OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Post A Picture of Your Last Purchase (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=51377)

Dark NighT 24-06-20 11:16 AM

https://www.hjh-office.es/en/PHOENIX...ice-Chair.html


The inflatable lumbar cushion is a masterstroke.

Warchild 24-06-20 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark NighT (Post 1022205)
https://www.hjh-office.es/en/PHOENIX...ice-Chair.html


The inflatable lumbar cushion is a masterstroke.

The lumbar support provided with my chair is universal, could fit on almost any chair since its just padding with elastic straps that clip together.

AlienALX 24-06-20 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1022197)
Herman Miller Embody in black, Pre-owned, 2 months old with minimal usage, Got it for 400 as the owner wanted a quick sale, Finally no more "gamer" chairs ^_^


https://www.designsupermart.com/imag...IR-600x315.jpg


https://i.imgur.com/lfLFKoy.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark NighT (Post 1022205)
https://www.hjh-office.es/en/PHOENIX...ice-Chair.html


The inflatable lumbar cushion is a masterstroke.

TBH it doesn't do as much as you would think. I had that in my old car (Ford Taurus) and whilst it felt nice pumping it up it didn't really make it better.

Dark NighT 24-06-20 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlienALX (Post 1022217)


TBH it doesn't do as much as you would think. I had that in my old car (Ford Taurus) and whilst it felt nice pumping it up it didn't really make it better.


Oh i noticed that to but still, the shape of the backrest does most of the work anyways, its nice to just have a little push when i want it, or deflate it when i had enough, and for that, it is absolutely fine.

AlienALX 24-06-20 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avet (Post 1022199)
Tell us how does it feel. Would you pay for the full price for it?

Not unless

A. You are rich like Bart :D
B. You can not find a used one.

I got mine from 2ndhnd.com. It was 450, but had been completely refinished in red 3m cloth (which has to be on there, as the Embody adjusts and the fabric needs to stretch)

https://i.imgur.com/zzaYBpY.jpg?1

The white frame is more expensive too, as is the "stainless" wheel set and so on. Time you are done you can easily spend 3k, so it is better to look for a used one that has been decked out by some rich company.

Avet 24-06-20 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warchild (Post 1022200)
I found an office company selling these. And for me, no I would never pay full price for it. 400 is actually a good one. They basically want 1800 here for that chair.

And while it felt great, I wouldn't pay more than 600 for it. It doesnt fit my needs anyway. I like to sit with a guitar and those arms would get in the way. Not sure if they were removable.

I don't mind paying a lot for a product that is worth it. It doesn't matter how much money I have I don't like overspending on products that aren't worth it. I would rather go on a vacation, or drink the money in a pub but I won't pay unrealistic prices.

For example, CaseLabs cases although eyewatering expensive were worth the price.

AlienALX 24-06-20 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avet (Post 1022227)
I don't mind paying a lot for a product that is worth it. It doesn't matter how much money I have I don't like overspending on products that aren't worth it. I would rather go on a vacation, or drink the money in a pub but I won't pay unrealistic prices.

For example, CaseLabs cases although eyewatering expensive were worth the price.

If you can afford it and like your luxuries? go for it. There is no such thing as wanting to mess up your back and be uncomfortable.

I have been through three high end chairs now. First was a Herman Miller. Forget the model now, but I just outgrew it by getting too fat (medication change). Then I got a Humanscale which I broke by being stupid, now I have the Embody.

Of all of them? it is by far the best. I would have bought one when I got my first Herman Miller (Sayl, that was it) but they were 800 used at that time.

What makes it different for me (and I am heavy, around 16 stone ATM) is the tiny little suction cups it floats on.

https://i.imgur.com/OXjHwbt.jpg

It's much easier to see there. Each time one of those like, "bones" touches the back it has a soft cup. The back is also flexible, and has been machined out. This is so that when you move the chair moves with you, rather than just staying there forcing you to roll around unsupported. And like I say, I am heavy and it's just amazing. I heard some people say they could feel those things, but if I am 16 stone and I can't then god they must be very heavy.

If you look at my red one you can see there is like, a handle at the side of the front of the seating area? well there is one each side and you hit a button and pull them and it comes in or out. So you can literally tailor it to your ass and thigh size and length so that you don't have a large portion of thigh area unsupported.

It's amazing. It's seriously amazing. Would I pay 1000+ for one? absolutely. Like I said, no amount of money can be too much to stop having serious back and ass pain every time I sit at a PC.

I guess we are just really lucky in the UK for there to be outlets that refurb them and sell them for literally a 1/3 of the RRP.

Bartacus 24-06-20 09:32 PM

LOL Alien, I only paid $1200CDN brand new. Considering how crap our currency is, that's a decent deal for a new chair. I'm sure if you did the math, that equates to what about 800 English pounds? Roughly double what Dice paid used, so not *that* bad. I just hope this chair outlives me!

AlienALX 24-06-20 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartacus (Post 1022242)
LOL Alien, I only paid $1200CDN brand new. Considering how crap our currency is, that's a decent deal for a new chair. I'm sure if you did the math, that equates to what about 800 English pounds? Roughly double what Dice paid used, so not *that* bad. I just hope this chair outlives me!

It should. Might need to clean it every couple of years with a wet vac but the fabric on them is really strong.

How are you getting on with it?

Bartacus 24-06-20 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlienALX (Post 1022243)
It should. Might need to clean it every couple of years with a wet vac but the fabric on them is really strong.

How are you getting on with it?

No complaints, but I don't think it's 'dialed in' to my crappy back yet. I'll dial it in once I get a proper desk setup again that ISN'T a kitchen table. :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.