OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   SpecialTech (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=54434)

NickOmega 16-06-13 05:53 PM

SpecialTech

What are people's experiences of Special Tech recently? I did a search and notice that they used to be partnered on here, a partnership that was dissolved for some reason or another.

The reason I ask is that I'm tempted to order a case from there so I'd like to know if, for example, their shipping/packaging is poor or if the customer service is lacking etc.

SieB 16-06-13 06:05 PM

Specialtech are good, I've never had problems with orders from them although there have been people on here that have.

I don't think they ever had a partnership with OC3D, not one that I remember anyway. Tom has always recommended them in vids and such and still does as far as I know though. He posted on the TTL FB about the 900D being available from ST just the other day anyway.

SparkleDJackson 16-06-13 06:13 PM

In my experience they are slow to send the stuff out. Weeks slow once. But once dispatched its as fast as anywhere else on the mainland.

Greenback 16-06-13 06:20 PM

I've had no trouble with them and had stuff delivered with in 2 days at the most, customer service is excellent. I have got to the point where I use aria for hardware ST for water never look elsewhere

NickOmega 16-06-13 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SieB (Post 658209)
Specialtech are good, I've never had problems with orders from them although there have been people on here that have.

I don't think they ever had a partnership with OC3D, not one that I remember anyway. Tom has always recommended them in vids and such and still does as far as I know though. He posted on the TTL FB about the 900D being available from ST just the other day anyway.

Well the post I saw announcing it was from 2006

I'm looking at getting this but the courier is FedEx who I've had no experience of at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenback (Post 658216)
I've had no trouble with them and had stuff delivered with in 2 days at the most, customer service is excellent. I have got to the point where I use aria for hardware ST for water never look elsewhere

I would normally buy from Aria too, but they don't seem to have the "Core" (no mesh or window) model. It works out as just over 44 with the FedEx delivery on ST, but then adding the mesh and badge (if I eventually decide to go that route) will probably negate the saving now I think about it

jamesriley94 16-06-13 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SparkleDJackson (Post 658213)
In my experience they are slow to send the stuff out. Weeks slow once. But once dispatched its as fast as anywhere else on the mainland.

They can be...
They normally dispatch stuff out the same day, but sometimes their website's stock check doesn't update too well, so you buy things that they say are in stock, and they sometimes don't notify you if it isn't.

If you ring up before making an order just to check the availability of something, then you won't have any problems and you'll get it out the same day.

SieB 16-06-13 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcoholocaust (Post 658217)
Well the post I saw announcing it was from 2006

I'm looking at getting this but the courier is FedEx who I've had no experience of at all.

2006 a bit before my time here :D don't know what happened with that then.

FedEx are good also, I use the Specialtech free delivery through a deal they have on their forums which is a delivered within 3 days service and they have always delivered next day.

iBeInspire 16-06-13 06:34 PM

Bought most of the fans and heatsinks in my rig from em', lovely service :)

NickOmega 16-06-13 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SieB (Post 658219)

FedEx are good also, I use the Specialtech free delivery through a deal they have on their forums which is a delivered within 3 days service and they have always delivered next day.

Guessing there are requirements to qualify for the shipping deal though?

SieB 16-06-13 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcoholocaust (Post 658223)
Guessing there are requirements to qualify for the shipping deal though?

Yep, all details here.

http://www.specialtechforums.co.uk/s...-Forum-Members