PDA

View Full Version : Quick News

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

MadShadow
22-12-14, 11:10 AM
North Korea demands joint investigation with US into Sony hacking scandal

We have a way to prove that we have nothing to do with the case without resorting to torture, as what the CIA does

Ouch, shots fired. Lets see where this goes.

Source (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/north-korea-proposes-joint-investigation-into-sony-hacking-scandal--but-warns-there-will-be-serious-consequences-if-us-refuses-9937594.html)

WillSK
22-12-14, 11:23 AM

Source (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/north-korea-proposes-joint-investigation-into-sony-hacking-scandal--but-warns-there-will-be-serious-consequences-if-us-refuses-9937594.html)

If it were another nation i'd be inclined to agree that this was a good lil dig at the US.. But this is North Korea, the they do to their own people is disgusting, let alone Prisoners of War. Don't know how they felt they had a leg to stand on when they made that comment

Feronix
22-12-14, 11:24 AM

But then again I read yesterday that the FBI replied with something like "You can help us by admitting you are guilty" which is really weird. I'll try to find a source for that. Honestly, I don't think NK have good intentions with this investigation, but then again I also don't think the NK government was the one behind it all.

Not the first time the US would invade a country on vague allegations such as "They have WMDs"... :mellow:

WillSK
22-12-14, 11:27 AM
But then again I read yesterday that the FBI replied with something like "You can help us by admitting you are guilty" which is really weird. I'll try to find a source for that. Honestly, I don't think NK have good intentions with this investigation, but then again I also don't think the NK government was the one behind it all.

Not the first time the US would invade a country on vague allegations such as "They have WMDs"... :mellow:

The Americans wouldn't invade North Korea in a rush because they aren't really a HUGE threat at the moment and have a bark worse than their bite from what I can tell.

However their good buddies China can Bite with the best of em and it is THAT relationship that maintains the peace in my opinion

Feronix
22-12-14, 11:35 AM
The Americans wouldn't invade North Korea in a rush because they aren't really a HUGE threat at the moment and have a bark worse than their bite from what I can tell.

However their good buddies China can Bite with the best of em and it is THAT relationship that maintains the peace in my opinion

Yeah, all I'm saying is that I think the US are treading on thin ice right now. No one needs another war.

MadShadow
22-12-14, 11:40 AM
If it were another nation i'd be inclined to agree that this was a good lil dig at the US.. But this is North Korea, the they do to their own people is disgusting, let alone Prisoners of War. Don't know how they felt they had a leg to stand on when they made that comment

I agree, its really messed up what goes on there. I've got some South Korean friends and the stories they tell about their neighboring country are just insane.

I also don't think they have good intentions, however I doubt they would want to make a major move against the US. That would just not end well for them.

Yeah saying it was North Korea who did this is a bit doubtful. I think its much more likely that this was done by some independent hackers who wanted to stir up some trouble.

True, the thing is that North Korea is really unpredictable. Nobody has a great idea of what weapons and technology the government has. If they were an obviously weak force, someone would have invaded them by now.

barnsley
22-12-14, 12:30 PM

The thing is, North Korea actually have a damn point. The FBI's investigation is pathetic. They literally only use the evidence that the hackers use the same *well documented* resources that was used on the DarkSeoul attack (which pretty much was North Korea). Heck, if I wanted to pretend to be North Korea, I'd literally do the things that the FBI mentioned. We're talking using the same methods, the same darn C&C servers and writing bits of the program so that it appears to have been written in Korean.

They also completely ignored the similarities with the attack on a Saudi oil company. Call me a tinfoil hat loony, but I don't think it was North Korea or that if they were involved, they weren't the only actors. I honestly think it was either some industrial sabotage from a rival company, or (slightly less likely) that it was a pro Iran/Syria/DPRK group.

WillSK
22-12-14, 12:56 PM
The thing is, North Korea actually have a damn point. The FBI's investigation is pathetic. They literally only use the evidence that the hackers use the same *well documented* resources that was used on the DarkSeoul attack (which pretty much was North Korea). Heck, if I wanted to pretend to be North Korea, I'd literally do the things that the FBI mentioned. We're talking using the same methods, the same darn C&C servers and writing bits of the program so that it appears to have been written in Korean.

They also completely ignored the similarities with the attack on a Saudi oil company. Call me a tinfoil hat loony, but I don't think it was North Korea or that if they were involved, they weren't the only actors. I honestly think it was either some industrial sabotage from a rival company, or (slightly less likely) that it was a pro Iran/Syria/DPRK group.

I agree, I don't think it was North Korea either but due to their expressed displeasure with this movie release they have been the easy one to point the finger at. Plus it's all fuel for the Americans to use in the let's justify an attack on North Korea plan.

Politics as usual

NeverBackDown
22-12-14, 05:36 PM

You can't speak for the FBI so don't. You have no idea what they have or are doing. Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Politics is just as bad as the Media are.

Feronix
22-12-14, 10:05 PM
It is believed that on Monday 22-12-2014 North-Korea had a national internet blackout lasting over an hour, according to multiple American media. Was it the US? Or maybe it was a regular technical error?

Among the several forms of media reporting this is the New York Times, writing that North-Korea did not have access to the internet. Last Friday the country would have had issues connecting to the internet as well. This weekend, the situation got worse until eventually all of the North-Korean internet blacked out.

The Asian country only has 1.024 registered IP addresses, which supposedly all down. The cause of this remains unknown so far, although the US media don't rule out that it might have been an action by their government.

The loss of service came just days after President Obama pledged that the United States would launch a “proportional response” to the recent attacks on Sony Pictures, which government officials have linked to North Korea. While an attack on North Korea’s networks was suspected, there was no definitive evidence of it.

The failure follows requests by the Obama administration to China seeking its help in blocking North Korea’s ability to wage cyberattacks, an early step toward the “proportional response” that Mr. Obama promised, as well as a broader warning to others who may try similar attacks on American targets in the future, senior administration officials have said.
- The New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/23/world/asia/attack-is-suspected-as-north-korean-internet-collapses.html?_r=0)

Source: Tweakers.net (http://tweakers.net/nieuws/100412/noord-korea-helemaal-offline-na-sony-hack.html)

barnsley
22-12-14, 10:47 PM
You can't speak for the FBI so don't. You have no idea what they have or are doing. Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Politics is just as bad as the Media are.

'Don't believe everything you read on the internet' is what I'm applying to the FBI's statement. The one they publicly released (http://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/update-on-sony-investigation) stating why they thought it was North Korea. This isn't some 9/11 conspiracy theory.

Security experts who are well known (and not some Tea party funded loons) who have looked at the way the whole thing has rolled out have made the same points I have done. So excuse me for doubting the US government with the 'Trust us, we have evidence' bs they pulled off with Iraq. Heck it'll get politicized somehow into something about Net Neutrality.

I don't go off on rants like these unless I've looked at it for a long time and reading up on big attacks like these is a big hobby of mine.

Wraith
22-12-14, 10:50 PM
'Don't believe everything you read on the internet' is what I'm applying to the FBI's statement. The one they publicly released (http://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/update-on-sony-investigation) stating why they thought it was North Korea. This isn't some 9/11 conspiracy theory.

Security experts who are well known (and not some Tea party funded loons) who have looked at the way the whole thing has rolled out have made the same points I have done. So excuse me for doubting the US government with the 'Trust us, we have evidence' bs they pulled off with Iraq. Heck it'll get politicized somehow into something about Net Neutrality.

I don't go off on rants like these unless I've looked at it for a long time and reading up on big attacks like these is a big hobby of mine.

Aww snap! ^^ +9999

ShaunB-91
23-12-14, 08:20 AM
Well I wouldn't want to fight those nutters, look at how they march, little kung-fu ers.

Thelosouvlakia
28-12-14, 07:02 PM
Not really tech news but I think I should mention that here
A ship caught fire mid adriatic early this morning, the fire is under "relative" control but all the passengers are exposed to the nature since they are on the helicodrome of the ship. The winds are too strong for other ships to approach. 165 passengers have been evacuated one is dead another 170 remain on the ship. The flames are meters away from them. Let's hope that his will end well http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_wsite1_1_28/12/2014_545754

barnsley
30-12-14, 03:15 PM
Its a new story before anyone says anything

Security experts investigating the devastating hack against Sony Pictures appear to be moving away from the theory that the attack was a carried out by North Korea, focusing instead on disgruntled former employees of the firm.

Researchers at Norse cybersecurity claim that six former employees could have compromised the company’s networks, arguing that accessing and navigating selective information would take a detailed knowledge of Sony’s systems.

Full article on the guardian here. (http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/dec/30/sony-hack-researchers-claim-sacked-employees-could-be-to-blame?CMP=fb_gu)

Oh and on the US's blaiming of North Korea:
“The FBI points to reused code from previous attacks associated with North Korea, as well as similarities in the networks used to launch the attacks,” said writer Bruce Schneier. “This sort of evidence is circumstantial at best. It’s easy to fake, and it’s even easier to interpret it wrong. In general, it’s a situation that rapidly devolves into storytelling, where analysts pick bits and pieces of the ‘evidence’ to suit the narrative they already have worked out in their heads.”

Damien c
31-12-14, 11:50 AM
Xbox One SDK has been leaked by Hacking Group "H4LT"

Hackers going by the name of H4LT leaked the SDK via their Twitter account and various media outlets. They have subsequently followed the release up with documentation for the SDK as well.

Talking to The Tech Game (http://www.thetechgame.com/News/sid=7761/xbox-one-software-development-kit-leaked-on-twitter-with-documentation.html), H4LT stated that they felt sharing the SDK would help the modding community achieve progress faster and that keeping the code to themselves would not achieve anything.

Source (http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2014/12/31/hackers-leak-xbox-one-sdk/1) (Bit-Tech)

Personally I thought it would have been alot longer before this happened, and will be interesting to see what some poeple do with this although they won't be able to release, what ever they develop without being registered etc.

If this is front page worthy then by all means someone can do a proper write up, I don't mind.

Dicehunter
03-01-15, 08:51 PM
We all know about ram disks but this program is just freaking amazing !

Dimmdrive coming to Steam to provide DRAM-powered gaming performanceIf you're rocking an HDD for gaming this is very good news, bring on SSD speed without an SSD!

RAM drives and RAM caching have long been a secret of the gaming and overclocking elite to attain the fastest load times and smoothest gameplay possible. The advent of the SSD has reduced usage of RAM caching due to the SSDs similar performance, and overall simplicity. RAM drives and RAM caching have several hindrances, they require a lot of DRAM because they cache the entire OS, along with everything else, into the DRAM. RAM is also susceptible to power loss. For those with overclocked gaming rigs an errant BSOD can cause massive data loss and require complete reinstallation of the OS. This is not a tradeoff many are willing to make.

http://imagescdn.tweaktown.com/news/4/2/42377_01_dimmdrive-coming-steam-provide-dram-powered-gaming-performance.png (http://www.tweaktown.com/image.php?image=imagescdn.tweaktown.com/news/4/2/42377_01_dimmdrive-coming-steam-provide-dram-powered-gaming-performance_full.png)

Enter Dimmdrive. This new program, which will be available for $34 on Steam today, takes a different approach that removes many of the disadvantages of typical RAM caching. Dimmdrive allows users to specify exactly which data is cached into the DRAM, so users can load just a single game into the RAM. This reduces the amount of RAM required, and also helps minimize exposure to data loss from any type of BSOD or power loss. It is much simpler to reinstall a game than an entire operating system. Once the game is loaded into RAM users can expect speeds up to 13 GB/s for any cached data.

Details are slight on how deeply the program is integrated in Steam. It will be available for purchase, and the best implementation would be for users to simply select a game in the dashboard to accelerate performance. If the program works separately the user will have to manually select the game folder.

For users still spinning HDD's this can be a huge benefit, simply loading games into RAM will give an SSD experience for that particular program. The low cost of entry is also good for those who are still avoiding SSDs due to cost concerns. RAM caching iss technically an order of magnitude faster than an SSD, but any increase in real life application performance over an SSD is imperceptible to the user. The Dimmdrive can also be used in tandem with an SSD for those looking for the absolute bleeding edge.

We typically advise readers to avoid RAM caching programs due to potential data loss. This new solution appears to be a nice middle ground, but users are advised that any data in the RAM could be subject to corruption or loss in the event of a BSOD or power loss. Without testing the new program we cannot give it the TT seal of approval, but it appears to be an interesting solution.

jfl0SNFNAqc

Source (http://forum.overclock3d.net/Read more at http://www.tweaktown.com/news/42377/dimmdrive-coming-steam-provide-dram-powered-gaming-performance/index.html)

yassarikhan786
04-01-15, 08:53 AM
^^That sounds pretty amazing.

In other steam news:

Source: Steam client beta at last adds a framerate counter (http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/3/7485773/steam-client-beta-at-last-adds-a-framerate-counter)

A subtle update to the Steam Client beta has added a long-requested framerate counter to Steam Overlay. It rolled out yesterday.

PC gamers are rejoicing in the comments underneath the update notes. They had been requesting this for some time, and had to use a tool like FRAPS if they wanted to check their game's framerate. Of course, many now are asking for the FPS counter to be customizable in both color and display position, but just having one is a plus.

The FPS counter was added in with other features as of yesterday. The client beta update adds several fixes and adjustments to its broadcasting features, and a few fixes and optimizations elsewhere. See the full list at the link.

NeverBackDown
04-01-15, 05:46 PM
We all know about ram disks but this program is just freaking amazing !

Pretty cool but the article got a few things wrong... saying its SSD like performance without a SSD... err they stupid? lol
RAM is far faster than the worlds fastest PCI ssd's in raid 0. Easily. They transfer far more data. I also don't think its a great thing to use.. easier and still more than fast enough to use a SSD over a ramdisk.

JR23
05-01-15, 10:42 PM
There's some hot stuff on here lads - https://pcdiy.asus.com/

Asus MG279Q 1440p 120Hz IPS Panel
ROG SLI Bridges
ROG SICA FPS Mouse
ROG SPATHA MMO Mouse
ROG WHETSTONE Gaming Surface

JR

Feronix
05-01-15, 10:55 PM

ROG SLI Bridges
ROG SICA FPS Mouse
ROG SPATHA MMO Mouse

JR

Ooooh they've got ROG SLI bridges too now, those'll go nicely with red themed builds, like with the MSI Gaming motherboard and videocards ;)

JR23
05-01-15, 10:56 PM
Ooooh they're got ROG SLI bridges too now, those'll go nicely with red themed builds, like with the MSI Gaming motherboard and videocards ;)

Can you even get more e-peen than that?

https://i0.wp.com/pcdiy.asus.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/ROG-Enthusiast-SLI-Bridge.jpg

JR

Feronix
05-01-15, 11:06 PM
Can you even get more e-peen than that?

JR

Look at my new gaming rig for League of Legends!

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag8/Ricky-Rampage/epeen_zps00d22713.png

remember300
05-01-15, 11:10 PM
Loool ;)
Mind you i do love the SLI bridge!!

PunkisDead
06-01-15, 05:26 AM
Corsair RGB MX Blue keyboards now officially scrapped "Due to extremely low yield on RGB blue switch, it is not possible for Corsair to continue production on this product. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for patience thus far, please contact our Customer Service if you have an open order with Corsair and waiting for fulfillment. For those of you who do not need RGB but still want Cherry MX blue switches, we ARE producing the non-RGB K70/K95 keyboards with Cherry MX blue switches.
Further explanation: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=135738&page=6
Pity, just the keyboard I was waiting for :(

barnsley
06-01-15, 09:46 AM

ROG SLI Bridges
ROG SICA FPS Mouse
ROG SPATHA MMO Mouse

JR

Look at their clothing range.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Excalabur50
09-01-15, 09:48 AM
Corsair are doing limited edition Orange Dom Plats showcased at CES 2015

http://www.cowcotland.com/images/news/2015/01/ces-2015-ddr4-corsair-dominator-platinum.jpg

tinytomlogan
09-01-15, 10:31 AM

I can actually do this.....

MrKambo
09-01-15, 10:46 AM

that would be better if you could have 2 cards with a black shroud and 2 with red

Tom speak to Asus make this happen!

Warchild
09-01-15, 11:01 AM
Might have to buy that SLI bridge and spackle the RoG logo so I just see a smooth bridge without brand :)

steverebo
09-01-15, 11:19 AM
Anyone seen the footage of the terrorists in Paris, F'ing unbelievable, the guy shoots the injured cop in the head point blank like it was nothing

dipzy
09-01-15, 11:54 AM

http://www.cowcotland.com/images/news/2015/01/ces-2015-ddr4-corsair-dominator-platinum.jpg

Looks very nice, would be nice if we got other colours like black & Red, White & Black, Black & yellow etc.. :D

CreatiXx
09-01-15, 06:54 PM
just found this Intel thing! ;o
looks pretty cool!

http://ces.gizmodo.com/intels-150-hdmi-stick-turns-any-tv-into-a-windows-desk-1678550370?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_twitter&utm_source=gizmodo_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

TPC
09-01-15, 06:57 PM
just found this Intel thing! ;o
looks pretty cool!

http://ces.gizmodo.com/intels-150-hdmi-stick-turns-any-tv-into-a-windows-desk-1678550370?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_twitter&utm_source=gizmodo_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

you're late :D
http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=68940

JR23
09-01-15, 07:02 PM

Is that to celebrate the DDR4 world record? Quite a nice touch, I bet they will be fast and expensive... like Shaun's women :D

JR

CreatiXx
09-01-15, 07:20 PM
god dammit, missed it haha xD

Excalabur50
09-01-15, 09:45 PM
Is that to celebrate the DDR4 world record? Quite a nice touch, I bet they will be fast and expensive... like Shaun's women :D

JR

Actually strangely enough they are for the launch of the new Gigabyte X99OC board and if you notice the ring inside the Corsair pump is also orange!
When VonBlade sees these he's gonna cream himself :D

chrismjurd
12-01-15, 07:05 PM
this just popped up in my mail from a deal website i follow, sounds quite interesting,

50% off a single item from the razorstore, with a code, from razorinsider, its pretty complicated to do but is 100% legit, from reading on the razor facebook page, many hoops and jumps are involved. but you might be able to steal a bargain, if razor is your thing.

i was looking at the kraken pro's just to keep for a backup.

enjoy and hope yous get some nice discounts.

Okay, this is all pretty complicated so I broke it down simples.

Firstly go here: http://www.razerzone.com/razer-id/registration-id/
and sign up for a RazerID
Next go to your email account and confirm the sign up

Now go here: https://insider.razerzone.com/index.php
and link your razerID account to Razer Insider

There's a guide here: https://insider.razerzone.com/index.php?threads/how-to-link-your-razer-id-to-razer-insider.1904/
that shows you how to do this in case you have difficulty

At 16:00 today (Sunday) UK time this thread: https://insider.razerzone.com/index.php?threads/insider-ces-2015-appreciation-sale.1920/
will display a link to retrieve your code

The code becomes valid at 2am Tuesday UK time and remains valid for 24 hours

It will not work if you have more than one item in your basket, UK delivery is free on orders over £54.00 but may include customs or import tax and one more thing to note the Chroma series keyboards only come with US key layout.

Hope this helps!

MadShadow
14-01-15, 04:23 PM
David Cameron wants to ban encryption that the government cannot read *if re-elected*

He says: "In our country, do we want to allow a means of communication between people which […] we cannot read?”

Pls nobody let this knob get re-elected...

Source - Kitguru (http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/security-software/jon-martindale/david-cameron-to-ban-effective-encryption-if-re-elected/)

yassarikhan786
14-01-15, 07:33 PM
All our PM's are inherently dip s.

MadShadow
14-01-15, 07:38 PM
All our PM's are inherently dip s.

Yep, I couldn't agree more

MunneY
14-01-15, 11:29 PM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X To Feature Tweakable Idle Fan-off Mode

Taking advantage of the low TDP of GeForce GTX 970 and GTX 980, several NVIDIA add-in card (AIC) partners such as ASUS, MSI, and Palit, innovated their VGA cooling solutions to feature idle fan-off. Such a feature lets the card turn its fans completely off, when the GPU is idling, or is below a temperature threshold, making the card completely silent when not gaming. NVIDIA plans to standardize this with its next-generation GeForce GTX TITAN X graphics card.

Given that its TITAN family of super high-end graphics cards never get to be custom-designed by AICs, NVIDIA has decided to standardize an idle fan-off feature of its own. Unlike AICs, who have used specialized fan-controller chips that take auxiliary temperature input to decide when to turn the fan off, NVIDIA's approach will be more driver-based. Future drivers accompanying the GTX TITAN X will offer a new feature, which when enabled, lets you choose between a non-linear fan curve that keeps the fan off; and one that runs it at low speeds.

http://www.techpowerup.com/208911/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-to-feature-tweakable-idle-fan-off-mode.html

Warchild
19-01-15, 02:29 PM
For those relishing a chance to watercool their sexy Galax 980 GTX Hall of Fame cards it seems a company Diamond Cooling is working on a block that EK has stated they are not interested in at this time.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLGbMXsBQJlNYSeLDTq2-3ICsh2vle18mB7DytqIDUTHjzs6QQJg

However, make of it what you will as from my point of view these blocks don't quite have the appeal for me at the moment with the first image just being a render.

On the plus side at least, I read that you can have a custom engraving placed on the block or backplate (supplied with block)

http://www.diamondcooling.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/1899726_780023058721007_2530879390230140915_o1.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/72q3ad.png

Come on EK/Bitspower, We need your designs thrown into the mix here.

My real issue with the 980 HOF is having to sacrifice a truly outstanding cooler to put this under water. Very, very rare do I regret seeing a fan cooler removed from a GPU in order to put it under water like I feel right now with this card.

chrismjurd
21-01-15, 07:08 PM
Microsoft HoloLens

New frontiers are rapidly approaching as Microsoft have developed, a Holographic computer unit, in the form of a glasses wearable.

HoloLens merges holograms with the real world, allowing gestures and voice control for interfacing with this virtual hybrid. A clear lens with a clever overlay processes and transmits photons into your field of view, giving the impression that whatever you are seeing is actually there mapped into real time dimensions. This is "Terrabytes of data per second" to cope with this magnitude of data the device has three processors, the traditional CPU, GPU and HPU (Holographic processing unit) this third processor is utilised for seeing as we do, trying to quantify your surroundings.

Seems to be much further along than Google Glass, and on a whole different level to the Occulus Rift, perhaps this is why Glass has been pulled from sale for now?

quick Microsoft Video from youtube showing a tech demo of the unit. most scenes are interpreted renders, but some scenes, with the woman and the quadcopter are a camera developed unit showing us what a user would actually see.

very interesting, could actually signal the end of displays as we know.. hmm

we shall see.

hNpKP6R05ko
Source of Video direct Microsoft, relinked on youtube via Anton New.

Dicehunter
25-01-15, 07:20 PM
Homeworld Remastered Collection up now on Steam for pre-purchase, 1 month to release :D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244160?snr=1_41_4__42

https://gearboxsoftwarecom.s3.amazonaws.com/images/_/20140305/5cd268c33cf4fe0eade242c73d7dd1c8c8e27f8e_600x338.j pg

uTy142rQTP4

Sypherian
26-01-15, 04:01 AM
It looks like the GTX 980 Ti release date has been set for April 2015 by Nvidia if the reports are to be believed.

Cyberland has reported that the GTX 980 Ti release has been allegedly set to April 2015 by Nvidia following reports and rumors that the upcoming flagship video has been delayed to 2016.

I also fell over an article about the specs however these are unconfirmed so pure speculation but it does sound interesting indeed.

I'm definitely looking forward to this card :-D

Warchild
26-01-15, 12:16 PM
There seem to be reports going around about a memory allocation potential flaw on GTX970 cards due to the cut SMs and the way that the memory has been partitioned to compensate for the lower SMs compared to the 980.

Basically once you hit 3.5gb memory usage, and need to use the last 500mb the bandwidth tanks dreadfully as the last 500mb are on a second partition. There are discussions popping up all over the net at the moment with some creating some nice programs to test the memory clusters. These test do indeed show bandwidth falling to an alarmingly low figure once you exceed 3.5gb mem. Of course it's hard to "prove" Nvidia has a design flaw, but it is certainly interesting.

Source (http://techreport.com/news/27721/nvidia-admits-explains-geforce-gtx-970-memory-allocation-issue)

barnsley
26-01-15, 02:22 PM
ISIS or Lizard Squad? This is on Malaysia's airline site. Apparently some versions/localisations have 'ISIS Will prevail' written on them. They claim they did it with help from '@UMG_Chris' and 'UMG_Robert'. UMG is a company who are 'The fastest growing LAN provider in NA' aka game server providers. Chris has denied any involvement, stating ""No idea why they (Lizard Squad) hacked them (Malaysia Airlines) other than they are a group of kids who like attention so they figured it would get them that.

"As for them adding my Twitter, they simply don't like us. They have tried to hack our websites countless times.""
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2015/1/26/1422251070420/5e0ab1e0-23b5-4ccf-9d9a-796e1c74b9d0-1020x612.png
Source (http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/26/malaysia-airlines-website-hacked-by-lizard-squad)
Source 2 (http://news.sky.com/story/1414966/group-of-kids-hack-malaysia-airlines)

IMO these are either the brains behind Lizard Squad trying to get back into the limelight or people pretending to be them. It'll be interesting to see who, if anyone, reacts to it. Finest Squad weren't exactly very good.

NeverBackDown
26-01-15, 05:08 PM
It looks like the GTX 980 Ti release date has been set for April 2015 by Nvidia if the reports are to be believed.

Cyberland has reported that the GTX 980 Ti release has been allegedly set to April 2015 by Nvidia following reports and rumors that the upcoming flagship video has been delayed to 2016.

I also fell over an article about the specs however these are unconfirmed so pure speculation but it does sound interesting indeed.

There seem to be reports going around about a memory allocation potential flaw on GTX970 cards due to the cut SMs and the way that the memory has been partitioned to compensate for the lower SMs compared to the 980.

Basically once you hit 3.5gb memory usage, and need to use the last 500mb the bandwidth tanks dreadfully as the last 500mb are on a second partition. There are discussions popping up all over the net at the moment with some creating some nice programs to test the memory clusters. These test do indeed show bandwidth falling to an alarmingly low figure once you exceed 3.5gb mem. Of course it's hard to "prove" Nvidia has a design flaw, but it is certainly interesting.

All of this means nothing without sources.. otherwise it's just talk and not news.

Dicehunter
26-01-15, 05:36 PM

I can't see them calling it a 980 Ti seeing as it has nothing to do with a 980 as the GM204 chip has no modules left to enable, Calling it a 980 Ti would make no sense as the 2 chips aren't related at all.

The last time they did this though was in the 500 series days when they brought out a "560Ti GF114" and a "560 Ti GF110 Unlocked Cores Edition".

The 560 Ti GF114 had 384 CUDA cores while the 560 Ti GF110 had 448 CUDA cores, So they might do it again but for the sake of logic it would make more sense to call it something else, Like a Titan LE or something along those lines.

Warchild
26-01-15, 07:19 PM
All of this means nothing without sources.. otherwise it's just talk and not news.

Good point. I forgot to add the source. This one being one of many showing some kind of conspiracy or screw up that Nvidia claim is working as intended.

chrismjurd
29-01-15, 09:00 PM
just another Unreal engine demo, but its pretty sweet,
cameraman needs to get better though :)

Y6PQ19BEE24

SieB
29-01-15, 09:24 PM
just another Unreal engine demo, but its pretty sweet,
cameraman needs to get better though :)

Saw this earlier, can't wait for games that actually look like this.

You can download the demo from here for anyone interested.

http://www.benoitdereau.com/unrealparis.html

This looks interesting as well, also using the UE4 engine

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/asylum/identity

chrismjurd
29-01-15, 10:15 PM
Saw this earlier, can't wait for games that actually look like this.

You can download the demo from here for anyone interested.

http://www.benoitdereau.com/unrealparis.html

This looks interesting as well, also using the UE4 engine

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/asylum/identity

Yeah identity looks supa sweet, seen it on one of frankies vids the other day, and wow does a link from him give that kick starter a kick in the ass it was on like 40k when I saw it last.

SieB
29-01-15, 10:33 PM
Yeah identity looks supa sweet, seen it on one of frankies vids the other day, and wow does a link from him give that kick starter a kick in the ass it was on like 40k when I saw it last.

I saw it on Frankies vid the other day as well :) I probably would of never know about it otherwise.

Warchild
30-01-15, 12:02 PM
People who own the oneplus handsets might be interested in this one. Especially the last paragraph

Oneplus will not be supported by Cyanogen in the future (http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/2015/01/30/microsoft-cyanogen/1)

Zoot
30-01-15, 10:10 PM
I'm sure people have heard about the GTX 970 memory issue. I don't see why people get so worked up about it since it's really not going to make a difference in frame rates in games. Had I bought a 970 myself, I honestly wouldn't care.

Background: http://techreport.com/news/27721/nvidia-admits-explains-geforce-gtx-970-memory-allocation-issue

and apparently a lot of people are returning cards:
http://www.techpowerup.com/209409/perfectly-functional-gtx-970-cards-being-returned-over-memory-controversy.html

AMD have trolled Nvidia pretty hard in response. I'm actually finding it quite funny tbh. ^_^

http://www.techpowerup.com/209412/amd-cashes-in-on-gtx-970-drama-cuts-r9-290x-price.html

And now this:

http://wccftech.com/amd-offering-discounts-gtx-970-owners-memory-controversy/

http://i.imgur.com/KsVfsXN.jpg

yassarikhan786
31-01-15, 02:05 PM
Everyone's just jumping on the hate bandwagon I think.

NeverBackDown
31-01-15, 05:29 PM
Everyone's just jumping on the hate bandwagon I think.

Well when you lie about your products and then don't bother releasing the info at launch and trying to keep it on the DL then ya people should. It's being dishonest to consumers and on top of that breaking laws. If they told reviewers about this info at launch it would have played out very differently.

yassarikhan786
31-01-15, 06:08 PM
Well when you lie about your products and then don't bother releasing the info at launch and trying to keep it on the DL then ya people should. It's being dishonest to consumers and on top of that breaking laws. If they told reviewers about this info at launch it would have played out very differently.

I'm not saying it wasn't dishonest and treacherous on Nvidia's part and I'm also not saying that Nvidia shouldn't be punished in some form.

It's just that the news doesn't really change anything for the majority of people. It only really affects the enthusiasts and most of the people complaining either 1. Don't own a 970 and 2. It isn't likely they'd even hit the 3.5GB ceiling if they do.

NeverBackDown
31-01-15, 06:35 PM
I'm not saying it wasn't dishonest and treacherous on Nvidia's part and I'm also not saying that Nvidia shouldn't be punished in some form.

It's just that the news doesn't really change anything for the majority of people. It only really affects the enthusiasts and most of the people complaining either 1. Don't own a 970 and 2. It isn't likely they'd even hit the 3.5GB ceiling if they do.

I wasn't talking about that either.. you said people are jumping on the hate bandwagon. I explained why.. it was because they were being dishonest and knownigly exploiting consumers by with holding the information. Thats why people are doing it.. few people on this forums feel cheated and used because of this dishonesty. They spent their hard earned cash on something that is less powerful then it really is despite if ever hitting those limits. It's not so much the performance people rave about.

yassarikhan786
31-01-15, 07:45 PM
I wasn't talking about that either.. you said people are jumping on the hate bandwagon. I explained why.. it was because they were being dishonest and knownigly exploiting consumers by with holding the information. Thats why people are doing it.. few people on this forums feel cheated and used because of this dishonesty. They spent their hard earned cash on something that is less powerful then it really is despite if ever hitting those limits. It's not so much the performance people rave about.

I get that, but every company withholds information. It's the nature of the game. We rarely get anything that is 100% as advertised, so it shouldn't really be that big an issue.

Warchild
31-01-15, 09:51 PM
I get that, but every company withholds information. It's the nature of the game. We rarely get anything that is 100% as advertised, so it shouldn't really be that big an issue.

Take this somewhere else. This thread is for news. not debates on the news topics.

yassarikhan786
31-01-15, 10:27 PM
Take this somewhere else. This thread is for news. not debates on the news topics.

Apologies. I think we're finished now.

WillSK
03-02-15, 10:52 AM
Google Earth Pro is now free :)

https://www.google.com/work/mapsearth/products/earthpro.html

Dunno if it'll be of any benefit to anyone but cool to know

Warchild
03-02-15, 11:36 AM
Ubisoft, yet again have received a nasty backlash from their customer base. This time it comes from those who bought CD keys from dubious sources and had their keys banned for FarCry 4.

Ubisoft has now retracted and renabled the fraud keys for those who were "already" playing. Unused fraud keys remain blocked/banned.

Source (http://sportsnewsportal.net/en/ubisoft-reinstating-some-fraudulent-far-cry-4-and-assassins-creed-unity-copies/)

Really does go from bad to worse for these guys. What amazes me though, thanks to unwitting people who continue to preorder their products. Their shares have continued to rise at a steady rate. They already recovered from their drop following the botched ACU.

Warchild
04-02-15, 07:52 AM
Looks like a Law firm is out to make a name for themselves. If you want to assist you can follow the link and email them.

http://bursor.com/investigations/nvidia/

http://i59.tinypic.com/2luz5gn.png

Dawelio
04-02-15, 10:23 AM
And now this:

http://wccftech.com/amd-offering-discounts-gtx-970-owners-memory-controversy/

http://i.imgur.com/KsVfsXN.jpg

Followed the link to the "R9 390X" page and found this...

http://wccftech.com/amd-r9-380x/

If that is true, it doesn't look a lot like AMD has gone the "power efficient" way this time around either. Due to the dual 8 pins.
But then it's not confirmed yet as far as I know.

http://cdn4.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Radeon-R9-390X-concept.jpg

Anyone have any thoughts on this?...

***EDIT*** - On a second note, that looks a lot like the R9 285x2 lol :huh:..

WYP
16-02-15, 04:01 PM
Halo movie trailer!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-nightfall-film-release-date-announced/1100-6425333/

Thelosouvlakia
19-02-15, 10:00 AM
Something was heard about Corsairs new Hydro GT series units leaking if they are stored in cold environments. [Although I don't have a source for that, can someone investigate further?]

Feronix
19-02-15, 10:05 AM
Something was heard about Corsairs new Hydro GT series units leaking if they are stored in cold environments. [Although I don't have a source for that, can someone investigate further?]

What kind of 'cold' temperatures are we speaking of here?

Could be possible, everything shrinks a little when it gets cold, especially metals but that would only mean the fittings get tighter? Maybe too tight to the point they break the hose?

Thelosouvlakia
19-02-15, 10:17 AM

Could be possible, everything shrinks a little when it gets cold, especially metals but that would only mean the fittings get tighter? Maybe too tight to the point they break the hose?

Around -5 to -10 degrees Celcius, if I can recall correctly

Feronix
19-02-15, 10:23 AM
Around -5 to -10 degrees Celcius, if I can recall correctly

Honestly I think if it's -5C in your house you have other things to worry about than your computer :lol:

barnsley
19-02-15, 10:29 AM
Lenovo is selling computers that come preinstalled with adware that hijacks encrypted Web sessions and may make users vulnerable to HTTPS man-in-the-middle attacks that are trivial for attackers to carry out, security researchers said.

The critical threat is present on Lenovo PCs that have adware from a company called Superfish installed. As unsavory as many people find software that injects ads into Web pages, there's something much more nefarious about the Superfish package. It installs a self-signed root HTTPS certificate that can intercept encrypted traffic for every website a user visits. When a user visits an HTTPS site, the site certificate is signed and controlled by Superfish and falsely represents itself as the official website certificate.

Even worse, the private encryption key accompanying the Superfish-signed Transport Layer Security certificate appears to be the same for every Lenovo machine. Attackers may be able to use the key to certify imposter HTTPS websites that masquerade as Bank of America, Google, or any other secure destination on the Internet. Under such a scenario, PCs that have the Superfish root certificate installed will fail to flag the sites as forgeries—a failure that completely undermines the reason HTTPS protections exist in the first place.
Well thats some faith in Lenovo lost. I'm presuming its their non Thinkpad stuff, so buisness people should be ok. Its a good example that you should clear crap off a new laptop.

Full article from ARS Technica (http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/02/lenovo-pcs-ship-with-man-in-the-middle-adware-that-breaks-https-connections/)

Warchild
19-02-15, 10:42 AM
Halo movie trailer!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-nightfall-film-release-date-announced/1100-6425333/

Im enjoying the short episodes they release on Xbox halo channel. It has promise.

I also enjoyed the Halo: Forward unto dawn on netflix. its low budget but cant complain.

Thelosouvlakia
19-02-15, 10:44 AM
Honestly I think if it's -5C in your house you have other things to worry about than your computer :lol:

Not if you are a retailer enterprise with warehouses and you are based in lets say Canada. Warehouses won't be heated and with outside temps beeing -20C...

Feronix
19-02-15, 10:45 AM
Not if you are a retailer enterprise with warehouses and you are based in lets say Canada. Warehouses won't be heated and with outside temps beeing -20C...

Aye, that is a good point... :huh:

JR23
19-02-15, 12:16 PM

It's full of water silly, that thing famed for getting bigger when it freezes ;) and freezing at 0°C. I believe they do use glycol-something in Corsair AIO's just like antifreeze but it's quite possible they got the concentration wrong.

The concern is they may be vulnerable to freeze damage during the shipping and distribution process. Presumably they will have made adjustments to the coolant and hence recalled the original batches from retailers. It's not a total recall from customers as chances are if it's reached them without harm it will never experience -10°C.

JR

Kaapstad
19-02-15, 01:26 PM
Followed the link to the "R9 390X" page and found this...

http://wccftech.com/amd-r9-380x/

If that is true, it doesn't look a lot like AMD has gone the "power efficient" way this time around either. Due to the dual 8 pins.
But then it's not confirmed yet as far as I know.

http://cdn4.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Radeon-R9-390X-concept.jpg

Anyone have any thoughts on this?...

***EDIT*** - On a second note, that looks a lot like the R9 285x2 lol :huh:..

Old pic and if you look carefully you can see it is a fake.:)

Zoot
19-02-15, 07:03 PM
DX12 versus DX11 – Over 100fps Difference on Unreleased GPU in New Test, “Way beyond Console Stuff”

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/dx12-versus-dx11-over-100fps-difference-on-unreleased-gpu-in-new-test-way-beyond-console-stuff/

Anyone seem this? If it's true, we've a lot to look forward to. Not to mention it doesn't make DX11 look very good either. ^_^

NeverBackDown
19-02-15, 07:11 PM
DX12 versus DX11 – Over 100fps Difference on Unreleased GPU in New Test, “Way beyond Console Stuff”

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/dx12-versus-dx11-over-100fps-difference-on-unreleased-gpu-in-new-test-way-beyond-console-stuff/

Anyone seem this? If it's true, we've a lot to look forward to. Not to mention it doesn't make DX11 look very good either. ^_^

Doubt it. He needs to show proof before making a claim.. hiding behind some NDA and talking about this stuff and commenting he can't talk about the hardware is just dumb.

Thelosouvlakia
19-02-15, 07:24 PM
Doubt it. He needs to show proof before making a claim.. hiding behind some NDA and talking about this stuff and commenting he can't talk about the hardware is just dumb.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7N_asuhW9Q :p

Lets say that the benchmark is correct. DX12 on the older AMD cpus.. if the games can spread all over the 8 cores (or at least 6) and get those results. Heh, AMD is going to throw a party!

NeverBackDown
19-02-15, 07:46 PM
:p

Lets say that the benchmark is correct. DX12 on the older AMD cpus.. if the games can spread all over the 8 cores (or at least 6) and get those results. Heh, AMD is going to throw a party!

Video doesn't really prove any point.. he wasn't hiding behind the NDA. He actually showed and talked about it. Stardock guy didn't. Still doubt it's a 100fps difference. That or they tailored it to get that high.. that or he posted a minimum DX11 frame and the max DX12 frame.

edit: anyway let's stay on topic.. quick news thread.

barnsley
19-02-15, 08:57 PM

He can't talk about the hardware because it is an unreleased card.

Kaapstad
19-02-15, 09:16 PM

Totally meaningless

I can prove that a 285 is twice as fast as a 290X with Tessellation but no one is going to take a 285 over a 290X.

Things taken in isolation are totally meaningless.

WYP
19-02-15, 09:41 PM
Totally meaningless

I can prove that a 285 is twice as fast as a 290X with Tessellation but no one is going to take a 285 over a 290X.

Things taken in isolation are totally meaningless.

Couldn't have said it better myself. If you build a test to exploit a bottleneck in the System, is is any surprise you get results like this?

Things like this are meaningless until we see it across a range of situations.

SieB
19-02-15, 10:25 PM
I hope we get a DX12 benchmark to play with soon. 3D Mark is working on one, Star Swarm have a DX12 version of their benchmark in house and I think MS also have a benchmark they are going to be releasing if I remember correctly.

Grey_beard
19-02-15, 11:10 PM
Just a heads up guys regarding H110i GT. Before you hear/read it from somewhere else, I think its best that I post it here too. This is our official statement to address this issue.

Source: Corsair Forum (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=137973)

Greetings everyone.

As a precautionary measure, Corsair has recalled the H110i GT from our resellers for screening. Here’s some information about what this means to you.

1. We discovered that when some units are exposed to extremely cold, sub-freezing temperatures during shipment, they can leak small amounts of coolant.

2. This problem can be immediately identified when the box is opened as some users noticed small drops of coolant in the plastic bag surrounding the unit.

3. If there has been no coolant leaked in the package, the unit should operate normally and with no problems.

Though we have seen no failures of units during operation, and have tested units in a wide variety of conditions to verify they have not leaked once installed, we understand that this can be disconcerting. If you have purchased this product and have a concern, please contact your reseller or Corsair directly to return the product. We will likely not have replacement units available for six weeks, as the entire recall, screening, and re-manufacturing process takes significant shipping time.

Thank you for purchasing Corsair, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please discuss here (http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?p=826957#post826957).

NeverBackDown
20-02-15, 03:55 AM
He can't talk about the hardware because it is an unreleased card.

Obviously? I even said that.. he's making a random claim but won't even release the rig specs at all.. hell not even a psu for crying out loud. So really it's just a hype rumor with no source to back it up. NDA or not making this claim and then not being able to talk about it was the point, to make that undisclosed card get more hype. Yes it is most likely AMD we all know that.. which again is the point, for hype. We've seen 980's using DX12 benchs, they are nothing in comparison if his claim is true. And as i have already said, he could be reporting a max for DX12 and a min frame for DX11. Which is most likely the case. Don't get me wrong, i want this to be real, i'm just not expecting it.

Just a heads up guys regarding H110i GT. Before you hear/read it from somewhere else, I think its best that I post it here too. This is our official statement to address this issue.

Damn what a shame, i was thinking about getting one too.

Feronix
21-02-15, 10:03 AM
Microsoft has updated Windows Defender (1.193.444.0) to detect and remove the Superfish Malware that Lenovo has provided with their systems.

Also Lenovo themselves have made a tool available for download to remove the software:
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/product_security/superfish_uninstall

yassarikhan786
21-02-15, 04:25 PM
Well thats some faith in Lenovo lost. I'm presuming its their non Thinkpad stuff, so buisness people should be ok. Its a good example that you should clear crap off a new laptop.

Full article from ARS Technica (http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/02/lenovo-pcs-ship-with-man-in-the-middle-adware-that-breaks-https-connections/)

Pretty nasty stuff that Superfish is.

Ars also posted a guide to removing it without a clean install:

Remove Superfish (http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/02/how-to-remove-the-superfish-malware-what-lenovo-doesnt-tell-you/?comments=1)

NeverBackDown
21-02-15, 06:02 PM
Well at least MS and Lenevo have released things to get rid of them. I wonder if any of the other AV companies have done so as well.

Highlander89
22-02-15, 07:57 AM
You can make what you want out of this one.
Kaspersky Exposes Massive US Spying program

A hacking group, named Equation, with ‘superhuman technical feats’ indicating ‘extraordinary skill and unlimited resources’, has compromised the firmware of hard drive controllers from Western Digital, Seagate, Toshiba, IBN, Samsung and many other top manufacturers. The 14-year cyber espionage campaign associated with the US National Security Agency hid spying software deep within hard drives allowing NSA to snoop on personal computers in 30 countries with maximum spying in Iran, Russia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, China, Mali, Syria, Yemen and Algeria.

Read more here (http://anonhq.com/kaspersky-exposes-massive-us-spying-program-your-pc-may-be-infected-too)

WYP
22-02-15, 06:21 PM
big news, the PS4 version of Dead or alive 5 has more jiggly boob physics!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxavs5EpooU

I've lost faith in mankind

TPC
22-02-15, 06:26 PM
the ps3 version looks more realistic :lol:

NeverBackDown
23-02-15, 12:23 AM

Read more here (http://anonhq.com/kaspersky-exposes-massive-us-spying-program-your-pc-may-be-infected-too)

Sigh.. nothing in the world is safe. Never will be either now.

Highlander89
23-02-15, 07:04 AM
Sigh.. nothing in the world is safe. Never will be either now.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Bb-a3z_0_RQ/TXEpdJ5c4rI/AAAAAAAAAcc/GLOIE1FkHa4/s1600/Duck-and-cover-it-really-helps.gif

barnsley
23-02-15, 08:36 AM

A Russian company (which is linked to the FSB in varying ways) claims America is spying. I mean, they probably(almost certainly, lets be honest..) are right BUT never forget that Kaspersky aren't to be totally trusted when it comes to pointing the finger at the west. That said they are very talented.

Damien c
23-02-15, 10:37 AM
Nvidia are holding a event on 3rd March

http://www.nvidia.com/content/M2G/made-to-game.html

I wonder if the GTX980Ti will be announced or if it will be the new Titan card that has been rumoured.

For me personally if it's the 980Ti and it has more Vram than the 980 then I may finally have a card to upgrade to from, my 780Ti sli setup which is being made to work with me now having a 4K monitor.

Doomslayer
23-02-15, 10:46 AM
Hmmm

Nvidia said "More than 5 years in the making, what I want to share with you will redefine the future of gaming" then what came out 5 years ago

barnsley
24-02-15, 02:18 PM
Who is suprised?
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1655909_948372491854277_7941687081396897348_n.jpg? oh=1586b8da354298454a79a25c460c324e&oe=554A35A9&__gda__=1435529522_342220ee9426e6d4dc74a1c8ce8d658 d
(this was on Rock Star's FB

WYP
24-02-15, 02:23 PM
Who is suprised?
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1655909_948372491854277_7941687081396897348_n.jpg? oh=1586b8da354298454a79a25c460c324e&oe=554A35A9&__gda__=1435529522_342220ee9426e6d4dc74a1c8ce8d658 d
(this was on Rock Star's FB

Is that before or after the PC release?

JR23
24-02-15, 02:29 PM
Is that before or after the PC release?

That is now the PC release date :(

Delaying the delay is a little poor, now everyones gonna troll the f* out of it and that makes me far angrier than a delay.

JR

WYP
24-02-15, 02:30 PM
That is now the PC release date :(

Delaying the delay is a little poor, now everyones gonna troll the f* out of it and that makes me far angrier than a delay.

JR

Yeah, misread it the first time. haha.

Ugh, another delay on PC. It better work well at launch.

Feronix
24-02-15, 02:31 PM
"We don't care much about the PC cause everyone pirates our game anyway"

Aye, no wonder if you release it 1.5 years later, for the same full price that we've already paid for the console version before. I'm seriously contemplating just not buying it now, Rockstar don't deserve my money.

barnsley
24-02-15, 02:37 PM
Tbh it is only a few weeks more. I guess they found something major/forgot something like supporting dual core cpus.

Makes a change from Ubisoft I guess. That and they're probably still reeling from the last GTA port...

NeverBackDown
24-02-15, 05:50 PM
I wasn't gonna get GTA V anyway. Never really liked the series tbh

stampedeadam
24-02-15, 07:36 PM
Question is - will Nvidia block it, like they blocked using a cheaper Geforce card for PhysX with a Radeon GPU?

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-directx12-amd-nvidia,28606.html

NeverBackDown
24-02-15, 09:40 PM
Question is - will Nvidia block it, like they blocked using a cheaper Geforce card for PhysX with a Radeon GPU?

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-directx12-amd-nvidia,28606.html

Lot of reports are bringing this up. This one however also states that it's source claims it would work with both Nvidia and AMD cards together.. won't happen for many reasons and i also doubt it would support both at the same time.. 2 different drivers, 2 different gpus running a game(engine would need to support it) and etc.. SFR is really the only thing i can see happening.

SuB
26-02-15, 10:05 AM
So Homeworld Remastered released yesterday, and I've played a little of it. and it's superb.

P.S. If you pre-ordered the collectors box from amazon, check your inbox and prepare to have a grateful friend ;)

ShaunB-91
26-02-15, 10:13 AM
"We don't care much about the PC cause everyone pirates our game anyway"

Aye, no wonder if you release it 1.5 years later, for the same full price that we've already paid for the console version before. I'm seriously contemplating just not buying it now, Rockstar don't deserve my money.

This is how I feel. Plus delaying it a little longer for the better is like well okay but they already discussed the next game in the series not long ago, YES I know its ages before it comes out but the point is talks of a new game when this one hasn't even arrived yet.

They are starting to take the pee now.

SieB
27-02-15, 06:40 PM
Leonard Nimoy, AKA Mr Spock died today :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31662024

http://i.imgur.com/adGXu1r.jpg

Dicehunter
27-02-15, 07:04 PM
Nvidia are holding a event on 3rd March

http://www.nvidia.com/content/M2G/made-to-game.html

I wonder if the GTX980Ti will be announced or if it will be the new Titan card that has been rumoured.

Technically they will have to call it something else if they are following their recent naming scheme as the 980 Ti will be on the GM200 chip as the GM204 *980* doesn't have anymore SMX's to enable as it is a full fat chip, So they will probably have to call it the Titan LE or something along those lines.

JR23
27-02-15, 07:16 PM
Technically they will have to call it something else if they are following their recent naming scheme as the 980 Ti will be on the GM200 chip as the GM204 *980* doesn't have anymore SMX's to enable as it is a full fat chip, So they will probably have to call it the Titan LE or something along those lines.

It will ultimately depend on AMD's play i'd imagine they will want to keep the top 9-series card within a close margin of a 390X. Whether that be a 980Ti, 985, 990 or whatever isn't really important but I would imagine it will need to be better than the 980 as AMD shouldn't settle for a 10% increment.

If their cards don't stack up against the competition I would imagine they will forget their naming scheme pretty sharp. Titan as a brand needs to stay reserved for the stupid times where price does not apply.

JR

Feronix
27-02-15, 09:42 PM
On my phone right now so this link will have to do for a bit, but
Samsung 850 SSD owners better postpone updating their drive's firmware for a bit

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/after_samsung_840_evo_issues_now_the_850_pro_has_i ssues_too.html

Dicehunter
28-02-15, 09:21 PM
New bios for the Sabertooth Z97 shows update for 5th gen CPU's, Broadwell incoming :D

http://i.imgur.com/bu5hcHI.png?1

NeverBackDown
01-03-15, 05:33 AM
New bios for the Sabertooth Z97 shows update for 5th gen CPU's, Broadwell incoming :D

I'd be more excited about NVMe support tbh dude!

Excalabur50
01-03-15, 06:53 AM

A shame he's gone I don't think there were many older people who did not grow up with him on the tele

yassarikhan786
01-03-15, 09:32 AM

Never watched Star Trek, but I loved his work on Fringe.

JR23
01-03-15, 09:52 AM
One of you boys should be keeping an eye on this (http://www.htc.com/us/go/launch/) ;)

JR

Feronix
01-03-15, 01:59 PM
One of you boys should be keeping an eye on this (http://www.htc.com/us/go/launch/) ;)

JR

HTC Livestream here, starting in 2 minutes ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWhM_oHr558

JR23
01-03-15, 02:28 PM
HTC Livestream here, starting in 2 minutes ;)

Plot twist!!!

JR

barnsley
01-03-15, 02:30 PM
Surely you all know everything about the new HTC lineup as it's always being 'leaked'?

JR23
01-03-15, 02:38 PM
Surely you all know everything about the new HTC lineup as it's always being 'leaked'?

News is news when its confirmed by the concerned party. Before that it's just hype and clickbait.

JR

barnsley
01-03-15, 02:44 PM
News is news when its confirmed by the concerned party. Before that it's just hype and clickbait.

JR

It was pretty accurate last time though. Never a fan of the whole 'leak' thing that always goes on in tech. Its either done by the company to build hype or its just some lame website making stuff up.

Ah well.
I'm hoping HTC release something cool but daft.

JR23
01-03-15, 02:52 PM
It was pretty accurate last time though. Never a fan of the whole 'leak' thing that always goes on in tech. Its either done by the company to build hype or its just some lame website making stuff up.

Ah well.
I'm hoping HTC release something cool but daft.

Did you watch it? I still enjoyed hearing what they had to say about it, BS or not, and confirming availability etc. I will probably be ordering an M9 shortly so it was good to see.

JR

barnsley
01-03-15, 03:05 PM
Did you watch it? I still enjoyed hearing what they had to say about it, BS or not, and confirming availability etc. I will probably be ordering an M9 shortly so it was good to see.

JR

I've seen the bit about valve and HTC doing the VR stuff but I had to go cook lunch. If I was able to get an android phone I'd still go for a Xiomi MiNote Pro. When that comes out, that is.

NeverBackDown
01-03-15, 05:04 PM
Love my HTC M8 and the M9 will be better, just read an article earlier today about a guy who used the M9 around the town and the camera quality was meh despite being a 20MP rear camera.

If MS can get their phone market together, i'll probably go for a high end WP to go along with W10. If that all works out to how it's gonna be

TPC
01-03-15, 05:35 PM
i still don't understand who in the world needs a new high end smartphone every year

JR23
01-03-15, 06:40 PM
i still don't understand who in the world needs a new high end smartphone every year

It's not mandatory to buy one every refresh, just like nearly everything else that is updated annually. ;)

JR

Excalabur50
01-03-15, 10:03 PM
The new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kl9fsuHIkk

Tripp
01-03-15, 11:56 PM
i will just leave this here

http://www.gamepur.com/news/18159-half-life-3-announcement-incoming-valve-march-3-gdc-2015-another-troll.html

MrKambo
03-03-15, 08:26 AM
Mantle is dead

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2891672/amds-mantle-10-is-dead-long-live-directx.html

barnsley
03-03-15, 09:22 AM
Mantle is dead

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2891672/amds-mantle-10-is-dead-long-live-directx.html

Not really dead, more like they're not going to keep working on it themselves and might move it to professional Applications instead (e.g. photoshop). Also they supposedly have put some work (http://techreport.com/news/26922/amd-%C2%ADhopes-to-put-a-littl%C2%ADe-mantle-in-opengl-n%C2%ADext) into OpenGL next.

Warchild
03-03-15, 09:33 AM
Not really dead, more like they're not going to keep working on it themselves and might move it to professional Applications instead (e.g. photoshop). Also they supposedly have put some work (http://techreport.com/news/26922/amd-%C2%ADhopes-to-put-a-littl%C2%ADe-mantle-in-opengl-n%C2%ADext) into OpenGL next.

For those interested in GLnext. Apparently its been officially name Vulcan

Both AMD and Nvidia are involved in the development of Vulkan and have pledged to implement the API on their respective graphics hardware, but the Khronos Group has yet to offer a firm timescale for a public release beyond promising a specification and reference implementation 'later this year.'

Source (https://www.khronos.org/vulkan)

TPC
04-03-15, 06:26 PM
http://pics.computerbase.de/6/3/5/2/2/1.jpg

The Titan X ladies and gentleman! 12GB Vram 3.072 Shader 384-Bit-Memoryinterface
http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2015/03/04/smaug/

Wraith
04-03-15, 06:50 PM
All Assetto Corsa fans, prepare your pads/wheels even keyboards for the biggest laser scanned track ever regenerated in a simulator and 10 extra cars, that's right the "Green hell" is here (well nearly 03/11/2015) pre purchase price at the moment is £7.99 (RRP £10.99) for the Dream Pack expansion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a98ukR9RPM

yassarikhan786
04-03-15, 08:06 PM
http://pics.computerbase.de/6/3/5/2/2/1.jpg

The Titan X ladies and gentleman! 10.5GB Vram 3.072 Shader 384-Bit-Memoryinterface
http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2015/03/04/smaug/

Ftfy :p

Dawelio
04-03-15, 11:35 PM
big news, the PS4 version of Dead or alive 5 has more jiggly boob physics!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxavs5EpooU

I've lost faith in mankind

Well the first, woman in white, she got the jackpot from me :p

Warchild
05-03-15, 10:57 AM
Elite Dangerous is coming to Xbox One

Source (http://www.vg247.com/2015/03/04/elite-dangerous-xbox-one-windows-10/)

Warchild
05-03-15, 11:34 AM
Double posting but keeping news separate

EA strikes again...

This time they have decided to close Maxis Emeryville, the group responsible for Simcity, The Sims and Spore.

Source (http://www.beyondsims.com/55229/ea-closes-maxis-emeryville/)

They claim this is due to poor success of the above titles, and the huge backlash from players in the likes of SimCity and Sims4 claiming content was gutted and pushed into DLC unlike previous titles. Not to mention the lies involved around the SimCity internet mandatory connection which was provden false by cracking teams.

xnax2802
05-03-15, 01:20 PM
Double posting but keeping news separate

EA strikes again...

This time they have decided to close Maxis Emeryville, the group responsible for Simcity, The Sims and Spore.

Source (http://www.beyondsims.com/55229/ea-closes-maxis-emeryville/)

They claim this is due to poor success of the above titles, and the huge backlash from players in the likes of SimCity and Sims4 claiming content was gutted and pushed into DLC unlike previous titles. Not to mention the lies involved around the SimCity internet mandatory connection which was provden false by cracking teams.

I personally feel that Maxis has made the worst games for EA, so my jimmies are perfectly unrustled (:

NeverBackDown
09-03-15, 12:56 AM
At GDC AMD showed off an Oculus rift demo powered by an "upcoming flagship Radeon R9 video card." They declined any further details however.
source: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/43945/amd-unveil-next-gen-radeon-r9-390x-computex-june/index.html

More AMD news.

Kitguru/VRWORLD/WCCFTech reported that AMD elected not to release one or two new cards earlier this month due to some factors. Instead however they now are rumored to be preparing for a launch with a FULL LINEUP of GPUs. Whats more interesting is they are rumored to ALL be based off NEW architecture and no rebranding. This wasn't commented on by AMD but AMD have said all their new GPUs will support Freesync. Currently AMD’s Hawaii (290 series), Tonga (285) and Bonaire (260 series) GPUs support FreeSync. All others do not and in order to make them support it, it would require on die changes. AMD opted to just make a new architecture instead as they needed to redesign the dies anyway.

Rumored to be Unveiled/launched at Computex(June 1) with a full line up of GPUs.
Sources:
http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/amd-to-introduce-its-Radeon-r9-300-series-lineup-at-computex/
http://www.vrworld.com/2015/03/08/amd-r9-300-series-said-launch-computex-2015/
http://wccftech.com/amd-r9-300-series-not-rebrands/

Summarized as much as i could for a "quick news" post. Little more info in the articles though.

Tripp
09-03-15, 01:44 AM
a whole new line up, wow AMD might actually kick some ass this year

Doomslayer
09-03-15, 02:41 AM
Going have to wait until June now :( i guess they did say Q2.

Hmmm should i wait or should i just get a 290 or 290X

NeverBackDown
09-03-15, 03:08 AM
Going have to wait until June now :( i guess they did say Q2.

Hmmm should i wait or should i just get a 290 or 290X

Not confirmed.. just rumor

Doomslayer
09-03-15, 03:52 AM
Not confirmed.. just rumor

Yeah i understand its just a rumor, is there any other major trade shows coming up apart from computex

JR23
09-03-15, 10:44 PM
Anybody want to write up the Avexir's with lightning inside? I don't they make me feel sick but maybe someone might like or even want them. - http://www.avexir.com/company/news/20150306.html

JR

Kyiagi
10-03-15, 01:04 AM
looks so cheap but costs £300 for 16gb ;)

Warchild
10-03-15, 08:12 AM
Shape of those sticks looks like it was design by same crazy modern architect. Its horrible.

Dicehunter
10-03-15, 09:07 AM
Nvidia driver dev interview

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/666419-.../#entry5215019

The first lesson is: Nearly every game ships broken. We're talking major AAA titles from vendors who are everyday names in the industry. In some cases, we're talking about blatant violations of API rules - one D3D9 game never even called BeginFrame/EndFrame. Some are mistakes or oversights - one shipped bad shaders that heavily impacted performance on NV drivers. These things were day to day occurrences that went into a bug tracker. Then somebody would go in, find out what the game screwed up, and patch the driver to deal with it. There are lots of optional patches already in the driver that are simply toggled on or off as per-game settings, and then hacks that are more specific to games - up to and including total replacement of the shipping shaders with custom versions by the driver team. Ever wondered why nearly every major game release is accompanied by a matching driver release from AMD and/or NVIDIA? There you

Warchild
12-03-15, 01:52 PM
Couldn't find a source so this is still speculative but it seems the Star Citizen will be a hefty client in size. Approx 100gb :O

The in development crowd funded space sim Star Citizen is likely to require a 100GB download for the client software.

Roberts Space Industries director of game operations Jeremy Masker revealed the unusually high size on the official forums, rebutting a previous estimate of around 30-40GB. The large client size is simply because of the size and number of assets that need to be delivered.

edit
Source (http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/12/8198615/star-citizens-client-will-be-a-100gb-download)

SPS
12-03-15, 02:01 PM
Nvidia driver dev interview

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/666419-.../#entry5215019

Ex-Intern Nvidia Dev..

Anyway it is a good read for anyone that doesn't realise this.

Warchild
12-03-15, 03:46 PM
For the readers among us.

Terry Pratchett R.I.P

I loved his books :(

Source (http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/mar/12/terry-pratchett-author-of-the-discworld-series-dies-aged-66)

Zoot
12-03-15, 07:54 PM
More R9 300 series rumors/stuff..

http://techreport.com/news/27954/latest-radeon-rumor-points-to-april-release-for-r9-370

Videocardz has images (http://videocardz.com/55051/xfx-radeon-r9-370-core-edition-leaks-out-coming-early-april) of an apparent product listing for the Radeon R9 370, which is pegged for an early April release.

I don't know about other people, but I always find this time to be kind of interesting. We know they're close to launching something, we just don't know what exactly or when.

Is it me or does AMD attract so much more speculation, discussion and rumors than Intel/Nvidia when they come up to releasing something new?

Highlander89
12-03-15, 09:48 PM
For the readers among us.

Terry Pratchett R.I.P

I loved his books :(

Source (http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/mar/12/terry-pratchett-author-of-the-discworld-series-dies-aged-66)
Damn shame, RIP.

I enjoyed many of his books :(

More R9 300 series rumors/stuff..

http://techreport.com/news/27954/latest-radeon-rumor-points-to-april-release-for-r9-370

I don't know about other people, but I always find this time to be kind of interesting. We know they're close to launching something, we just don't know what exactly or when.

Is it me or does AMD attract so much more speculation, discussion and rumors than Intel/Nvidia when they come up to releasing something new?

The specifications matrix also indicates that the card has only one PCIe power connector and a single fan. Odds are it's easy to keep cool.now that's interesting...

MrKambo
13-03-15, 01:32 PM
X99 m-itx you say

http://anandtech.com/show/9081/asrock-to-debut-mini-itx-haswell-e-at-cebit-x99e-itx-ac-with-usb-3-1

Feronix
13-03-15, 02:15 PM
That socket looks so weird lmao... Interesting though... definitely interesting although I doubt it'll work very well. Maybe if they used a dual-layer PCB and the sense that they've basically got two stacked ones to make up for the space taken up by the socket.

Or the solutions that Asus and MSI are going for now. Actually, I'm surprised ASRock didn't for that.

Dicehunter
17-03-15, 12:38 PM
Mainboards for Intel ‘Skylake’ chips to hit the market in September

With 14nm fabrication process finally mature enough for production of high-end microprocessors, Intel Corp. feels itself pretty comfortable. With no or little competitive pressure from Advanced Micro Devices, the world’s largest chipmaker can release new products when it makes the most business sense for it. The company takes advantage of this situation and has no intention to rush its next-generation “Skylake” processors to the market.

Source (http://www.kitguru.net/components/cpu/anton-shilov/mainboards-for-intel-skylake-chips-to-hit-the-market-in-september/)

Wraith
17-03-15, 10:56 PM
We've seen a lot of rumour and hear say regarding the Titan X, but that is now firmly over here we have the FACTS as they came in, from the horses mouth with NVIDIA CEO and Co-founder Jen-Hsun Huang, while at the GPU Technology Conference.

http://i.imgur.com/WsK2hkb.jpg

Titan X is our new flagship GeForce gaming GPU, but it’s also uniquely suited for deep learning.

We gave a sneak peek of TITAN X two weeks ago at the Game Developers Conference, in San Francisco, where it drove a stunning virtual reality experience called “Thief in the Shadows,” based on the dragon Smaug, from “The Hobbit.”

The latest AAA titles are breathtaking on TITAN X in 4K. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, for example, runs at 40 frames per second on high settings with FXAA enabled, compared with 30fps on the GeForce GTX 980, released in September.

Built on the NVIDIA Maxwell GPU architecture, TITAN X delivers twice the performance and double the power efficiency of its predecessor by combining 3,072 processing cores for 7 teraflops of peak single-precision performance with 12GB of onboard memory.

With that processing power and 336.5GB/s of memory bandwidth, it can rip through the millions of pieces of data used to train deep neural networks. On AlexNet, an industry-standard model, for example, TITAN X took less than three days to train the model using the 1.2 million image ImageNet dataset, compared with over 40 days for a 16-core CPU.

Available today, TITAN X is selling for just $999

http://i.imgur.com/K8d1SaV.jpg

If that's not enough awesome factoids for you how about this build of awesomeness called the Digits DevBox? It makes the recent Overkill3D that our very own Guvnor did seem a bit tiny...

http://i.imgur.com/CaDOTpl.jpg

But for $15000 it's probably not going to adorn many desks.

Source: NVIDIA GPU Devloper Conference. (http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2015/03/17/digits-devbox/)

NeverBackDown
18-03-15, 05:09 AM
Windows 10 will be launching this summer. It will come with 111 languages and release in over 190 countries.

Source: Windows Blog (https://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/03/17/windows-10-launching-this-summer-in-190-countries-and-111-languages/)

Tripp
18-03-15, 08:37 AM
Ahh would of though it would of been an end of the year job, well might give it to the end of the year to upgrade depending on bugs an stuff

barnsley
18-03-15, 09:20 AM
If that's not enough awesome factoids for you how about this build of awesomeness called the Digits DevBox?

But for $15000 it's probably not going to adorn many desks.
[/URL]

'Dev box'
Its the worst Titan yet for professional use.

Warchild
18-03-15, 02:03 PM
Microsoft are willing to forgo legality checks and allow users with illegal copies of Windows to upgrade to windows 10.. also for free.

they report that 3/4 of PC users in China, use illegal versions of windows.

source (http://gizmodo.com/all-windows-10-upgrades-will-be-free-even-if-your-copy-1692096375)

xnax2802
18-03-15, 04:51 PM
Microsoft are willing to forgo legality checks and allow users with illegal copies of Windows to upgrade to windows 10.. also for free.

they report that 3/4 of PC users in China, use illegal versions of windows.

source (http://gizmodo.com/all-windows-10-upgrades-will-be-free-even-if-your-copy-1692096375)

This seems a bit too generous. There HAS to be a catch with this.

NeverBackDown
19-03-15, 05:03 AM
Witcher 3 4k screenshot.. i don't have a 4k screen so i can't see it in its true glorly

http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/media/THE%20WITCHER%203/Screenshots/The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_War_ravaged_these_lands,_n obody_lives_here_anymore.png

Basically there 2 camps. Some say they love it. Others say they aren't impressed. Personally, i think trees and grass aren't the best screenshot examples and reserve my judgement until something more screenshot worthy pops up. Still excited for the game though!

Source: Witcher 3 4k (http://www.pcgamer.com/heres-what-the-witcher-3-looks-like-in-4k/)

SPS
19-03-15, 11:51 AM
Mantle API whitepaper anyone? (http://www.amd.com/Documents/Mantle-Programming-Guide-and-API-Reference.pdf)

ShaunB-91
19-03-15, 12:08 PM
Ah so thats where the 4K screenshot official article came from. I don't agree with taking someone elses findings and writing an official article on it tbh.

Or at the very least, thank the person and say it will be written up.

WYP
19-03-15, 12:33 PM
Witcher 3 4k screenshot.. i don't have a 4k screen so i can't see it in its true glorly

http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/media/THE%20WITCHER%203/Screenshots/The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_War_ravaged_these_lands,_n obody_lives_here_anymore.png

Basically there 2 camps. Some say they love it. Others say they aren't impressed. Personally, i think trees and grass aren't the best screenshot examples and reserve my judgement until something more screenshot worthy pops up. Still excited for the game though!

Source: Witcher 3 4k (http://www.pcgamer.com/heres-what-the-witcher-3-looks-like-in-4k/)

Ah so thats where the 4K screenshot official article came from. I don't agree with taking someone elses findings and writing an official article on it tbh.

Or at the very least, thank the person and say it will be written up.

When I wrote my article I had not read the Quick news thread. As many of you can imagine I read a lot of news from most of the main PC news outlets, which includes PCgamer.

However I now know that NeverBackDown had found the news and delivered it to OC3D forum First and has since been credited in the article for the find and has been sent a PM of notifying him of the situation and apologising for any offence.

NeverBackDown
19-03-15, 04:49 PM
No worries mate, just part of the rules that allow you to take a post and make it an article:)

barnsley
20-03-15, 09:33 AM
Guess who is back..
http://i.imgur.com/BMtNUal.png?1
SH*T is gonna go down.

Wraith
20-03-15, 09:50 AM
Guess who is back..
SH*T is gonna go down.
Damn! Big shots fired :o

barnsley
20-03-15, 03:39 PM
BFG Returns exclusively to OcUK to show once again that they really are the BIG @**@**@ GUNS!! They have partnered with NVIDIA who have cherry picked them only the absolute finest cores on planet earth, born in the depths of a very famous volcano, then deposited into the lonely mountatin and now in BFG's possession to create as a one of exclusive 10 cards for OcUK as OcUK was BFG's no.1 worldwide customer. Hence why this is branded a Titan XXX !

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/pimg/GX-098-BG_109162_800.jpg

Link (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-098-BG&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1576)

bit early for April fools?

WYP
20-03-15, 03:57 PM
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/pimg/GX-098-BG_109162_800.jpg

Link (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-098-BG&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1576)

bit early for April fools?

Very nice, this is going front page immediately, the higher TDP limit should allow epic overclocks.

Wraith
20-03-15, 04:04 PM
You know this is a joke..... right!? BFG went bust years back, also www.bfgtech.com

WYP
20-03-15, 04:06 PM
You know this is a joke..... right!? BFG went bust years back, also www.bfgtech.com

Yeah, I know. But it should get a good few views.

Wraith
20-03-15, 04:07 PM
No doubt WYP it's getting some real tongues wagging :) get it up!

NeverBackDown
20-03-15, 08:20 PM
Guess who is back..
SH*T is gonna go down.

Makes sense.. i was just on the website earlier today checking out some blocks.

Also quite funny:P

Wraith
23-03-15, 12:31 PM
Overclockers doing the 295x2 for Sub £500!! http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-350-SP&campaign=social/facebook/2015/03/295-x2

Wraith
23-03-15, 02:27 PM
Batman Arkham Knight has been delayed further from June 2 to June 23, hopefully this is just polishing up the game although it does look the mutts nutts on PS4 so us lowly PC monkeys should be in for a treat. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpfytI2K7-I

Wraith
24-03-15, 02:00 AM
Aussie Overclocker Newlife creates the fastest dual core in the world at 7862.83MHz!! Using the GIGABYTE F2A88XN-WIFI motherboard and LN2 to push the tiny low end AMD A6-6420K to the max! Congrats to him.
http://valid.canardpc.com/r7y5gj

Doomslayer
24-03-15, 02:07 AM
Aussie Overclocker Newlife creates the fastest dual core in the world at 7862.83MHz!! Using the GIGABYTE F2A88XN-WIFI motherboard and LN2 to push the tiny low end AMD A6-6420K to the max! Congrats to him.
http://valid.canardpc.com/r7y5gj

I can be dumb here and say

Aussie Aussie Aussie :lol:

Excalabur50
24-03-15, 06:08 AM
Oi oi oi

NeverBackDown
26-03-15, 07:27 PM
Witcher 3 Level Designer on the Delay
http://4d663a369f9f03c3c61e-870e77779efd63f7bd6c2ee08d8cfae6.r2.cf1.rackcdn.co m/images/9Oe_uY0ImXUn.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

In an interview with Miles Tost, Level Designer at CD Projekt Red, explains in detail why the game has been delayed. Few reasons were due to some issues with the Horse, PC controls, and editing the glitches on the map.
The game is still on schedule for a May 19th release date.

Source: PCGamer (http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-level-designer-on-the-delay-pc-controls-and-world-building-2/)

Personally am i glad they were open about the delays. It shows they care and are taking feedback on improving the game. Something like this is what we need more of as of late. Most games are delayed with little info on why then come out to still have issues. I'm still excited for the game!

yassarikhan786
26-03-15, 07:46 PM
The level designer should be fun. I had no problems with The Witcher 2, so I'm quite hopeful about the third installment.

WYP
26-03-15, 07:55 PM
Not exactly news but here it goes.

Tomorrow at mid night my dissertation for Uni is due, which will conclude my studies at Uni. Once this is done I will have more time to deliver news to you guys and our readers outside the forums.

Hopefully this will mean that I will have time to cover more topics and increase the quality of the news we deliver here in the future.

NeverBackDown
27-03-15, 09:18 PM
Just drop this here.. my gawd the performance improvement..

DX12: AMD, Nvidia, Intel Tested
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/jasonevangelho/files/2015/03/directx-12-logo.jpg

Essentially MS gave Forbes a chance to test the DX11 Single/Multi thread capabilities in regards to Draw Calls and then compare them with DX12 using in GPU development drivers, W10 preview build, and an early 3D Mark build. Even with all this early software, to say the least it's mighty impressive. What stands out about this is that, unlike what AMD said about lower end hardware benefitting the most, high end hardware still greatly benefits.

Source: Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/03/26/directx-12-delivers-amd-nvidia-and-intel-hardware-tested-with-awesome-improvements/)

ShaunB-91
29-03-15, 04:25 PM
Changing hardware too often locks you out of Origin games.http://www.gamespot.com/articles/changing-pc-hardware-too-often-can-lock-you-out-of/1100-6426240/

NeverBackDown
02-04-15, 07:17 PM
Elite Dangerous is now on Steam!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/359320/

http://windowsvilag.hu/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Elite-Dangerous-logo-dec-1.jpg

Source: None. Just found it on steam.

Edit: Source: Guess it was a headliner. PCGamer has already posted this!
http://www.pcgamer.com/surprise-elite-dangerous-appears-on-steam/

WYP
02-04-15, 07:25 PM
Elite Dangerous is now on Steam!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/359320/

http://windowsvilag.hu/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Elite-Dangerous-logo-dec-1.jpg

Source: None. Just found it on steam.

Edit: Source: Guess it was a headliner. PCGamer has already posted this!
http://www.pcgamer.com/surprise-elite-dangerous-appears-on-steam/

Literally just finished the article on this.

NeverBackDown
02-04-15, 08:00 PM
Literally just finished the article on this.

Lol great minds think alike:p

I didn't see you posted anything on it so i just posted it here, guess you were writing it as i was^_^

WYP
02-04-15, 08:09 PM
Lol great minds think alike:p

I didn't see you posted anything on it so i just posted it here, guess you were writing it as i was^_^

Pretty much, as you said "great minds".

NeverBackDown
06-04-15, 05:16 AM
Surprised this thread has been quite since i logged on a few days ago..

Announcing the Surface 3. Yes notice the lack of the "Pro". It's a smaller more budget oriented version of the surface.

Quick Spec list:
Base model: $499
CPU: Atom x7-z8700 Quad core cpu.
Ram: 2GB
Storage: 64GB SSD
Next model up(only 2)
CPU: Same
Ram: 4GB
Storage: 128GB

Both share a 10.8" 1920x1280 display with a 3:2 ratio, vs a 12" 1440p display.
Fanless designs, which means no fans vents around the edges like the Pro 3
Size: Both are 10.52" x 7.36" x 0.34"
(267mm x 187mm x 8.7mm) and 1.37ibs/622g.

Pre-order available but release is on May 5th. Personally i think this is a great entry level surface. IMO it's more worthy of getting compared to the Ipad Air 2. Which has many comparisons all over the net.. I think its worth it because of the full blown desktop OS and not some crap mobile OS.. it's more universal. Only downsides to this are the pen and type cover. Pen is an additional $50 and keyboard is still $129. Personally i think the pen should be included and the keyboard at most $30.

More relevant info at MS site.
Source: http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/products/surface-3

Damien c
06-04-15, 08:49 AM
Surprised this thread has been quite since i logged on a few days ago..

Announcing the Surface 3. Yes notice the lack of the "Pro". It's a smaller more budget oriented version of the surface.

Quick Spec list:
Base model: $499
CPU: Atom x7-z8700 Quad core cpu.
Ram: 2GB
Storage: 64GB SSD
Next model up(only 2)
CPU: Same
Ram: 4GB
Storage: 128GB

Both share a 10.8" 1920x1280 display with a 3:2 ratio, vs a 12" 1440p display.
Fanless designs, which means no fans vents around the edges like the Pro 3
Size: Both are 10.52" x 7.36" x 0.34"
(267mm x 187mm x 8.7mm) and 1.37ibs/622g.

Pre-order available but release is on May 5th. Personally i think this is a great entry level surface. IMO it's more worthy of getting compared to the Ipad Air 2. Which has many comparisons all over the net.. I think its worth it because of the full blown desktop OS and not some crap mobile OS.. it's more universal. Only downsides to this are the pen and type cover. Pen is an additional $50 and keyboard is still $129. Personally i think the pen should be included and the keyboard at most $30.

More relevant info at MS site.
Source: http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/products/surface-3

They do look quite tempting and the UK price doesn't seem bad really.

Pricing in the UK from Microsoft starts at £419.99

(UK Link) (http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-gb/products/surface-3)
(http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-gb/products/surface-3)

Sean
07-04-15, 07:43 PM
420 good price.

AlienALX
08-04-15, 03:19 PM
Just drop this here.. my gawd the performance improvement..

DX12: AMD, Nvidia, Intel Tested
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/jasonevangelho/files/2015/03/directx-12-logo.jpg

Essentially MS gave Forbes a chance to test the DX11 Single/Multi thread capabilities in regards to Draw Calls and then compare them with DX12 using in GPU development drivers, W10 preview build, and an early 3D Mark build. Even with all this early software, to say the least it's mighty impressive. What stands out about this is that, unlike what AMD said about lower end hardware benefitting the most, high end hardware still greatly benefits.

Source: Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/03/26/directx-12-delivers-amd-nvidia-and-intel-hardware-tested-with-awesome-improvements/)

/Mr Burns... *rubs hands*

Excellent....

SuB
08-04-15, 09:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/mEjXAMd.png
hmm

Doomslayer
08-04-15, 11:16 PM
hmm

Yeah i'm not sure what to think of it too, They can't even fix the Youtube My Subscriptions page it's always broken these days

Dicehunter
09-04-15, 01:58 PM
First pics of an alleged R9-390 *Non X* from XFX -

http://www.techpowerup.com/img/15-04-09/20b.jpg

http://www.techpowerup.com/img/15-04-09/20a.jpg

barnsley
09-04-15, 02:19 PM
First pics of an alleged R9-390 *Non X* from XFX -

I hope thats a signature edition or something. The gold looks crap. How did they manage to make the cooler look cheap :/. the basic xfx 290 looks much cleaner.
http://www.legitreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/xfx-dd-290-power-645x534.jpg

Dicehunter
09-04-15, 02:20 PM
I hope thats a signature edition or something. The gold looks crap. How did they manage to make the cooler look cheap :/. the basic xfx 290 looks much cleaner.
http://www.legitreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/xfx-dd-290-power-645x534.jpg

Agreed the XFX 290X with the glowing XFX logo IMO looks awesome.
I hope this is just a concept.

Feronix
09-04-15, 02:34 PM
I think the gold could work well, but not with that tacky diamond/triangle pattern on the shroud.

WillSK
09-04-15, 02:36 PM
hmm

Everyone get this? I got it and thought eh..?" i'm not a partner

JR23
09-04-15, 02:36 PM
How did they manage to make the cooler look cheap :/

They probably stopped sitting down and quietly taking inspiration from elegant things which people like and just did their own thing. Naturally they are XFX so they screwed it up.

It looks like R9-380 to me as well.

JR

Kaapstad
09-04-15, 02:50 PM
I think when the 390X launches it will be reference only for a few weeks.

barnsley
09-04-15, 02:51 PM
They probably stopped sitting down and quietly taking inspiration from elegant things which people like and just did their own thing. Naturally they are XFX so they screwed it up.

JR

Hopefully they remember to add cooling. The xfx 7xxx were always throwing up issues on here.

I'm hoping its just an early prototype. I'd imagine they'd keep the cooler pretty similar as they've won alot of praise for it.

NeverBackDown
09-04-15, 05:56 PM

It looks like R9-380 to me as well.

JR

XFX got a hell of a lot better once the R200 series came out. They fixed their issues and even got arguably the best looking cooler that was damn near the best performer. Hopefully they don't it up. Stick to what works just like what every other company has done.

Hopefully they remember to add cooling. The xfx 7xxx were always throwing up issues on here.

I'm hoping its just an early prototype. I'd imagine they'd keep the cooler pretty similar as they've won alot of praise for it.

It better be an early prototype or a "special" model. If not it won't sell well. I mean the gold in the pic shown reminds me more of a brass color. It needs to be far deeper in intensity.. Besides if i wanted yellow i'd get a Lightning. Hopefully its a fake:p

Wraith
10-04-15, 12:41 AM
Trine 3 gets another dimension, I'm not sure about it to be honest could be a little on the fiddley side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bcPiF2w57w#t=316

yassarikhan786
10-04-15, 06:33 PM
I'm a bit hesitant about the third dimension myself. Nonetheless, it does look extremely gorgeous and I'm excited.

remember300
11-04-15, 07:01 AM
that looks quite fun, and not to demanding, could be quite a nice game to play. reminds me of an old PS2 game dark cloud with its movements.

i miss that game lol

Dicehunter
11-04-15, 12:00 PM
980 Ti looks now to actually be a thing, Full GM200 core i.e 3072 CUDA cores, Same amount of ROPS etc...6GB of memory, Pretty much the Titan X but with the half the memory.

NVIDIA preparing GeForce GTX 980 Ti for September with full GM200 core

NVIDIA reportedly preparing full GM200-powered GeForce GTX 980 Ti for September to counter the Radeon R9 390X

We know it's coming, but it's just a matter of when. NVIDIA is preparing the GeForce GTX 980 Ti that should better counter the upcoming Radeon R9 390X from AMD, with a full GM200 core.

http://imagescdn.tweaktown.com/news/4/4/44540_07_nvidia-preparing-geforce-gtx-980-ti-september-full-gm200-core.png (http://www.tweaktown.com/image.php?image=imagescdn.tweaktown.com/news/4/4/44540_07_nvidia-preparing-geforce-gtx-980-ti-september-full-gm200-core_full.png)

The GM200-powered GeForce GTX 980 Ti should be released in September, a couple of months after AMD's launch of the Radeon R9 390X which is expected to happen during Computex in June. There are some suggestions that NVIDIA would spoil AMD's fun during the R9 390X launch, so we could see a big announcement before, during or after Computex from NVIDIA.

NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 980 Ti should be close to identical to the behemoth that is the GeForce GTX Titan X, but knock down its VRAM from 12GB to 6GB. We should also see AIB partners free to slap on aftermarket coolers, which didn't happen with the Titan X, which is going to open up a can of whoop ass on the market.

Excalabur50
11-04-15, 12:15 PM
980 Ti looks now to actually be a thing, Full GM200 core i.e 3072 CUDA cores, Same amount of ROPS etc...6GB of memory, Pretty much the Titan X but with the half the memory.

Why don't this surprise me still should be a nice card

Damien c
11-04-15, 12:47 PM
This sounds like a better option than the Titan X but it will depend on what the performance of it is, like compared to the 390X from AMD.

Damien c
13-04-15, 11:41 AM
Information on AMD's first "Zen" based APU has been leaked.

Source (http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2015/04/13/32-thread-amd-zen-apu/1?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bit-tech%2Fall+%28bit-tech.net+feed%29) (Bit-Tech)

According to the leak this APU could be a beast, with 16 cores and 32 Threads.

I wonder what the first NON-APU based part could be like if this leak turns out to be accurate.

Tripp
13-04-15, 11:44 AM

Source (http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2015/04/13/32-thread-amd-zen-apu/1?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bit-tech%2Fall+%28bit-tech.net+feed%29) (Bit-Tech)

I wonder what the first NON-APU based part could be like if this leak turns out to be accurate.

nice find, i for one am interested in seeing what AMD brings

barnsley
13-04-15, 11:45 AM

seeing as its a server CPU I doubt we'll get a consumer version, although that would be cool.

Damien c
13-04-15, 11:57 AM
seeing as its a server CPU I doubt we'll get a consumer version, although that would be cool.

To be honest the 6 core Intel CPU's are techincally server CPU's but that doesn't stop us from buying them for normall day to day, usage and gaming pc's just like the EVGA SR-2 boards and people buying the Xeon chips for LGA1366 for like £60 of Ebay.

It will be interesting to see how it performs.

barnsley
13-04-15, 12:01 PM
To be honest the 6 core Intel CPU's are techincally server CPU's but that doesn't stop us from buying them for normall day to day, usage and gaming pc's just like the EVGA SR-2 boards and people buying the Xeon chips for LGA1366 for like £60 of Ebay.

It will be interesting to see how it performs.

Its always been a bit different with AMD though. Mainly because they use different sockets, hence why no one on here really had the existing 16 core cpus that AMD do.

That said they have released AM3+ server cpus so maybe they'll use existing/consumer sockets.

JR23
13-04-15, 01:00 PM
An in game photograph has been leaked from the PC version of GTA V through R*'s Snapmatic function 10 hours before launch....

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-zqolVCFrNKw/VSu-Je-q8II/AAAAAAAAOzk/_GN2zfx6YuQ/w700/PaaisnX82UaKB_ziKT2Uzg_0_0.jpg

JR

Wraith
13-04-15, 02:20 PM
that looks quite fun, and not to demanding, could be quite a nice game to play. reminds me of an old PS2 game dark cloud with its movements.

i miss that game lol
I adore the Trine series they are a breath of fresh air and so chilling to play, this one I might start to get a bit stressy, will wait and see.

WYP
13-04-15, 08:45 PM
AMD drivers for GTA V

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Dicehunter
13-04-15, 09:10 PM
AMD drivers for GTA V

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Just finished editing :)

http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?p=835707#post835707

NeverBackDown
14-04-15, 03:28 AM
That's if you can even log in and play;)

Some users are seeing the message "the Rockstar update service is unavailable (code 1)" when trying to install the game, or else the launcher is crashing to desktop. Rockstar Support has already released a workaround for the issue, which is caused by Windows usernames with unconventional characters.

The workaround is temporary. They are working on a permanent fix. More info in the article.. just posting the issue here

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/if-you-cant-install-or-play-gta-5-right-now-this-might-be-why/

barnsley
14-04-15, 02:22 PM
Samsung is playing down a report that its new flagship phone - the Galaxy S6 Edge - is "just as bendable" as Apple's iPhone 6 Plus and breaks completely at a lower pressure point.
The allegations have been made by a company that sells smartphone protection plans.
Samsung said that the results "may mislead consumers" and called on the firm to carry out a revised test.
But one expert said it highlighted the danger of mocking a competitor

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/media/images/82154000/jpg/_82154623_c58c1a71-4609-4ea3-a586-470e6d80c7f8.jpg

Obviously LG et al who also made the joke are either feeling confident or worried. I'd imagine that they'll feel more confident as they seem to make much more solid phones compared to Apple or Samsung. Especially LG actually. The Nexus is superbly well built.

Source: BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32201614)

Feronix
14-04-15, 02:27 PM
Typical... Once someone tests your products and you don't like the result; Force them to do it again but this time differently in your favour :')

Damien c
14-04-15, 02:32 PM
I have the Samsung S6 and it doesn't feel like it would bend as easy as the Iphone 6 Plus but I am not about to test with my Samsung S6 or my dads Iphone 6 Plus.

There are only 2 issues I have with the S6 and those are the camera is far to easy to break if you put the phone, down on it's back a little to hard and the headphones I got from my Xperia Z2 will not work the S6 whether that is Samsungs fault or Sony's, I don't really care but now I need to find some headphones that will work with it and that are as good as the Sony ones, as the Samsung ones are absolute garbage and do not feel comfy in the slightest.

Other than that the S6 is a cracking phone, and it's battery will last me all day at work either streaming videos or streaming music.

NeverBackDown
17-04-15, 09:01 PM
I know we have a thread on this, but that was a rumor thread. This is more updated confirmed(mostly) info

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8
Ya that trailer was in game engine rendering, Frostbite 3. It won't look that great, usually don't, but it has the potential too. Also confirmed Nov 17 release date, free dlc(bakku's battle) that will link Return of the Jedi and the new movie, The Force Awakens. Pre-order gets the DLC Dec 1 and no preorder of the game gets it on Dec 8. No space battles, all speculation because they are being tight lipped about it. However what they said was 40 player battles, Rebels vs Empire, with infantry, walkers, x/tie fighter dogfights with a focus on "epic planatery battles" across Endor, Hoth, Taooine, and Sullust, this last planet is in the new movie and the events in the game are about 30 years prior to the movie. Can play as Darth Vader or Bobba fett. Also the chance to play single player alone, online co-op, or offline/splitscreen co-op.

Only confirmed for PS4, Xbone, and PC. All 3 will be able to have 1st and 3rd person modes, switchable of course. Sort of skyrim style.
Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/04/17/everything-we-know-about-star-wars-battlefront-so-far/

Edit: Update: Forgot the source, also I forgot to mention, the "campaign" is not the traditional one we are used to that is scripted with a story. It's going to be a series of short missions, but still as said earlier solo/co-op/online cop-op. They have said it is "First and Foremost" a multiplayer game.

This saddens me deeply. I was expecting an amazing star wars campaign that gets me back into the series. Though with not much to go off of since no movies have been released in forever, i guess it's logical they don't have anything to go off of.
Can't remember which first place i found this info but i'll just post one that has the info.
Source for this info: http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/04/17/dices-star-wars-battlefront-will-not-have-a-single-player-campaign/

Wraith
22-04-15, 02:26 PM
A woman from Japan has exacted revenge on her unfaithful boyfriend by giving his entire Apple product collection a lengthy dip in the tub including iMac, iPhone, iPads and accessories, while I'm rather impressed by this young ladies actions (Apple Hater) it sure is a lesson to all men. Lock up your valuables :lol: A woman scorned.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/04/22/08/27D8CA0800000578-0-image-m-6_1429688632310.jpg

And the icing on the revenge cake his iMac (£900)
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/04/22/09/27D8CA0100000578-3050168-The_woman_scorned_took_the_trouble_to_give_his_iMa c_which_start_-a-10_1429690445214.jpg

Source: Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3050168/Revenge-dish-best-served-WET-Scorned-woman-dumps-lying-lover-s-entire-Apple-collection-bath-sent-pictures-prove-it.html?ito=social-facebook)

Dicehunter
22-04-15, 02:29 PM
A woman from Japan has exacted revenge on her unfaithful boyfriend by giving his entire Apple product collection a lengthy dip in the tub including iMac, iPhone, iPads and accessories, while I'm rather impressed by this young ladies actions (Apple Hater) it sure is a lesson to all men. Lock up your valuables :lol: A woman scorned.
And the icing on the revenge cake his iMac (£900)
Source: Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3050168/Revenge-dish-best-served-WET-Scorned-woman-dumps-lying-lover-s-entire-Apple-collection-bath-sent-pictures-prove-it.html?ito=social-facebook)

Or just don't cheat on your girlfriend ^_^

Wraith
22-04-15, 02:33 PM
Or just don't cheat on your girlfriend ^_^
In todays complicated woman you don't need to be unfaithful, bitchez be crazy 24/7:eek:

Seanwoolley
22-04-15, 02:38 PM
In todays complicated woman you don't need to be unfaithful, bitchez be crazy 24/7:eek:

This is true... 'I can't talk love I am in a game' ... never know what is coming next

Dicehunter
22-04-15, 02:39 PM

So true, Hence why I've been single for 5 years, Had chances to get into relationships with some cracking looking women but then realized "Hang on, Could happen again and I'll be broke most of the time" feck that :D

NeverBackDown
22-04-15, 05:48 PM
So true, Hence why I've been single for 5 years, Had chances to get into relationships with some cracking looking women but then realized "Hang on, Could happen again and I'll be broke most of the time" feck that :D

Computers>Bitches anyway:p

Dicehunter
22-04-15, 06:13 PM
Computers>Bitches anyway:p

So true ^_^

ShaunB-91
22-04-15, 06:14 PM
Total War Warhammer confirmed through trailer. http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/04/22/total-war-warhammer-officially-revealed-with-trailer

NeverBackDown
22-04-15, 06:16 PM
Total War Warhammer confirmed through trailer. http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/04/22/total-war-warhammer-officially-revealed-with-trailer

I saw that trailer after 30mins of being posted.. looks good but never played Warhammer so i'm not pre-ordering it.. haven't even finished Atilla yet and this is coming out soon :p

Dicehunter
05-05-15, 06:21 PM
GOG Galaxy enters open beta :D

http://www.gog.com/galaxy?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=social_media&utm_content=content&utm_campaign=gog_galaxy_launch%3Fpp%3Df53eac2e4221 f1794509de8d786a143b5016901f

ShaunB-91
06-05-15, 07:09 AM
R* changes EULA, can now ban players for modding GTA V.
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/rockstar-changes-eula-can-ban-players-for-modding-gta-v.html

Doomslayer
06-05-15, 07:11 AM
R* changes EULA, can now ban players for modding GTA V.
[url=http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/rockstar-changes-eula-can-ban-players-for-modding-gta-v.html[/url]

They just want to kill the modding community so i say to that you Rockstar

NeverBackDown
06-05-15, 06:03 PM
When a dev is using Tier 3 of DX12 features, Devs can now use a feature called MultiAdapter. This is what caused the rumor of using Nvidia and AMD cards together, but the most unlikely graphics processor's, Intels IGPU and AMDs APUs, can be used too. Using MultiAdapter, for example, a 290x can be paired with the integrated GPU on Intel or the GPU core on the APUs to get a nice little performance increase. Or go for a 980 using either as well. This will require A LOT of planning and development from the Devs to get it to work correctly. It will take time. So while it is great, expect few devs to try and get this outside of tech demos and engine rendering footage.

Much more info in the link below, to much for a quick news thread.

Source:http://www.pcgamer.com/directx-12-will-be-able-to-use-your-integrated-gpu-to-improve-performance/

JR23
06-05-15, 06:15 PM
They just want to kill the modding community so i say to that you Rockstar

I think you have to respect that R* wish to maintain GTA V particularly Online as a perpetual and ongoing platform. DLC is an integral part of the game and they can't just leave it alone to descend into nonsense like GTA IV. Every detail and aspect of the game is delicately designed and considered and considering its scale that is quite an achievement and investment of peoples time. I personally think that should be respected and modding goes away from the way I personally appreciate the game.

Modding single player I doubt will ever be stopped and perhaps R* should allow more freedom so its legit for people to attempt it, although it really doesn't affect me at all.

JR

d1974
07-05-15, 12:29 AM
http://www.amd.com/en-us/press-releases/Pages/new-7000-series-apu-2015may06.aspx

New York, NY 5/6/2015

AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today at their 2015 Financial Analyst Day is unveiling new AMD 7000 Series Accelerated Processing Units (APUs), AMD Radeon™ 300 and M300 Series Graphics, and AMD A-Series desktop APU updates, delivering a robust lineup of products in 2015

AMD Radeon™ 300 Series Graphics for OEM desktops: Additionally, AMD announced the availability of AMD Radeon™ 300 Series desktop graphics, available only through OEMs. The AMD Radeon™ 300 Series GPUs feature AMD’s revolutionary GCN Architecture with full support for DirectX® 12. The product stack will offer a great experience on new Windows® 10 platforms and represents AMD’s commitment to provide the smoothest, high-quality graphics solutions for everyday desktop users. Designs are currently shipping from HP plus additional OEMs shipping soon.

So nothing major 'new' but as this is a newsroom release I am guessing that news of the full-blown consumer cards are only a few weeks away.....

It will be interesting to see what effect the new HBM ' stacked ' memory has.

d1974
12-05-15, 05:48 PM
Ubisoft has just released the latest video in the Assassin's Creed series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIeAPhJBR6w

NeverBackDown
13-05-15, 08:13 AM
AMD 300 series launch! Or whatever they will call it!

Not confirmed date, but we already know it will be before end of June(according to Lisa T. Su CEO of AMD) so these rumors appear to be pretty valid.

Previous rumor was launch at Computex, but seems to have changed to E3. E3 is June 16-18, but the reveal is rumored to be June 18. June 18th is the first ever PC Gaming Event at E3, which AMD is a sponser of. So it's fitting to reveal their newest cards on such a grand day for the us PC gamers! June 18th is rumored to be the reveal/launch of the R9 380, R9 370 and R7 360 graphics cards series. On June 18th, they will be available online for everyone. June 24th however, the flagship products – the AMD Radeon R9 390-series will be available online along with a reveal. The Fiji, or R9 390 series, is rumored for GCN 1.3, 4096 cores, 4/8GB of HBM memory(4 for 390, 8 for 390x) and a 1024bit I/O data bus and a ridiculous 640GB/s bandwidth limit. As for the other cards, rumors are they are rebrands but they have all been tweaked and improved upon. Some rumors suggest a tweak to GCN 1.2/1.3 so they can all support freesync and other technologies AMD currently have.

Sources: Source 1 (http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/amd-to-start-actual-sales-of-next-gen-radeon-r9-300-series-in-mid-and-late-june/)
Source 2 (http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-radeon-r9-390x-to-skip-computex-launches-at-e3.html)

Excalabur50
13-05-15, 08:57 AM
AMD 300 series launch! Or whatever they will call it!

Not confirmed date, but we already know it will be before end of June(according to Lisa T. Su CEO of AMD) so these rumors appear to be pretty valid.

Previous rumor was launch at Computex, but seems to have changed to E3. E3 is June 16-18, but the reveal is rumored to be June 18. June 18th is the first ever PC Gaming Event at E3, which AMD is a sponser of. So it's fitting to reveal their newest cards on such a grand day for the us PC gamers! June 18th is rumored to be the reveal/launch of the R9 380, R9 370 and R7 360 graphics cards series. On June 18th, they will be available online for everyone. June 24th however, the flagship products – the AMD Radeon R9 390-series will be available online along with a reveal. The Fiji, or R9 390 series, is rumored for GCN 1.3, 4096 cores, 4/8GB of HBM memory(4 for 390, 8 for 390x) and a 1024bit I/O data bus and a ridiculous 640GB/s bandwidth limit. As for the other cards, rumors are they are rebrands but they have all been tweaked and improved upon. Some rumors suggest a tweak to GCN 1.2/1.3 so they can all support freesync and other technologies AMD currently have.

Sources: Source 1 (http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/amd-to-start-actual-sales-of-next-gen-radeon-r9-300-series-in-mid-and-late-june/)
Source 2 (http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-radeon-r9-390x-to-skip-computex-launches-at-e3.html)

I'm really keen to see what AMD bring to the table

Tripp
13-05-15, 09:01 AM
as am i

Tolemac
13-05-15, 09:05 AM
Ditto :)

Warchild
13-05-15, 11:34 AM
Ubisoft has delayed The Division AGAIN and now scheduled for 2016 release...

Source (http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2015/05/13/ubisoft-delays-the-division/1)

WYP
13-05-15, 12:17 PM
Double post I know but I prefer to keep these separate

Intel 10nm Cannonlake due mid 2016. Leaked info

Source (http://www.kitguru.net/components/cpu/anton-shilov/intels-10nm-cannonlake-processors-due-in-mid-2016-leaked-roadmap/)

Just going to leave this here.

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/cpu_mainboard/intel_client_roadmap_leaked_10nm_cannonlake_due_q2 _2016/1

Warchild
13-05-15, 12:18 PM
Just going to leave this here.

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/cpu_mainboard/intel_client_roadmap_leaked_10nm_cannonlake_due_q2 _2016/1

Hah I missed that one. Ill delete mine altogether then :)