OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Post A Picture of Your Last Purchase (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=51377)

airdeano 13-04-13 08:02 PM

no pix or a night in the pokie (legal documentation will suffice), it didn't happen.. LOL

Josh Weston 13-04-13 08:10 PM

Haha, it was nothing too wild! No police were required, which is altogether surprising for a night out in Chelmsford :)

seumasbeathan 13-04-13 08:13 PM

Quality :D Hope you enjoyed the night Josh :)

airdeano 13-04-13 08:17 PM

@21 years + 4hrs I was hurling gallons on the lawn of some unsuspecting homeowner
trying to locate another gentleman's club. kinda the same happens in the dancing bars
on fresh legal drinkers.. boobs and booze!

MrKambo 13-04-13 08:29 PM

looks brilliant!!! glad you had a good night!

i still cant remember my 18th, and im gonna be 25 soon, although the pictures and stories probably tell way more then i wanna know!

FredEx 13-04-13 08:40 PM

Congratulations on your 21st. Good to see you survived the night. ;)

Where I am in the US, Michigan, the legal age was 18 when I hit 18. Turning 18 was just a formality. I lived in a resort area and my fellow dirt bikers that would come to the area in the summer had many buyers. We'd go out to the "Hole" and hill climb and play rag tag and party all day. Being of German heritage, a big guy and from a long line of heavy drinkers I had an endless capacity. It could get very expensive when going out somewhere. I don't drink anymore.

SPS 13-04-13 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredEx (Post 633204)

Where I am in the US, Michigan, the legal age was 18 when I hit 18. Turning 18 was just a formality. I lived in a resort area and my fellow dirt bikers that would come to the area in the summer had many buyers. We'd go out to the "Hole" and hill climb and play rag tag and party all day. Being of German heritage, a big guy and from a long line of heavy drinkers I had an endless capacity. It could get very expensive when going out somewhere. I don't drink anymore.

Legal age limit to buy alcohol is 18 over here in the UK, so I would hazard a guess it was his 18th :)

FredEx 13-04-13 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPS (Post 633215)
Legal age limit to buy alcohol is 18 over here in the UK, so I would hazard a guess it was his 18th :)

Young pup! :)

Josh Weston 13-04-13 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seumasbeathan (Post 633200)
Quality :D Hope you enjoyed the night Josh :)

Tah :D
From what I remember it was great, haha :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by airdeano (Post 633201)
@21 years + 4hrs I was hurling gallons on the lawn of some unsuspecting homeowner
trying to locate another gentleman's club. kinda the same happens in the dancing bars
on fresh legal drinkers.. boobs and booze!

Unfortunately i'm not that hardcore. I mean, as you can clearly see from the last picture, people are dying to take their shirts off for me - it's just a shame that it's not the type of person i'm looking for :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKambo (Post 633203)
looks brilliant!!! glad you had a good night!

i still cant remember my 18th, and im gonna be 25 soon, although the pictures and stories probably tell way more then i wanna know!

Well, there are rumours going round that I went into my best friend's sister's room and started hiding my socks under her duvet without any prior warning. I'm not completely sure how true that is, but I do shudder thinking about the awkwardness of it all, especially for her!

The best nights to remember seem to be the ones you often can't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredEx (Post 633204)

18 here too :)
I've been drinking infrequently but heavily for years but i'm still no heavyweight. Being 5"7 doesn't seem to help with that :(
On the upside, getting me drunk would be a lot cheaper than getting you drunk, so i'm taking that as a victory.
Still, it seems you had fun back then!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPS (Post 633215)

Yussir :)

OcSurfer 13-04-13 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Weston (Post 633199)
Haha, it was nothing too wild! No police were required, which is altogether surprising for a night out in Chelmsford :)

there were no police in chelmo cause we were all chasing bad people down the A13 :P

paulstung 13-04-13 10:27 PM

Looked a good night matey. My 18th I went to a works doo with my father, with about 500 women and about 20 men. My father used to be a sewing machine engineer, for the company that made all the Knickers for Marks and Sparks. It sounds a lot better than it was after the first couple of hours I spent the rest of the night asleep on the floor in the gents, next to the loo. My first legal night was also my last I haven't drunk a drop since.

Josh Weston 13-04-13 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OcSurfer (Post 633239)
there were no police in chelmo cause we were all chasing bad people down the A13 :P

Oh? What end of the Thames?

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulstung (Post 633240)
Looked a good night matey. My 18th I went to a works doo with my father, with about 500 women and about 20 men. My father used to be a sewing machine engineer, for the company that made all the Knickers for Marks and Sparks. It sounds a lot better than it was after the first couple of hours I spent the rest of the night asleep on the floor in the gents, next to the loo. My first legal night was also my last I haven't drunk a drop since.

For a story that starts out so promising I'm sorry that it ended the way it did :(
I'm not a huge fan of drinking, but I enjoy a good night out with mates.

OcSurfer 13-04-13 10:35 PM

your end fella from chelmo down the A130, i live in maldon just outside chelmo

MrKambo 13-04-13 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Weston (Post 633238)
Well, there are rumours going round that I went into my best friend's sister's room and started hiding my socks under her duvet without any prior warning. I'm not completely sure how true that is, but I do shudder thinking about the awkwardness of it all, especially for her!

2 questions....

1) is she hot? (standard)
2) did you have your socks on when you awoke this morning?

FredEx 13-04-13 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Weston (Post 633238)

18 here too :)
I've been drinking infrequently but heavily for years but i'm still no heavyweight. Being 5"7 doesn't seem to help with that :(
On the upside, getting me drunk would be a lot cheaper than getting you drunk, so i'm taking that as a victory.
Still, it seems you had fun back then!
Yussir :)

Yeah, I had a lot of fun.

At our tech school graduation party I told my lab partner what I wanted to do to his sister. The next few days I don't think I could apologize enough. He said it was okay, he couldn't remember what I said. :o

Josh Weston 13-04-13 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OcSurfer (Post 633249)
your end fella from chelmo down the A130, i live in maldon just outside chelmo

Maldon, eh? Well, I won't hold it against you ;)
I had to drive down the A130 to Chelmsford yesterday to pick my jacket up from the club - what a horrible road. I could have sworn that roadside lights were commonplace this century.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKambo (Post 633253)
2 questions....

1) is she hot? (standard)
2) did you have your socks on when you awoke this morning?

Yeah, I'd say that she is, although i'm less likely to admit it infront of my friend :lol:
And no, I didn't.
Quote:

Originally Posted by FredEx (Post 633265)
Yeah, I had a lot of fun.

At our tech school graduation party I told my lab partner what I wanted to do to his sister. The next few days I don't think I could apologize enough. He said it was okay, he couldn't remember what I said. :o

Count your lucky stars!

OcSurfer 14-04-13 12:09 AM

if your comming from the 130 im guessing, basildon/rayleigh way!

Josh Weston 14-04-13 12:25 AM

Leigh-on-Sea, joined from the A127 :)

OcSurfer 14-04-13 12:26 AM

Leigh-on-sea?!
you wont hold maldon against me?!
your practically from southend?!

SeekaX 14-04-13 12:27 AM

meh the last time i didn't remember anything after 1am was new year's eve and the hangover was so bad, i don't plan on letting that happen again.
at least i am a good drunk person, i usually just sit in my chair, don't move, don't talk and drink. :D

Genesius 14-04-13 01:01 AM

I love the nights when you have to play hangover Cluedo to try and guess what happened. Its like a crap episode of Jonathan Creek where you know you got home but have no wallet, 15 bruises, you remember a traffic cone and chasing a badger but cant remember why your wife/girlfriend/mother/neighbour wont talk to you.

I've got to admit its been a very long time since I got that drunk.

Essex boys, I used to be the manager of the Moon & Stars in Romford, before that (if your a bit older) I was at Lloyds No1 in Hornchurch. Then I worked at Varsity Southend for a bit before heading into London to run wine bars! So I've drunk/drink a lot and it takes a bit to get me unconscious. I like to think of it as preserving myself, like pickling from the inside out! lol.

seumasbeathan 14-04-13 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OcSurfer (Post 633301)
Leigh-on-sea?!

Someone mention Southend? Woo Southend ftw :D

Josh Weston 14-04-13 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OcSurfer (Post 633301)
Leigh-on-sea?!

BUT NOT!!
Massive distinction between the two :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekaX (Post 633302)
meh the last time i didn't remember anything after 1am was new year's eve and the hangover was so bad, i don't plan on letting that happen again.
at least i am a good drunk person, i usually just sit in my chair, don't move, don't talk and drink. :D

Hangovers never used to be a real problem but they're steadily getting worse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by seumasbeathan (Post 633317)
Someone mention Southend? Woo Southend ftw :D

Haha, not many people I know would say that joyously. Especially those from Southend...

SeekaX 14-04-13 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Weston (Post 633326)

i handle alcohol pretty well usually, it takes a lot to get me really drunk.
but that hangover was awful, i spent the entire 1/1/2013 puking and 1/2/2013 was still pretty awful.
lesson learned, that will not happen again.

alienware 14-04-13 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekaX (Post 633402)
lesson learned, that will not happen again.

haha one of the most repeated phrases in the human language :lol:

SeekaX 14-04-13 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlienALX (Post 633413)
haha one of the most repeated phrases in the human language :lol:

well all i drunk since new year's eve was a couple of beers and i don't really have a drinking history, so i hope i will manage :D
/edit
also 1/1/2013 was probably the most anticipated day of my father's life, he had such a laugh :D probably because i told him that i wouldn't do like that.

MrKambo 14-04-13 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Weston (Post 633326)
BUT NOT!!
Massive distinction between the two :lol:

Haha, not many people I know would say that joyously. Especially those from Southend...

omg you lot are that close to me!!!

OC3D Drunken MEGA FTW SUPEROVERCLOCKED night out :p

Do people still go southend, i used to go every Saturday then they changed the strip and it got boring

Also.....

Its been an expensive few days :(

MrShinyPig 18-04-13 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dipzy (Post 619889)

Damn there some nice bed sheets, howmuch were they?

tinytomlogan 19-04-13 05:58 PM

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps9f7a0741.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps1424f916.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps337aee99.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps41d37d86.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...psceb0fe89.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps0381e86a.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps886115c7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVMY23Kh6IE

UkGouki 19-04-13 06:16 PM

oh nice white vaio....:drool:

Feronix 19-04-13 06:24 PM

Just saw it on Facebook. That's well sexy ;)

alienware 19-04-13 06:31 PM

Nice laptop.

SeekaX 19-04-13 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinytomlogan (Post 634820)

win8, kill it!

dalewakelin 19-04-13 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekaX (Post 634853)
win8, kill it!

Ssshhhh, win 8.1 is coming soon... :p

SeekaX 19-04-13 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalewakelin (Post 634855)

screw that, as long as that metro interface exists i won't use it. i hate that tablet bull

dalewakelin 19-04-13 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekaX (Post 634856)
screw that, as long as that metro interface exists i won't use it. i hate that tablet bull

I know, all they needed to give an option to disable the tiles and it would be the difference between it being good and bad, I am currently using it and i love it apart from the tiles nonsense which i only use to click on desktop when my pc starts :)

SieB 19-04-13 08:31 PM

But Windows 8 is great :ph34r:

No need for start 8 once you know how to use Windows 8.

pcjunkie429 19-04-13 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalewakelin (Post 634855)

Here's hoping they make it look like Windows 7....

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekaX (Post 634856)

AMEN!! If I wanted/needed a touchscreen-compatible interface, I'd get a dang tablet. Wtf were Microsoft thinking? :headscratch:

SeekaX 19-04-13 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcjunkie429 (Post 634860)

AMEN!! If I wanted/needed a touchscreen-compatible interface, I'd get a dang tablet. Wtf were Microsoft thinking? :headscratch:

because they want some of that casual user money. and there is loads of them. never understood why people would want that super simple design for babies, userfriendliness is okay to some point, but metro has gone too far. i am not retarded, i don't need to point on everything like an infant.

dalewakelin 19-04-13 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcjunkie429 (Post 634860)

I like the modern look of windows 8 better than windows 7, windows 7 looks a bit dated, just my opinion. An option to disable tiles and add a start button would be good, however i have just got used to no start button and i no longer miss it. :p