Go Back   OC3D Forums
View Single Post
Old 13-07-13, 09:52 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgutierrez33 View Post
Thing with getting that kind of exposure though is that it increases the likelihood of you getting entire builds sponsored in the future. Being a college student myself (also similarly broke as FUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuu) I totally get not having the money to do anything else computing-wise, but you got your projects done at least. Even if it doesn't get you full build sponsorship immediately, it's certainly a step in the right direction. Plus, you never know who's watching those posts, an opportunity may come from an unexpected source.

That is certainly true, yes. And having a build actually completed within a reasonable
time-frame certainly doesn't make a bad impression either.

The other (and bigger) problem would probably be time though. Remembering last
time I worked for college I suspect I just wouldn't have the time anymore to do something
that actually does a sponsorship justice. Both ZEUS and HELIOS have been tremendous
time-consumers (which was the plan, since right now I actually do have the time) and
would certainly not have been possible to make if I had been in college (or rather: they
would have taken much longer).

But as you say, who knows what's going to happen. I could actually use another build
since I'm already running low on storage for ZEUS and won't have too much room in
HELIOS for HDDs, so another file server would certainly be a welcome project (plus I
have a bit of a weakness for file servers, not really sure why ).