OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   OC3D Reviews & Videos (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Resident Evil Village PC Port Report and Performance Review (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=96762)

WYP 05-05-21 03:02 PM

Resident Evil Village PC Port Report and Performance Review
 
Resident Evil Village brings a lot of new tech to the table, including VRS and Ray Tracing. Let's have a look.

https://overclock3d.net/gfx/articles...115156241l.jpg

Read more about Resident Evil Village's PC Performance.

Dicehunter 05-05-21 05:03 PM

Great review WYP, Good to see the 2080 Ti at roughly 3070 performance, Makes me less sad about not being able to upgrade ^_^

WYP 05-05-21 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1033287)
Great review WYP, Good to see the 2080 Ti at roughly 3070 performance, Makes me less sad about not being able to upgrade ^_^

Thanks Dice. I think a lot of people will be glad that this game doesn't need an upgrade to run well.

Warchild 06-05-21 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1033287)
Great review WYP, Good to see the 2080 Ti at roughly 3070 performance, Makes me less sad about not being able to upgrade ^_^

We know you will upgrade soon in some way :D

Dicehunter 06-05-21 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warchild (Post 1033301)
We know you will upgrade soon in some way :D


Don't really have much choice to upgrade and no way in hell am I paying 50% over MSRP, I wanted to get either a 3080 or 6800XT but the cheapest I've seen them going for is 1000, That is a massive NO from me.

Dicehunter 07-05-21 05:43 AM

Sorry for the double post but just curious, Which area of the game are you repeatedly going over for the benchmarking process ?

WYP 07-05-21 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1033312)
Sorry for the double post but just curious, Which area of the game are you repeatedly going over for the benchmarking process ?

I have a little footage of that area. I will get it on YouTube today (my channel) and add it to the article.

Dicehunter 07-05-21 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WYP (Post 1033316)
I have a little footage of that area. I will get it on YouTube today (my channel) and add it to the article.

Awesome sauce !

Also you may want to update the part about why you chose Ryzen and how it's the only platform that has PCI-E 4 "Intel's current offerings do not offer PCIe 4.0 support" what with 11th gen Intel being out and all which does support PCI-E 4, Also about Zen 3 being Ryzen 4000, I only mention it as I can see people unfairly dismissing the article based on that, You know what people on the net are like.

WYP 07-05-21 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1033318)
Awesome sauce !

Also you may want to update the part about why you chose Ryzen and how it's the only platform that has PCI-E 4 "Intel's current offerings do not offer PCIe 4.0 support" what with 11th gen Intel being out and all which does support PCI-E 4, Also about Zen 3 being Ryzen 4000, I only mention it as I can see people unfairly dismissing the article based on that, You know what people on the net are like.

I have edited that now. Good spot.

Dicehunter 07-05-21 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WYP (Post 1033321)
I have edited that now. Good spot.


Still need to edit the "we also know that we can upgrade to Zen 3/Ryzen 4000 should we ever need to." part ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.