OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   OS & Apps (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   All USB ports no longer work on Windows 10 (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=94164)

WYP 24-03-20 03:16 PM

All USB ports no longer work on Windows 10

Right. I just installed Nvidia's latest graphics driver, and now all of the USB ports on my system don't work.

So Windows boots, everything looks normal, but the mouse and keyboard don't work. Very bizarre. Unplugging and replugging won't work, and neither will other USB devices.

Have rebooted enough times to get Windows to ask if I want to reboot, enter safe mode etc. The USB ports work on this page. I have told it to uninstall the latest Windows update. I'm not sure if this is an Nvidia issue or a Windows issue.

I don't understand why an update would mess with USB support like this. So bizzare. Will report back if I can fix the issue.

Update 1:

- Uninstalling the latest Windows Update didn't work

Update 2:

- USB ports won't work in safe mode...

Update 3:

- I may need to go nuclear and clean install... I don't need this right now. Thank goodness this is a test system and not my main system.

- Will change graphics cards. Maybe that will work if this is an Nvidia driver issue.

Update 4:

Going Nuclear - Clean Install - Sounds like DLSS 2.0 testing will need to wait

NeverBackDown 24-03-20 04:13 PM

Why not just ddu the Nvidia driver instead of a clean install?

WYP 24-03-20 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverBackDown (Post 1017491)
Why not just ddu the Nvidia driver instead of a clean install?

Try to use DDU without a mouse and keyboard. They don't work in safe mode either.

The clean install has gotten the mouse/keyboard working again. Thankfully. Ugh...

NeverBackDown 24-03-20 04:50 PM

You didn't mention it didn't. Just said it worked in safe mode so didn't know

Glad it's working

Sert45 27-04-20 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WYP (Post 1017492)
Try to use DDU without a mouse and keyboard. They don't work in safe mode either.

The clean install has gotten the mouse/keyboard working again. Thankfully. Ugh...

This maybe can be tried.

Dawelio 27-04-20 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sert45 (Post 1019330)
This maybe can be tried.

Warchild 28-04-20 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawelio (Post 1019336)

it was only a month old...

Dawelio 28-04-20 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warchild (Post 1019347)
it was only a month old...

So? The thread had still been unactive for over a month... Plus the poster basically said WYP to do what he had already said he had done.

WYP 28-04-20 03:20 PM

Does this thread really need to change into one about the definition of a "Necropost"?

looz 28-04-20 04:08 PM

Well, on another note, you could set up Barrier on the machine if you ever decide to try again - so you could have mouse and keyboard through another PC on the same network.