Go Back   OC3D Forums
View Single Post
Old 15-01-19, 09:47 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Yeah peoples attitudes haven't changed, your ability to interact with far more people far more often is what's changed, you're basically forced to see what the most annoying people in the world are saying every time you go online now.

If you actually ask most people between 18-21 what they want when they grow up, the vast, vast majority, at least in Britain, literally just want some basic security regarding food, heating, ect, and will fully accept the fact that unlike the generations before them, the chances they'll own their own home or something like that before 35 are incredibly slim. Many of the people who complain about young people grew up in an age where they were entitled to far more, free education, abundant/cheap housing, secure/cheap food, guaranteed access to healthcare, ect. Now kids whos parents can't put food on the table don't even get a free carton of milk at break. The cost of living today for most items means that around 20% can't even secure the most basic parts of the list I mentioned, it's only the lucky who have the chance to be entitled, but they're the ones all over social media.
I've been working in the fitness industry since around 2010 now and as I interact with hundreds of people per week I have noticed people think they are owed something, Attitudes have changed, Maybe a lot on here haven't had the same experience due to not working in a very social climate.
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -