Go Back   OC3D Forums
Thread: 9ine04
View Single Post
Old 14-01-14, 09:15 PM

It's about time for an update I reckon!

I haven't really got anywhere in terms of modding/building, but the planning is pretty much complete.

The case itself is great to work with. The external aluminium frame detaches by a dozen or so screws, and then the internals have been stamped out of a large sheet of steel and folded into place.

The only major change will be removing the HDD bays, and then I'll have to cut some holes for the tubing and cables - and possible make some blanking plates to hide some precut holes.

Now onto the main update - the plan!
I've spent quite some time measuring everything and testing different layouts to find out what fits - and I'm not exaggerating here when I say that everything will fit exactly. There's not a millimetre of space left over in any direction around the radiators.

The rads and fittings will be touching the glass doors, as well as the front of the case. The fans between the rads will be touching the graphics cards. There is literally no room left over.

The colour scheme, if you hadn't noticed, is monochrome and pink. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I like it. The coolant and the cables will be bright pink, everything else will be different shades of grey. I think I'm gonna go with acrylic for the tubing due to all of the straight lines and only needing to bend 4 pieces - two of which might prove to be a bit difficult, but I think I'll give it a go.