OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   OC3D News (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Noctua teases its Chromax series of all-black CPU coolers (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=92915)

WYP 23-08-19 02:27 PM

Noctua teases its Chromax series of all-black CPU coolers
 
Noctua's turning to the dark side!

https://overclock3d.net/gfx/articles...101732822l.jpg

Read more about Noctua's upcoming all-black Chromax series coolers.

NeverBackDown 23-08-19 02:41 PM

Well guess I have to spend another $60 for black A12x25 fans!

ImprovizoR 23-08-19 03:21 PM

That's gonna be a classy looking cooler.

dazbobaby 23-08-19 05:58 PM

What are Noctua's coolers like?

I've only ever used their fans. They're pricey but damn are they quiet and effecient.

NeverBackDown 23-08-19 05:59 PM

They are the best air coolers money can buy. There's a reason the NH-D14 is legendary.

WillSK 23-08-19 09:18 PM

Seriously considering going to a noctua cooler from my H150 platinum AIO. Was thinking the NHU12-A. Do you reckon my temps would be hit super hard?

I have my AIO front mounted so wondered if the extra air from unblocked front would result in overall better temps. Just fed up of iCue it's a half a gig of bloat

NeverBackDown 23-08-19 10:45 PM

I'd rather get the NH-D15 for that money they are asking for the u12A
The U12A is fantastic but far to expensive. It's the best 120mm cooler and at the bottom tier of 140mm fans.

I'd rather have much better performance for the money

The U12A is expensive because of the fact it uses 2 of their best fans which cost $30 each
So $60 for fans but $40 for the rest.. which is the heatsink
Doesn't make much sense to spend $40 on a heatsink and more on fans

meuvoy 23-08-19 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillSK (Post 1010151)
Seriously considering going to a noctua cooler from my H150 platinum AIO. Was thinking the NHU12-A. Do you reckon my temps would be hit super hard?

I have my AIO front mounted so wondered if the extra air from unblocked front would result in overall better temps. Just fed up of iCue it's a half a gig of bloat

You'll probably get very similar temps. Remember, no AIO can beat the best Air cooler from Noctua!

WillSK 24-08-19 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverBackDown (Post 1010153)
I'd rather get the NH-D15 for that money they are asking for the u12A
The U12A is fantastic but far to expensive. It's the best 120mm cooler and at the bottom tier of 140mm fans.

I'd rather have much better performance for the money

The U12A is expensive because of the fact it uses 2 of their best fans which cost $30 each
So $60 for fans but $40 for the rest.. which is the heatsink
Doesn't make much sense to spend $40 on a heatsink and more on fans

My main concern is RAM clearance. I'd gladly get an NHD15 but I don't know if it would fit over my RAM even though I wouldn't consider the spreaders particularly high

These

NeverBackDown 24-08-19 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillSK (Post 1010162)
My main concern is RAM clearance. I'd gladly get an NHD15 but I don't know if it would fit over my RAM even though I wouldn't consider the spreaders particularly high

These

They are 37mm tall and Noctua advertise 64mm of memory clearance. Should work out. I'd look more into it if you want


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.