OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   Platforms - Other (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Gaming mouse & keyboard (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=58930)

QuietOne 15-12-13 01:01 PM

Gaming mouse & keyboard

Hi guys, I am after a gaming mouse and keyboard. I do game a lot, mainly fps and third person games. I hear mechanical keyboards are great for that and i am thinking of getting one but there are so many different variations.

As for a gaming mouse i am clueless because well there are different kinds. Also not sure whether wired or wireless is best for both keyboard and mouse.

Budget wise i am not too concerned about. Just hit me with what you think are best.

Many thanks.

wrenaudrey 15-12-13 01:13 PM

For my peripherals im using a K95(red switch) and a G700.
I'd recommend the same or get a K70 with red switch and a G500

It's really up to you and what you find comfortable especially the mouse.

I really like my G700 cause it has 13 buttons, i can literally put 80% of the keys i use like crouch, prone, grenade, gadget 1 and 2 on there anddd its wireless. I dont find any diff in terms of lag or whatever between wired and wireless as i've had a G500(wired) and my current mouse G700(wireless)

For keyboards, there are a lot out there.
I personally like red switches(as i think most fps gamers do), not too heavy and responds quick as the actuation is iirc not as deep as blues or browns.
Then there's blue and brown switches, they need a bit more force and the actuation point is a bit deeper than red BUT if you like that tic tic tic tic sound(tactile response) you should look into them. I personally find blue switches to be very loud and brown to be slightly quieter.

At the end of the day its your decision and what you find to be the best for you.

QuietOne 15-12-13 01:31 PM

Just looked on scan for the k95 and g700. Both look nice. They can be my xmas present from the mrs. Will have a proper look after work. Miles away from home waiting for my next call D:

WillSK 15-12-13 03:11 PM

For a mouse definitely look into getting the new Logitech G602 it looks awesome and is an update on the mice mentioned above

notcool 15-12-13 06:47 PM

Logitech or Cosair, stay away from Roccat and Razer products. Been using a G500 for 4 years or so now like 10 hours a day, still works perfectly. Pretty sure it's EOL now and there's a new/updated version.

QuietOne 15-12-13 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillSK (Post 710929)
For a mouse definitely look into getting the new Logitech G602 it looks awesome and is an update on the mice mentioned above

Scan doesnt list the g602.

Notcool. I always use logitech, i have a standard logitech keyboard/mouse combo atm but want more of a gaming kit.

Jordan 15-12-13 07:11 PM

I used the Logitech G500 mouse for three years and never had a complaint, they've recently released an updated version (G500s) that might be worth a gander.

Feronix 15-12-13 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notcool (Post 710965)
Logitech or Cosair, stay away from Roccat and Razer products. Been using a G500 for 4 years or so now like 10 hours a day, still works perfectly. Pretty sure it's EOL now and there's a new/updated version.

What's wrong with Roccat? I've been using a few of their mice and I like them a lot. True, some of the higher end models are a bit gimmicky with drivers and LEDs but I found that the mice are of good quality.

Agree on the Razer part though.

Remmy 15-12-13 08:56 PM

on the K95 if it's in budget (or any of the Corsair K series), it's a beautiful keyboard and a pleasure to use. Cherry MX Red switches seem to be most people's preference for gaming I believe.

Again with Corsair, the M65 is an epic mouse, both in performance and in looks :) It feels nice and weighty and comfortable in the hand.

Edit: I'd say you might as well get wired over wireless, unless your setup is such that you wouldn't be able to hide the cables easily. If you get a wireless keyboard, you're just adding another hassle in charging batteries (it's not often, but still extra work over wired).

WillSK 15-12-13 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietOne (Post 710968)
Scan doesnt list the g602.

Notcool. I always use logitech, i have a standard logitech keyboard/mouse combo atm but want more of a gaming kit.

Amazon have it :) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-G60.../dp/B00ESVLW0O