OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Post A Picture of Your Last Purchase (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=51377)

FTR.4500MHz 25-11-13 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snortan (Post 704585)
Wasn't Ikea by any chance? :D
Reminds me of IKEA domestic incident.

No not from Ikea. I am more the calm sort of guy. Rarely angry but when i am, i am like level 9000. But i learned from the past and dont go full retard anymore. Also a very grateful feeling fixing stuff by yourself. ;)

barnsley 25-11-13 05:28 PM

Got me a tasty 280x. Due to me being out of house most of the time due to work I have to wait until sat for it to be delivered. I went with it because its quieter than other 280xes.
http://dgxtech.com/images/news/2013-...tcu-ii-top.jpg

Mark3Max 25-11-13 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SieB (Post 704535)
Nothing to exciting, just bought three of these Oamps to upgrade from the stock ones on my STX.


I haven't done any searching on these SieB, but where did you find them?
Can you purchase them from Asus or did you have to get them off Ebay?

SieB 25-11-13 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark3Max (Post 704588)
I haven't done any searching on these SieB, but where did you find them?
Can you purchase them from Asus or did you have to get them off Ebay?

I got them from Ebay, i'm in the UK though so i'm not sure if you can get them from the US on there. No doubt you can though, they don't seem to be to hard to find anyway.

There are some links in this thread for the US though. It also has details on these opamps, others and the differences between them.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/421890/the-...essions-thread

Mark3Max 26-11-13 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SieB (Post 704598)
I got them from Ebay, i'm in the UK though so i'm not sure if you can get them from the US on there. No doubt you can though, they don't seem to be to hard to find anyway.

There are some links in this thread for the US though. It also has details on these opamps, others and the differences between them.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/421890/the-...essions-thread

Thanks for responding back SieB , and thanks for the link , interesting read.
I might go for 2 of the 49720 in IV and the stock JRC2114D in the buffer.
Let me know what you think about your setup when you get them.

Cru 26-11-13 12:16 PM

just got this

http://i.imgur.com/40P3dY9.jpg

SieB 26-11-13 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark3Max (Post 704754)
Thanks for responding back SieB , and thanks for the link , interesting read.
I might go for 2 of the 49720 in IV and the stock JRC2114D in the buffer.
Let me know what you think about your setup when you get them.

I should be getting mine around Thursday or Friday, i'll let you know what they are like though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cru3L139 (Post 704780)
just got this

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive :(

I got a code for a free QCK mousepad from them though. The mousepad came today, but my Rival has not come yet.

SieB 27-11-13 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark3Max (Post 704754)
Thanks for responding back SieB , and thanks for the link , interesting read.
I might go for 2 of the 49720 in IV and the stock JRC2114D in the buffer.
Let me know what you think about your setup when you get them.

Got those OPAMPS today :)

They are definitely better than the stock ones in my opinion, although it's going to come down to what speakers/headphones you have as well.

These are bassier than the stock ones, there is more boom to the bass now.
Mids and tops sound a lot clearer and crisp and the sound stage is definitely wider.
You can hear more detail with these and the positional sound seems to be better as well.

All in all, definitely worth the 11 I paid :D

Mark3Max 27-11-13 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SieB (Post 705455)
Got those OPAMPS today :)

They are definitely better than the stock ones in my opinion, although it's going to come down to what speakers/headphones you have as well.

These are bassier than the stock ones, there is more boom to the bass now.
Mids and tops sound a lot clearer and crisp and the sound stage is definitely wider.
You can hear more detail with these and the positional sound seems to be better as well.

All in all, definitely worth the 11 I paid :D

Did you put all 3 x 49720 chips in?
What speakers and headphones do you have ?
I have a klipsch 2.1 speaker setup and Sennheiser HD 650 headphones.

SieB 27-11-13 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark3Max (Post 705507)
Did you put all 3 x 49720 chips in?
What speakers and headphones do you have ?
I have a klipsch 2.1 speaker setup and Sennheiser HD 650 headphones.

I put all three in, I don't have any headphones at the moment but I should be getting some AKG 702s pretty soon.

At the moment my speaker set up is this

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/d...&scy=nl&slg=en

Pretty good for what it is, i'll be upgrading to some better speakers and a much better receiver next year though.

The sound quality from the STX has made these speakers so much better though, and these new OPAMPS make them sound even more better.

You might as well try these OPAMPS out, they are pretty cheap and easy to install. Even if you don't prefer them to the stock ones you haven't wasted much money.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.