OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   OC3D News (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Full Specifications for ASUS' RX 5700 XT Strix leak (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=92815)

WYP 08-08-19 10:28 AM

Full Specifications for ASUS' RX 5700 XT Strix leak

That boost clock!

https://overclock3d.net/gfx/articles...061031905l.jpg

Read more about ASUS' RX 5700 XT Strix.

Piskeante 08-08-19 11:22 AM

very very nice boost. But i will wait for Sapphire RX5700 XT Nitro+

AlienALX 08-08-19 11:39 AM

This is why they were delayed..

I was watching a Timmy Joe video the other night and he was showing how many stock variants of the card were available in stock. Madness tbh.

I would expect quite sudden price drops on these cards too. Maybe not the Strix, but yeah things should level off soon enough.

Piskeante 08-08-19 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlienALX (Post 1009607)
This is why they were delayed..

I was watching a Timmy Joe video the other night and he was showing how many stock variants of the card were available in stock. Madness tbh.

I would expect quite sudden price drops on these cards too. Maybe not the Strix, but yeah things should level off soon enough.

what i can tell you, is that blower sells are bad , really bad. and customs cards....well, if they show up with 470+, AMD will sell very little cards here in Spain.

NeverBackDown 08-08-19 03:41 PM

2.7 slot design seriously? What is with companies making thicker cards for cards that are consuming less power. Makes no sense to me.

looz 08-08-19 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverBackDown (Post 1009619)
2.7 slot design seriously? What is with companies making thicker cards for cards that are consuming less power. Makes no sense to me.

I don't mind as long as there are options - a 2.7slot card sounds good to me if it's near silent.

Bartacus 08-08-19 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverBackDown (Post 1009619)

Maybe because that B.S "low power consumption" song that AMD has been singing is a crock for those who want performance. These cards are already developing a reputation for throttling with the stock crap blower coolers (under STOCK conditions, let alone OCing), so I suspect even with their supposedly "more efficient" GPUs, these things NEED serious cooling to tame them.

These new 5700s seem to be just like the Radeon VII was, terrible with stock cooling and needing water to really get the performance numbers up. It will be interesting to see how AIB's air cooling solutions perform though.

AlienALX 08-08-19 04:52 PM

It's because Navi has a lot of untapped performance, if you have the cooling and don't mind using more power.

IE this is one of the first AMD cards in ages with some oc potential hence why the more cooling the better.

NeverBackDown 08-08-19 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartacus (Post 1009626)
Maybe because that B.S "low power consumption" song that AMD has been singing is a crock for those who want performance. These cards are already developing a reputation for throttling with the stock crap blower coolers (under STOCK conditions, let alone OCing), so I suspect even with their supposedly "more efficient" GPUs, these things NEED serious cooling to tame them.

These new 5700s seem to be just like the Radeon VII was, terrible with stock cooling and needing water to really get the performance numbers up. It will be interesting to see how AIB's air cooling solutions perform though.

Turing and Navi both are getting thicker despite consuming less power. Don't really care if you think it's BS, it's lower than before. Past few years we have just been getting thicker than 2 slots. That's the point and it's true. Limits potential cards for ITX cases.

Bartacus 08-08-19 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverBackDown (Post 1009630)
Turing and Navi both are getting thicker despite consuming less power. Don't really care if you think it's BS, it's lower than before. Past few years we have just been getting thicker than 2 slots. That's the point and it's true. Limits potential cards for ITX cases.

Lower than BEFORE, yes. Low enough so you can get away with a slim cooler? Apparently not. :p I just wish someone could design a decently slim air cooler to properly dissipate heat on AMD cards. Nvidia can do it, AMD seemingly cannot.