Go Back   OC3D Forums
View Single Post
Old 14-08-19, 12:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Of course it really depends on how many items you are installing and what you are storing on the "storage" drive(s). Me? I've got a few games that I saw no difference in loading speed on the HDDs and a lot of pictures / movies / gopro recordings / etc on the HDD as well as every program I can install on it - if the SSD has to get reformatted or windows reinstalled I don't have to install any of the programs again.

That is something I can't recommend enough for people to do. Don't store programs on the OS SSD. Store them on a second SSD or HDD and that way if you reinstall your OS you don't lose any of those programs and have to reinstall them as well. All you have to do is change the file path for where pictures / videos / music / documents is stored (on the storage SSD / HDD) and boom done :P. Steam and such programs will also need to know the location again but its 10 minutes of work total vs reinstalling every program (like ms office / adobe / steam / origin / etc etc) again.
If you don't mind partitioning your drive(Quite easy to do but can get fiddly if you have multiple OS installs) then that's a good way to get this benefit with a single drive, I do it when setting up any friends/family PCs just in case they mess things up and need a reinstall.