OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   OC3D News (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   ROG bring X570 to compact form factors with their ROG X570 Impact and Strix boards (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=93025)

WYP 12-09-19 04:25 PM

ROG bring X570 to compact form factors with their ROG X570 Impact and Strix boards
 
ASUS is bringing high-end features to it's smallest motherboards.

https://overclock3d.net/gfx/articles...120749100l.jpg

Read more about ASUS' ROG Crosshair VIII X570 Impact and Strix X570-I motherboards.

NeverBackDown 12-09-19 04:35 PM

These boards are a joke for the prices alone.
Over $400 for a slightly longer ITX board
Over $300 for an ITX board.

I can buy a 5700/XT for that price, something that would actually give a performance boost. Or a monitor thats 1440p/144.

Dicehunter 12-09-19 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverBackDown (Post 1010720)
These boards are a joke for the prices alone.
Over $400 for a slightly longer ITX board
Over $300 for an ITX board.

I can buy a 5700/XT for that price, something that would actually give a performance boost. Or a monitor thats 1440p/144.


Things are only going to get more expensive as time goes on, In their minds their price increases every gen are completely fine as people keep paying, Only way to send these companies a clear message is for people en masse to stop buying.

RobM 12-09-19 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverBackDown (Post 1010720)
These boards are a joke for the prices alone.
Over $400 for a slightly longer ITX board
Over $300 for an ITX board.

I can buy a 5700/XT for that price, something that would actually give a performance boost. Or a monitor thats 1440p/144.

Exactly its plain greed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1010721)
Things are only going to get more expensive as time goes on, In their minds their price increases every gen are completely fine as people keep paying, Only way to send these companies a clear message is for people en masse to stop buying.

Still plain greed and they are just following the examples set by Intel, nVidia and now AMD. Gouge prices because they can and because so many sheep are naive and think they are getting a great deal.

WYP 12-09-19 08:45 PM

The cheapest X570 motherboard with WiFi that I can find is around 230.

Remember that ASUS has upgraded these with WiFi 6, a new standard and that ASUS has placed extra effort into their audio by using secondary PCBs etc.

I'm not saying that these prices are justified, just that there are extra things that ASUS are trying this time and that X570 is very expensive to begin with.

Jaxel 13-09-19 03:26 AM

Besides the second m.2 slot on the front... is there any real advantage to the DTX mobo over the ITX mobo?

AlienALX 13-09-19 04:43 AM

Impact boards have always been this expensive. No one cried when they were Intel, and these have to be able to cope with a 16 core OC CPU.

There are much cheaper ITX boards, you don't have to have this one but this one is the best and the elite and boards like this have never ever been cheap on any format.

I don't usually buy high end Asus boards because I don't need the features but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate them.

WYP 13-09-19 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxel (Post 1010749)
Besides the second m.2 slot on the front... is there any real advantage to the DTX mobo over the ITX mobo?

Beefier VRMs.

demonking 13-09-19 10:51 AM

I think its just frustrating that the price of boards has skyrocketed over the last few years. Admittedly better board all round with the inclusion of a lot of newer features, they do seem to have gone mad with the pricing now.
Mobo used to be around 15% of the total budget now its more like 25% if not more, unless you go with the lower end chipsets.

WYP 13-09-19 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonking (Post 1010759)
I think its just frustrating that the price of boards has skyrocketed over the last few years. Admittedly better board all round with the inclusion of a lot of newer features, they do seem to have gone mad with the pricing now.
Mobo used to be around 15% of the total budget now its more like 25% if not more, unless you go with the lower end chipsets.

A lot of it is the increases in core counts and I/O features. As much as we can say that X470 can technically support PCIe 4.0, there is a difference between getting official support and offering it as an out of spec option. Then there are things like the power requirements of more cores and beefing up the memory side for faster and faster DIMMs.

Beyond that, BIOS updates have become a big deal. It wasn't long ago when nobody recommended updating your BIOS unless it was absolutely necessary. Now BIOS' get a lot more engineering time, and that has a cost. Those LED lights etc also cost money too, which is a shame...


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.