Go Back   OC3D Forums
View Single Post
Old 22-01-20, 09:48 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
If you get a knock on the door they have no right of entry, you can just say I don't need a licence and that's it, you don't even have to give them a name.
You don't have to prove anything, they have to have grounds to go to court to gain entry, and even then they can only test your TV if you have 1
They'd have no right to go through your PC history that would come under privacy laws, they could go to your ISP but you can go on the ITV on demand services online which you'd watch through their player.
Nope.

What happens if I tell you I don't need a TV Licence?
We will send you confirmation of your No Licence Needed declaration.

If you tell us you don’t need a licence, we may confirm this with a visit to your address. This is because when we visit and make contact, we find one in six people that tell us they don't need a TV Licence actually do need one. If you are not licensed, you risk prosecution and a fine of up to £1,000* plus any legal costs and/or compensation you may be ordered to pay.

Online is harder to prove but its easy as hell to catch you out. The signal strength in your premises can be overwhelming. Its possible to detect 2 Tv signals from 60m away and even pinpoint that said units are in the same abode but different rooms. We use tech like this all the time to verify signal coverages and eliminate pockets around the country. Or fine tune the signals to penetrate areas quite accurately.

oh man we have massively derailed here

edit* Final word. I will be very very impressed if Boris stands true to his word to abolish the TV licence. I know he has a grudge against BBC but removal of the licence means a huge money saving for households literally struggling to get by.

Getting back on topic.

Disney +. Do they also provide non Disney content? Would be fantastic to see some deserved series revived or saved because Disney stream them when others lost interest.