OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   OC3D News (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Shenmue 3 is now an Epic Games Store Exclusive (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=92428)

WYP 10-06-19 06:38 PM

Shenmue 3 is now an Epic Games Store Exclusive
 
The game will not release on Steam, at least at launch.

https://overclock3d.net/gfx/articles...104640644l.jpg

Read more about Shenmue 3 becoming an Epic Games Store exclusive.

The Zealot 11-06-19 12:41 AM

Not true Mark! We were indeed promised a Steam version, and when we were asked which platform we wanted to play the game on, the two options were "PlayStation 4" and "Steam"!!! I just checked my email for confirmation. This is what was in it:

Quote:

This is an automated email sent to you to confirm your pledge for Shenmue 3:
Tier: Digital Copy for PC or PS4 (Kickstarter) ($29)
  • What digital version of Shenmue III would you like?:
    Steam
You will be notified later of any surveys regarding redemption to this email address.
You can change your information or upgrade even further via your Backer Survey.
Also in my emails, check the last line in the requirements:
Quote:

System Requirements for PC Version
Minimum:
OS: Windows 7x64, Windows 8x64, Windows 10x64 (64-bit OS Required)
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB
Required)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband internet connection
Storage: 100 GB available space
Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Additional Info: Requires Steam Client to activate.
So to me this is very simple: give me my Day-1 Steam key, or a full refund.

Dark NighT 11-06-19 12:54 AM

Ah, another sack of money being dangled over a dev that then does a 180 on a promise, good job Epic, you suck!

TheF34RChannel 11-06-19 05:40 AM

Enter the epic era. Puke.

Warchild 11-06-19 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Zealot (Post 1007200)
So to me this is very simple: give me my Day-1 Steam key, or a full refund.

Well I did look at the kickstarter page and there is no launcher confirmed. So I would think your email confirmation is probably subject to change.

WYP 11-06-19 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Zealot (Post 1007198)
Not true Mark! We were indeed promised a Steam version, and when we were asked which platform we wanted to play the game on, the two options were "PlayStation 4" and "Steam"!!! I just checked my email for confirmation. This is what was in it:



Also in my emails, check the last line in the requirements:


So to me this is very simple: give me my Day-1 Steam key, or a full refund.

The article has been amended. Apologies for the inaccuracy. Several other reputable websites reported this as such, but I guess they were also misinformed.

Dicehunter 11-06-19 04:03 PM

That is seriously shady of the devs to pull this, They promised it would launch on Steam as that was one of the funding bullet points, Now I'm not a Steam fanboy but flat out lying to your customers that helped fund the game is an immensely scummy move.

AlienALX 11-06-19 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1007269)
That is seriously shady of the devs to pull this, They promised it would launch on Steam as that was one of the funding bullet points, Now I'm not a Steam fanboy but flat out lying to your customers that helped fund the game is an immensely scummy move.

But dewd.... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dicehunter 11-06-19 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlienALX (Post 1007271)
But dewd.... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$


True, Immoral people becoming REALLY immoral when money is flashed at them.

NeverBackDown 11-06-19 04:36 PM

Nothing to do with morals. For all you know the people who paid for it on Steam still get it. OR they were running out of money and the only way to get it to launch was this deal.

Honestly, who cares.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.