OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Post A Picture of Your Last Purchase (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=51377)

Dicehunter 07-08-20 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 (Post 1023993)
Been considering the D15 as my H100i has started developing a weird issue with heating up since I cleaned the machine out and summer's set in. Sodding thing blows the fans at max when the coolant reaches 40C and keeps going down and up like a chav revving their Corsa

Hahahahahahahahahaha :yelrotflmao:

I personally prefer huge beefy air coolers, Great performance on par with many top AIO's and the only thing that can go wrong is an easily replaceable fan :)

g0ggles1994 08-08-20 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1024020)
Hahahahahahahahahaha :yelrotflmao:

I personally prefer huge beefy air coolers, Great performance on par with many top AIO's and the only thing that can go wrong is an easily replaceable fan :)

I wish I was joking, hahaha. I think it's a bug with Link but I refuse to go to iCue because I tried it and it was a steaming pile of... yeah. :D

I won't deny, now I've had AIOs, I can safely say I'm not going to get another one. Other than looking nice, they don't offer much better performance than a decent air cooler; so if this one does go bang, I'll be getting a D15 Chromax like yours. My next rig will need liquid cooling due to space constraints but I'll be building my own loop then.

Dicehunter 08-08-20 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 (Post 1024032)
I wish I was joking, hahaha. I think it's a bug with Link but I refuse to go to iCue because I tried it and it was a steaming pile of... yeah. :D

I won't deny, now I've had AIOs, I can safely say I'm not going to get another one. Other than looking nice, they don't offer much better performance than a decent air cooler; so if this one does go bang, I'll be getting a D15 Chromax like yours. My next rig will need liquid cooling due to space constraints but I'll be building my own loop then.


Greg Salazar on YouTube, College graduate, Basically a scientist, Did a good video explaining that most AIO's once heat soak sets in can actually be worse than beefy air coolers like the NH-D15, If I ever move on from air cooling it will be a proper WC setup, AIO's just aren't worth it.

Warchild 08-08-20 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1024033)
Greg Salazar on YouTube, College graduate, Basically a scientist, Did a good video explaining that most AIO's once heat soak sets in can actually be worse than beefy air coolers like the NH-D15, If I ever move on from air cooling it will be a proper WC setup, AIO's just aren't worth it.

Same with custom cooling setups where your front intake serves as your radiator placement too.

Once things have normalised in the water, your fresh incoming air effectively goes through a hot radiator thus warming your airflow resulting in higher temps over all. Its why printed the clamps to move my rads from the front to the top.

AlienALX 08-08-20 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1024033)
Greg Salazar on YouTube, College graduate, Basically a scientist, Did a good video explaining that most AIO's once heat soak sets in can actually be worse than beefy air coolers like the NH-D15, If I ever move on from air cooling it will be a proper WC setup, AIO's just aren't worth it.

You mean the passive aggressive little twerp who always slags people off because he doesn't like capitalism, yet is a total ho himself?

I unsubbed. I liked him at first but his know all passive aggression got on my nerves.

His content is severely lacking too. Maybe that is why he spends so much time on Craigslist looking for people to slag off.

Lian Li sent him one of those 2000+ desks and he was going to put an I3 in it :eek:

That was about enough for me.

Dark NighT 08-08-20 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlienALX (Post 1024042)
You mean the passive aggressive little twerp who always slags people off because he doesn't like capitalism, yet is a total ho himself?

I unsubbed. I liked him at first but his know all passive aggression got on my nerves.

His content is severely lacking too. Maybe that is why he spends so much time on Craigslist looking for people to slag off.

Lian Li sent him one of those 2000+ desks and he was going to put an I3 in it :eek:

That was about enough for me.


Watched maybe a few video's of him to see what he was about and yeah he's not very entertaining, original or really engaging to watch, it's all about him that one and it puts me off big time.

Dicehunter 08-08-20 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warchild (Post 1024040)
Same with custom cooling setups where your front intake serves as your radiator placement too.

Once things have normalised in the water, your fresh incoming air effectively goes through a hot radiator thus warming your airflow resulting in higher temps over all. Its why printed the clamps to move my rads from the front to the top.


Friend of mine in Germany has his rig watercooled but he has all the pipes going out of his rig and into his fairly large utility closet that is well ventilated that contains a few pumps and 480 rads, He gets crazy low temps on his loop.


Quote:

Originally Posted by AlienALX (Post 1024042)
You mean the passive aggressive little twerp who always slags people off because he doesn't like capitalism, yet is a total ho himself?

I unsubbed. I liked him at first but his know all passive aggression got on my nerves.

His content is severely lacking too. Maybe that is why he spends so much time on Craigslist looking for people to slag off.

Lian Li sent him one of those 2000+ desks and he was going to put an I3 in it :eek:

That was about enough for me.


I only watched that 1 video, I couldn't stop staring at his teeth, They reminded me of the Mask :D


https://www.wsfm.com.au/wp-content/u...816&quality=75

AlienALX 08-08-20 05:20 PM

Schmooookin ! lol.

Kei 11-08-20 06:56 PM

Matched quartet of Electro-Harmonix 6CA7 valves for my amp.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...48860885_h.jpg

Dark NighT 11-08-20 10:18 PM

Bit late in the year, but wanted to have a bbq again.


https://i.imgur.com/mbFDwby.png


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.