OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Post A Picture of Your Last Purchase (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=51377)

The_Mard 01-09-15 10:39 PM

For me? some $700 USD charge showed up on my credit card in California... but I'm in Alberta, Canada! Luckily my bank is good and noticed it and froze my VISA until I called them. My credit card was cancelled and they're now issuing me a new one. Phew! :)

Well other than that? I ordered a new DC Jack for a friend's busted DC jack on his Alienware M14X R2. I'm gonna solder on a new one for him and I'm gonna make him pay me $40 and I might put that towards MGS 5. :D

https://images.discountelectronics.c.../6232Large.jpg

NeverBackDown 02-09-15 12:42 AM

So bought 6 GT AP-14's. Two of them arrived broken. One doesn't spin at all, just moving it by hand is hard, and one of them vibrates like crazy.

Also dissapointed in them slightly. While they are quiet, at 7v they are louder(mechanically not air noise) than my Fractal GP-14's at 12v. At 7v it pushes about the same amount of air but more SP for sure. At 12v the GPs are actually damn silent. Debating if I should refund all 6 and maybe get some Noctua's or Fractal Venturi's. Thoughts?

Excalabur50 02-09-15 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverBackDown (Post 865631)
So bought 6 GT AP-14's. Two of them arrived broken. One doesn't spin at all, just moving it by hand is hard, and one of them vibrates like crazy.

Also dissapointed in them slightly. While they are quiet, at 7v they are louder(mechanically not air noise) than my Fractal GP-14's at 12v. At 7v it pushes about the same amount of air but more SP for sure. At 12v the GPs are actually damn silent. Debating if I should refund all 6 and maybe get some Noctua's or Fractal Venturi's. Thoughts?

Go the Noctua's dude as you know you will be getting quality

Doomslayer 02-09-15 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverBackDown (Post 865631)

I would say the Fractal Venturi's :p, Which Noctua's are you looking at

NeverBackDown 02-09-15 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalabur50 (Post 865634)
Go the Noctua's dude as you know you will be getting quality

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Old School (Post 865635)
I would say the Fractal Venturi's :p, Which Noctua's are you looking at

I got the refund for just the 2 broken ones. To refund the other fans I would have to pay some fees on the other 4 which is as much as one fan.. so wasn't worth it.
Was just looking at the NF-F12 or looking at the Redux versions. Darn expensive even though I paid $20 per GT. The fractal's are only couple dollars cheaper than the GTs but not sure how well the perform. I just like the look of them

Doomslayer 02-09-15 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverBackDown (Post 865637)
I got the refund for just the 2 broken ones. To refund the other fans I would have to pay some fees on the other 4 which is as much as one fan.. so wasn't worth it.
Was just looking at the NF-F12 or looking at the Redux versions. Darn expensive even though I paid $20 per GT. The fractal's are only couple dollars cheaper than the GTs but not sure how well the perform. I just like the look of them

Find some reviews of the Fractal Venturi's and then make up ya mind ;)

NeverBackDown 02-09-15 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Old School (Post 865638)
Find some reviews of the Fractal Venturi's and then make up ya mind ;)

Already spent $80 on fans.. I'll have to wait:p

Doomslayer 02-09-15 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverBackDown (Post 865640)
Already spent $80 on fans.. I'll have to wait:p

Yep you don't want to get into any more trouble ;)

I'm still trying to work out if i want to keep these Corsair ones or swap to a different white LED since i have the FD Define S ^_^

NeverBackDown 02-09-15 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Old School (Post 865656)
Yep you don't want to get into any more trouble ;)

I'm still trying to work out if i want to keep these Corsair ones or swap to a different white LED since i have the FD Define S ^_^

Ya they arrived when the lady wasnt here. Got lucky:p
I don't like my SP120s. Overrated by a mile. In comparison they feel like crap in your hand to the GTs or the GP14s.
I'd get more GP14s since you have the Define S. I love that at 12v are completely silent. Doesn't move much air at only 1000rpm but it looks sexy so who cares:)
I personally hate LED fans. Rather get an LED strip and get higher quality fans:p

Doomslayer 02-09-15 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverBackDown (Post 865660)
Ya they arrived when the lady wasnt here. Got lucky:p
I don't like my SP120s. Overrated by a mile. In comparison they feel like crap in your hand to the GTs or the GP14s.
I'd get more GP14s since you have the Define S. I love that at 12v are completely silent. Doesn't move much air at only 1000rpm but it looks sexy so who cares:)
I personally hate LED fans. Rather get an LED strip and get higher quality fans:p

Yeah that is what i'm thinking Non LED fans but using LED strips i was think with my H105 2 of the EK fans

120 or 140's :p