OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Post A Picture of Your Last Purchase (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=51377)

Dawelio 11-09-15 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnsley (Post 867424)
nope just going to use my current Acer (basic LED, 1080p etc) as a secondary screen while I use the Asus as my main screen. I've gotten so used to two or more screens because of my work I always catch myself trying to drag things to a screen that doesn't exist.

Haha exactly what I do! :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPS (Post 867432)
Report back and let us know. It's always handy to have a list of decent monitor stands that actually bloody work.

And please do, it'd be very useful to many people I think! :)

SPS 11-09-15 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warchild (Post 867441)
Care to explain why this one is a gamble? I was thinking of getting one, but I am skeptical on the clamp. Is this your reasoning?

I'm not saying that particular model will have trouble. Also I've never used a desk clamp stand so interested in that, as you say.

In my experience of buying monitor stands I have had the following troubles:
  • Stand wobbling due to uneven base. One stand I had would actually rotate on the desk, due to the fact that only a small section of the base made proper contact with the surface.
  • Tilt hinges would give way to the weight of the monitor resulting in it sitting at it's maximum tilt angle.
  • Balancing was very problematic, even with identical screens.
  • Hinges to make the arms move would sag over time causing the screens to droop to one side.
  • Very difficult to assemble/disassemble alone (was a problem at the time as I was moving house a lot due to uni, not much of an issue now though).

One day I'd like to upgrade to triple monitor stand that doesn't encounter these issues.

barnsley 11-09-15 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPS (Post 867462)
One day I'd like to upgrade to triple monitor stand that doesn't encounter these issues.

XFX's monitor stand (if you can still get it) is the best triple stand you can get in my experience. Well worth the small country's-worth you have to pay for it.

SPS 11-09-15 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnsley (Post 867464)
XFX's monitor stand (if you can still get it) is the best triple stand you can get in my experience. Well worth the small country's-worth you have to pay for it.

I have consider it on a few occasions but haven't met anyone who's used it yet.
You've had personal experience with it?

barnsley 12-09-15 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPS (Post 867479)
I have consider it on a few occasions but haven't met anyone who's used it yet.
You've had personal experience with it?

I know someone with it. I'll check with him but when I last went round his it seemed very, very good.


Also my monitor and the mount arrived. I'm an idiot and didn't notice my old monitor has no VESA mount. I guess I should sell it and get a 1080p screen with a VESA bit this time. The Asus is great and the mount itself is quite good. Its well built and it doesn't wobble much (I think my desk is to blame for the wobbling).

Now its time to sit and watch to workout what my next GPU should be :D.

MrKambo 12-09-15 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnsley (Post 867674)
I know someone with it. I'll check with him but when I last went round his it seemed very, very good.


Also my monitor and the mount arrived. I'm an idiot and didn't notice my old monitor has no VESA mount. I guess I should sell it and get a 1080p screen with a VESA bit this time. The Asus is great and the mount itself is quite good. Its well built and it doesn't wobble much (I think my desk is to blame for the wobbling).

Now its time to sit and watch to workout what my next GPU should be :D.

2 of these

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pimg/...112644_800.jpg

CreatiXx 12-09-15 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKambo (Post 867679)

i did :3

MrKambo 12-09-15 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreatiXx (Post 867720)
i did :3

How do you find them?

CreatiXx 12-09-15 04:34 PM

well.. they i arrived yesterday but i get home tomorrow.. xd though it are the non - x they dont differ that much and i assume with a little OC they will be pretty equal,
ill give a heads up once home :)

MrKambo 12-09-15 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreatiXx (Post 867722)
well.. they i arrived yesterday but i get home tomorrow.. xd though it are the non - x they dont differ that much and i assume with a little OC they will be pretty equal,
ill give a heads up once home :)

good man :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.