OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   [OC3D] Gaming (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Elite Dangerous: Beta 1 Launch night Stream and Flight wing info (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=66042)

SuB 29-07-14 08:53 AM

Elite Dangerous: Beta 1 Launch night Stream and Flight wing info

So, since the other thread is the 'news' thread, I'm starting a new one.

Who's attending as a Pilot in the Flight Wing?

There will be a Teamspeak provided by Liberated Gaming for people who wish to come join in, details will be provided around 6:00~6:30 PM (once we have space setup for ya'll). This is the group myself and SPS are part of for our Arma gaming and other stuff as well.

If you want in, you'll need to add me on steam so we can arrange in-game friend adding and get you into the group :) My profile link is in my signature, please go ahead and add me on Steam and drop me a message around 6:30pm to get invited to the Flight Wing.

For all those who want to watch, it will be live via twitch Elite Dangers Beta 1 Launch Night

Stream should go live between 6:30 and 7pm, there may be intermittent pauses due to full-screen'ness and Shadowplay pausing, but, audio/mic stuff should still come through.

This one is likely to be more chatty, and less about just flying about. We have a lot of places to visit and some things to muck around testing. As mentioned before, if you act an idiot, you'll be booted from the in-game group and the Teamspeak, it's provided as a privilege, not a right so please be polite.

Disclaimer: There will definitely be swearing on the stream, I have a potty mouth when it comes to casual gaming, as do most of the people I play games with. If that offends you, don't attend or watch. If you moan about it, don't be surprised if you just get booted. We're adults, paying, playing, adults (for the most part) and bad-language comes with the territory :P

Anyway, not that's out of the way. Who's coming!!?!

SPS 29-07-14 12:10 PM

Well I'll be there of course! :D

SuB 29-07-14 12:21 PM

great that's one. where'd everybuddy go!? Do you actually have real things to do other than posting on the forums :P

Wraith 29-07-14 12:22 PM

I'll be on the sidelines dude.

MadShadow 29-07-14 12:30 PM

Don't have the game, so Ill be watching the stream :P

Tripp 29-07-14 12:33 PM

i too will be watching the steam

SuB 29-07-14 12:38 PM

fair enough :) be good to have you along :P

MadShadow 29-07-14 12:42 PM

So the stream goes live between 6:30 and 7:00 BST?

barnsley 29-07-14 12:42 PM

I'll be joining! Albeit with a controller as my joystick is knackered :(. Is it ok if I record it from my perspective? My internet isn't really strong enough to game and stream and it'd be nice to catch anything amusing that happens to me.

SuB 29-07-14 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaddenShadow (Post 773460)
So the stream goes live between 6:30 and 7:00 BST?

All being well, and if the beta is released and downloaded and running, yes :)

I'm hoping to add some extra stuff to the stream to show how head-tracking is kinda implemented as well :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnsley (Post 773461)
I'll be joining! Albeit with a controller as my joystick is knackered :(. Is it ok if I record it from my perspective? My internet isn't really strong enough to game and stream and it'd be nice to catch anything amusing that happens to me.

Yes of course mate, you can do whatever you like.

Server shutdown is 2pm BST apparently, and rollout could take a few hours :) So hopefully, my timing *should* be perfect.