OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Post A Picture of Your Last Purchase (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=51377)

Warchild 10-07-20 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalabur50 (Post 1022857)
Nah mate don't buy it you're being ripped off on the price we Aussies pay through the nose and that monitor is $3900 here you're paying $4552 for it converted so I'd shop around!

Norway doesnt have that flexibility others do. We get a much more limited selection, and often products come to market far later, sometimes months, or maybe not at all :(

If I convert it to GBP it comes to about 2500 which as far as norway goes isnt bad comparing to the 2350 price in the UK.

Excalabur50 10-07-20 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warchild (Post 1022859)
Norway doesnt have that flexibility others do. We get a much more limited selection, and often products come to market far later, sometimes months, or maybe not at all :(

So you don't have another retailer over there with better pricing or are you able to import for better pricing from elsewhere in the EU perhaps?

Warchild 10-07-20 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalabur50 (Post 1022860)
So you don't have another retailer over there with better pricing or are you able to import for better pricing from elsewhere in the EU perhaps?

very few retailers. That price was the cheapest, and only retailer that has it available. And importing adds 36% extra onto total cost including shipping. So you Aussies aren't the only ones suffering.

I had to order my Valve index, pay in euros. Have it sent to Sweden, then sent to norway with higher cost shipping because norway is not EU, even though we are border countries, and then pay 36% tax on top of everything.

Imagine that, shipping from Sweden to Poland it costs 200kr. Shipping to a border country you can literally drive to in 30mins.... 600kr.

I would pick it up personally but since Sweden messed up totally on handling the corona virus, the country is on lockdown, or rather I dont want to go through quarantine when I get back.

AlienALX 10-07-20 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warchild (Post 1022859)

If I convert it to GBP it comes to about 2500 which as far as norway goes isnt bad comparing to the 2350 price in the UK.

Get it. If you can afford it and it will make you smile just go with it brah.

I hate people that deny themselves. My aunt is a millionaire, but is as mean as dishwater. She still won't buy a Amazon tablet or even an old Kindle so she can read all my ma's books. Why?. She sits in a barely furnished house with absolutely nothing to do and a crap load of cash in the bank.

I would hate to have that illness tbh. Like, base my entire life over what I have in the bank.

trawetSluaP 10-07-20 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlienALX (Post 1022868)
Get it. If you can afford it and it will make you smile just go with it brah.

I hate people that deny themselves. My aunt is a millionaire, but is as mean as dishwater. She still won't buy a Amazon tablet or even an old Kindle so she can read all my ma's books. Why?. She sits in a barely furnished house with absolutely nothing to do and a crap load of cash in the bank.

I would hate to have that illness tbh. Like, base my entire life over what I have in the bank.

I say skip it cos it's an old panel and VA tech has come on leaps and bounds with new panels coming out shortly. I'm personally waiting for them too as had to send the G7 back.

Warchild 10-07-20 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trawetSluaP (Post 1022869)
I say skip it cos it's an old panel and VA tech has come on leaps and bounds with new panels coming out shortly. I'm personally waiting for them too as had to send the G7 back.

Only new panels from Asus this year are 360hz screens. 2020 is all bout the refresh. Dont think Acer had much to change the market direction this year either.

trawetSluaP 10-07-20 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warchild (Post 1022871)
Only new panels from Asus this year are 360hz screens. 2020 is all bout the refresh. Dont think Acer had much to change the market direction this year either.

I mean the panel manufacturer's themselves are releasing new panels, Samsung, AUO etc.

Don't restrict yourself to ASUS/ACER.

NeverBackDown 10-07-20 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warchild (Post 1022871)

End of this year we will be getting a ton of new monitors. I'd say just wait. Samsung are close to releasing their G9 series too which similar to what your looking at but probably better as the panel is brand new and not 4 years old.

It's a want not a need as you said.

trawetSluaP 10-07-20 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverBackDown (Post 1022873)
End of this year we will be getting a ton of new monitors. I'd say just wait. Samsung are close to releasing their G9 series too which similar to what your looking at but probably better as the panel is brand new and not 4 years old.

It's a want not a need as you said.

G7 and G9 are already out, stock is just sparse.

looz 10-07-20 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warchild (Post 1022850)
Someone talk me out of buying this... Its in my basket ready to purchase, but that price is nuts :S

Its the most stupid case of want over need I have ever experienced...

Easy, buy Odyssey G9 instead. :D