Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 12-11-15, 02:37 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
Yeah that is true, So looks like i be canceling the order and buying the kit, how long would it take to fill with that kit, Should i keep with the 360 one or go with the 240 kit.
If you have the space for it to look right go for the L360 R2.0, there won't be a huge difference in coolant quantity, time to bleed will be indifferent as you want to leave it for a good 24 hours to leak test. In the kit you just get the appropriate additives (biocide and corrosion inhibitor) to add to de-ionized water. Order 1l of clear coolant if your not sure about that stuff although it's quite simple to pick up de-ionized water from typically any car maintenance/care type place.

JR

Old 12-11-15, 02:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yeah that is true, So looks like i be canceling the order and buying the kit, how long would it take to fill with that kit, Should i keep with the 360 one or go with the 240 kit.

I still kinda like the fractal design kelvin s36 as well.
The AIO one is great for a first time loop if your worried but I think buying the bits n bobs and putting it all together for the first time yourself gives a bigger sense of achievement.
Being worried just makes you more carful.

I'd say go with the kit, just take your time but that's just my opinion.
Old 12-11-15, 02:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I have one. Why is it a problem?
The console itself.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-4-performance

The fix? get an SSD.

Old 12-11-15, 02:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR23 View Post
If you have the space for it to look right go for the L360 R2.0, there won't be a huge difference in coolant quantity, time to bleed will be indifferent as you want to leave it for a good 24 hours to leak test. In the kit you just get the appropriate additives (biocide and corrosion inhibitor) to add to de-ionized water. Order 1l of clear coolant if your not sure about that stuff although it's quite simple to pick up de-ionized water from typically any car maintenance/care type place.

JR
Ok makes sense would i have to buy anything like tube cutter and extra tubing as you know it comes with black tubing i would kinda want to go clear unless the black tubing is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBadger View Post
The AIO one is great for a first time loop if your worried but I think buying the bits n bobs and putting it all together for the first time yourself gives a bigger sense of achievement.
Being worried just makes you more carful.

I'd say go with the kit, just take your time but that's just my opinion.
I can't really be down a PC for like 24 hours so i would have to get my Parvum System built as well
Old 12-11-15, 02:52 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Ok makes sense would i have to buy anything like tube cutter and extra tubing as you know it comes with black tubing i would kinda want to go clear unless the black tubing is better.

I can't really be down a PC for like 24 hours so i would have to get my Parvum System built as well
Do you not have a cooler already? Figure out how you will mount it, cut all the tube, put it all together and then take it out of the rig and leak test it outside of your system for a day and then put it all back when you know it's good. Shouldn't be excessive downtime. It's not too hard to take a loop in and out when it only has 3 components. By all means get your Parvum running too and then get a kit for that

The black ZMT tubing is excellent for long term use and it does look very nice, it's my favorite flexible tube for sure. If you want clear tubing and coloured coolant go for that though, just remember that over time tubing can discolour. It's not tragic though, if in a year your still using and it don't look too great just refit tubing and coolant, nothing will cripple performance and cause everything to insta-explode. EK include ZMT in their tubing and kits because you literally don't have to care for it, just like an AIO. If you buy different tubing I would recommend Primoflex LRT 10/16mm and Mayhems coolant (as would EK ).

JR
Old 12-11-15, 03:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Do you not have a cooler already? Figure out how you will mount it, cut all the tube, put it all together and then take it out of the rig and leak test it outside of your system for a day and then put it all back when you know it's good. Shouldn't be excessive downtime. It's not too hard to take a loop in and out when it only has 3 components. By all means get your Parvum running too and then get a kit for that

The black ZMT tubing is excellent for long term use and it does look very nice, it's my favorite flexible tube for sure. If you want clear tubing and coloured coolant go for that though, just remember that over time tubing can discolour. It's not tragic though, if in a year your still using and it don't look too great just refit tubing and coolant, nothing will cripple performance and cause everything to insta-explode. EK include ZMT in their tubing and kits because you literally don't have to care for it, just like an AIO. If you buy different tubing I would recommend Primoflex LRT 10/16mm and Mayhems coolant (as would EK ).

JR
Okay then na i don't have the kit yet i only just ordered the AIO so i will have to wait until i hear back from them about the refund, I think as it's my first time doing this i will just use what's in the kit as a start, TBH it's pointless doing this to my Parvum build cause it only has an i3 in it. I know if i get stuck there are plenty of videos on Youtube so i think i will be ok after a while it's what's called Trail & Error.

I kinda would like to do my GPU at the same time too but it doesn't look like EK has anything for the 390 yet.
Old 12-11-15, 11:20 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Just brought a DXRacer chair
Nice chair! Can't wait to see your Parvum build up and running.

I still like the Predator in the right case. Yes the QDCs are UAF and the tubing is super long but the Pump/Res/fan/radiator block just looks nice. I dunno maybe I'm just weird like that.

I still see a market for it. I think most of us start with an AIO and then go full loop after that so to reuse a component has some merit. Of course they failed to see that anyone who goes that route generally re-purposes their AIO to a secondary system or sells it.

The kit seems like a good buy so to be honest EK are their own competitor there.

Quote:
See this is why Australia.
JR
It's the drop bears and the fact that everything that isn't already dead is trying to kill us all the time. Sometimes aesthetics are secondary.
Google Leyland P76 if you're a car man and you want to see where our taste is.

Old 12-11-15, 11:34 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
Nice chair! Can't wait to see your Parvum build up and running.

I still like the Predator in the right case. Yes the QDCs are UAF and the tubing is super long but the Pump/Res/fan/radiator block just looks nice. I dunno maybe I'm just weird like that.

I still see a market for it. I think most of us start with an AIO and then go full loop after that so to reuse a component has some merit. Of course they failed to see that anyone who goes that route generally re-purposes their AIO to a secondary system or sells it.

The kit seems like a good buy so to be honest EK are their own competitor there.
I'm a idiot tho cause now i've been thinking about the Fractal Design Kelvin S36 i know the custom kit is way better, The S36 is a good price cheaper than the H240-X
Old 12-11-15, 11:48 PM
OC3D Elite

All good options.

If you're concerned about going with the EK kit and the installation, maintenance etc then the S36 would be a good alternative. I think they all have pros & cons.
Easy setup? S36
Best performance and future expandability? EK kit
Compromise between the two? Predator.

Old 12-11-15, 11:55 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
All good options.

If you're concerned about going with the EK kit and the installation, maintenance etc then the S36 would be a good alternative. I think they all have pros & cons.
Easy setup? S36
Best performance and future expandability? EK kit
Compromise between the two? Predator.
It's not really like that. The kit is probably the best compromise between the S36 and the predator

Think of the Predator just as an alternative kit that pre-configures the pump onto the radiator. If that works out well for the build, it's definitely a great choice, like possibly in an ITX build where you want to water cool the CPU and GPU. Even though it arrives assembled, installing it is genuinely harder and more stressful than just going full custom. Had it had standard Supremacy MX mountings things would be different.

It's not that the mountings are terrible and make it unusable, some AIO's have eqaully bad solutions. I just don't understand what made EK swap out a perfectly good system to go with that less adaptable one.

JR