OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Post A Picture of Your Last Purchase (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=51377)

Warchild 08-07-21 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalabur50 (Post 1034631)
No S21 Ultra, it didn't happen with my S10 previously and interestingly whilst it uses more than the S10 it didn't misbehave last night it still showed 70% this morning.

Id return it. My S21 prototype didnt burn through the battery that much and that one is very unoptimised.

Alternatively, you could try one complete factory set and wipe everything, just to ensure its not some virus. (there is a massive amount of UK phones currently infected with flubots sending SMS to all destinations abroad without the users awareness)

Excalabur50 08-07-21 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warchild (Post 1034633)
Id return it. My S21 prototype didnt burn through the battery that much and that one is very unoptimised.

Alternatively, you could try one complete factory set and wipe everything, just to ensure its not some virus. (there is a massive amount of UK phones currently infected with flubots sending SMS to all destinations abroad without the users awareness)

Just in case I ran a full scan with Kaspersky and Malwarebytes and the phones showing clear but if it mucks up again I won't stuff around I'll send it back to Samsung.

Damien c 08-07-21 09:53 AM

I have noticed the battery does not seem great on these phones.

I charged mine to 100% yesterday and whilst I don't use it a great deal, mainly music in the car and watching YouTube whilst occupied in a certain room, the battery is currently at 66%.

I reckon it will be down to 40% by around 6pm today.

Excalabur50 08-07-21 09:07 PM

Well interestingly enough it was saying it was learning and optimizing and I went to bed on 82% and woke up this morning on 78%, it's slowly getting better not worse, so I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens.

NeverBackDown 08-07-21 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalabur50 (Post 1034646)
Well interestingly enough it was saying it was learning and optimizing and I went to bed on 82% and woke up this morning on 78%, it's slowly getting better not worse, so I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens.

Do you have adaptive battery on? That is supposed to make it "smart" in that it gives full power when using it heavily but once it's not being used it essentially goes into a sleep mode and stops apps that aren't being used often from running to further help battery life.

Idk if Samsung has this. Stock Android (pixels) do. Battery optimization should also be turned on, unless you want a specific app to be running all the time(optimization is per app and overrides adaptive battery)

Excalabur50 09-07-21 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverBackDown (Post 1034647)
Do you have adaptive battery on? That is supposed to make it "smart" in that it gives full power when using it heavily but once it's not being used it essentially goes into a sleep mode and stops apps that aren't being used often from running to further help battery life.

Idk if Samsung has this. Stock Android (pixels) do. Battery optimization should also be turned on, unless you want a specific app to be running all the time(optimization is per app and overrides adaptive battery)

Thanks NBD I've checked and it is set to adaptive battery turned on and the battery seems to be getting better slowly but surely

AlienALX 09-07-21 06:01 PM

It's the refresh rate. I had mine on full and my battery life tanked. I lowered it to 120 and it's better, but my phone goes through the battery fast and it's huge in MAH terms.

I've not gamed on it much. I just like fast phones with high refresh.

Dicehunter 10-07-21 05:26 PM

Got tired of all the "gaming" crap from Corsair, Roccat, Razer etc... so decided to splurge, Reserved my GMMK Pro mechanical keyboard for the next batch, I chose -

-Brass plate
-Lubed Glorious Panda switches
-Black slate GPBT keycaps
-Aviator coiled USB-C cable.

https://i.imgur.com/ZTbPKOn.png

Dawelio 10-07-21 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1034677)
Got tired of all the "gaming" crap from Corsair, Roccat, Razer etc... so decided to splurge, Reserved my GMMK Pro mechanical keyboard for the next batch, I chose -

-Brass plate
-Lubed Glorious Panda switches
-Black slate GPBT keycaps
-Aviator coiled USB-C cable.

https://i.imgur.com/ZTbPKOn.png

Never understood the point of those cables, looks like an old telephone cable that uses an quick-disconnect fitting from an watercooling loop lol. Absolutely horrible looking, not minimlastic nor clean at all, which is what those small keyboards are designed with in mind, in my opinion.

Dicehunter 10-07-21 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawelio (Post 1034679)
Never understood the point of those cables, looks like an old telephone cable that uses an quick-disconnect fitting from an watercooling loop lol. Absolutely horrible looking, not minimlastic nor clean at all, which is what those small keyboards are designed with in mind, in my opinion.


Well it's not really a small keyboard, It's tenkeyless, 60% would be small ^_^


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.