OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   Mainboard & CPU (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Come on Tom..get the reviews done (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=92855)

mutantaxe 15-08-19 09:43 AM

Come on Tom..get the reviews done
 
Am after a motherboard to complete my build....so far I have or its on order:
on order:
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black ATX Case, T/G Windows, $185.00
Noctua NA-SEC1 chromax.red 30cm 4Pin PWM Extension Cables
Noctua NA-SYC1 chromax.red 11cm 4Pin PWM Fan Splitter Cable (3 Pack)
Noctua 120mm NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap 1200RPM Fan (6 off )
Thermaltake Water 3.0 360 ARGB Sync Edition Liquid CPU Cooler

will be using this from current PC :

G_skill trident F4-3200C CL 16 1 18 38 ( 4 x 8G )
2080ti gpu
M.2 Samsung 970 EVO 1TB
2 Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSDs

And its missing the Motherboard...have seen the Aorus Master review but am not sure as its expensive so maybe the Taichi motherboard. I do like the number of fan headers on the Master and the number of USB ports on the back of the case. Maybe the Hero from Asus but I am not a fan as they are very slow booting and also expensive.

So many cheaper ones are good but lack the Fan headers to reduce costs but the put HDMI on the backplate :confused:


EDIT: i SHOULD HAVE PUT A :-) IN THE HEADING

Damien c 15-08-19 01:14 PM

On a personal note, this is not a very good idea to almost demand that reviews get done!

On the subject though, I am sure Tom is working on reviews but is very busy and doesn't do the 5 minute reviews you get from other places, no disrespect to them but the detail etc that Tom and those who do the written reviews go in to, takes time to put together and then to form in the format of a review.

Tom also doesn't review everything, so he may never get the board that you want, in to review.

Apologies Tom if this post is out of order, I just don't think it's nice to have someone request a review in this manor when it could have been put in a much better way.

RobM 15-08-19 03:25 PM

Why not just google and watch other reviewers

mutantaxe 16-08-19 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien c (Post 1009825)
On a personal note, this is not a very good idea to almost demand that reviews get done!

On the subject though, I am sure Tom is working on reviews but is very busy and doesn't do the 5 minute reviews you get from other places, no disrespect to them but the detail etc that Tom and those who do the written reviews go in to, takes time to put together and then to form in the format of a review.

Tom also doesn't review everything, so he may never get the board that you want, in to review.

Apologies Tom if this post is out of order, I just don't think it's nice to have someone request a review in this manor when it could have been put in a much better way.

its tongue in cheek , I thought most would realize that but apparently I should put it in the post


chillout

mutantaxe 16-08-19 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobM (Post 1009830)
Why not just google and watch other reviewers

I watch a lot of others reviews but I tend to trust Tom's and find them more accurate and he shows me what I want to see

The price of these are expensive due to the new stuff on the motherboards as mentioned and I like to get a lot of views as I dont want to regret buying my last motherboard for my last PC build. I have watched the previews and thought the full reviews may have been done by now but I better post smilies in future otherwise people end up with their panties in a twist

edit: these are what I am considering

I like the look of the MSI Meg Ace 570 and love the fan headers on the motherboard as I will have 3 at the bottom and 3 on the side

Also dont mind the Asrock Taichi motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus Master is ok......very classy VRM etc

ROG Hero ....is also a go

Dawelio 17-08-19 03:02 PM

Well one thing you've failed to mention in all of your posts in this thread is the CPU you are using or will be using?...

mutantaxe 18-08-19 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawelio (Post 1009880)
Well one thing you've failed to mention in all of your posts in this thread is the CPU you are using or will be using?...

:banghead:

I cant stop laughing........well it helps cover the embarrasement

I have preordered the 3900x ( they have sold out in a lot of places and where they havent sold out they are charging crazy prices )

and have been looking very closely at the MSI Ace x570

mutantaxe 21-08-19 09:05 AM

well finally made my selection and went the Gigabyte Aorus Master X570

Bartacus 21-08-19 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mutantaxe (Post 1010047)
well finally made my selection and went the Gigabyte Aorus Master X570

Good choice. You won't be disappointed. That seems to be one of the "least bitched about" X570 boards, LOL. Some people have had issues, but mine's been good.

mutantaxe 02-09-19 05:38 AM

I disabled Optimised Boost as my temps were all over the place.....just typing they could jump from 36 to 56 to 44 to 51..all over the place and I had a couple of lock ups. Disabled Boost and had a clock speed of 800Mhz.
Ended up loading optimized defaults and after rebooting I disabled Boost and enabled XMP and temps are now stable and later I will do the manual overclocking


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.