OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   Asus UK Customer Care Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Asus ROG Spatha Replacement Battery ? (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=92481)

Dicehunter 18-06-19 10:42 AM

Asus ROG Spatha Replacement Battery ?
 
While the mouse itself is fantastic, The battery in wireless mode only lasts for around 2-4 hours depending on if I turn lights off etc...

Is there any way to purchase a replacement battery or 2 ? I've looked inside the Spatha and it's very easily removable so an RMA wouldn't be needed and would be a bit overkill for a simple battery swap.

Damien c 18-06-19 01:29 PM

2-4 hours?

I hope it costs less than 20 because that battery life is a joke.

Dicehunter 18-06-19 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien c (Post 1007573)
2-4 hours?

I hope it costs less than 20 because that battery life is a joke.

The annoying thing is that the mouse is only 11 months old and I've used the wireless portion of it only for the last 3 months, Wouldn't really bother me if there was an option to buy a replaceable battery.

My next mouse is going to be from Logitech if I can;t get a replacement for this one, The newer MX Master 2s, At least with that I know I can buy a few rechargeable batteries from various places online and even upgrade to a higher mAH if I wish.

Warchild 18-06-19 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1007574)
The annoying thing is that the mouse is only 11 months old and I've used the wireless portion of it only for the last 3 months, Wouldn't really bother me if there was an option to buy a replaceable battery.

My next mouse is going to be from Logitech if I can;t get a replacement for this one, The newer MX Master 2s, At least with that I know I can buy a few rechargeable batteries from various places online and even upgrade to a higher mAH if I wish.

Maybe you have overcharged it and ruined the battery. In even with phones, you shouldn't charge over 80% as it deteriorates the battery life.

Maybe months of having it charging over night has caused its life span to fall? Reviews are quoting 3 days of use with a full charge.

Dicehunter 18-06-19 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warchild (Post 1007580)
Maybe you have overcharged it and ruined the battery. In even with phones, you shouldn't charge over 80% as it deteriorates the battery life.

Maybe months of having it charging over night has caused its life span to fall? Reviews are quoting 3 days of use with a full charge.

Apparently there is some sort of mechanism that stops the charging process once the battery becomes full, Also I had the switch on the bottom turned off when I was using it in wired mode so as soon as the PC went off for the night no charging could take place.

I think it's just a case of a mediocre battery as I've read this from people who have only had the mouse a few months.

Warchild 18-06-19 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1007582)
Apparently there is some sort of mechanism that stops the charging process once the battery becomes full, Also I had the switch on the bottom turned off when I was using it in wired mode so as soon as the PC went off for the night no charging could take place.

I think it's just a case of a mediocre battery as I've read this from people who have only had the mouse a few months.

Well you are the king of RMA, so I guess you have the process nailed to perfection now with your good friends at ASUS

Dicehunter 19-06-19 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warchild (Post 1007605)
Well you are the king of RMA, so I guess you have the process nailed to perfection now with your good friends at ASUS


I've actually only ever RMA'd 2 x items to Asus, A socket 775 motherboard about 11 years ago and their Swift monitor which saw me getting already RMA'd models that were broken, Some had actual earth dirt on them, Some came with only half the screen working, 1 of them arrived stinking of cigarette smoke and faecal matter, So at this point they probably hate me because I have zero trust in their RMA process ^_^

Eddie long 19-06-19 09:29 AM

You are just so unlucky dice , mines over a year old and battery still lasts 6_10 hours with lights on while browsing , playing light games like world of warships


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.