OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   OC3D News (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   5.2GHz Ryzen 9 3950X Benchmarks Blitzes the competition (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=92538)

WYP 26-06-19 11:40 AM

5.2GHz Ryzen 9 3950X Benchmarks Blitzes the competition
 
This must be on LN2, right?

https://overclock3d.net/gfx/articles...072518928l.jpg

Read more about a 5.2GHz Ryzen 9 3950X hitting Geekbench.

AlienALX 26-06-19 11:44 AM

Amazing. Roll on 7/7

Giggyolly 26-06-19 01:23 PM

Here's hoping I can get a 3600x to 4.5 (or more)

looz 26-06-19 01:44 PM

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu...eline=13676276


Hard to see Ryzen 3 matching Intel in gaming, if that's LN2.

WYP 26-06-19 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by looz (Post 1007869)
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu...eline=13676276


Hard to see Ryzen 3 matching Intel in gaming, if that's LN2.

There's a lot more to gaming than a single benchmark and a lot more to single-threaded performance and IPC than a single data point.

Regardless, AMD is set to be incredibly competitive this generation.

tgrech 26-06-19 02:29 PM

Is this a 3950X? Its base clocks are listed as 200Mhz lower, surely this is an engineering sample? Personally I'd think this is achievable with a custom water loop and lots of luck now we know it's not an architectural limit though, it's only 500Mhz above boost clock, usually you bring out the LN2 when going 1-2Ghz over boost.

looz 26-06-19 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WYP (Post 1007871)
There's a lot more to gaming than a single benchmark and a lot more to single-threaded performance and IPC than a single data point.

Regardless, AMD is set to be incredibly competitive this generation.

The bench provides much more than a single data point and pinpoints that memory latency is still much worse off.
It doesn't tell the whole story but it's enough to confirm that AMD is still behind in gaming IMO.
Not by a lot, though, and lower end Zen 2 CPUs will be excellent value, even in gaming.

tgrech 26-06-19 03:15 PM

Given the 3950X already boosts to 4.9Ghz in its stock config with XFR & PBO enabled I think one would assume you could force an all-core speed under air or AIO with performance not far off this.

These memory latency figures are still better than all of Intel's pre-8000 series chips too though so it's not that bad.

Giggyolly 26-06-19 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgrech (Post 1007877)
Given the 3950X already boosts to 4.9Ghz in its stock config with XFR & PBO enabled I think one would assume you could force an all-core speed under air or AIO with performance not far off this.

These memory latency figures are still better than all of Intel's pre-8000 series chips too though so it's not that bad.

It can boost to 4.9? where did you find that?

AlienALX 26-06-19 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giggyolly (Post 1007882)
It can boost to 4.9? where did you find that?

4.7 dude

https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-9-3950x


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.