OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   Liquid Cooling (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Corsair H100i Screws? (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=51189)

neblur 20-02-13 05:15 PM

Corsair H100i Screws?
 
Hi there i am going to be building quite a pricy rig in about 8 months and i will hopefully be using the h100i. Now i am aware that they only provide 8 screws for "2" fan's. I am lookign to mount it in a 900d hopefully in push pull so i ordered some screws today and what i want to know is if they will work?

The screws i ordered are http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/shop/prod...oducts_id=2036

Has anyone done a push pull config with a h100i yet? and if so could you link me to some screw's that you can confirm work 100% with the h100i or if the ones i ordered will work :rolleyes:^_^

chris_61 01-03-13 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neblur (Post 617187)
Hi there i am going to be building quite a pricy rig in about 8 months and i will hopefully be using the h100i. Now i am aware that they only provide 8 screws for "2" fan's. I am lookign to mount it in a 900d hopefully in push pull so i ordered some screws today and what i want to know is if they will work?

The screws i ordered are http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/shop/prod...oducts_id=2036

Has anyone done a push pull config with a h100i yet? and if so could you link me to some screw's that you can confirm work 100% with the h100i or if the ones i ordered will work :rolleyes:^_^

Hi did you try these screws yet? i am also on the same boat and want to do push pull.

Chris.

seumasbeathan 01-03-13 12:23 AM

You are going to use a H100i in a 900D? That will look stupid IMO

Also, push-pull is pretty pointless

chris_61 01-03-13 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seumasbeathan (Post 619847)
You are going to use a H100i in a 900D? That will look stupid IMO

Also, push-pull is pretty pointless

I have the 800D.

seumasbeathan 01-03-13 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_61 (Post 619848)
I have the 800D.

I was referring to the OP

SeekaX 01-03-13 07:31 AM

900d + h100i?
money = wasted
either you go custom loop or you get a different case, it will look completely underspec'd

chris_61 01-03-13 10:39 AM

Don't take this the wrong way but he didn't ask your opinion on how it will look. Can we get back on topic, Do you know if the screws will fit or not? or where to get 8 of the long screws that corsair provide?

tinytomlogan 01-03-13 11:33 AM

two fans stacked will do noting. push pull is meant to be a set of fans on each side.

chris_61 01-03-13 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinytomlogan (Post 619919)
two fans stacked will do noting. push pull is meant to be a set of fans on each side.

Who wants to stack the fans? Corsair does not provide long enough screws to do push pull and in the instruction booklet states that in order to do push pull you must buy additional screws on their website, However this is no where to be found.

FTR.4500MHz 01-03-13 04:46 PM

For choosing the right screws you'll need to find out which threading was tapped into the h100i (M4, M3, 6-32, etc...).

Then the best lenght for 25mm fans in push/pull (bolted through the case) are 35mm screws. However if 35mm is too long you can always use some washers to avoid hitting the rad fins.

After that its up to you to choose colour, screw head print, shape etc...

I would suggest this:

http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/...pid-14509.html


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.