OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   Asus UK Customer Care Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Crosshair Hero 6 BIOS 7106 warning (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=92647)

Gothmoth 12-07-19 02:11 PM

Crosshair Hero 6 BIOS 7106 warning

some old bugs are back in 7106 and some new ones.

most annoying for me is that the mouse will not work in the bios.
and 1 out of 10 times even the keyboard will not work.

a friend has the same issue with bios 7106.

asus does not remove crappy bios versions or even write a short notice on the download page when bugs are known.
they just let the customers play betatester.

i have seen this over and over.
obvious bugs that even a 10 year old betatester would notice.

so i can only assume that asus has no betatesting program at all.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...6-for-CH6-Hero

the praise TTL gives asus for their bios implementation sounds like a bad joke when you see such obvious issues go unnoticed.

if other brands are even worse i can only wonder why people still buying their crap.

Dawelio 12-07-19 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gothmoth (Post 1008549)
the praise TTL gives asus for their bios implementation sounds like a bad joke when you see such obvious issues go unnoticed.

if other brands are even worse i can only wonder why people still buying their crap.

I can understand your frustration, as something so little can cause great deal of being annoying to you... Although, how often is it that you actually use the BIOS? Maybe 1-3 times if you’re just gonna setup your PC. More if you’re an avid overclocker.

Me? I just mostly set everything and leave it... No need to fiddle around in the BIOS if the rest of the system works and besides, it’s mostly inside of windows where you conduct your daily business. Not in the BIOS.

NeverBackDown 12-07-19 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawelio (Post 1008573)
I can understand your frustration, as something so little can cause great deal of being annoying to you... Although, how often is it that you actually use the BIOS? Maybe 1-3 times if you’re just gonna setup your PC. More if you’re an avid overclocker.

Me? I just mostly set everything and leave it... No need to fiddle around in the BIOS if the rest of the system works and besides, it’s mostly inside of windows where you conduct your daily business. Not in the BIOS.

The bios affects everything... so it's a constant annoyance. That's great you set and forget it. Doesn't mean other people with different BIOS's don't have issues.

Gothmoth 12-07-19 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawelio (Post 1008573)

the mouse and keyboard issue is only the most obvious issue (at least for me, using a ryzen 1700 on this board. other CH6 system won´t boot when using a ryzen 3000 and 7106).
and it is only one issue in a row of issues with asus bios releases.

the 7106 has also issues with the voltage and ryzen 3000.
asus can´t even supply the correct voltage as it seems.

yes it is a new cpu generation and all. but please... messing up the voltage?

i know other vendors are not better. maybe they are all worse.
but that such obvious bugs are going unnoticed (or even worse are ignored) makes me .. lets say.... i am not amused. :)

thing is i want to sell this crosshair 6 and the buyer asked me to make it ready for a ryzen 3600x.
unlike asus i don´t like to give away something that does not work as expected.

i have swallowed my anger often enough. waited for the next BIOS and hoped for a fix.
but this time and with these circumstances i thought i might say something.

Dawelio 13-07-19 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverBackDown (Post 1008576)
The bios affects everything... so it's a constant annoyance. That's great you set and forget it. Doesn't mean other people with different BIOS's don't have issues.

Not sure if you take things personally or whatever, but seems like you're having a go at a lot of people, much of the time. I was just trying to help out, as best I could, to the extent of my knowledge.... But guessing having a go at people is better than actually contributing with something that would help the OP with his issues.

Anyhow... OP, good luck with your issues and hope they get resolved soon. As this area is unfortunately out of my expertise, someone else around here would be better suited in assisting you with your issue(s).

NeverBackDown 13-07-19 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawelio (Post 1008600)
Not sure if you take things personally or whatever, but seems like you're having a go at a lot of people, much of the time. I was just trying to help out, as best I could, to the extent of my knowledge.... But guessing having a go at people is better than actually contributing with something that would help the OP with his issues.

Anyhow... OP, good luck with your issues and hope they get resolved soon. As this area is unfortunately out of my expertise, someone else around here would be better suited in assisting you with your issue(s).

You're that sensitive that me telling you others have issues is a thing? Damn son. I rarely have a go at people, at least on my end. Not sure how it's interpreted over text as sarcasm can do that.
You didn't contribute anything my guy. You essentially said, "you hardly ever use the bios so really it's not an issue. I set it and forget it because I don't use it".
That literally does nothing to help. OP is talking about issues. Not your experience.

I also said what I said because like the OP I have had issues with BIOS from inside windows. An EVGA board that similar to what OP posted above, had voltage issues (intel platform), which does ruin your entire PC experience. So yes I said what I said because you posted nothing helpful.

As for GothMoth, I understand your frustration. In my experience with EVGA boards they never really did much to help. I am surprised Asus hasn't helped you or fixed anything, but seeing as we can't really do much you just gotta wait. It's a new platform some kinks should be expected. Not sure the Asus bios's order of release since Ryzen 3000 launched, but I would recommend rolling back to an earlier Ryzen 3000 supported BIOS. It's the only solution until a new one is released.

robbiec 14-07-19 07:02 PM

On the Good old gamer You Tube channel there is a feature about some Gigabyte boards taking numerous recycles to boot a Ryzen 3000. Ie put in chip get to bios screen, set your parameters and boot then walk away for a cup of tea, do a Tai Chi session, whatever you do when you don't want to wait for something to happen. Moral of the story is that he was too impatient, thought it was fubarr'd. He researched, tried again and after 10 or 15 mins it booted. Chip and board have to do some training to figure out what each can do.

Warchild 15-07-19 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawelio (Post 1008600)

He's not taking it personal at all. This is the ASUS customer care forum where people come for support, returns or tips n tricks and your post had no contribution, relevance, no help or postive/negative feedback whatsoever.

My only suggestion for OP is to use the ASUS USB flashback. I guess thats the easiest quickest solution to a working bios. Should be quick and painless as I recall the process being very simple via usb. These days I am very skeptical on new releases so unless there is a security flaw I tend to hold off on a version or two unless its essential to operating new hardware. You problem has happened to me on the maximum IX extreme, but the flashback resolved it.

A newer updated bios was then released to fix the M/KB issue but they never listed it and considered it a silent fix.

Gothmoth 27-07-19 03:20 PM

flashback does not help to fix the issue. but it would help to get an old bios back onto the board, yes.

for some mainboards it was acknowledged and fixed by asus with new bios versions.

for the CH6 Version 7201 there is no info on asus download page.
and i can´t test it right now.

for the CH7 it was fixed:

Quote:

ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO BIOS 2501
Fix an issue where the mouse will sometimes freeze in the UEFI.
Update multi-language string.
Fix an issue with the Safe Boot button.
sometimes... mhm. all who have reported this issue had it freeze all the time.
but maybe they mean on some systems the mouse worked.

asus has dropped the ball when it comes to BIOS quality lately... that IS still an issue.

i see voltages as high as 1.5v now for a ryzen 3700x.
all on optimized defaults.

ok that´s only 1.5v for a short time but why such a high voltage? it is not needed.
and i do see higher temps (high summer temps taken into account).