways. I started googling the problem and tweaking with settings and I somewhere read that disabling Game DVR and Game Bar via windows settings can fix the issue. I did it and boom the problem got fixed. I am not sharing how to disable them as there is plenty of information out there but if you have trouble, write here and I and others can help.

Old 05-01-18, 05:14 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakanoth View Post
I suddenly realized games started running at 60 FPS despite the fact that I have a 165 Hz monitor and that nVidia control center settings are just fine. It just started out of blue and previously there was no such problem. Maybe some Windows update triggered it but I just can't remember what could have done it. Anyways. I started googling the problem and tweaking with settings and I somewhere read that disabling Game DVR and Game Bar via windows settings can fix the issue. I did it and boom the problem got fixed. I am not sharing how to disable them as there is plenty of information out there but if you have trouble, write here and I and others can help.
Why not share here ? Save us some time if we come across this issue ?
Old 06-01-18, 07:56 AM
OC3D Crew

That shouldn't happen after the Fall Creators' Update. Have you installed it or is this old info? I've been using it without issues so I don't have to install Shadowplay or remember to boot OBS every time I want replay buffer. :P

Anyhow, to disable it you go to Settings->Gaming->Game DVR and switch it off.
Old 06-01-18, 09:37 AM
OC3D Elite

I automatically disable all of MS's crap game features as they are more trouble than they are worth
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=16gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE