OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   [OC3D] Gaming (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Project Cars Monthly Challenge - Nov/Dec (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=82396)

Wraith 03-11-17 11:53 PM

Project Cars Monthly Challenge - Nov/Dec

Many apologies guys I'm a little late getting this out to you all, I've recently started a new job and have not had a great deal of time until now to set you all up with a new challenge, firstly we should all bow down and give Bonkers Mental some serious props, not only did he set a blinding challenge time but also sits comfortably as world ranked #1 for last months car and track combo. So here it is your fresh challenge, Green Hell and a tidy motor too. Given that this is a beast of a track I'm going to give until Christmas Eve for times to roll in, good luck and watch those corners ;)

The rules are simple,

Use the car and track chosen for the challenge and post your times in the thread as a screen shot of the in game leader board, it's that simple. All valid times will be added to the main Lap Times board.

Your challenge for the next 4 weeks is Nordscheife with the Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3.

https://i.imgur.com/NjOcZY6.jpg

Bonkers Mental - 6:44:055 (Controller) World #1
Warchild - 7:03.469 (Wheel)
Russler - 7:08:291 (Controller)
Wraith - 7:11:579 (Controller)
Jimma47 - 7:33:637 (Wheel)
Korreborg - 0.00.000 (Controller)
Daiyus - 0.00.000 (Controller)

Enjoy!

For those that need validation of their place on the leaderboard check >>here<<

This challenge is going to run until December 24th.

BonkersMental 04-11-17 12:17 AM

WOW !!. Cant wait to get stuck in. Awesome Track choice and i love the Aston Martins soundtrack. :)

BonkersMental 04-11-17 12:06 PM

Project Cars 1 Monthly Challenge

1 Attachment(s)
After my 1st 6 laps being invalidated i drove more cautiously and finally posted a time on the leader boards. Many mistakes made along the way and nearly 30 secs to find to challenge the top controller spot. Its a start and we all have until towards the end of December to fine tune and learn the braking points. Good Luck everyone ! :)

BonkersMental 06-11-17 12:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thought id share the summary of my cars setup for this months challenge. Still a work in progress and have to find another 15 secs to challenge for Top Controller Spot

Dicehunter 06-11-17 01:52 AM

Just tried this on the Rift, My times were so horrible I won't dare post them but holy hell, Anyone who likes PCARS 1 or 2 needs to get on VR ASAP !

jimma47 06-11-17 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 962746)
Just tried this on the Rift, My times were so horrible I won't dare post them but holy hell, Anyone who likes PCARS 1 or 2 needs to get on VR ASAP !

I have limited access to my rig for the next couple of months so it's going to be hard to post a good time. Although to be honest I think anyone that does a clean lap should get some satisfaction!

Rift looks amazing value right now..

Warchild 06-11-17 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 962746)

Tried it and didnt like it. I guess VR isnt for everyone. ED however was immense and blew my face off!

Dicehunter 06-11-17 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warchild (Post 962764)
Tried it and didnt like it. I guess VR isnt for everyone. ED however was immense and blew my face off!

Yeah it's not for everyone, Most people I know personally that have tried have been wowed by it, VR not PCARs that is ^_^

BonkersMental 06-11-17 09:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Just did my 1st sub 7 min laptime even tho i fu%ked up the carousel corner and came to a complete stop, facing sideays, but didnt leave the track, so i straightened up and carried on, i reckon i lost around 5+ secs right there. quicker time is there if i nail that nemesis corner. :) .Still some fine tuning on the Car setup required but when im happy with it ill post my complete setup in the P_Cars_Setups page on our OC3D Game Chat Discord for anyone who wants to try and or tweak.

Warchild 06-11-17 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 962765)
Yeah it's not for everyone, Most people I know personally that have tried have been wowed by it, VR not PCARs that is ^_^

im tempted by it just because of ED. However I still think VR is a dying fad that won't last. On top of that, I'm pretty sure I would just get tired of it anyway.

I have developed a love for Destiny 2 right now, and i am embarrassingly hooked on it. so it might help me stave off dropping 9000kr on VR.

edit* Nice times bonkers. I see another top spot in your future.