OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   Corsair Customer Care Forum (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   RMi PSU Buzzing Sound (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=93023)

Dicehunter 12-09-19 03:43 PM

RMi PSU Buzzing Sound
 
So my Corsair RM1000i has, AFAIK, Started to develop coil whine or a slight buzzing, Not really a "whine", Only started around 1 month ago, Not noticeable during the day but when it gets quiet at night any movement with the mouse, Scrolling pages etc... and I can hear it albeit very faintly, I thought it was the GPU at first so I unplugged my 1080 Ti and used the 9900K's iGPU, Even tested the PSU in a different system, Same exact sound.

This is what it sounds like, Amplified a little to make it more obvious, Sounds like a tiny cricket or grass hopper even when just sat at the desktop doing nothing but moving the mouse cursor.

Cause for concern ?

Uploaded to YouTube -


cooperman 12-09-19 03:46 PM

Sounds like fan noise like dirt on the fan blades,have you tryed blowing the psu out?

Dicehunter 12-09-19 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperman (Post 1010708)
Sounds like fan noise like dirt on the fan blades,have you tryed blowing the psu out?


Yep, The PSU is squeaky clean.

Wraith 12-09-19 04:10 PM

That I'm sure is Fan noise maybe a tiny fraction unbalanced, if you're like me once you hear it it's always there and seems to get louder. :eek:

Dicehunter 12-09-19 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wraith (Post 1010712)
That I'm sure is Fan noise maybe a tiny fraction unbalanced, if you're like me once you hear it it's always there and seems to get louder. :eek:


Not saying you're wrong but the sound only starts when I move my mouse, Scroll a page etc... and I know fans are good nowadays but I'm not sure they've gained intelligence enough to know when I'm scrolling a page or moving the mouse around ^_^


On a side note the forum, When used on Firefox, Doesn't seem to like YouTube videos anymore, Refuses to play without following it to the actual site.

Dicehunter 13-09-19 04:33 PM

So I heard back from Corsair support and now they can help but only if I downgrade from the RMi 1000 to the RM1000 which defeats 1 of the main reasons I bought the "i" version of the PSU :banghead:

EDIT

Contacted Amazon, Told them of the situation and they said and I quote -

"That's just not good enough, We have tons of RM1000i's in stock, We'll ship 1 out to you free of charge and you send the faulty one back at your leisure"

I know who I'm gong to for customer service anymore ^_^

NeverBackDown 13-09-19 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1010768)
So I heard back from Corsair support and now they can help but only if I downgrade from the RMi 1000 to the RM1000 which defeats 1 of the main reasons I bought the "i" version of the PSU :banghead:

why is that?

Dicehunter 13-09-19 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverBackDown (Post 1010770)
why is that?


They said it was a stock issue but I checked their UK store and they have stock.


My next PSU purchase is going to be from someone else, Probably Seasonic, Way too much jumping through hoops with Corsair support, It's tiring.

NeverBackDown 13-09-19 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1010774)
They said it was a stock issue but I checked their UK store and they have stock.


My next PSU purchase is going to be from someone else, Probably Seasonic, Way too much jumping through hoops with Corsair support, It's tiring.

I would tell them put in an order to reserve a RMi in the next batch they get.

Dicehunter 13-09-19 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverBackDown (Post 1010775)
I would tell them put in an order to reserve a RMi in the next batch they get.


It was a lot of back and forth just to get to that basic point, Much easier to just contact Amazon.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.