Go Back   OC3D Forums
View Single Post
Old 29-05-20, 04:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Nice video and seems like a nice couple of compact speakers. Although for me personally, I'm not sure if I'd go for those since they require an AMP.

With that said, I'm currently debating wether or not to keep my newly ordered Creative Soundblaster X3 external soundcard or not (since you can plug speakers in into the back of it and also a headset on the front. Hence switching between them on the unit itself (I believe).
Buy an amp. I say this for two reasons.

1. If your active speakers die (the amps get very hot in there) your speakers are useless and would need rewiring internally (which you would need to know what you are doing)

2. If you feel like a change you can just get some different speakers.

I'm not really an advocate of "Active" things. They just add in double the failure rate.

With all of the money you spend on PC gear you should set yourself up audio wise. Like I said before, this is a thing that will last you for years and years and won't need to be "upgraded". The Control ones have been around since the 90s, and are still every bit as good now as they were then. Audio doesn't change too much.