Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 12-09-19, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Congrats bud! I will eventually get to that point. Working my part-time job trying to find an actual career job once my schooling finishes.
Don't wait till the end of your degree to start interviewing is my advice. Some throwaway interviews in jobs similar to the ones you actually want is useful as you can use the time in school to research the gaps in your knowledge that you got asked in those interviews for future ones. And if you get offered a job pending degree completion at least you have something to go straight into, takes a load off your mind.

Old 12-09-19, 03:00 PM
OC3D Elite

Working part time during the last year of my degree was pretty neat, transitioned to full-time as soon as school allowed.
Old 12-09-19, 03:30 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Don't wait till the end of your degree to start interviewing is my advice. Some throwaway interviews in jobs similar to the ones you actually want is useful as you can use the time in school to research the gaps in your knowledge that you got asked in those interviews for future ones. And if you get offered a job pending degree completion at least you have something to go straight into, takes a load off your mind.
Oh, I'm not. Once my current unit finishes I will have a "stamp of approval" from the school and they will endorse me. Good idea though for throwaway interviews as practice for the job I actually want.

Problem is I don't know who I want to work for. Just want to work for a company that has good environment, friendly people, and willing to teach/train a JR dev.
Old 20-09-19, 12:29 AM
OC3D Elite

Had a result today.

So a while back I bought a Xiaomi Black Shark. It's a brutal fast phone. I got it for around 50% retail price at that time which was sweet. It's very fast. Any way the only small bummer was it was on Oreo, whilst the cutting edge phones (which this is in all honesty) were just getting pie. As usual I didn't check this before purchasing, and searching didn't fill me with hope. I thought once again I'd bought a phone destined to be stuck on the os it came with.

I woke up this morning and the phone says it has a JoyUI update. This is what they call the os for the Black Shark. It was 1.3gb update which sounded kinda fat.

Turns out it was Pie. I was sooooooo damn happy. No fuss, no rooting, nothing. So now I got a mega powerhouse phone running the latest os.

Old 20-09-19, 01:11 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Had a result today.

So a while back I bought a Xiaomi Black Shark. It's a brutal fast phone. I got it for around 50% retail price at that time which was sweet. It's very fast. Any way the only small bummer was it was on Oreo, whilst the cutting edge phones (which this is in all honesty) were just getting pie. As usual I didn't check this before purchasing, and searching didn't fill me with hope. I thought once again I'd bought a phone destined to be stuck on the os it came with.

I woke up this morning and the phone says it has a JoyUI update. This is what they call the os for the Black Shark. It was 1.3gb update which sounded kinda fat.

Turns out it was Pie. I was sooooooo damn happy. No fuss, no rooting, nothing. So now I got a mega powerhouse phone running the latest os.
Winning!
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 20-09-19, 02:51 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Had a result today.

Android 9 Pie isn't the newest. Android 10 just released but honestly 9 isn't much different than 10 so you're pretty set
Old 20-09-19, 08:06 AM
OC3D Elite

Haha I'm always one step behind

I do have faith in Xiaomi though. Much more than I had in Oppo.

There are a lot of things I like much better. It looks awesome too

Old 20-09-19, 10:20 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Android 9 Pie isn't the newest. Android 10 just released but honestly 9 isn't much different than 10 so you're pretty set
beat me to it

10 has some minor caveat. Nothing special. 9 was a nice boost though.
Old 20-09-19, 11:03 AM
OC3D Elite

Pretty sure it'll come because there's a Black Shark 2 which shares the same OS and is the flagship.

Not that fussed though.

Old 26-09-19, 09:20 AM
OC3D Elite

Freespace 2 is free on GOG for the next day if anybody is interested
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk