Go Back   OC3D Forums
View Single Post
Old 24-07-19, 05:47 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Seems the popular thing to do now is to be as negative as possible in reviews and use that to come across as "honest".

Seeing a lot of "oh, Nvidia released another GTX 1080 Ti", which I think is a bad take. Some games love the changes Turing offers, with RAGE 2, Wolfenstein 2, Forza Horizon 4 and Battlefield V acting as prime examples. It is very likely that Turing will age much better than Pascal moving forward (this will no doubt be blamed on Nvidia borking their drivers, as usual).

I still think high-end Turing is too expensive, but at least Nvidia has lowered their pricing and offered more performance at these prices.

Ultimately, Turing can look great or terrible depending on what games you test. That said, it's typically the newest, most technically capable games that offer the largest benefits.
Good comment.

I must admit I like seeing reviewers giving Nvidia a hard time. But the reality is, if you look at this objectively, it's an enthusiast GPU that is now marginally cheaper and faster than its predecessor, and that's an improvement. And there still isn't anything else to go with in that sector so you have to take it or leave it. Turing offers a lot of performance and advanced features. It's a big chip and requires big money. I don't mind people giving companies a hard time, but it does feel like some are doing it because it's the 'in' thing to do right now.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX