Go Back   OC3D Forums
View Single Post
Old 09-06-21, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Nvidia/AMD cannot force pricing on retailers. That is, by definition, price fixing. People can charge what they like for products. Your post title is about AMD/NV price fixing, which I have already stated is not the case.

As far as cars go, no, they do not need leading-edge lithography. Outside of self-driving/assisted driving cars, not much compute power is required in that market. For the most part, carmakers can use older nodes.

As far as your point regarding Videographers, professionals and miners go, Nvidia markets to creatives a lot. GPUs are general-purpose computational products, and people can use them for whatever they like. Same with CPUs.

While CPUs are in demand, they are not as in demand as GPUs. There is a reason Intel made less money last quarter than the prior quarter (IIRC). If there was a real shortage there, Intel would still be laughing all the way to the bank.
No I think you missed my point with setting the price, I mean setting the margin, not the dead price. Apple sets a margin on the products that they sell. It's not price fixing but creating a better market by not allowing retailers from setting sky high prices at demand by stock piling. Apple started doing that with the iPhones because that is where it started with the retailers for them. Why do you think that you pretty much see the same prices for Apple products everywhere!?