OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   Graphics Cards (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Decided to flash my 780 GTX w/ACX (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=58733)

QuietOne 08-12-13 04:17 PM

Decided to flash my 780 GTX w/ACX
 
Well imho it wasn't really worth it, my OC before the flash my core was 1224Mhz and RAM was 7002Mhz at 1187mV.

After the flash I could get 1267Mhz core and 7200Mhz RAM at 1200mV and started artifacting above +130Mhz offset. Valley score was 3055 on the flashed Bios with OC which is slightly more than around high 2800 and low 2900 on stock Bios with OC.

If it's under water then it may be worth it but going from 72 degrees max to 80 on air just isn't worth it for me and I really value my GPU and it's lifespan. So it's now back to my backed up stock Bios.

Dicehunter 08-12-13 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietOne (Post 708480)
Well imho it wasn't really worth it, my OC before the flash my core was 1224Mhz and RAM was 7002Mhz at 1187mV.

After the flash I could get 1267Mhz core and 7200Mhz RAM at 1200mV and started artifacting above +130Mhz offset. Valley score was 3055 on the flashed Bios with OC which is slightly more than around high 2800 and low 2900 on stock Bios with OC.

If it's under water then it may be worth it but going from 72 degrees max to 80 on air just isn't worth it for me and I really value my GPU and it's lifespan. So it's now back to my backed up stock Bios.

Which bios did you use ? SVL7 or Skyn3ts ?

tinytomlogan 08-12-13 04:57 PM

That is a pointless change mate - better off manually overclocking and then editing the bios if you dont want afterburner or something like that running

The bios change wont magically help you get more out of your card either - silicone lottery

QuietOne 08-12-13 05:24 PM

Dicehunter, I used Skyn3ts ACX custom Bios.

TTL, I've learnt my lesson now, it was mainly out of curiosity and an expensive one if something went wrong, luckily everything seems normal again. I'll stick with 1224Mhz core and 7002Mhz memory. runs everything flawlessly at 1080p so I am waiting for 1440p monitor so my GPU can sweat a bit.

Dicehunter 08-12-13 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietOne (Post 708498)
Dicehunter, I used Skyn3ts ACX custom Bios.

TTL, I've learnt my lesson now, it was mainly out of curiosity and an expensive one if something went wrong, luckily everything seems normal again. I'll stick with 1224Mhz core and 7002Mhz memory. runs everything flawlessly at 1080p so I am waiting for 1440p monitor so my GPU can sweat a bit.

The bios mod for the 780 and 780 Ti didn't help me in any way shape or form, For the GTX 680 it helped a lot, I was able to get 1300/3500 gaming and bench stable but only 1200/3200 before the flash.
With the GTX 780 and GTX 780 Ti my overclocks were less for some odd reason, On my EVGA GTX 780 Ti Superclock I have 1250/3800 24/7 game and bench stable but with the bios mod from both SVL7 and Skyn3t I was only able to get 1200/3600.
So to me this means the people who come out with these bios mods either don't really fully know what they are doing OR it is completely random which card the bios will be best on.

QuietOne 08-12-13 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 708538)
The bios mod for the 780 and 780 Ti didn't help me in any way shape or form, For the GTX 680 it helped a lot, I was able to get 1300/3500 gaming and bench stable but only 1200/3200 before the flash.
With the GTX 780 and GTX 780 Ti my overclocks were less for some odd reason, On my EVGA GTX 780 Ti Superclock I have 1250/3800 24/7 game and bench stable but with the bios mod from both SVL7 and Skyn3t I was only able to get 1200/3600.
So to me this means the people who come out with these bios mods either don't really fully know what they are doing OR it is completely random which card the bios will be best on.

I see people supposedly getting 1300+ with titans but running at 1.3v. I was wary of running at 1.21v so I knocked it down to 1.2v but still felt uncomfortable.

I think I will leave it at 1224/3500 which is +100Mhz core and +500Mhz Mem running at 1.18v and below 80 degrees.

tinytomlogan 08-12-13 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietOne (Post 708546)
I see people supposedly getting 1300+ with titans but running at 1.3v. I was wary of running at 1.21v so I knocked it down to 1.2v but still felt uncomfortable.

I think I will leave it at 1224/3500 which is +100Mhz core and +500Mhz Mem running at 1.18v and below 80 degrees.

The 780 Ti I have does 1300 with the boost and no extra volts

You have to remember silicone lottery though, it stands for GPU's more so than CPU's

Dicehunter 08-12-13 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinytomlogan (Post 708555)
The 780 Ti I have does 1300 with the boost and no extra volts

You have to remember silicone lottery though, it stands for GPU's more so than CPU's

You won the silicon lottery with your 780 Ti because the manufacturer probably cherry picked it and if it's not cherry picked, Then your one lucky bugger ^_^

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietOne (Post 708546)
I see people supposedly getting 1300+ with titans but running at 1.3v. I was wary of running at 1.21v so I knocked it down to 1.2v but still felt uncomfortable.

I think I will leave it at 1224/3500 which is +100Mhz core and +500Mhz Mem running at 1.18v and below 80 degrees.

Anything above what you have now is only really useful if your into benchmarking other than that I highly doubt you would notice the difference without running Fraps, Precision X or Afterburner.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.