OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   OC3D News (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   EVGA announce their new B3 line of affordable PSU (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=79249)

WYP 11-01-17 08:44 AM

EVGA announce their new B3 line of affordable PSU
 
EVGA has announced their new B3 line of affordable PSU, offering 80+ Bronze efficiency and range from prices of $40-85 for 450W-850W models.

https://www.overclock3d.net/gfx/arti...033104143l.jpg

Read more on EVGA's B3 line of affordable PSUs.

Doomslayer 11-01-17 09:19 AM

Best looking PSU's on the market.

Greenback 11-01-17 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Old School (Post 932762)
Best looking PSU's on the market.

Well something you like there's a surprise, oh wait it's EVGA :D

I think the bright orange on the sticker ruins it tbh

Doomslayer 11-01-17 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenback (Post 932779)
Well something you like there's a surprise, oh wait it's EVGA :D

I think the bright orange on the sticker ruins it tbh

Yep i love nearly all of the EVGA products expect for one, Well now i have been told i'm a fanboy :lol:

OFF TOPIC

EVGA show off their new Z270 motherboard and same again EVGA make the best looking motherboards on the market and no RGB LED....YES finally a company who listens to their fan base and not giving in to the RGB hype not like other companies.

Warchild 11-01-17 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenback (Post 932779)
Well something you like there's a surprise, oh wait it's EVGA :D

I think the bright orange on the sticker ruins it tbh

Haha yeah that sticker is a bit "in your face". I forgot I don't see posts from King of Old school. Was wondering when he was going to post and say how good this was. Never mind its a budget PSU. I wonder why we still have bronze efficiency ratings in this day and age.

Doomslayer 11-01-17 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warchild (Post 932783)
Haha yeah that sticker is a bit "in your face". I forgot I don't see posts from King of Old school. Was wondering when he was going to post and say how good this was. Never mind its a budget PSU. I wonder why we still have bronze efficiency ratings in this day and age.

Well then if you have me on the ignore list well that's where your going as well.

Greenback 11-01-17 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Old School (Post 932781)
Yep i love nearly all of the EVGA products expect for one, Well now i have been told i'm a fanboy :lol:

Well I have my love for Asus and unless something drastic happens that's not going to change

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Old School (Post 932781)
OFF TOPIC

EVGA show off their new Z270 motherboard and same again EVGA make the best looking motherboards on the market and no RGB LED....YES finally a company who listens to their fan base and not giving in to the RGB hype not like other companies.

The Stinger is Meh, can't say i like the red FTW on the FTW board and the pipe on the classified I don't like but we all have different tastes and that's not a bad thing

AlienALX 11-01-17 10:17 AM

Asus have the best bioses which to me means best boards. Some of their design choices are a bit iffy but they usually get it right :)

Warchild 11-01-17 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlienALX (Post 932788)
Asus have the best bioses which to me means best boards. Some of their design choices are a bit iffy but they usually get it right :)

What's going on... I find myself agreeing with you way too much these days haha.

Yep I think the best selling feature for me is a good highly optimised and customisable BIOS. What good is a board that looks good, and overclocks with a mediocre amount when you can't tweak the living hell out of it.

It could be simply that i am just used to the ASUS Bios now. Since each new chipset, the revisions are similar. Allows me to just jump right in and have fun. I tried Gigabyte and also MSi but they felt a little too clunky for me. This was on Z77 though so that's quite some time ago.

g0ggles1994 11-01-17 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenback (Post 932779)
Well something you like there's a surprise, oh wait it's EVGA :D

I think the bright orange on the sticker ruins it tbh

Agreed, but at least most cases now have PSU shrouds hiding them completely. Which thank god because my RM850s yellow sticker would stand out from all the blue in my system

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warchild (Post 932792)
Yep I think the best selling feature for me is a good highly optimised and customisable BIOS. What good is a board that looks good, and overclocks with a mediocre amount when you can't tweak the living hell out of it.

It could be simply that i am just used to the ASUS Bios now. Since each new chipset, the revisions are similar. Allows me to just jump right in and have fun. I tried Gigabyte and also MSi but they felt a little too clunky for me. This was on Z77 though so that's quite some time ago.

Decent BIOS should be the top of a lot of PC builder's requirements, especially if you want to foray into OC territory. I absolutely loathe the BIOS in my MSI board, I tend to just sort it and forget about. It feels like it was an afterthought with how it's designed and such. But that's probably because I've been using Asus boards for years as well


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.