View Full Version : Quick News

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

TheF34RChannel
22-05-17, 07:43 AM
Threadripper’s fake score

https://videocardz.com/69717/threadrippers-fake-score

AngryGoldfish
22-05-17, 07:53 PM
Rumour has it RX Vega won't be available for consumption (I like to eat my stars) until September.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/radeon-rx-vega-for-consumers-might-still-be-out-a-couple-of-months.html

AlienALX
22-05-17, 08:53 PM
Rumour has it RX Vega won't be available for consumption (I like to eat my stars) until September.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/radeon-rx-vega-for-consumers-might-still-be-out-a-couple-of-months.html

It's usually always when "back to school" happens for AMD to release their big GPUs. Fury X was paper launched before then but wasn't available in any volume before then.

TBH if you look at when AMD ordered the prototype PCB and Raja was out visiting the manufacturers it was only like November last year. He said then it was still miles off.

Korreborg
22-05-17, 09:08 PM
An for every day that goes, people gets tired of waiting, an buys 1080s :)

AlienALX
22-05-17, 09:12 PM
An for every day that goes, people gets tired of waiting, an buys 1080s :)

Then they're impulsive and can't control themselves is what I would say to that. Hardly like there are any AAA+ blockbuster titles that are worth spending that kind of dough on.

I don't game anywhere near as much during summer either.

WYP
22-05-17, 09:20 PM

This news is false, I know what the transcript says and it is not that. Whoever first reported this took things way out of context?

Korreborg
22-05-17, 09:21 PM
Start of 2017
:amd: = :intelwar:
Summer of 2017
:amd: = :amdwar:

But if you are looking for a new card, and not being an AMD fanboy, then why wait.

Tolemac
22-05-17, 10:08 PM
I wouldn't call somebody impulsive just because they didn't wait for Vega. Some people have the funds available to them in the summer and not in the Autumn when there is as you say "back to school" as people have kids to think about.

AlienALX
22-05-17, 10:10 PM
I wouldn't call somebody impulsive just because they didn't wait for Vega. Some people have the funds available to them in the summer and not in the Autumn when there is as you say "back to school" as people have kids to think about.

So you could not have possibly saved the money until launch and you're telling me you're not impulsive ? :D

WYP
22-05-17, 10:44 PM
Then they're impulsive and can't control themselves is what I would say to that. Hardly like there are any AAA+ blockbuster titles that are worth spending that kind of dough on.

I don't game anywhere near as much during summer either.

You need to remember that people can't wait forever, once Vega launches everyone will say "wait for Volta", it never changes.

People need to spend their money at some point and I know that a lot of people have waited for almost a year for Vega, they are understandably annoyed and want something better sooner.

Exactly, I have seen plenty of people who have been waiting for the next big AMD GPU since before Polaris launched, which was over a year ago. You can only wait so long for your preferred brand to release something.

People can't focus every purchasing decision on what is coming next, as the simple thing is that we have no idea what is coming next or how much better it will be that what is currently available.

So you could not have possibly saved the money until launch and you're telling me you're not impulsive ? :D

Dude, a lot of people have waited over a year for Vega. If they all were all impulse buyers they would have jumped ship long ago.

They were making a purchasing decision that is based on the products that are available now, the problem with waiting for the next launch is that there is always a different one coming up.

AlienALX
23-05-17, 11:11 AM
People don't need to wait forever no, but we are living in a time where every one expects everything yesterday and an age of crushing impatience.

I can't tell you how many times I have had a full basket on OCUK/Amazon full of Ryzen gear, then seen it rationally and realised I'm a buffoon.

Instead I went off to the Nike store yesterday and bought £700 worth of clothes/trainers etc for £290.

I bought my Fury X at launch. I got it the first week in a bit of luck. I don't need a GPU is the short answer. The rather longer answer is even if I did it would be more than competent enough to last me until next year even if Vega took that long.

What's funny is that all of the so called Vega release dates have been urban myths, and people are saying stupid stuff like "Couldn't wait any more bought a 1080" like they are punishing AMD for not releasing on the BS date they probably invented.

lol couldn't wait for AMD to release on the date they never ever said they were going to release on, so I punished them by buying Nvidia.

The only person they will hurt is themselves. In fact, they already have by over paying Nvidia.

AngryGoldfish
23-05-17, 11:27 AM
This news is false, I know what the transcript says and it is not that. Whoever first reported this took things way out of context?

Thanks for the update. I'm reading your article now.

I wonder if AMD had given us clearer performance metrics before now, would people have been more willing to wait? So if we knew that Vega was more powerful than the Nvidia competitor at a cheaper price, would everyone just say 'wait it out'?

But imagine if AMD did that and the performance was clearly above Nvidia in even the 1080Ti category, would Nvidia preemptively reduce the prices of their cards so that consumers who were waiting for Vega saw a 1080Ti for £550-600 and said 'screw Vega, £600 for that kind of performance is great!'?

Tolemac
23-05-17, 11:33 AM
People don't need to wait forever no, but we are living in a time where every one expects everything yesterday and an age of crushing impatience.

I can't tell you how many times I have had a full basket on OCUK/Amazon full of Ryzen gear, then seen it rationally and realised I'm a buffoon.

Instead I went off to the Nike store yesterday and bought £700 worth of clothes/trainers etc for £290.

I bought my Fury X at launch. I got it the first week in a bit of luck. I don't need a GPU is the short answer. The rather longer answer is even if I did it would be more than competent enough to last me until next year even if Vega took that long.

What's funny is that all of the so called Vega release dates have been urban myths, and people are saying stupid stuff like "Couldn't wait any more bought a 1080" like they are punishing AMD for not releasing on the BS date they probably invented.

lol couldn't wait for AMD to release on the date they never ever said they were going to release on, so I punished them by buying Nvidia.

The only person they will hurt is themselves. In fact, they already have by over paying Nvidia.

At the end of the day people will buy what they want with their money. I find your attitude childish for an adult you should know better

AlienALX
23-05-17, 11:56 AM
At the end of the day people will buy what they want with their money. I find your attitude childish for an adult you should know better

Woah woah woah, now we're on insults? don't get annoyed at me for calling it how it is. You stated that you needed a GPU now - fair enough. You then stated that you could not possibly wait any longer because basically you couldn't hold onto the money until then. Which completely lacks any self control.

I don't care what you do with your money dude. Count it, spend it, burn it at the bottom of the garden. Not my problem really is it?

I just find it annoying that people have no self control and then try and blame it on AMD.

I've stated the facts in one of my previous posts. And they are the facts and pretty much the only real truthful statements out there about Vega that you will find.

I'm impulsive, I'm impatient, I lack total self control and every month I spend every single penny I have down to about 30p in my bank. I know that, I can admit it. At least I can admit that. I don't go around blaming it on a company though.

If I really wanted Vega I would wait for it, as I can exercise self control when I feel it's really needed.

And BTW, it's not really my attitude that's childish is it?

"Mum mum some kid just made me do something I didn't want to and it's all X's fault !"

Dicehunter
23-05-17, 01:46 PM
The new Corsair Commander Pro, I have been waiting a while for something like this, You can attach all your Corsair devices i.e PSU, AIO, Fans, RGB strips etc... and control all of it from Corsair Link, It shall be mine -

uVbT8yA2h4I

Wraith
23-05-17, 04:38 PM
Come on fellas, it's niether here or there.. back biting and baiting each other is getting us nowhere and makes us all look a little daft. Take a step back and a deep breath before mods have to intervene and time outs are awarded.

Dicehunter
23-05-17, 04:40 PM
Come on fellas, it's niether here or there.. back biting and baiting each other is getting us nowhere and makes us all look a little daft. Take a step back and a deep breath before mods have to intervene and time outs are awarded.

Yeah but he said that he said this and after that he said the other thing and after that he said it and then he went back and said that after saying this... :D

It's like being back in high school :p

NeverBackDown
23-05-17, 04:43 PM
Yeah but he said that he said this and after that he said the other thing and after that he said it and then he went back and said that after saying this... :D

It's like being back in high school :p

Ever been on Facebook? Twitter? Any social media? It's like that even today with adults. Pathetic really. So many cry babies these days. People need to get a backbone. And no that's not directed at anyone here

Dicehunter
23-05-17, 04:45 PM
Ever been on Facebook? Twitter? Any social media? It's like that even today with adults. Pathetic really. So many cry babies these days. People need to get a backbone. And no that's not directed at anyone here

On Facebook I've seen fights break out over mustard, I kid you not ^_^

AngryGoldfish
23-05-17, 05:06 PM
Pineapple DOES go on pizza. I'll fight ya!

Dicehunter
23-05-17, 05:10 PM

Are you king of the large brown nipple people ? I demand mustard !!!

Bartacus
23-05-17, 05:11 PM

Damn right!! What person in their right mind can't like ham and pineapple on pizza??!?! Insanity!!

NeverBackDown
23-05-17, 05:39 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/600720/Trackmania_Lagoon/

Game seems pretty cool. Only $20. It was posted only an hour ago and I haven't found any reviews or videos on it(besides the video on the steampage). If anyone knows anything about it and/or has it, should do a review:)

AlienALX
23-05-17, 05:56 PM
Damn right!! What person in their right mind can't like ham and pineapple on pizza??!?! Insanity!!

Yeah I gotta say I'm a pretty heavy meat fan (pigeon, venison, steak, burgers etc) but even I like my ham and pineapple pizza.

AngryGoldfish
23-05-17, 06:06 PM
I'm vegetarian. You guys disgust me.

tinytomlogan
23-05-17, 06:07 PM
I'm vegetarian. You guys disgust me.

Plants have feelings too bro!

AngryGoldfish
23-05-17, 06:13 PM
Chickpeas and lentils are bae.

Dicehunter
23-05-17, 06:20 PM
Chickpeas and lentils are bae.

FYI bae means poo in dutch ^_^

AngryGoldfish
23-05-17, 06:21 PM

How dare you desecrate the lustrous heritage of millennial teenage slang?!

Dicehunter
23-05-17, 06:22 PM
How dare you desecrate the lustrous heritage of millennial teenage slang?!

You made me squirt coffee out of my nose, It's bae I tell you, BAE !!!

AlienALX
23-05-17, 06:22 PM

hahahaha ! that made me lol for reals yo.

NeverBackDown
23-05-17, 08:30 PM
Thought this was interesting.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/shadow-of-war-dev-on-creating-mordor-sequel-if-we-/1100-6450220/

Shadow of War is basically all or nothing. And confirmed to support PS4 Pro/Scorpio. And confirmed no Switch, but I never expected that anyway!

Dicehunter
24-05-17, 12:54 AM
Thought this was interesting.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/shadow-of-war-dev-on-creating-mordor-sequel-if-we-/1100-6450220/

Shadow of War is basically all or nothing. And confirmed to support PS4 Pro/Scorpio. And confirmed no Switch, but I never expected that anyway!

I can understand that seeing as how the first game was good but if the sequel was just more of the same the sales would be kinda poor, CoD, Fifa and the like can get away with it but not RPG-like games.

NeverBackDown
24-05-17, 01:19 AM
I can understand that seeing as how the first game was good but if the sequel was just more of the same the sales would be kinda poor, CoD, Fifa and the like can get away with it but not RPG-like games.

It makes sense yeah. But jugding by all the content we know so far, this game is way way more than Mordor. This is imo looking to shape up to a Game of the Year.

Warchild
24-05-17, 11:55 AM

You make a good point and also highlight one of the big problems here. Especially with the likes of CoD, they should not be allowed to get away with releasing the same thing every release. Someone at some point should step in and say "this is breaking some kind of regulation" selling the same bad egg with a different shell.

TheF34RChannel
24-05-17, 06:43 PM
SiSoftware Official Live Ranker

Details for Result ID Intel(R) ,i7*-7900X%CPU @ (10C 20T 4GHz/4.5GHz, 2.4GHz IMC, 10x 1MB L2, 13.75MB L3)

http://ranker.sisoftware.net/show_run.php?q=c2ffcee889e8d5e3daebdfe9dbfd8fb282a 4c1a499a98ffcc1f9&l=en

i7-7900X 10C (4.0 GHz) = 1386.94Mpix/s
i7-6950X 10C (4.50 GHz) = 897.28Mpix/s
i7-6950X 10C (3.50 GHz) = 746.64Mpix/s

*The i9 moniker seems like a last minute change, hence not part of this specific CPU.

TheF34RChannel
25-05-17, 09:54 PM
ASUS, ASRock, Gigabyte and MSI tease upcoming X299 motherboards

https://videocardz.com/newz/asus-asrock-gigabyte-and-msi-tease-upcoming-x299-motherboards

TheF34RChannel
26-05-17, 05:44 PM
GIGABYTE X299 AORUS GAMING 9, 7 and 3 pictured

https://videocardz.com/newz/gigabyte-x299-aorus-gaming-9-7-and-3-pictured

WYP
26-05-17, 05:49 PM
GIGABYTE X299 AORUS GAMING 9, 7 and 3 pictured

https://videocardz.com/newz/gigabyte-x299-aorus-gaming-9-7-and-3-pictured

Just spotted this myself. Nice find man :)

Love the gaming 9's M.2 heatsinks, not sure about the rear IO RGB lighting.

TheF34RChannel
26-05-17, 11:28 PM
Just spotted this myself. Nice find man :)

Love the gaming 9's M.2 heatsinks, not sure about the rear IO RGB lighting.

All this lighting and RGB creeps me out personally. Waiting for Asus for a variety of reasons (looks, BIOS, OC socket*, etc.).

*would be nice to have the option to enable TBM3.0 for all cores in the BIOS.

HJ1mech
28-05-17, 01:10 PM
Did anyone else notice there is a wifi version of the Asus Crosshair VI Hero now?. It's on the Asus US site but I haven't seen pricing or launch info and it seems to not have been covered by most sites yet.

TheF34RChannel
28-05-17, 05:27 PM
Coffee Leak-S (LGA1151-Rev.2?) Related News

CFL-S (LGA1151-Rev.2?)

CFL-S Core i7: 6 core 12 threads, LLC 12MB
CFL-S Core i5: 4 cores 8 threads, LLC 8MB
CFL-S Core i3: 4 cores 4 threads, LLC 6 / 8MB
All three of the above line-up GT2 graphics are built-in.

CFL-S Pentium: 2 cores 4 threads, LLC 3 / 4MB
For models with LLC 4MB, GT2 integrated graphics are included.
For models with LLC 3MB, GT1 integrated graphics are included.

CFL-S Celeron: 2 cores 2 threads, LLC 2MB, GT1

1. CoffeeLake-S (hereafter referred to as CFL-S) is available from Celeron to Core i7.

CFL-S Core i7 is powered by 6 core 12 threads, LLC 12MB. Compared to the previous year, the number of cores / threads and LLC capacities increased by 50%. The Rebalanced Smart Cache Hierarchy * applied here has not been applied compared to Skylake-X (which probably overlaps in a six-core segment, which will appear a month or two ahead of time).

(*: Skylake-X reduced the L2 cache capacity from 256KB to 1MB, instead of reducing the L3 cache capacity from 2.5MB to 1.375MB and changed the cache policy from inclusive to non-inclusive. I think it will help to improve the IPC. It is a feature that does not apply to KABI Lake-X.

CFL-S Core i5 powered by 4 cores 8 threads, LLC 8MB. Compared to the previous version, hyperthreading increased 100% of threads and increased LLC capacity by 33%.

CFL-S Core i3 is powered by 4 core 4 threads, LLC 6 / 8MB. Compared to the previous version, Hyper-Threading has been removed, but with 100% increase in core count, the number of threads is the same and LLC capacity has increased by 100%.

All three of the above line-up GT2 graphics are built-in.

CFL-S Pentium is powered by 2 cores 4 threads, LLC 3 / 4MB. Compared to the Pentium except for the G4560 and above, the number of threads increased by 100% due to hyper-threading. For models with LLC capacity of 4MB, GT2 integrated graphics are included. For models with 3MB, GT1 integrated graphics are included.

CFL-S Celeron is powered by 2 cores 2 threads, LLC 2MB, GT1. There is no unique change here.

The number of pins in the CFL-S is 1151, and the horizontal and vertical dimensions of the CPU package are also physically the same as those of the existing SKYLAKE / KABIREK. It is the manufacturer's consideration for the manufacture of new motherboards. (To be able to recycle parts such as socket as much as possible.) However,

9. Motherboards that support CFL-S are restricted to use with CFL-S only. It is said that the 'Refreshed Z270 chipset' will be called Z370 and the socket name will also be differentiated by LGA1151 v2 and so on. You can not use the CFL-S on a Z270 board that is not named Z370, nor can you use a Kbilek sub CPU on a Z270 board named Z370.

The Z270 and CFL-S will live together until this year (called Z370). In the first quarter of next year, the official 300 series PCH Z390 will be released. Unusually, this PCH is called Canon Lake PCH, not Coffee Lake PCH. (The 200 series was called Kabira Lake PCH.) Maybe it's a double line that the chipset will support up to next year's Canon Lake, right?

Therefore, during the second half of this year, the Z270 (which will be called Z370) is the only supported platform for CFL-S. Q / B / H series chipsets will be updated to 300 in the first quarter of next year. Q370, Q360, B360, H370, H310
These include Q370, Q360, B360, H370, and H310.

I do not know why Kavi Lake-X is coming out (...)

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdrmola.com%2Fbbs_free%2F168958&edit-text=&act=url

TheF34RChannel
28-05-17, 05:30 PM
SKL-X pricing...maybe true...maybe false...

6800K->7800X (?)
6850K($610)->7820X($499)
6900k($1000)->7900X($799)
6950X($1700)->7920X($1200)

https://hardforum.com/threads/upcoming-i9-7820k-going-to-be-the-gaming-workstation-sweet-spot.1935130/#post-1043016256

Dicehunter
28-05-17, 05:52 PM
Can;t see the 7920X costing $1200 when the previous gen was $1700, Intel do not price drop ^_^

TheF34RChannel
28-05-17, 06:38 PM
Can;t see the 7920X costing $1200 when the previous gen was $1700, Intel do not price drop ^_^

Hence my skepticism... ^_^

tolagarf
28-05-17, 08:09 PM
I'm aiming for X299 with the Kaby Lake X i7 7740 CPU. I'm done with that socket 115x platform and their use of pigeon dung in between the chip and IHS.

TheF34RChannel
28-05-17, 09:40 PM
ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E

http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/ASUS-ROG-STRIX-X299-E-Motherboard-Intel-Core-X-Processors_7-1030x579.png

https://videocardz.com/69893/asus-strix-x299-e-motherboard-leaked-by-asus

This is my board.

Korreborg
28-05-17, 09:46 PM
x299 is looking really nice. But not counting word/browsing. I'm 95-99% a gamer.
So i can't justify to my self to get new CPU/MB/RAM. Just changing the GFX once and a while :D

TheF34RChannel
28-05-17, 10:19 PM
x299 is looking really nice. But not counting word/browsing. I'm 95-99% a gamer.
So i can't justify to my self to get new CPU/MB/RAM. Just changing the GFX once and a while :D

Well coming from what I have it's at least a proper upgrade :)

====

EVGA “DARK” motherboard

Likely X299: https://videocardz.com/newz/evga-teases-upcoming-products

TheF34RChannel
28-05-17, 11:38 PM
Intel X299 HEDT Platform Details

http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Intel-X299-HEDT-Skylake-X-Kaby-Lake-X-CPU-Platform.jpeg

http://wccftech.com/intel-x299-skylake-x-kaby-lake-x-z370-coffee-lake-s-z390-cannonlake-cpu-details/

(sorry Mark for keeping you busy tonight)

Dicehunter
29-05-17, 06:10 AM
Nvidia GPU rumoured to be announced in the next day or so, It's from Tweaktown so take it with a massive tweak of salt -

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/57761/nvidia-rumored-unveil-volta-based-geforce-tomorrow/index.html

NeverBackDown
29-05-17, 06:41 AM
If they did it would be for the datacenter/HPC markets

Dicehunter
29-05-17, 06:49 AM
If they did it would be for the datacenter/HPC markets

True, I can't see them bringing out or even announcing a Volta GeForce card just yet considering the 1080 Ti is 2 months old and the Titan Xp is 1 month old.

In other news, Asus Crosshair VI Extreme AM4 spotted at computex, From what I can make out the only differences from the Hero version is it has an extra M.2 slot, Built in Wifi, Slightly bigger chipset heatsink and a right angle 24 pin connector, The latter of which should be standard on all motherboards by now -

http://i.imgur.com/6e2nYx5.jpg

Source - Eteknix Facebook

TheF34RChannel
29-05-17, 08:24 AM
Intel to launch 18-core Core i9-7980XE CPU (+ 16 & 14C SKUs)

https://cdn.videocardz.com/1/2017/05/Intel-SkylakeX-KabylakeX-CoreX-Series.jpg

https://cdn.videocardz.com/1/2017/05/Intel-i9-i7-i5-Core-X-packaging.jpg

https://videocardz.com/69900/exclusive-intel-to-launch-18-core-core-i9-7980xe-cpu

Dicehunter
29-05-17, 08:31 AM
Intel to launch 18-core Core i9-7980XE CPU (+ 16 & 14C SKUs)
https://videocardz.com/69900/exclusive-intel-to-launch-18-core-core-i9-7980xe-cpu

That's insane :eek:

TheF34RChannel
29-05-17, 08:36 AM
That's insane :eek:

Nah, they needed an answer to TR - the prices, however, will likely be insane (or a larger range allows Intel to price the ones we knew about lower and competitively).

Dicehunter
29-05-17, 08:41 AM
Nah, they needed an answer to TR - the prices, however, will likely be insane (or a larger range allows Intel to price the ones we knew about lower and competitively).

AMD could bring out a 20 core TR for all we know :)

TheF34RChannel
29-05-17, 08:42 AM

That'd be really funny!!

tolagarf
29-05-17, 08:57 AM
Please please launch a X299 micro-ATX motherboard ASUS! I don't care if it's ROG/Strix branded, I could settle for a Prime.

WYP
29-05-17, 08:58 AM

I doubt it, AMD makes their CPUs now by having several 8-core dies on a PCB. IE 2x for threadripper and 4x for Naples/EPYC.

In theory, AMD could make a 24-core, but I doubt they would fit onto the Threadripper socket. Many sites are reporting that it used the same socket as EPYC but it isn't, SP3r2 (TR) is not SP3 (EPYC).

It would be nice to see, but improbable.

TheF34RChannel
29-05-17, 10:03 AM
"The main difference is that while X99 allowed for 2 DIMMs per channel, X299 supports only single DIMM per channel. So while you were able to use all eight DIMM slots on the X99 boards, the same cannot be done with X299. One must question why are there still eight DIMM slots on the board if the platform only allows for four DIMM installation. Maybe the slide showcased by Intel is an error or there’s something we have yet to know about the platform itself."

That surely cannot be right.

WYP
29-05-17, 10:36 AM
"The main difference is that while X99 allowed for 2 DIMMs per channel, X299 supports only single DIMM per channel. So while you were able to use all eight DIMM slots on the X99 boards, the same cannot be done with X299. One must question why are there still eight DIMM slots on the board if the platform only allows for four DIMM installation. Maybe the slide showcased by Intel is an error or there’s something we have yet to know about the platform itself."

That surely cannot be right.

Nah, motherboard makers would not add unusable parts to their boards, something has to be wrong with that info.

TheF34RChannel
29-05-17, 10:39 AM
Nah, motherboard makers would not add unusable parts to their boards, something has to be wrong with that info.

Exactly! It's because of the picture of the overview on the monitor I posted two pages back. I found it conflicting with reality.

Mark, two pages back I also posted an Asus board, in case you may have overlooked it?

WYP
29-05-17, 10:45 AM
Exactly! It's because of the picture of the overview on the monitor I posted two pages back. I found it conflicting with reality.

Mark, two pages back I also posted an Asus board, in case you may have overlooked it?

I have seen it, just a huge amount of stuff happening ATM. Computex is overdrive time, I could not sleep this week and still not get everything done.

TheF34RChannel
29-05-17, 11:08 AM
I have seen it, just a huge amount of stuff happening ATM. Computex is overdrive time, I could not sleep this week and still not get everything done.

I hear you! Good luck and thanks for all you're doing!!

Dicehunter
30-05-17, 08:13 AM
New Corsair AIO's incoming, Improved pump, Rad etc...

https://twitter.com/LinusTech/status/869377832690077697

AlienALX
30-05-17, 10:09 AM
Intel have one coming too. Dear, though.

TheF34RChannel
30-05-17, 11:25 AM
New Corsair AIO's incoming, Improved pump, Rad etc...

https://twitter.com/LinusTech/status/869377832690077697

It's my understanding from seeing Intel's one (aw dear indeed AlienALX) that it's compatible with previous sockets so in theory our current coolers should be good for LGA 2066 (?). I am well happy with H105 and I stick some Vardars on there and use it for SKL-X I've saved some decent money right there as I doubt the new coolers will knock off like an extra 10C.

tolagarf
30-05-17, 11:32 AM
It's my understanding from seeing Intel's one (aw dear indeed AlienALX) that it's compatible with previous sockets so in theory our current coolers should be good for LGA 2066 (?). I am well happy with H105 and I stick some Vardars on there and use it for SKL-X I've saved some decent money right there as I doubt the new coolers will knock off like an extra 10C.

Yes it's still the same as 2011 and 2011-3, all cooler supporting that are compatible. Even the old 1366 is same hole distance, but if I recall this one actually used a back plate to mount

Avet
30-05-17, 12:21 PM
ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme X299

http://i.imgur.com/MgvUf92.jpg

AlienALX
30-05-17, 03:59 PM
Just got an email from my friend in Taiwan.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7eTjW6qj9yZVnVHTHpibFEyQ28

That's his whole visit there.

Avet
30-05-17, 04:01 PM
Just got an email from my friend in Taiwan.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7eTjW6qj9yZVnVHTHpibFEyQ28

That's his whole visit there.

Wow. A lot of pictures. Tnx dude. :D

AlienALX
30-05-17, 04:02 PM
Wow. A lot of pictures. Tnx dude. :D

No worries man enjoy !

TheF34RChannel
30-05-17, 09:28 PM
Yes it's still the same as 2011 and 2011-3, all cooler supporting that are compatible. Even the old 1366 is same hole distance, but if I recall this one actually used a back plate to mount

Thanks! That'd mean that my H105 is good to go. Good beefy cooler that.

ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme X299

http://i.imgur.com/MgvUf92.jpg

Sleek. Very sleek!

Excalabur50
31-05-17, 12:06 AM
Thanks for sharing those pics Alien!

NeverBackDown
31-05-17, 12:18 AM
Countdown for AMDs event on Vega/EPYC/Threadripeer/etc
https://www.tickcounter.com/clone/countdown/163733

I don't have a link for the livestream though. Could only find a Countdown timer. (less than 2 hours at time of this post)

HJ1mech
31-05-17, 02:56 AM
RX Vega not launching till July 27th

NeverBackDown
01-06-17, 10:02 PM
Ryzen 7 has seen price cuts ahead of Threadrippers launch up to 23% price cuts.

https://www.google.com/amp/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-prices-drop-ahead-of-threadripper-launch/amp/

AlienALX
02-06-17, 09:04 AM
£284 here now for the 1700.

Avet
02-06-17, 09:16 AM
£284 here now for the 1700.

I hope it doesn't raise up again. :)

AngryGoldfish
02-06-17, 12:30 PM
Excellent price. I can't believe you can get 5960X-level performance for less than the price of a 6700K.

AlienALX
02-06-17, 12:34 PM
Excellent price. I can't believe you can get 5960X-level performance for less than the price of a 6700K.

£270 odd on Aria.

AngryGoldfish
02-06-17, 09:05 PM
Noctua have a new range of black fans coming out as well as a nifty PWM controller. The swappable corners are kind of cheap looking, but plain black corners will fix that issue. Also new coolers to support Threadripper. Apparently while the Threadripper chip is huge, heat remains isolated to a specific spot around the center.

https://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/matthew-wilson/computex-noctua-has-new-fan-designs-and-redesigned-coolers-for-amd/

NeverBackDown
03-06-17, 04:43 AM
LOTS of Warhammer 2 news today.
Edit: How can I forget the actual TW forums post!
TW Forums (https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/195152/total-war-warhammer-ii-hands-on-previews#latest)

Venturebeat's article (https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/total-war-warhammer-ii-designer-promises-war-across-four-continents/)

Gamesrader's article (http://www.gamesradar.com/total-war-warhammer-2s-lizardmen-are-a-brutal-blast-to-play-while-the-campaign-offers-a-different-kind-of-scale/)

Polyongs article. They have some very nice high res pictures too (https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on)

PCGamer's article (http://www.pcgamer.com/total-war-warhammer-2-brings-high-fantasy-to-a-redesigned-campaign/)

While most of these articles mentioned the same new features CA was aloud to talk about, they all do have different points of view and each are worth a read. Some have things others don't too. So read up!:)

And the best YT vids on the interviews I could find. Probably the most interesting!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Zl486UVW4

This is about the campaign stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEYksSnkTgc

This is about Battles and Multiplayer(hint hint, FFA game mode CONFIRMED:D)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC1paBDk16A
And this is the full interview if you would rather just have it in one spot. Also has a little bit more information than the split versions.

Avet
03-06-17, 10:47 AM
I love Warhammer. I am so glad that new stuff is coming. :D

NeverBackDown
04-06-17, 05:51 PM
AMD launched entry level pro cards based off Polaris 12. Massive performance bump compared to old Oland entry level card.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/11509/amd-announces-radeon-pro-wx-3100-wx-2100

AngryGoldfish
05-06-17, 10:51 AM
Coffee Lake delayed until Q1 2018. It'll require a new 1151 v2 socket so Z270 motherboards won't support Coffee Lake. Intel really are pushing their luck. The only reason to hold off on Ryzen is now gone.

http://wccftech.com/intel-coffee-lake-delayed-2018-8th-gen-kaby-lake-refresh/

Avet
05-06-17, 11:01 AM
Coffee Lake delayed until Q1 2018. It'll require a new 1151 v2 socket so Z270 motherboards won't support Coffee Lake. Intel really are pushing their luck. The only reason to hold off on Ryzen is now gone.

Nothing new on that front.

TheF34RChannel
05-06-17, 11:02 AM

Pushing it? Nah. Digging a decent sized hole? Yep...

None of the sites show this road map though and I visited all the German sites.

Avet
05-06-17, 11:41 AM

They have done it for ever. I don't mind having new boards for new platforms, but the point is for platforms to be actually new. They have started to just rename stuff and forcing you to buy same things in different package. They need bigger leaps. 5-10% isn't enough. You can get that with a decent overclock. Intel needs to give us a reason to go with new platform, other than they say it is "new".

TheF34RChannel
05-06-17, 11:57 AM
They have done it for ever. I don't mind having new boards for new platforms, but the point is for platforms to be actually new. They have started to just rename stuff and forcing you to buy same things in different package. They need bigger leaps. 5-10% isn't enough. You can get that with a decent overclock. Intel needs to give us a reason to go with new platform, other than they say it is "new".

Yep to all of this! Needing a new board is why I'm choosing HEDT; might as well go for the better platform with upgrade options rather than a dead end.

NeverBackDown
05-06-17, 05:20 PM
Noctuas new fan
http://www.pcgamer.com/noctua-spent-four-and-a-half-years-designing-its-quietest-strongest-fan-yet/

Pushes as much air as 2 NF-F12s yet is quiter. Is both a static pressure and air flow fan. The material used is 4x as expensive... Won't be cheap. Oh and no RGB!

TheF34RChannel
05-06-17, 05:47 PM
Noctuas new fan
http://www.pcgamer.com/noctua-spent-four-and-a-half-years-designing-its-quietest-strongest-fan-yet/

Pushes as much air as 2 NF-F12s yet is quiter. Is both a static pressure and air flow fan. The material used is 4x as expensive... Won't be cheap. Oh and no RGB!

That colour scheme though...like it's 1965 :p fits basically no build I think

Greenback
05-06-17, 06:16 PM
That colour scheme though...like it's 1965 :p fits basically no build I think

Inwin wooden cases come to mind, though the fans look like some one has taken a dump on them

evilcorp
05-06-17, 06:37 PM
Noctuas new fan

So Noctua have spent money developing their own version of the Scythe gentle typhoon with baby sick brown colouring

NeverBackDown
05-06-17, 06:39 PM
So Noctua have spent money developing their own version of the Scythe gentle typhoon with baby sick brown colouring

I am currently using 4 GTs right now. I would take a wager these Noctua fans will be much better.

AngryGoldfish
05-06-17, 07:16 PM
Considerably better. Noctua don't half-ass anything.

Korreborg
05-06-17, 08:49 PM
Considerably better. Noctua don't half-ass anything.
Except their choice of colors :D

I would LOVE Noctua fans, but its not gonna happen with those colors.
And it totally dont get it. They could sell TONS of fans if they made a black one.
Not a weird grayish thing. A proper black one. (The Redux color is far better, but not good)

AngryGoldfish
05-06-17, 08:59 PM
Except their choice of colors :D

I would LOVE Noctua fans, but its not gonna happen with those colors.
And it totally dont get it. They could sell TONS of fans if they made a black one.
Not a weird grayish thing. A proper black one. (The Redux color is far better, but not good)

But here's an opposing argument:

What if the colour scheme has actually helped them sell fans? It's such a distinguishing colour that maybe without it they would be lost among a wave of commonality.

Also, if the argument that Noctua would sell more fans if they were a neutral colour is true, maybe they don't want that. Maybe Noctua are exactly where they want to be. That's why I love them. They don't divert themselves off to cater to the masses like Thermaltacky. They do what they do and they have their loyal... fans. I like a company that knows who and what it is. They stand by their products unwaveringly. Despite the beige and tan colour scheme and high price tag, they still are one of the biggest sellers of air cooling in the business. That speaks volumes in my opinion.

evilcorp
05-06-17, 09:08 PM
But here's an opposing argument:

What if the colour scheme has actually helped them sell fans? It's such a distinguishing colour that maybe without it they would be lost among a wave of commonality.

Also, if the argument that Noctua would sell more fans if they were a neutral colour is true, maybe they don't want that. Maybe Noctua are exactly where they want to be. That's why I love them. They don't divert themselves off to cater to the masses like Thermaltacky. They do what they do and they have their loyal... fans. I like a company that knows who and what it is. They stand by their products unwaveringly. Despite the beige and tan colour scheme and high price tag, they still are one of the biggest sellers of air cooling in the business. That speaks volumes in my opinion.

Despite their beige and tan fans i still own 4 of them because they are great. They are just hidden away so i dont have to see them. I used to own a noctua nh d15 as well

I am currently using 4 GTs right now. I would take a wager these Noctua fans will be much better.

I hope so, as i caught onto how good GTs were a little too late and struggled to get some

AngryGoldfish
05-06-17, 09:13 PM
Despite their beige and tan fans i still own 4 of them because they are great. They are just hidden away so i dont have to see them. I used to own a noctua nh d15 as well

I hope so, as i caught onto how good GTs were a little too late and struggled to get some

I'm considering picking up a NH-D15S and a Thermalright fan to replace the stock Noctua fan for my new build. Thermalright make amazing fans as well. They're just very hard to get a hold of, annoyingly.

Korreborg
05-06-17, 09:46 PM
So its okay for Noctua to make products at a high price, and do what they want.
But Intel sucks for doing the exact same thing? I dont get it :D (I'm being a tosser on purpose ;) )

NeverBackDown
05-06-17, 10:59 PM
So its okay for Noctua to make products at a high price, and do what they want.
But Intel sucks for doing the exact same thing? I dont get it :D (I'm being a tosser on purpose ;) )

A $30 fan is much different than a $2000 CPU so I don't think it's even remotely close of a comparison

Korreborg
06-06-17, 12:28 AM
A $30 fan is much different than a $2000 CPU so I don't think it's even remotely close of a comparison
But you can get a fan for 3$ it can also move air ;)

NeverBackDown
06-06-17, 12:52 AM
But you can get a fan for 3$ it can also move air ;)

You could spend nothing and blow as hard as you can. Whats your point? If you think like that you can make anything sound illogical.

Korreborg
06-06-17, 01:22 AM
The point is, IMO Intel makes premium products. That just work, and keep working.
There no heat issues (I had that 10 years ago with my AMD) and for that they have charged a premium price.
People complain about longevity as they constantly change sockets etc, but as i see it, most people don't change the main components every 2 years, so it does not matter, as you most likely want to change the MB anyway. My current problem isn't the CPU, but the lack of M.2, and i'm on DDR3 ram.

I get that Intel is expensive, and i would like them to lower their prices as well.
For me "the premium gamer", Ryzen makes no sence, other than being cheeper.

My question just is, why the constant rant towards Intel? :)

Dicehunter
06-06-17, 01:36 AM
The point is, IMO Intel makes premium products. That just work, and keep working.
There no heat issues (I had that 10 years ago with my AMD) and for that they have charged a premium price.
People complain about longevity as they constantly change sockets etc, but as i see it, most people don't change the main components every 2 years, so it does not matter, as you most likely want to change the MB anyway. My current problem isn't the CPU, but the lack of M.2, and i'm on DDR3 ram.

I get that Intel is expensive, and i would like them to lower their prices as well.
For me "the premium gamer", Ryzen makes no sence, other than being cheeper.

My question just is, why the constant rant towards Intel? :)

Errrrmmm, The 7700K even non overclocked is having some pretty bad temperature spikes, My 5930K at stock clocks which performed quite a bit less than my current 1800X had absolutely terrible temperatures, The chip I had previous to that, The 4770K, Also had terrible temperatures.

Korreborg
06-06-17, 01:53 AM
I5-2500k and 4670k + i7-4790k i have had no issues.
My buddy had a i7-920 and now a i5-6600k again no issues.
I'm talking @stock. We have both started to overclock, so now he has custom watercooling.
And i'm heading that way as well.

Yes i totally agree, the Ryzen is miles in front of everything else form AMD.
But it wasn't a clean launch, with the ram issues, and the 20c offset misinformation.

Dicehunter
06-06-17, 01:59 AM
I5-2500k and 4670k + i7-4790k i have had no issues.
My buddy had a i7-920 and now a i5-6600k again no issues.
I'm talking @stock. We have both started to overclock, so now he has custom watercooling.
And i'm heading that way as well.

Yes i totally agree, the Ryzen is miles in front of everything else form AMD.
But it wasn't a clean launch, with the ram issues, and the 20c offset misinformation.

Those are all chips I have zero experience with, Point is, Intel isn't amazing when it comes to temps but they have a greater mind share, Just like Nvidia, Customers will go out of their way to defend multi billion dollar companies that have no clue they exist.

Kleptobot
06-06-17, 02:52 AM
10 years ago Intel also had temp issues with their Prescott architecture. As far as the 20c thermal offset, no idea why they launched when that was still an issue. The thing is though AMD have had that thermal offset present since phenom II architecture

NeverBackDown
06-06-17, 05:29 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/wccftech.com/amd-debuts-radeon-pro-vega-unveils-detailed-die-shot-22-tflops-400gbs-8-16-gb-hbm2/amp/

So I guess this is an official high-level die view of the Vega architecture. Revealed today, don't know if this is a clickbait article from Wccftech. I didn't see a source

AlienALX
06-06-17, 12:05 PM

With crap TIM. Thanks for making me laugh, though. :D

AngryGoldfish
06-06-17, 12:15 PM
Intel do make premium products, but premium is just a buzz word if the pricing is so off the mark. You can't excuse a company's anti-consumer practises by claiming premium quality.

AlienALX
06-06-17, 12:46 PM
Intel do make premium products, but premium is just a buzz word if the pricing is so off the mark. You can't excuse a company's anti-consumer practises by claiming premium quality.

Like their premium Skylakes that were so thin they bent with a heavy cooler on.

HJ1mech
06-06-17, 12:49 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/wccftech.com/amd-debuts-radeon-pro-vega-unveils-detailed-die-shot-22-tflops-400gbs-8-16-gb-hbm2/amp/

So I guess this is an official high-level die view of the Vega architecture. Revealed today, don't know if this is a clickbait article from Wccftech. I didn't see a source

It appears to be legit. Looks like AMD have announced the Radeon Pro (Vega) and the Radeon Pro 500 series.
Edit: I'm at work so can't dig much further but looks like the Radeon Pro 500 series info and press release is on AMDs website while the Radeon Pro Vega stuff is coming from Apples website.

AngryGoldfish
06-06-17, 01:16 PM
Like their premium Skylakes that were so thin they bent with a heavy cooler on.

One or even two mishaps on a mainstream range does not necessarily preclude premium from one of their potential taglines, but it does certainly make it even harder to justify and it was hard enough as it was.

AlienALX
06-06-17, 01:34 PM
One or even two mishaps on a mainstream range does not necessarily preclude premium from one of their potential taglines, but it does certainly make it even harder to justify and it was hard enough as it was.

They're not premium products end of man. They're just CPUs, made as cheaply as possible.

Also makes me laugh about this latest "Look 18 cores ETC" AFAIK they have had 16 cored CPUs for about six years. They just decided we were not worthy, or, that they could charge the business sector stupid money for them. If I wanted to I could easily put a 12 core CPU in my X79 board.

I really can't wait for Threadripper to land. Intel's golden goose is about to be smashed to bits. Read a good article this morning about how TR has all of the lanes on all of the CPUs, even the "cheap" ones. Said about how high end users who wanted say a pair of 1080Ti would always have to go to Intel for lanes. And then they would have to go to the expensive Intel (5930k over the 5820k for example) to get those lanes. Said what a con it was (not in those words but yeah..) and then said how TR will turn all of that on its head.

If I were Intel though I would not be worried about what TR is going to do to the gaming sector. They have been charging disproportionate amounts of money for locked, crappy slow CPUs (stupid stuff like 8 core 1.7ghz Ivy) for years now. AMD have had no Opteron because BD would have made a terrible Opteron chip so Intel have been lording it up in the business sector, charging whatever they feel like on that day.

Yeah, see that's about to change now..

AngryGoldfish
06-06-17, 01:54 PM
Intel do make premium products.

Show me where in each Intel segment they have not made at least one premium product. Intel do not just make mainstream CPU's. As you know they have their toes in many different sectors. Within those sectors they make premium products. That's what I'm saying. Their 6700K with its buckling heatspreader, the 7700K with its overheating, the 6950X with its ridiculous price tag, the 5820K with its limited PCI-e lanes, no these are not what I consider premium products as a result of their avoidable flaws, but they are not the only thing Intel produces.

SPS
06-06-17, 02:03 PM
They're not premium products end of man. They're just CPUs, made as cheaply as possible.

Also makes me laugh about this latest "Look 18 cores ETC" AFAIK they have had 16 cored CPUs for about six years. They just decided we were not worthy, or, that they could charge the business sector stupid money for them. If I wanted to I could easily put a 12 core CPU in my X79 board.

They've had 40+ cores for years lol.

TheF34RChannel
06-06-17, 02:11 PM
Why do we have heated discussions about CPU and GPU companies but not RAM, for example? Is it because of the number of players?

AlienALX
06-06-17, 02:20 PM
They've had 40+ cores for years lol.

Yeah I was being a little tentative because I hadn't spent an hour looking at the ARK. But yeah, exactly dude.

Why do we have heated discussions about CPU and GPU companies but not RAM, for example? Is it because of the number of players?

Because RAM is meh. Unless you are a completely anal person 3000mhz memory is 3000 memory. It all does the same sort of thing and all costs pretty much the same money for the same amount.

It's all standard too, so there is no Geforce VS Radeon for example. But hey, give people something go show off with and RAM can be pretty cool (gives Corsair a clap for the Dominator branding).

Korreborg
06-06-17, 04:59 PM
Because people likes to complain :D The crappy TIM have been pointed out 1000s of times.
Again, in my book they are both tossers. They keep making it look like we need to buy their products. Complain about one manufacturer because i can only hit 4,7 GHz because of the TIM, but the CPU from the other manufacturer cant even hit 4 GHz because of its design. I dont get it :p

I'm not a Intel fanboy, but there are a lot of AMD fanboys on this forum :intelwar:
If i needed a new CPU right now i would get a 1700, no questions asked.
But i don't, and that's kind of my point. ;) 3-4 year old CPUs is still good enough for most people.

And for the TIM. IMO, if you don't overclock the Intel TIM is the best solution.
But OC terminology have creeped into peoples minds, and higher temp = Dead CPU in the long run. But if you don't put in extra volts. and stay below 105c i don't believe there will be a problem for 99,9% of users.

And if you OC. I'm a low noise guy. i have hit 4,4GHz on my 4670k and currently 4,5GHz on my 4790k on stock volts. And the temps are fine, on a H100i with ML120 with custom fan profile. (used to be SP120 quiet edition)
(I haven't tried to stress my new (used) CPU yet, as i'm finishing my Thesis, and don't want to risk a crash when i'm writing)

Long story short. You are gonna hit a limit at some point, but is that the manufacturers problem? It works as they intend it to. And when you hit the limit, Intel TIM is more safe to delid = Win - Win :D

Its like the EVGA VRM problems. People assume its a temp problem, but its not. But the manufacturer still needs to solve a problem that's not even there :eek:

NeverBackDown
06-06-17, 05:09 PM
I'm not a Intel fanboy, but there are a lot of AMD fanboys on this forum :intelwar:

We definitely do not have amd fanboys. Stop trying to call people out. Most people here don't even use AMD.

Guys this is not a thread for lengthy discussion, this is quick news. We need to take it somewhere else

Korreborg
06-06-17, 05:17 PM
Guys this is not a thread for lengthy discussion, this is quick news. We need to take it somewhere else
Agreed. We wont come to an understanding anyway :D

TheF34RChannel
06-06-17, 09:01 PM
Did anyone else see how Intel removed their recommended customer prices for Core X on the ark site, or am I losing my mind? https://ark.intel.com/products/family/123588/Intel-Core-X-series-Processors I swear I saw them on a few days ago.

AlienALX
06-06-17, 10:04 PM
Agreed. We wont come to an understanding anyway :D

We certainly won't if you go around calling people fanboys.

Korreborg
06-06-17, 10:57 PM
We certainly won't if you go around calling people fanboys.
I felt this was sent my way "Customers will go out of their way to defend multi billion dollar companies that have no clue they exist."
So i sendt something back ;) But you are apparently putting more into the word fanboy than i am :huh:

AlienALX
06-06-17, 11:07 PM
I felt this was sent my way "Customers will go out of their way to defend multi billion dollar companies that have no clue they exist."
So i sendt something back ;) But you are apparently putting more into the word fanboy than i am :huh:

Are you 12?

Korreborg
06-06-17, 11:35 PM
Are you 12?
? Are you 92? Its one word said in a forum. Its not the justice system.
We have an exchange of opinions and i try to use smilies so people can se that things are said with a glimpse in the eye. But in my eyes, it seems that you take it a bit personal :stickpoke: :D

I will leave it here. If you want to dissus it any more, then make a new thread, and i will be more than happy to discus it :cool::D;):p (By the way i'm 32 :rock:)

NeverBackDown
07-06-17, 05:00 PM
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Big info drop on Total War Warhammer and Historical.
Basically, they are releasing 3 more dlc, one free, for Warhammer 1 before 2 arrives. The DLC is going to be a race pack with special campaign effects similar to how Bretonnia has a unique peasant effect. Alongside this dlc we are getting FLC as well. So 2 different FLC and one dlc

The historical titles have a huge announcement. 3 different teams are working on 3 different contents for History titles. The biggest and obvious team would be the team working on the next Major Historical title in the series. Another team just working on DLC, major Campaign pack DLC for a recent history title. Most likely Attila. Here is a sneak peak of it.
https://cdn.creative-assembly.com/total-war/com.totalwar.www/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/07144255/IMAGEFORBLOGBG-1024x523.png

And Finally CA is working on a character based title, similar to how Napoleon and Attila are character based. Fall of the Samurai is a good example of how the new content will work. They've done some of this era before but haven't done it justice yet. This release comes before the next Major Historical title.

TheF34RChannel
07-06-17, 06:29 PM
AMD RTG Marketing Team Faked Vega 10 Die Shot

AMD RTG Marketing Team Faked Vega 10 Die Shot – No Info on Die Size Available, First Gaming Cards Still Months Away From Launch

Yesterday, AMD revealed the first die shot of their Vega 10 graphics chip which will debut later this month. AMD has now confirmed that the Vega die shot was not real and was made up by the RTG marketing department.

The news comes straight from Scott Wasson who’s the senior manager of product marketing at AMD (Previously Editor in Chief at The Tech Report). Scott mentions over at his twitter feed that the die shot was not real. He also mentioned that AMD has not released any specifics of die size so all information that is currently roaming the internet is speculation at best.

http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-vega-die-shot-fake/

I wonder how all those bashing the blue and green side for their practices are going to explain away this one ;) :p sorry, had to say it :( (I don't mean people on this forum, just those in general).

AlienALX
07-06-17, 08:45 PM
Vega is a train wreck. No one has really pretended otherwise.

TBH right now it's like some sort of Apple exclusive or something and I would bet they are too busy catering to them.

But yeah, Radeon right now is just in a hole.

AngryGoldfish
07-06-17, 09:49 PM
Maybe AMD are making the card even more powerfu... screw it, Vega is gonna suck. Ha!

Bartacus
07-06-17, 10:39 PM
If I see 1080Ti's on sale, I'm buying.

WYP
08-06-17, 10:16 AM
AMD RTG Marketing Team Faked Vega 10 Die Shot

AMD RTG Marketing Team Faked Vega 10 Die Shot – No Info on Die Size Available, First Gaming Cards Still Months Away From Launch

Yesterday, AMD revealed the first die shot of their Vega 10 graphics chip which will debut later this month. AMD has now confirmed that the Vega die shot was not real and was made up by the RTG marketing department.

The news comes straight from Scott Wasson who’s the senior manager of product marketing at AMD (Previously Editor in Chief at The Tech Report). Scott mentions over at his twitter feed that the die shot was not real. He also mentioned that AMD has not released any specifics of die size so all information that is currently roaming the internet is speculation at best.

http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-vega-die-shot-fake/

I wonder how all those bashing the blue and green side for their practices are going to explain away this one ;) :p sorry, had to say it :( (I don't mean people on this forum, just those in general).

Let's be honest, it was a basic marketing slide for Apple, nothing like a real die-shot. Just the usual rumour mill making nothing into a big thing. Anyone who knows what a real die-shot looks like would know that it is a mere marketing graphic.

http://www.3dcenter.org/dateien/abbildungen/AMD-Fiji-Die-Shot.jpg
This is a die shot

http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/AMD-Vega-Pro-1-1030x575.png
This is a marketing graphic

Avet
08-06-17, 10:35 AM
More shaggy information about Vega... AMD really doesn't want anyone to know.

Warchild
08-06-17, 01:44 PM
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

*Cool Warhammer stuff snipped*

Lets face it, warhammer 40k will come soon or perhaps Age of Sigmar first leading up to 40k. I love the content they push out for this. Perhaps its their most successful TW game so far? or maybe that trophy belongs to TW Rome still.

If 40k is announced, ill be all over it like white on rice, on a paper plate in a snowstorm!

TheF34RChannel
08-06-17, 02:46 PM
Coffeelake 6C/12T 12MB spotted. No CPUID on this, so most likely the first stepping (hence the low clocks).

Intel(R) CPU 0000 @ 3.10GHz (6C 12T 3.1GHz/4.2GHz, 2.7GHz IMC/3.9GHz, 6x 256kB L2, 12MB L3

http://ranker.sisoftware.net/show_run.php?q=c2ffcfe988e9d4ecddefd6e5d3f587ba8aa cc9ac91a187f4c9f1&l=en

Vega is a train wreck. No one has really pretended otherwise.

TBH right now it's like some sort of Apple exclusive or something and I would bet they are too busy catering to them.

But yeah, Radeon right now is just in a hole.

Kinda miffed they aren't out yet, or have a proper release date with specs out. I am very curious about the cards!

TheF34RChannel
08-06-17, 06:20 PM
Another milestone for 10nm: Cannon Lake on track and we’ve now taped in Ice Lake, our 2nd-generation 10nm product.

https://twitter.com/intelnews/status/872844756845379584 (if twitter is good enough for Trumpy, it's good enough for me ugh)

Ice Lake launching in H2-2018 is a real possibility, maybe as soon as August-September (1 year after Coffee Lake-S 'K'). Also heard they taped in recently, not only 'now'.

evilcorp
08-06-17, 09:10 PM
Payday 2 is currently free on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/218620/PAYDAY_2/

NeverBackDown
08-06-17, 09:40 PM
Lets face it, warhammer 40k will come soon or perhaps Age of Sigmar first leading up to 40k. I love the content they push out for this. Perhaps its their most successful TW game so far? or maybe that trophy belongs to TW Rome still.

If 40k is announced, ill be all over it like white on rice, on a paper plate in a snowstorm!

In terms of revenue and by per title (including dlc) it is by far there most successful title. However it hasn't sold more or made more than all the previous games combined. I know that's not shocking but they give us figures for that every once in a while so it's really the only thing we can compare too

Dicehunter
09-06-17, 09:04 AM
Finally a Corsair 360mm AIO, Confirmed at Computex, Shown at 2:41 -

s8_tIdJWk2o

TheF34RChannel
09-06-17, 11:12 AM
Remember my saying Intel Ark had its prices removed? Well as I've suspected, they've been lowered:

i9-7900X (13.75M cache, 10 Cores, 20 Threads, 3.30 GHz, 14nm) - $989
i7-7820X (11M cache, 8 Cores, 16 Threads, 3.60 GHz, 14nm) - $589
i7-7800X (8.25M cache, 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 3.50 GHz, 14nm) - $383
i7-7740X (8M cache, 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 4.30 GHz, 14nm) - $339
i5-7640X (6M cache, 4 Cores, 4 Threads, 4.00 GHz, 14nm) $242

https://s21.q4cdn.com/600692695/files/doc_downloads/cpu_price/Jun_07_17_Recommended_Customer_Price_List_updated. pdf

Dicehunter
09-06-17, 11:15 AM
Remember my saying Intel Ark had its prices removed? Well as I've suspected, they've been lowered:

i9-7900X (13.75M cache, 10 Cores, 20 Threads, 3.30 GHz, 14nm) - $989
i7-7820X (11M cache, 8 Cores, 16 Threads, 3.60 GHz, 14nm) - $589
i7-7800X (8.25M cache, 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 3.50 GHz, 14nm) - $383
i7-7740X (8M cache, 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 4.30 GHz, 14nm) - $339
i5-7640X (6M cache, 4 Cores, 4 Threads, 4.00 GHz, 14nm) $242

https://s21.q4cdn.com/600692695/files/doc_downloads/cpu_price/Jun_07_17_Recommended_Customer_Price_List_updated. pdf

If the rumoured price of Threadripper is correct then Intel are going to have a hard time convincing people to buy their 10 core when a 16 core CPU can be had for less than $900.

TheF34RChannel
09-06-17, 11:17 AM
If the rumoured price of Threadripper is correct then Intel are going to have a hard time convincing people to buy their 10 core when a 16 core CPU can be had for less than $900.

And in all fairness, a $10 reduction is a bit laughable.

Dicehunter
09-06-17, 12:03 PM

Indeedy !

AngryGoldfish
09-06-17, 12:07 PM

HAHA! I didn't even notice that. I was just impressed Intel lowered their prices. I didn't actually see by how much. $10 is almost confirming the knee-jerk reaction this range has shown itself to be; they didn't even have the prices down to the dollar yet.

Korreborg
09-06-17, 02:14 PM
The biggest problem IMO is the 1600 and 1700. They are more in the price range of most people. 1700 is 299$ Intel wants twice that :nutkick:
But lets see how they perform :)

AlienALX
09-06-17, 02:27 PM
The biggest problem IMO is the 1600 and 1700. They are more in the price range of most people. 1700 is 299$ Intel wants twice that :nutkick:
But lets see how they perform :)

The problem for Intel is not how they will perform. As you have just said, the Intel CPU will cost double that of the AMD. So it would need to be *at least* twice as fast and we all know that is never going to happen.

That is the problem of letting the market stagnate. People simply do not need twice the performance for twice the money. A CPU that costs double that of another, for example, will not give you twice the FPS in a game. On the contrary there is practically bugger all difference between a £200 CPU and a £2000 CPU for gaming.

Korreborg
09-06-17, 02:38 PM
It was kind of a joke. If they can do 5GHz some will still buy them :D
But when looking at people i know, most just surfe an game light games at 1080p
You dont need a massive CPU for that. I'm happy as long as my CPU does not bottleneck my GPU.

AlienALX
09-06-17, 02:41 PM
That is why they are releasing Kaby on X299 tbh and a major reason of all of the confusion. I reckon they are doing it to boast "Look, 5GHZ !!".

Bartacus
09-06-17, 02:47 PM
Funny thing is my games are smooth as silk with my Ryzen rig (1700 non-X), and I reverted to STOCK settings. Memory at 2133 (even though I have 3600CL15 ram), CPU at stock, and Prey is buttery smooth at 4K with my pair of 980s. Back when I was OCing, I had the CPU at 3.8, memory at 3466, and had nothing but stability problems even with decent volts. Reverting back to stock for testing made me realize just how good gaming can be *IF* the CPU takes advantage of Ryzen's cores, and it seems Prey does just that. So here I am, gaming at 3.2Ghz stock on the CPU, and it's a REALLY impressive experience. Based on this one single game (small sample size I know), I've become convinced that if games are properly core optimized, IPC means next to nothing.

TheF34RChannel
10-06-17, 01:17 PM
Not sure if this qualifies as news, feel free to move it if not Mark.

On Skylake-X its overclocking potential:

8Pack from OCUK, had this to say after his testing, and I think those interested in buying will be pleased:

8Pack: X299 Skylake X is clocking like a monster on ambient. Well at least the 10-12 cores are. QS ES 14-18 not ready yet. So believe me Intel can easily reach and way outperform what Thread ripper is offering in terms of clocks and performance. Obviously the cost will be higher even for a lower core count if you go with Intel but performance higher per core and OC headroom much better.

Man they will clock good dont you worry about that. Intel are not playing here. I am talking all Cores 24-7 prime non-avx stable. I dont run any benches on X299 Skylake X CPUs that don't benefit high cores and HT. 12 Core 5.9ghz LN2 NO PROBLEM and thats with quad channel mems 4000mhz C12-12-12-26 1T....... Remember 8 Core Ryzen is struggling to hit more than 5.2ghz+ with much lower RAM under the same cooling and benches............

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/30867993

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/30868046

Continued by impressive results by der8auer:

New video with a transcript below it:

kpoies2JcmI

der8auer: From my point of view Skylake-X is a pretty impressive CPU. We now have have a 10-core that's a lot cheaper than the Broadwell-E before and it clocks a lot higher. Even with the stock Intel paste I was able to reach 4.8 GHz on the CPU (i9-7900X) using Corsair 280 (mm) AIO. So there is still some headroom, I guess if you use a custom new water cooling you might be able to hit 4.9 GHz on a very very good chip without delidding. So after this test I delidded the CPU and replaced the stock TIM with liquid metal and this helped me push the CPU with an AIO to 5 GHz.

So we had Broadwell-E before who could run like 4.3-4.4 GHz, it cost 1700€. Now we have Skylake-X which is a lot cheaper and we CAN push it to 5 GHz, so what's all this negative press about? I don't really understand it. So from my point of view this is a very impressive CPU, so we have very high single-thread performance on the 10-core and also high MT performance, which we didn't have before in a Broadwell-E (probably comparing to mainstream).

...I think you can maybe hit 5.1 GHz on a custom water cooling loop if you have a very very good chip. Keep in mind that this chip was already pre-tested so it's already a really good CPU. On average CPU you might be able to get 4.7-4.8 GHz if you delidded it and on a pre tested CPU 5 GHz should be possible.

Looks like AMD will have the price/performance, as per usual, however the pure performance award has to go to Intel (all most likely by the looks of it from the little that's been released and isn't questionable).

AlienALX
10-06-17, 01:24 PM
Couple of things to note.

Firstly 8 Pack works for OCUK, so would tell you a dog poo is amazing, buy it now, it's great etc. Now sure, he's hitting 5ghz but he usually has the entire OEM supply to bin from. Even if he didn't bin then Intel probably would have before handing him a CPU. Same goes for der8auer.

Secondly, Threadripper will no doubt just get cheaper. Since launch Ryzen has dropped quite nicely. I would also strongly imagine that you can get a cheapish board for TR, where as you won't for X299.

Thirdly no one has mentioned TDP. We already know that at stock AMD's Ryzen is amazing. Far better than anything Intel have out per core. Sure, they are hitting 5.1ghz, but what is the cost?

Just my thoughts. Two guys trying desperately to make things sound better than they are.

It still doesn't have the lanes and you can't magic them up out of thin air like you can with an overclock.

TheF34RChannel
10-06-17, 01:28 PM
Couple of things to note.

Firstly 8 Pack works for OCUK, so would tell you a dog poo is amazing, buy it now, it's great etc. Now sure, he's hitting 5ghz but he usually has the entire OEM supply to bin from. Even if he didn't bin then Intel probably would have before handing him a CPU. Same goes for der8auer.

Secondly, Threadripper will no doubt just get cheaper. Since launch Ryzen has dropped quite nicely. I would also strongly imagine that you can get a cheapish board for TR, where as you won't for X299.

Thirdly no one has mentioned TDP. We already know that at stock AMD's Ryzen is amazing. Far better than anything Intel have out per core. Sure, they are hitting 5.1ghz, but what is the cost?

Just my thoughts. Two guys trying desperately to make things sound better than they are.

It still doesn't have the lanes and you can't magic them up out of thin air like you can with an overclock.

Perhaps... Perhaps not...

I do think that if this was AMD news and not Intel news everyone would rejoice instead of questioning it ;) But like I said, maybe, maybe not. We'll know soon.

AngryGoldfish
10-06-17, 01:50 PM
I've seen 8Pack praise Fury overclocking as he has hundreds of versions to choose from while the average consumer does not have that luxury. It's quite possible that X299 will overclock really well, which is very exciting and good news for Intel, but I don't think it will warrant the huge price increase over Threadripper just like the higher clock speeds of Broadwell-E, Haswell-E and even Kaby Lake don't make them worth it. But that's just me. I'd love an 8-core 4.8Ghz CPU from Intel, but not enough to pay €1000+ for it.

AlienALX
10-06-17, 03:41 PM
Perhaps... Perhaps not...

I do think that if this was AMD news and not Intel news everyone would rejoice instead of questioning it ;) But like I said, maybe, maybe not. We'll know soon.

Intel always do this. Devil's Canyon was going to hit 5ghz. All of the review samples made it there. Then you bought one and unless you delidded it and had a good one you couldn't get 5ghz. Instead you would get 4.4-4.6.

So then Skylake was definitely, 100% going to do 5ghz. Review samples hit up to 5.2. Then again in the cold light of day it was 4.6-4.8. You could get 5 if you delidded yada yada.

So then Kabylake was going to do 5ghz for every one. Again, it didn't. 4.8-4.9 all day 5ghz if you had awesome cooling or delidded.

So Intel have kinda been waving the 5ghz carrot for a long time now. That was how they sold their 3% because apparently it could clock far higher.

And that's why I think they are releasing Kaby on X299. So that they can have a 5ghz CPU possibly. However, it's confusing the crap out of the platform IMO. Dual channels, quad channels, no IGPU etc etc. Everything every one has said, basically.

Also, going back to that 8 Pack stuff. He states -

So believe me Intel can easily reach and way outperform what Thread ripper is offering in terms of clocks and performance.

Erm, how does he know? correct me if I am wrong here but there are no TR systems in the hands of any one yet right? so how does he know this and come out and categorically state that?

TBH whenever some one has to say "believe me" they are already talking poo. It sounds to me like X299 may be for sale before TR comes out. Hence he is doing what OCUK pay him to do, set the bait.

Maybe he's just peeved that Ryzen isn't a toy for him? I dunno. I just don't see how a 10 core CPU will out do a 16 core CPU, even if there is a 1ghz disparity.

AngryGoldfish
10-06-17, 03:55 PM
And you also have to factor into account how many people actually overclock that high. A large percentage of the market, even in the HEDT sector don't overclock that much. They might squeeze a few hundred megahertz out of their CPU or GPU, but that's it. So while a new 10-core CPU from Intel CAN clock to 4.8Ghz by a professional overclocker who's job is to sell CPU's and has thousands to choose from, the general populous will stick with stock speeds. Even enthusiasts often stick with stock speeds if the CPU serves its purpose at its rated speed. Therefore the selling point of the elusive 5Ghz is moot.

TheF34RChannel
10-06-17, 04:23 PM
A 10C can only outdo 16C, in my mind, in ST workloads if the former has the higher frequency and IPC advantage. In MT it won't do other. So agreed :D

And oh yeah I don't expect the 99% of samples hitting 5GHz and personally I won't aim for it. With 4.5-4.6 all cores I'm a happy camper.

Dicehunter
10-06-17, 05:09 PM
Cool but still not giving Intel my money, Ryzen was a good eye opener that you can have 99% of the performance of both a 6900K for workloads and a 7700K for games, Sometimes exceeding both, Without paying stupid money, Sticking with AMD for the foreseeable future.

TheF34RChannel
11-06-17, 02:53 PM
Attackers hold Cyperpunk 2077 development files to ransom

CD Projekt Red, best known for its The Witcher franchise, has warned fans that attackers unknown have made off with internal files relating to upcoming sci-fi role-playing game Cyberpunk 2077 and are threatening to leak them if their demands for payment are not met.

http://m.bit-tech.net/33685/

NeverBackDown
11-06-17, 05:06 PM
Attackers hold Cyperpunk 2077 development files to ransom

CD Projekt Red, best known for its The Witcher franchise, has warned fans that attackers unknown have made off with internal files relating to upcoming sci-fi role-playing game Cyberpunk 2077 and are threatening to leak them if their demands for payment are not met.

http://m.bit-tech.net/33685/

I loved their response to them. Basically told the hackers get bent ^_^

TheF34RChannel
11-06-17, 06:41 PM
I loved their response to them. Basically told the hackers get bent ^_^

Yep great response!!

AngryGoldfish
11-06-17, 07:44 PM
The new BIOS' that supports AGESA version 1006 for Ryzen shows some nice gains in overclocking. A couple of users on OCN are reporting considerably lower voltages required to hit the same frequency. 4Ghz is still pretty much the limit, but 3.9Ghz overclocks required less voltage.

for my setup;
1004, 3.95ghz needs 1.4v to boot, but its a wonky oc. intermittent freezes and crashes when using it.
never gone past 4.0ghz for 1004
3000 ram kit runs @ 2933

1006, 4.01ghz needs 1.38v to boot and its rock solid, no crash no freeze when using it.
3000 ram kit runs @3200

if i wants to lower the voltages i will have to lower the clock too,
3.8 @ 1.24v~1.26v

and i feel theres a little headroom left to oc, but just going to wait for the next update.
going to use this settings for now.

This is incredible, 3.9ghz set at 1.3375v in the BIOS, stable! New record for me. Couldnt get 3.9 stable at 1.4v before on the old AGESA code.

Korreborg
11-06-17, 09:42 PM
But that's the thing about x299 for some people a a few 100 bucks does not matter

A 1800x vs a 7820x the extra money is justified if they can delid and use custom water and hit 4,8-5 Ghz instead of "just" 4 ghz on ryzen.
I hope TR is awsome, but i'm not a 100% sure it will be that optimized if a 16 core is 2x8 cores in one. Just look at SLI, yes, sometimes its great, sometime, not so much :D

Damien c
12-06-17, 12:17 PM
This looks like it could be really good and I am going to be keeping an eye on it.

It looks like it is going to be similar to Destiny which for me after playing Destiny as much as I have I cannot see that being a bad thing.

wi0Uq7QmKm4

EL5GSfs9fi4

After watching the gameplay reveal though it also seems to have a feel of Horizon Zero Dawn and a few other games.

Release date from what I have seen is around November 2018 for all platforms.

I think this could be another game I play alongside Destiny 2.

AngryGoldfish
12-06-17, 12:52 PM
But that's the thing about x299 for some people a a few 100 bucks does not matter

A 1800x vs a 7820x the extra money is justified if they can delid and use custom water and hit 4,8-5 Ghz instead of "just" 4 ghz on ryzen.
I hope TR is awsome, but i'm not a 100% sure it will be that optimized if a 16 core is 2x8 cores in one. Just look at SLI, yes, sometimes its great, sometime, not so much :D

SLI is a completely different technology though. While the principle of pairing two identical devices together is the same, it's an apples to oranges comparison. A more apples to apples comparison would be to look at the Ryzen 5 4c/8t vs the Ryzen 7 8c/16t CPU that works very well using two 4-core complexes. Considering the 1800X is almost twice as fast as the 1500X, using that as a point of reference, a 16-core TR CPU could be twice as powerful as the 1800X minus the clock speed deficiency.

TheF34RChannel
12-06-17, 01:48 PM
Anthem - looks interesting, I'll put it on the list!

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider @ E3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTq5pCTOI4o

From the award-winning developers at Arkane® Studios comesDishonored®: Death of the Outsider, the first standalone adventure in the critically-acclaimedDishonored®series. Be a badass supernatural assassin and take on the role of notorious Billie Lurk as she reunites with her mentor Daud in order to pull off the greatest assassination ever conceived. To complete your mission you’ll have to journey deep into the seedy underbelly of Karnaca, where you’ll unravel some the city’s darkest secrets. Along the way you’ll infiltrate underground fight clubs and black magic cults, and retrieve ancient artifacts in a thrilling bank heist mission that sets the table for your greatest mission ever.

Korreborg
12-06-17, 02:03 PM
a 16-core TR CPU could be twice as powerful as the 1800X minus the clock speed deficiency.
I hope you are right :D I'm just skeptical :mellow:
I also hope that the kabylake-X will be awesome. 7,5 GHz on LN2. Maybe 5,5 GHz will be possible on water :D Not that i am getting any of them unless i win the lottery :)

Wraith
13-06-17, 04:19 AM
Well this makes for interesting reading, although with Ryzen not being adopted fast enough and also Vega these stats speak volumes.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

NeverBackDown
13-06-17, 04:33 AM
Well this makes for interesting reading, although with Ryzen not being adopted fast enough and also Vega these stats speak volumes.

I don't see how this speaks volumes. Steam HW is not an accurate source. Only for the simple reason, not all systems participate in the survey. Obviously Ryzen is not going to blow up the charts since it just launched, but it is climbing. While it is climbing it still is a small amount in the grand scheme of things on top of that it also depends if any or even all of users who are using Ryzen participated in the survey. And they didn't. So it's inconclusive.
Vega isn't even relevant in those stats. The only thing I could see happening, which btw the stats don't show, is that it is going to take a long time to release, so Nvidias high tier cards like the 1070 would increase in sales. But the survey doesn't show that. Although we know in reality it is actually increasing simply due to the fact that Nvidias sales projection is expected to be yet again a large increase. This is a more reliable source than Steams HW.

I don't see how this speaks volumes. Steam HW is not an accurate source. Only for the simple reason not all systems participate in the survey. Obviously Ryzen is not going to blow up the charts since it just launched, but it is climbing. While it is climbing it still is a small amount in the grand scheme of things on top of that it also depends if any or even all of users who are using Ryzen participated in the survey. And they didn't. So it's inconclusive.
Vega isn't even relevant in those stats. The only thing I could see happening, which btw the stats don't show, is that it is going to take a long time to release, so Nvidias high tier cards like the 1070 would increase in sales. But the survey doesn't show that. Although we know in reality it is actually increasing simply due to the fact that Nvidias sales projection is expected to be yet again a large increase. This is a more reliable source than Steams HW.
The manufacturers sales report are a better indication than Steams HW survey. Or a 3rd party study that analyzes the data and reports a rough estimate. Really Steams HW is like a last resort..

Dicehunter
13-06-17, 04:42 AM
a 16-core TR CPU could be twice as powerful as the 1800X minus the clock speed deficiency.

I reckon it will be faster in productivity applications but I'm not expecting anything huge over the 1800X for gaming as this is basically 2 x 1800X's stuck together, Maybe a few percent in games, Maybe nothing depending on if the game makes use of the extra cores/threads or not, IPC wise it is an 1800X.

NeverBackDown
13-06-17, 04:46 AM
I reckon it will be faster in productivity applications but I'm not expecting anything huge over the 1800X for gaming as this is basically 2 x 1800X's stuck together, Maybe a few percent in games, Maybe nothing depending on if the game makes use of the extra cores/threads or not, IPC wise it is an 1800X.

Core for core the Ryzen architecture is better at multi-threading than Intel's Skylake. But with such a high clockspeed advantage over Ryzen, it will probably just go to whatever is optimized the most for that specific software.

Dicehunter
13-06-17, 05:00 AM
Core for core the Ryzen architecture is better at multi-threading than Intel's Skylake. But with such a high clockspeed advantage over Ryzen, it will probably just go to whatever is optimized the most for that specific software.

I was comparing the 1800X to the top end Threadripper not Skylake, Meaning the top end Threadripper will most likely not perform any better in games than the 1800X as it's the exact same IPC, Just 2 x 1800X's linked on 1 x PCB, Maybe a few % more in games but nothing otherworldly or meaningful.

NeverBackDown
13-06-17, 05:10 AM
I was comparing the 1800X to the top end Threadripper not Skylake, Meaning the top end Threadripper will most likely not perform any better in games than the 1800X as it's the exact same IPC, Just 2 x 1800X's linked on 1 x PCB, Maybe a few % more in games but nothing otherworldly or meaningful.

I know, was just expanding on what I also thought it's performance potential would be.^_^

Dicehunter
13-06-17, 05:12 AM
I know, was just expanding on what I also thought it's performance potential would be.^_^

Ahh gotcha, Sorry it's 6am and I haven't had my morning coffee yet ^_^

NeverBackDown
13-06-17, 05:26 AM
Ahh gotcha, Sorry it's 6am and I haven't had my morning coffee yet ^_^

Coffee is gross. Not as bad as tea though:p

WYP
13-06-17, 08:55 AM

Not really, Valve has nowhere near enough participants in their surveys. When was the last time you were asked to participate in one?

Steam could force all o their users to participate, but they won't. If the data was useful to them they would have already collected it.

AlienALX
13-06-17, 10:39 AM
TBH most of the guys who I know who have bought Ryzen don't even use Steam. They've bought it for productivity and servers etc.

Dell/Alienware announce Threadripper Area 51 and new peripherals.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/06/alienware-now-has-new-mice-keyboards-and-monitors-plus-a-threadripper-area-51/

So that's it then the rumour that started it all was spot on :)

Ages ago some one found an entry on Sandra? was it, that had Alienware as the OEM and an unidentified AMD CPU with 12 cores.

AngryGoldfish
13-06-17, 11:29 AM
I haven't been asked to add to the Steam survey in ages. I don't know whether they collect my data without asking, but I do know they haven't asked me.

AlienALX
13-06-17, 12:10 PM
I haven't been asked to add to the Steam survey in ages. I don't know whether they collect my data without asking, but I do know they haven't asked me.

I go 2-3 months without even logging in these days. Then it updates and restarts, then it nags me do I want to take a survey? no, not really.

NeverBackDown
13-06-17, 05:50 PM
http://www.pcgamer.com/a-new-middle-earth-shadow-of-war-cinematic-reveals-the-blade-of-galadriel/

So Shadow of War's first DLC pack was revealed with a short video/teaser. We've known the name of it for a while, but it's the first time we got any DLC looks since the announcement of the game.

Damien c
14-06-17, 06:09 AM
AMD's Threadripper cpu's are going to be exclusive to Alienware pc's till the end of the year, but self builders and smaller OEM's will have access to them once released.

HP, Lenovo and other larger system builders though will not be able to offer Threadripper based systems till 2018.

Source 1: www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3011854/amd-threadripper-alienware-exclusive

Source 2: www.pcworld.com/article/3197759/computers/amd-threadripper-exclusive-only-alienwares-area-51-will-have-it-in-2017.html

DELL SUBSIDIARY Alienware is probably feeling quite pleased with itself, having announced that it has secured an exclusive on AMD's 16-core Threadripper CPU until the end of the year.

Dicehunter
14-06-17, 11:01 AM
Creatives new soundcard, With added RGB XD

http://hexus.net/tech/news/peripherals/106957-creative-sound-blasterx-ae-5-rgb-soundcard-launched-e3/

http://hexus.net/media/uploaded/2017/6/18e0a844-be15-41e9-bbc4-fdc9f5fbdfeb.jpg

SuB
14-06-17, 11:08 AM
Creatives new soundcard, With added RGB XD

http://hexus.net/tech/news/peripherals/106957-creative-sound-blasterx-ae-5-rgb-soundcard-launched-e3/

http://hexus.net/media/uploaded/2017/6/18e0a844-be15-41e9-bbc4-fdc9f5fbdfeb.jpg

Oh for pete's sake...
Lets see how bare the PCB is this time, since they've opted for the "it's hidden" method again..

also lol at "scout rader" that's an overlay that will trigger quite a few "anti-cheat" triggers me thinks...

AlienALX
14-06-17, 11:26 AM
AMD's Threadripper cpu's are going to be exclusive to Alienware pc's till the end of the year, but self builders and smaller OEM's will have access to them once released.

HP, Lenovo and other larger system builders though will not be able to offer Threadripper based systems till 2018.

Source 1: www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3011854/amd-threadripper-alienware-exclusive

Source 2: www.pcworld.com/article/3197759/computers/amd-threadripper-exclusive-only-alienwares-area-51-will-have-it-in-2017.html

PCWorld reports that the exclusive deal only applies to Alienware's big-name PC rivals including HP and Lenovo, noting that "smaller boutique gaming PC vendors", including the likes of Origin PC, Maingear, iBuypower and Cyberpower, will be able to build Threadripper systems. DIY PC builders will have access to AMD's 16-core, 32-thread chips this year.

Ed. I wouldn't say it's a massive win. It's Origin they need to look out for. I doubt HP or Lenovo would have used them in desktops any way, given that HP only makes the odd one and Lenovo are all about the cheaps these days.

TheF34RChannel
15-06-17, 01:22 PM
AMD EPYC 7000 series specs and performance

Launches 20 June

https://videocardz.com/70266/amd-epyc-7000-series-specs-and-performance-leaked

NeverBackDown
15-06-17, 09:12 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/seekingalpha.com/amp/news/3273819-amd-intel-among-doe-supercomputer-contract-winners

breaking news
Just announced so very little details, but keep an eye on it.
AMD and Intel along with 4 other companies have been contracted by the US Government to research what is needed to deploy an Exascale level Supercomputer for the US Government.

mb67
15-06-17, 11:09 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/seekingalpha.com/amp/news/3273819-amd-intel-among-doe-supercomputer-contract-winners

breaking news
Just announced so very little details, but keep an eye on it.
AMD and Intel along with 4 other companies have been contracted by the US Government to research needed to deploy an Exascale level Supercomputer for the US Government.

https://m.popkey.co/a971df/DoJGq.gif

AngryGoldfish
16-06-17, 11:48 AM
AMD - Armed Mechanical Destroyers.

TheF34RChannel
16-06-17, 03:10 PM
GeForce GTX Volta cards will use GDDR5X instead of HBM2

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/upcoming-geforce-gtx-cards-use-gddr5x-not-hbm2.html

Dicehunter
16-06-17, 03:18 PM

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/upcoming-geforce-gtx-cards-use-gddr5x-not-hbm2.html

Would make sense to use a refined GDDR5X rather than HBM2, Even on the 1080 Ti you can overclock the memory to give you a bandwidth of 528GB/s, If HBM2 in general only does 480GB/s and costs much more it makes no sense to use it.

TheF34RChannel
16-06-17, 03:29 PM
Would make sense to use a refined GDDR5X rather than HBM2, Even on the 1080 Ti you can overclocked the memory to give you a bandwidth of 528GB/s, If HBM2 in general only does 480GB/s and costs much more it makes no sense to use it.

Absolutely! As long as it works I'm good.

Intel Core i9-7900X (Skylake-X) Review

https://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2017/06/16/intel-core-i9-7900x-and-x299-chipset-revie/1

Dicehunter
16-06-17, 03:49 PM
Intel Core i9-7900X (Skylake-X) Review

https://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2017/06/16/intel-core-i9-7900x-and-x299-chipset-revie/1

Little bit odd that they stuck the 1800X in there which is under half the price of the 7900.

TheF34RChannel
16-06-17, 04:07 PM
Little bit odd that they stuck the 1800X in there which is under half the price of the 7900.

For the lack of TR, they say.

Another:

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/cpu/107017-intel-core-i9-7900x-14nm-skylake-x/

AlienALX
16-06-17, 04:46 PM

Why is it odd? I mean it's an 8c 16t chip.

This is an impressive CPU from Intel but the price is lol. For less than 1/3 of that you can get a 1700.

8 cores ATM yes please. More than that? yeah, could take a while for those to be used.

WYP
16-06-17, 05:21 PM
Hmm, it seems that Bit-Tech and Hexus have broken NDA. Pretty crappy of them TBH, throwing the guidelines that are in place to promote fairness within the industry away in order to get some quick fame and ad revenue.

There will be a lot of angry reviewers right now who will no doubt be infuriated that they still need to keep NDA while other sites are doing this.

Both websites are owned by the same guy BTW.

While a lot of people will be happy to see these results early, it must be remembered that Hexus and Bit-tech have effectively destroyed the level playing field that product reviews like this usually have, which is hugely damaging to smaller sites.

AngryGoldfish
16-06-17, 05:25 PM

Makes sense. It's clear that Nvidia don't need the most advanced memory to make epic GPU's. If they use more affordable technology maybe Volta will actually be more accessible.

Hmm, it seems that Bit-Tech and Hexus have broken NDA. Pretty crappy of them TBH, throwing the guidelines that are in place to promote fairness within the industry away in order to get some quick fame and ad revenue.

There will be a lot of angry reviewers right now who will no doubt be infuriated that they still need to keep NDA while other sites are doing this.

While a lot of people will be happy to see these results early, it must be remembered that Hexus and Bit-tech have effectively destroyed the level playing field that product reviews like this usually have, which is hugely damaging to smaller sites.

Does it make any difference that Bit-Tech says they weren't supplied the chip by Intel?

TheF34RChannel
16-06-17, 05:29 PM

Agreed!!

Bartacus
16-06-17, 05:35 PM
Oooh, didn't even notice that. Maybe they thought it was the 16th instead of the 19th? Because a 6 is an upside-down 9? :)

WYP
16-06-17, 06:00 PM
Does it make any difference that Bit-Tech says they weren't supplied the chip by Intel?

It is very common to be supplied a chip by powers outside of Intel, usually motherboard vendors or retailers, but that still does not undo the fact that they have broken embargo.

They can claim that they have not signed one, but the motherboard vendor whose product they used certainly did. They are attempting to skirt the rules of the Intel embargo, but it is nonetheless broken.

Regardless they knew when the embargo was and both sites posted at the same time so that both can gain, making this seem like more of a calculated strategy rather than a management screw up.

The whole point of a review embargo is to give enough time for people to review without rushing and to prevent smaller sites from being steamrolled by larger enterprises that have more staff to dish out a full review early. The review embargo is designed to promote fairness, which is thrown out the window when sites break it.

Dicehunter
16-06-17, 06:59 PM
For the lack of TR, they say.

Makes sense I suppose.

Why is it odd? I mean it's an 8c 16t chip.

This is an impressive CPU from Intel but the price is lol. For less than 1/3 of that you can get a 1700.

8 cores ATM yes please. More than that? yeah, could take a while for those to be used.

Just thought it was weird comparing 2 completely different platforms with some very huge price differences but as The F34R Channel was due to lack of TR.

AlienALX
16-06-17, 08:19 PM
Platform is irrelevant IMO. They could have easily released a 12 core or more on X99. They've chosen to release this CPU on X299 but at the end of the day comparing a CPU is comparing it to another CPU.

X370 might not have the bells and whistles X299 does but that doesn't matter, it's all about the CPU performance.

It will definitely be interesting when TR hits the shelves though. Far more AMD products to throw into the mix :)

It is very common to be supplied a chip by powers outside of Intel, usually motherboard vendors or retailers, but that still does not undo the fact that they have broken embargo.

They can claim that they have not signed one, but the motherboard vendor whose product they used certainly did. They are attempting to skirt the rules of the Intel embargo, but it is nonetheless broken.

Regardless they knew when the embargo was and both sites posted at the same time so that both can gain, making this seem like more of a calculated strategy rather than a management screw up.

The whole point of a review embargo is to give enough time for people to review without rushing and to prevent smaller sites from being steamrolled by larger enterprises that have more staff to dish out a full review early. The review embargo is designed to promote fairness, which is thrown out the window when sites break it.

If you are not under NDA then it doesn't matter does it? what if I got my hands on a 7900x or whatever it's called? should I have to sit here silent?

I will keep my ears to the ground but I don't think they would break any agreements.

AngryGoldfish
16-06-17, 09:34 PM

I understand. I agree that even if no NDA was signed, as a mark of respect and togetherness with the community, I would hold off on publishing the article.

AlienALX
16-06-17, 09:52 PM
I understand. I agree that even if no NDA was signed, as a mark of respect and togetherness with the community, I would hold off on publishing the article.

Oh come on man seriously? these websites are all about the exclusives. Always were and always will be.

mb67
16-06-17, 10:13 PM
Oh come on man seriously? these websites are all about the exclusives. Always were and always will be.

That still doesn't make it right, or justified.

Just my opinion of course.

AlienALX
17-06-17, 09:20 AM
That still doesn't make it right, or justified.

Just my opinion of course.

http://i.imgur.com/oJnmvWN.jpg

Is that enough exclusives to convince you?

As I said, with these websites it's all about getting something first. Kinda like the press. And having it first means more attention/hits which means you will do better than some one without them.

I'm not having a go at any one here (especially Tom, even though it seems like it) I am just telling you how it is. Tom will take any exclusive he can get as will any journalist. And that is 90% of Tom's job.

mb67
17-06-17, 10:28 AM
http://i.imgur.com/oJnmvWN.jpg

Is that enough exclusives to convince you?

As I said, with these websites it's all about getting something first. Kinda like the press. And having it first means more attention/hits which means you will do better than some one without them.

I'm not having a go at any one here (especially Tom, even though it seems like it) I am just telling you how it is. Tom will take any exclusive he can get as will any journalist. And that is 90% of Tom's job.
8min 41sec Kind of says it best.

https://youtu.be/zImCZHfDq5s?t=8m41s

AngryGoldfish
17-06-17, 12:25 PM

As a mark of respect and togetherness with the community, I would hold off on publishing the article.

Emphasis on 'I would'.

I'm not on this forum to praise Tom blindly. I don't know the guy and I don't trust him without conditions. If Tom has ever taken the liberty to post 'exclusives' as they are titled in his videos then that's his decision. I simply said that if it caused division within the community or hurt others, I WOULD not do it.

AlienALX
17-06-17, 02:29 PM
Emphasis on 'I would'.

I'm not on this forum to praise Tom blindly. I don't know the guy and I don't trust him without conditions. If Tom has ever taken the liberty to post 'exclusives' as they are titled in his videos then that's his decision. I simply said that if it caused division within the community or hurt others, I WOULD not do it.

Well it's pretty obvious how highly I regard Tom. I am only a member of two computer forums and this is one of them.

The only reason it has really caused division is because other reviewers are upset that the review has gone out first. That's basically it, isn't it? I mean at the end of the day that is what they are complaining about yes? (and yes, I watched the Linus video whilst soldering my amp). Whether B-T or Hexus have broken NDA is none of their business because that's their lookout surely?

And if the other company did not sign an NDA and thus one does not exist who cares?

I mean let's face it yeah, NDAs are there because of stuff like this. And I've seen Tom literally waiting on the hour to the dot to post a review.

Edit. And now for some humour. The CPU is ridiculous any way. A bag of sand for 20% more than a Ryzen 1700. That's basically what it equates to, crap PCIE lanes and all.

Edit again. OK so look, this single sentence from a user on another forum pretty much sums it up.

So its because Intel are a bunch of (penises, word replaced) who discriminate against the media in Europe.

So yeah, basically blame Intel.

AngryGoldfish
17-06-17, 02:37 PM
Well it's pretty obvious how highly I regard Tom. I am only a member of two computer forums and this is one of them.

The only reason it has really caused division is because other reviewers are upset that the review has gone out first. That's basically it, isn't it? I mean at the end of the day that is what they are complaining about yes? (and yes, I watched the Linus video whilst soldering my amp). Whether B-T or Hexus have broken NDA is none of their business because that's their lookout surely?

And if the other company did not sign an NDA and thus one does not exist who cares?

I mean let's face it yeah, NDAs are there because of stuff like this. And I've seen Tom literally waiting on the hour to the dot to post a review.

Edit. And now for some humour. The CPU is ridiculous any way. A bag of sand for 20% more than a Ryzen 1700. That's basically what it equates to, crap PCIE lanes and all.

Edit again. OK so look, this single sentence from a user on another forum pretty much sums it up.

So its because Intel are a bunch of (penises, word replaced) who discriminate against the media in Europe.

So yeah, basically blame Intel.

It's quite clear some people care. You said it in your comment people may be affected. I'm not that bothered, but I don't know the extent at which this could hurt others. I'm not part of the technology media. I'm a consumer here so all I have to go by is the words of others. That's why I don't blindly distrust Linus and trust TTL. I listen to them all and take them all into consideration. I think Linus gets an earful from the Internet and I don't understand why. But that's for another day.

The 7900X is basically what we thought it was going to be: a chopped down 6950X with higher clock speeds. It's a high performing CPU at a price that's prohibitive to the majority of consumers with features cut off randomly. That's Intel CPU's in a nutshell.

AlienALX
17-06-17, 02:46 PM
It's quite clear some people care. You said it in your comment people may be affected. I'm not that bothered, but I don't know the extent at which this could hurt others. I'm not part of the technology media. I'm a consumer here so all I have to go by is the words of others. That's why I don't blindly distrust Linus and trust TTL. I listen to them all and take them all into consideration. I think Linus gets an earful from the Internet and I don't understand why. But that's for another day.

The 7900X is basically what we thought it was going to be: a chopped down 6950X with higher clock speeds. It's a high performing CPU at a price that's prohibitive to the majority of consumers with features cut off randomly. That's Intel CPU's in a nutshell.

The extent it will hurt others - getting a few less views on Youtube and hits to your website. Maybe.

If you don't break NDA you have nothing to worry about.

TBH watching Linus's face when he was talking about it you could tell he was butthurt.

AngryGoldfish
17-06-17, 03:07 PM
The extent it will hurt others - getting a few less views on Youtube and hits to your website. Maybe.

TBH watching Linus's face when he was talking about it you could tell he was butthurt.

He did come across as a little bitter, but understandably so. He didn't come across as butthurt though, not to me.

TheF34RChannel
18-06-17, 01:38 PM
http://www.chip-architect.nl/news/Ryzen_vs_Skylake_core_detail_small.jpg

Might be interesting to see and compare.

Dicehunter
18-06-17, 01:50 PM
The Intel ones look like levels from the old Castlevania games ^_^

WYP
18-06-17, 02:13 PM
http://www.chip-architect.nl/news/Ryzen_vs_Skylake_core_detail_small.jpg

Might be interesting to see and compare.

Erm, but Epyc does not use a single CPU die. It is four 8-core dies that are interconnected.

There are no real die size comparisons to be made here, apart from the comparison of two single-die products. Even then size of only one of many factors, especially when considering the differences in process node Intel 14nm Tri-Gate VS GloFo 14nm FinFET in terms of both pricing and yields.

http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/AMD-EPYC.jpg

It is a nice graphic, but it is a bit disingenuous to paste AMD 8-core dies shots together and then use it for comparisons to Intel.

In theory, AMD's product will be much cheaper to produce thanks to the higher yields of smaller die products, which will make AMD's Threadripper pricing a huge point of interest. Intel has decreased their prices with X299, but AMD will likely puch things much lower.

Warchild
19-06-17, 10:06 AM

Got a link. I need to see this reaction and enjoy its glory.

AlienALX
19-06-17, 10:32 AM
Got a link. I need to see this reaction and enjoy its glory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zImCZHfDq5s&feature=youtu.be&t=8m41s

8:41 and on.

TheF34RChannel
21-06-17, 07:54 PM
Cannot remember if this has been posted? Not worth its own thread but it makes for some nice quick news.

New GFXBench and SiSoftSandra entries for an CFL-H part:

https://gfxbench.com/device.jsp?benchmark=gfx40&os=Windows&api=gl&D=Intel%28R%29+Genuine+Intel%28R%29+CPU+0000+with+ Coffee+Lake+UHD+Graphics&testgroup=info

http://ranker.sisoftware.net/show_run.php?q=c2ffcee889e8d5e3daeedeefdcfa88b585a 3c6a39eae88fbc6fe&l=en

And of course the CFL-S part:

Genuine Intel(R) CPU 0000 @ 3.10GHz (6C 12T 3.1GHz/4.2GHz, 2.7GHz IMC/3.9GHz, 6x 256kB L2, 12MB L3)

http://ranker.sisoftware.net/show_run.php?q=c2ffcfe988e9d4ecddefd6e5d3f587ba8aa cc9ac91a187f4c9f1&l=en

AngryGoldfish
22-06-17, 02:16 PM
Apparently MSI have received their Vega GPU's (they never bothered making a Fiji GPU and I don't blame them) and they say they're a power hungry GPU.

https://videocardz.com/70465/msi-damn-rx-vega-needs-a-lot-of-power

TheF34RChannel
22-06-17, 02:25 PM
Apparently MSI have received their Vega GPU's (they never bothered making a Fiji GPU and I don't blame them) and they say they're a power hungry GPU.

Since I am Dutch I can say that's terribly spelling (translation is alright though) and wording not fitting a marketing guy.

AngryGoldfish
22-06-17, 02:32 PM
Since I am Dutch I can say that's terribly spelling (translation is alright though) and wording not fitting a marketing guy.

GPU's were sent out recently.

TheF34RChannel
22-06-17, 02:33 PM
GPU's were sent out recently.

Oh not saying it's fake, I'm sure it's not. Just mentioning the wording made me face palm :D

Tolemac
22-06-17, 02:38 PM

Sorry fella but thats interweb BS at it's finest XFX and Sapphire would have had theirs 1st

AngryGoldfish
22-06-17, 03:03 PM
Sorry fella but thats interweb BS at it's finest XFX and Sapphire would have had theirs 1st

I'm not sure why MSI saying they received their Vega chips means XFX and Sapphire haven't received theirs. :confused:

TheF34RChannel
23-06-17, 07:39 PM
G.SKILL Announces New DDR4 Specifications for Intel X299 HEDT Platform, introduces Trident Z black series

G.Skill is excited to announce new high-speed DDR4 memory specifications designed for the latest Intel Core X-series processors and X299 chipset motherboards. All the new memory kits are built with high performance Samsung 8Gb ICs, and tested under the highest standards of the Trident Z family.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/g-skill-announces-new-ddr4-specifications-for-intel-x299-hedt-platform.html

https://www.gskill.com/en/press/view/g-skill-announces-new-ddr4-specifications--for-intel-x299-hedt-platform

4400MHz @ C19 is darn impressive!!

TheF34RChannel
24-06-17, 03:22 PM
Coffee Lake-S on GeekBench:

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_149831720241911&key=08a8dcb30b28eed5c1da2bd64b4ca559&libId=j4bfd3pa0101045l000MAdu6tto36&loc=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.anandtech.com%2Fthreads%2 Fintel-skylake-kaby-lake-coffee-lake-thread-skylake-x-reviews-out-page-501.2428363%2Fpage-511&v=1&out=https%3A%2F%2Fbrowser.primatelabs.com%2Fv4%2Fc pu%2F3208482&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.anandtech.com%2Fthreads%2 Fintel-skylake-kaby-lake-coffee-lake-thread-skylake-x-reviews-out-page-501.2428363%2Fpage-510&title=Page%20511%20-%20Intel%20Skylake%20%2F%20Kaby%20Lake%20%2F%20Cof fee%20Lake%20Thread%20-%20Skylake-X%20reviews%20out%20(page%20501)&txt=https%3A%2F%2Fbrowser.primatelabs.com%2Fv4%2Fc pu%2F3208482

AngryGoldfish
24-06-17, 04:45 PM
'Insider' claims RX Vega will have "excellent price to performance ratio."

http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-vega-excellent-price-performance/

I'll believe it when I see it. If I see it.

AlienALX
24-06-17, 05:30 PM
Terrific according to.... Nvidia's prices. That doesn't say much.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/intel/intel-x299-dual-channel-memory

Dear oh dear now I have seen and heard it all !

So apparently they are going to make crappy X299 boards with no quad channel memory etc for Kaby X.

WTF? how can you get a new platform from a new platform?

I wonder if they will explain all of this thoroughly to the dude who buys a £200 board and wonders why it doesn't work properly.

NeverBackDown
24-06-17, 07:17 PM
https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/06/23/even-more-performance-updates-for-ryzen-customers?sf92082303=

Interesting performance updates for Ryzen. Although the ZBrush stat is skewed, correct, but still misleading

AngryGoldfish
24-06-17, 07:18 PM
So why does Kaby Lake X exist? I thought the main draw was that you could buy a €250 motherboard, a €350 CPU, then upgrade two years later to a €600 CPU without changing motherboards. This just confuses things further. Intel must be hungry right about now, because they're high.

Anyone seen this yet? Volta might not come to Geforce, either ever or not for a long time. It makes sense as Pascal is clearly an excellent architecture and the process of shrinking the die down and increases the clock speeds seems to work.

http://fudzilla.com/news/graphics/43962-new-geforce-will-be-incremental

AlienALX
24-06-17, 08:08 PM
So why does Kaby Lake X exist? I thought the main draw was that you could buy a €250 motherboard, a €350 CPU, then upgrade two years later to a €600 CPU without changing motherboards. This just confuses things further. Intel must be hungry right about now, because they're high.

Because 5ghz I reckons. I think they will come 5ghz stock. Just a carrot from Intel, nothing to see here etc.

They could, in the very least, call these boards X199 and point out they are derped down high end boards to consumer level. They wont, though.

They're deluded, as you rightly point out. They really think people are going to buy a quad core on a derped down HEDT motherboard.

Anyone seen this yet? Volta might not come to Geforce, either ever or not for a long time. It makes sense as Pascal is clearly an excellent architecture and the process of shrinking the die down and increases the clock speeds seems to work.

http://fudzilla.com/news/graphics/43962-new-geforce-will-be-incremental

I reckon they have bought themselves a Frontier and had a play with it. Then realised that it's miles behind Pascal, so can literally freeze operations and release tiny updates like Intel. Only problem is there is no Ryzen GPU coming and that means that it could be pretty much permanent if Vega flops and AMD call GPUs a day.

AngryGoldfish
24-06-17, 08:29 PM
Because 5ghz I reckons. I think they will come 5ghz stock. Just a carrot from Intel, nothing to see here etc.

They could, in the very least, call these boards X199 and point out they are derped down high end boards to consumer level. They wont, though.

They're deluded, as you rightly point out. They really think people are going to buy a quad core on a derped down HEDT motherboard.

I reckon they have bought themselves a Frontier and had a play with it. Then realised that it's miles behind Pascal, so can literally freeze operations and release tiny updates like Intel. Only problem is there is no Ryzen GPU coming and that means that it could be pretty much permanent if Vega flops and AMD call GPUs a day.

While 5Ghz is a big selling point, it's still going to be prohibitive for most users. Hopefully reviewers will pick up on this and drive the point home. I know Tom has in his 7820X review where 5Ghz was possible but at crazy high temperatures and power consumption. That's what I want to see, not what professional overclockers say. They are the absolute niche who sometimes act rather delusional. The LN2 market and extreme water cooling market is absolutely minuscule.

Yeah, I don't think Nvidia will have to worry about Vega beating big Pascal. All they to do is knock a few quid off the prices of their current lineup and they'll be golden. Then for the Nvidia fans who want a new GPU they'll release a 1180 or 1081 (that would be a cool twist on the nomenclature) and 1080's will start hitting fleabay by the thousands.

AlienALX
25-06-17, 11:37 AM
Well seems I was wrong on the 5ghz front. It seems that instead they have just basically worked out a way to cut off the IGP and save money, and then charge this much for an I5.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/intel-core-i5-7640x-4.0ghz-kabylake-x-basin-falls-socket-lga2066-processor-retail-cp-63b-in.html

£30 more than a Ryzen 1600. LOL.

Dark NighT
25-06-17, 12:01 PM
Well seems I was wrong on the 5ghz front. It seems that instead they have just basically worked out a way to cut off the IGP and save money, and then charge this much for an I5.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/intel-core-i5-7640x-4.0ghz-kabylake-x-basin-falls-socket-lga2066-processor-retail-cp-63b-in.html

£30 more than a Ryzen 1600. LOL.

Intel, seriously charging that much for just a 4 core and no ht, no one in their right mind should buy this.

Korreborg
25-06-17, 12:13 PM
Maybe its because i'm strictly a gamer i see it in another way. A 230£ CPU that POTENTIALLY can hit 5Ghz+ it will probably do better in games.

But as long there really isn't any mATX boards, i think many wont go that way. I'm a 1 GFX guy. ATX is soo last decade to me :D
Currently upgrading my case/cooling :cool:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/EB5MF8wJSYi7PvmTMs7gOOXeURIUZwd_bzzVAcO8tO4zanhzx_ j9zdcDCgPCeAd_8DMeCnIXf8-hEvLgbCFeBiUn5miTc7Dy0MnnSwSLCtmjI_tXU7U6AxPgav6vC QslN1GI0RbiR4HyDPS7csak-3oGVl8beQiR2LyElgyIznsmvDmTnD80mzXDmuxjuYxHWEUeTz3 0Qca1Kj9iR_lfqjLVlAuSr40ySWAU0_QZA5fdOreicKzYTtZs3 Pv6h5ku9hayCdlgCQfvR-7L8L4uOh4-0HmIDz2g8ZV1_lChmU3y-dm_zmOfdFKjQ1fDEuuJsi2QpO07hITnzfafTguiNXKXp04hM13 3C33TXuKpbX-fRvf4F3tbxfaWlpXFUgSp-uV7eclchRVK3oK8j4hfgz98-cefKjeYxSyearTLV2CnKu4WzUyRursfmEpLVpnjRrjM5J1x8yj SfJJ5oNLMh0_ymwjxI2F79IQxn6mgJrSDlCVLoqYh_JCBhO7bl Fx7suw_ZfE8hUqtEqz8-vklNyWr2xUB_T2NJppJ9lSK6EDYOoGWNwSL3R1EE_EcjIcRnb9 NX3i2hdGJdpr_l5te9d-bP9EavyTsuZ4BMelRApsVP2nq4__bsn6YXLSjXZZmPVatmwrUL WBrVhBzlaOU5GCYrWxyTbm6gbdqtmURaOY=w1212-h682-no

Dark NighT
25-06-17, 12:20 PM
Maybe its because i'm strictly a gamer i see it in another way. A 230£ CPU that POTENTIALLY can hit 5Ghz+ it will probably do better in games.

But as long there really isn't any mATX boards, i think many wont go that way. I'm a 1 GFX guy. ATX is soo last decade to me :D
Currently upgrading my case/cooling :cool:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/EB5MF8wJSYi7PvmTMs7gOOXeURIUZwd_bzzVAcO8tO4zanhzx_ j9zdcDCgPCeAd_8DMeCnIXf8-hEvLgbCFeBiUn5miTc7Dy0MnnSwSLCtmjI_tXU7U6AxPgav6vC QslN1GI0RbiR4HyDPS7csak-3oGVl8beQiR2LyElgyIznsmvDmTnD80mzXDmuxjuYxHWEUeTz3 0Qca1Kj9iR_lfqjLVlAuSr40ySWAU0_QZA5fdOreicKzYTtZs3 Pv6h5ku9hayCdlgCQfvR-7L8L4uOh4-0HmIDz2g8ZV1_lChmU3y-dm_zmOfdFKjQ1fDEuuJsi2QpO07hITnzfafTguiNXKXp04hM13 3C33TXuKpbX-fRvf4F3tbxfaWlpXFUgSp-uV7eclchRVK3oK8j4hfgz98-cefKjeYxSyearTLV2CnKu4WzUyRursfmEpLVpnjRrjM5J1x8yj SfJJ5oNLMh0_ymwjxI2F79IQxn6mgJrSDlCVLoqYh_JCBhO7bl Fx7suw_ZfE8hUqtEqz8-vklNyWr2xUB_T2NJppJ9lSK6EDYOoGWNwSL3R1EE_EcjIcRnb9 NX3i2hdGJdpr_l5te9d-bP9EavyTsuZ4BMelRApsVP2nq4__bsn6YXLSjXZZmPVatmwrUL WBrVhBzlaOU5GCYrWxyTbm6gbdqtmURaOY=w1212-h682-no

Hehe nice!

Also most modern games max out a i5 to 100% regardless of frequency, yes they can still do 60fps+ but their days are numbered.

AlienALX
25-06-17, 01:39 PM

To maintain 24/7 5ghz it will need a delid like all of the others. And know what? even at 5ghz in anything even remotely threaded it will get its arse handed to it on a platter by the Ryzen 1600 which costs £201 as I type this (Amazon).

B350 Strix board - £118.
X299 cheapest board - £230.

Intel must have studied at LOLage college.

TheF34RChannel
25-06-17, 01:50 PM
Star Citizen is likely in financial trouble

CIG, the creators of Star Citizen, a game that has pulled in $150 million in crowdfunding, many times the original goal of $6 million, has applied for additional loan funding from a bank, in return offering up literally everything they own as collateral - the Star Citizen IP, all assets, all code, distribution rights and so on. From the attached PDF:

https://m.imgur.com/NrDAsjG

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08703814/charges/AHMo7d0tVN50wGM-FC6tbyhYlss

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08815227/filing history

Damien c
25-06-17, 06:38 PM

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08703814/charges/AHMo7d0tVN50wGM-FC6tbyhYlss

I seem to remember seeing somewhere that the owner of Star Citizen, spent a nice chunk of the money on "Car's, Boat's, Houses and long drunken holiday's" but maybe someone who has more knowledge can confirm if that is true or not, as if it is that would put me off investing any large amount of money in the game, since you wouldn't know 100% if all the money went where it should or not.

After having tried the game and it being a complete mess and fully unplayable for me, I honestly cannot understand why people put massive amounts of time or money in to it, that was and has been raised.

For me not being able to use the options in game, such as access a terminal or even be able to fire weapons on a ship, without it crashing or just not registering button presses, over about the last 4 or 5 patches just makes me wonder what they are doing over there.

Then there was the performance roughly 35% GPU usage IIRC at 4K maxed out and not able to go above 30fps is shocking even for an alpha.

Honestly I see Star Citizen as the game that will never be released, because they are always wanting to add stuff to it instead, of getting the base game out there and working and then adding the stuff later down the line.

I mean Frontier are hardly the world's best developers but they have got all the stuff in the Elite Dangerous iirc that they put, on Kickstarter and have been adding since then but they are slow with it and lack any form of decent communication, and they did it on a much smaller budget than the one Star Citizen has had.

From the trailers I have seen from Star Citizen it looks like it could be a really good game and probably the best of the type of games in sits in, but since I reckon it will be like Duke Nukem Forever, I will be sticking to Elite Dangerous.

Dark NighT
25-06-17, 09:27 PM

Did a quick search, found this.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/re-uk-tax-rebate-advance-for-foundry-42

NeverBackDown
25-06-17, 09:38 PM

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/re-uk-tax-rebate-advance-for-foundry-42

Yeah I had a feeling it was something related to money management since the economy in general seems to be really sensitive today, although less so since Brexit happened.
I do think they should be required to tell there backers these things, as they are investors, however I don't think they should have to be open about every micro detail of there business for a couple obvious reasons, but alas their hand was forced due to all the clickbait articles out there. Gotta love journalism

TheF34RChannel
25-06-17, 09:51 PM

A lot of face saving bs. They wasted 150 million (disgusting!!) already, an obscene amount when I think of hungry families in name what third world country you like. I didn't wanted to make this post until I saw their reaction.
I love the idea of SC, however I don't think it'll ever come out as its own ambitions are cannibalising it. They could have released a finished game already, if they cut the bs (a magazine, citizen con etc.). Instead there's a handful of alpha state loose modules, and ask people hundreds for ship drawings that may or may not come out; they have no idea what they're doing.
I'll buy it if it'll ever finish and I like what it is, but I will not and cannot back this, this, whatever this is. Pledge = best scam ever!

Dark NighT
26-06-17, 08:26 AM
A lot of face saving bs. They wasted 150 million (disgusting!!) already, an obscene amount when I think of hungry families in name what third world country you like. I didn't wanted to make this post until I saw their reaction.
I love the idea of SC, however I don't think it'll ever come out as its own ambitions are cannibalising it. They could have released a finished game already, if they cut the bs (a magazine, citizen con etc.). Instead there's a handful of alpha state loose modules, and ask people hundreds for ship drawings that may or may not come out; they have no idea what they're doing.
I'll buy it if it'll ever finish and I like what it is, but I will not and cannot back this, this, whatever this is. Pledge = best scam ever!

We don't know how much they really spend but this news has me worried a little bit, i kinda did overspend on that game and i accept that money is gone for good and that development of this takes a long time, but i still have faith in the goal and i think they can pull it off some day when they are finally done tinkering around with the core tech that keeps delaying stuff.

TheF34RChannel
26-06-17, 02:59 PM
Intel Coffee Lake 6 Core Mainstream CPU Performance Leaked – Rocking Great Single and Multi Core Performance

Intel Coffee Lake 6 Core Mainstream CPU Compared To AMD Ryzen 5 1600X 6 Core Mainstream CPU

"The leak comes straight from MSI where someone decided to keep their internet connection enabled during the benchmark run. The Coffee Lake 6 Core processor scored 4619 points in single-core and 20828 points in multi-core performance tests."

http://wccftech.com/intel-coffee-lake-6-core-i7-cpu-performance-benchmark-leak/

https://browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/3208482

AlienALX
26-06-17, 10:08 PM
Ryzen performance improves. Again.

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/06/23/even-more-performance-updates-for-ryzen-customers

NeverBackDown
26-06-17, 10:15 PM
Ryzen performance improves. Again.

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/06/23/even-more-performance-updates-for-ryzen-customers

Already posted this before and article was on it too...

AlienALX
27-06-17, 02:18 AM
Already posted this before and article was on it too...

OK just need it one more time then :D

tolagarf
27-06-17, 11:58 AM
It seems people found some massive Alien bases in Elite: Dangerous and got into them.

The following link is a live stream and might not work later (so check the channel in that case)

2PP5M2mcoco

TheF34RChannel
27-06-17, 02:15 PM
AMD launches Radeon Vega Frontier Edition for $999

"AMD Launches the World’s Fastest Graphics Card for Machine Learning Development and Advanced Visualization Workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, Available Now"

https://videocardz.com/press-release/amd-launches-radeon-vega-frontier-edition-for-999

Is this what Tesla Volta is to Nvidia?