Old 12-07-19, 11:45 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Can you turn it off on BIOS?

Old 13-07-19, 12:14 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Can you turn it off on BIOS?
I just flashed the BIOS to the latest and greatest, and it seems to have quieted down some. I'm going to hammer it best I can and see what that fan does. Not sure if I can turn it off or not.

Old 13-07-19, 04:17 AM
AMD Enthusiast

If you can't you could always unplug the cable if it has one? Other than that guess you gotta wait for a BIOS that lets you.

Or just break it I guess
Old 13-07-19, 03:34 PM
OC3D Elite

Don't tempt me. I am NOT liking this Gigabyte board. But I'm trying to reserve judgement, since this is a new platform, learning curve for OCing, etc. It seems like that first BIOS update made the fan quieter, but I also heard it squeal like a pig when I tried some stupid OCing and rendered Windows unbootable, but that was my bad.

Old 13-07-19, 05:17 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Don't tempt me. I am NOT liking this Gigabyte board. But I'm trying to reserve judgement, since this is a new platform, learning curve for OCing, etc. It seems like that first BIOS update made the fan quieter, but I also heard it squeal like a pig when I tried some stupid OCing and rendered Windows unbootable, but that was my bad.
Gamers Nexus posted a video very recently about which boards to get and why from buildzoid.

I would definitely check it out. It has timestamps in the video as well if you want something specific too.

That way you can return it or whatever and get one you want.

edit:
Old 15-07-19, 10:28 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
I just flashed the BIOS to the latest and greatest, and it seems to have quieted down some. I'm going to hammer it best I can and see what that fan does. Not sure if I can turn it off or not.
My old Z97 Sabertooth was noisy too. I turn off the chipset fan. I had good airflow in the case anyway. Just had to monitor the temps for a few days in sheer paranoia until I was confident I could do away with it.

Maybe try the same. Nothing more annoying that those tiny 25x25cm fans whining away.
Old 15-07-19, 12:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Think most companies use much quieter and lower RPM 40mm fans for the X570 boards.
Old 15-07-19, 12:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Think most companies use much quieter and lower RPM 40mm fans for the X570 boards.
it was the 40mm fans actually I took another look. There was also one in the IO which I shut off.
Old 13-08-19, 05:30 PM

Did you get on better with the Master after Bios updates? Ive read that the master fan stays off if you keep it cool enough? Let me know how you got on?
Old 13-08-19, 05:37 PM
OC3D Elite

Gigabyte has impressed the HECK out of me with this board. They implemented a silent mode for the chipset fan, but I found out it was NOT the chipset fan that was bugging me. Apparently one of my 3-pin Gentle Typhoons might be on the way out. That's the problem when you have 17 fans in a case and something makes a small annoying noise. I narrowed it down to one bank of fans on one of my 360 rads, so the chipset fan is innocent of all charges!

Tags
chipset fan, fan noise, x570