PDA

View Full Version : Quick News

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18

AlienALX
08-02-18, 10:24 AM
... I doubt this is true, as it would mean that Nvidia wasn't creating new GPU chips for a while and effectively caused their own GPU shortage in the mining boom.

While Nvidia does need to march forward with new products, I don't see why they would want to ATM.

I thought I had covered that here, but I think it may have been somewhere else.

Recently I read an article about mining (well, a couple of months back) and it asked "If mining is so good why don't AMD and Nvidia just up production and make loads more?".

The answer was pretty complicated, but I will do my best to explain. OK, so basically if they both did that then they make a rod for their own back. Firstly if mining dies then they are going to be stuck with loads and loads of stock. That's fine, but it will be worth a crapload less than before. It also prevents them from carrying out any plan of releasing their next gen, because they are still stuck holding the baby. Which means that they would have to sell that stock at rock bottom prices, taking a loss, just to get rid. Then the market gets flooded with old stock on the cheap and people all buy that.

For example, after the 400 series Nvidias were given the heave ho and Nvidia moved to the 500 series there was loads of cheap stock flying around. Instead of buying a 500 series I bought a GTX 470 for £170. Less than half of what it launched for. I put up with the helicopter noise for as long as I could then whacked a £25 Zalman cooler on it, hey presto easily as fast as a 570. The 480 was also very popular at the knock down price of £220.

Not only that, retailers don't want to be stuck with loads of old stock when the new cards come out because all of the people who buy every new Nvidia GPU (and there are many) will want the new Nvidia GPU right away.

So it's a fine balance. One that is hard to get right, without losing money. And that is why both of them (and more importantly AMD, who could go bust in such an event) are just making pathetic amounts. Enough that they all sell and make a decent profit but not so many they are risking their shirt and being stuck holding the baby.

IIRC Nvidia are now all out of Titan Xp Star Wars in the USA. I doubt that they will be replenished. This means only one thing, IMO, and that is that Ampere is near (I predicted this weeks ago off the back of stuff I found out just by playing detective for a few hours. Most namely why are Scan and others marking 1080Ti as EOL? why not just OOS? they are potentially ruining the chances of selling some one a GPU if they say it's EOL. OOS? you would go back every other day to check. EOL? you wouldn't bother.

Why does everyone assume its 2080 series? did i miss something? why not 1180? Each series has jumped 100 with exception of the 880m

Also, I think its smart to exhaust their supplies of pascal. its means they are not stuck with surplus stock. They have sold all chips at full cost/full profit.

Yup 7-8*-9-10-20? doesn't make sense :D

*800 series were laptop only.

AngryGoldfish
08-02-18, 02:34 PM
Why does everyone assume its 2080 series? did i miss something? why not 1180? Each series has jumped 100 with exception of the 880m

Also, I think its smart to exhaust their supplies of pascal. its means they are not stuck with surplus stock. They have sold all chips at full cost/full profit.

Because 2080 looks better than 1180. If they go with 2080 then they can start moving towards 3080, 4080, etc, which is a cool shift. The reality is, I'm just calling it that as a placeholder. I have no idea what it's actually going to be called. I didn't think they'd call the 1080 a 1080. I though it sounded silly, but that's what they went with so what do I know? :p

AlienALX
08-02-18, 02:39 PM
It may be neither tbh. Neither sounds very appealing to me.

IMO they should do away with numbers and name their cards like AMD do. I like that much better.

AngryGoldfish
08-02-18, 03:02 PM

IMO they should do away with numbers and name their cards like AMD do. I like that much better.

I thought they were going to do that with Pascal. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to try something new. They had a massive market share and pretty much everyone wanted to or was using Nvidia. They could have named them NvidiaMacPascalFace and people would have bought them.

AlienALX
08-02-18, 03:06 PM
I thought they were going to do that with Pascal. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to try something new. They had a massive market share and pretty much everyone wanted to or was using Nvidia. They could have named them NvidiaMacPascalFace and people would have bought them.

lmao. "Overpriced McDickface" has a certain ring to it :D

But yeah, 2080? I doubt it. "What GPU you got mate?" "A twenty eighty !". It just sounds a bit smeggy.

Warchild
08-02-18, 03:07 PM

I quite liked the the old AMD southern island naming scheme. Tahiti/pit cairn etc

AlienALX
08-02-18, 03:09 PM
I quite liked the the old AMD southern island naming scheme. Tahiti/pit cairn etc

It's actually so easy.. It could go, for example, like this. Ampere one. Ampere two, and so on. IDK why they give them stupid numbers there's just no point.

Warchild
08-02-18, 03:14 PM
It's actually so easy.. It could go, for example, like this. Ampere one. Ampere two, and so on. IDK why they give them stupid numbers there's just no point.

All about marketing i guess.

RobM
08-02-18, 03:20 PM
maybe it will called the 2080 take your eyes out and the shirt off your back Ti

AngryGoldfish
08-02-18, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I think it's a lot easier to market processors or electronics in numbers. I'm surprised AMD stuck with their codename, Vega. I think it works really especially with 56 and 64, but Nvidia are likely to continue with their boring nomenclatures as it's simpler.

Warchild
09-02-18, 08:14 AM
Yeah, I think it's a lot easier to market processors or electronics in numbers. I'm surprised AMD stuck with their codename, Vega. I think it works really especially with 56 and 64, but Nvidia are likely to continue with their boring nomenclatures as it's simpler.

Yup, and to think the only reason it is labelled as GTX, was because of a competition where a consumer got to choose the naming.

Tolemac
09-02-18, 08:38 AM
Because 2080 looks better than 1180. If they go with 2080 then they can start moving towards 3080, 4080, etc, which is a cool shift. The reality is, I'm just calling it that as a placeholder. I have no idea what it's actually going to be called. I didn't think they'd call the 1080 a 1080. I though it sounded silly, but that's what they went with so what do I know? :p

I want the Buzz Lightyear Edition :p

Layer Cakes
09-02-18, 08:57 AM

My money was on a name like 'GTX V80' but I guess we're never going to see a Geforce Volta now then?

AngryGoldfish
09-02-18, 11:35 AM
My money was on a name like 'GTX V80' but I guess we're never going to see a Geforce Volta now then?

Yeah, V80 roles off the tongue nicely. It sounds like a vintage muscle car. A80 is already a product though I think. Cryorig might have something to say to Nvidia. :p

RobM
09-02-18, 12:41 PM
I don't see nVidia putting anything new out in terms of graphics cards, why should they when their current offerings are making them so much money, had Vega been what we all hoped for then we would have seen more from nvidia but right now there is simply no need as they can continue to sell mid range GPUs as their top line

AlienALX
09-02-18, 12:51 PM
Iwhy should they when their current offerings are making them so much money

The exact same reason Intel kept pushing on and shrinking after Bulldozer released - money.

All of the fanboyz will have bought a card on Pascal by now. The only people returning are for an upgrade (but not particularly a fan boy or girl) or people with a failed card. That is small pickings compared to the mass of sales at a launch and Nvidia know this.

If things turn stale they will still sell cards but nowhere near as much. Nobody with a 10 series will be buying another 10 series, if that makes sense.

Kaapstad
09-02-18, 12:58 PM

Oddly enough I suggested GTX V80 on another forum.

Then I had a bit of a think and came up with GTX V8 which has a nice ring to it.

AngryGoldfish
09-02-18, 01:28 PM
I don't see nVidia putting anything new out in terms of graphics cards, why should they when their current offerings are making them so much money, had Vega been what we all hoped for then we would have seen more from nvidia but right now there is simply no need as they can continue to sell mid range GPUs as their top line

I know what you mean. However, signs are pointing to a new release soon.

What I think will happen is, the new XX80 GPU and XX70 GPUs will only offer marginal increases in performance in DX11 benchmarks, but at a lower TDP in chips that are easier and cheaper for Nvidia to produce. The XX80 could be 5% faster than a Titan Xp and people will still buy it because it'll be a much smaller GPU (and thus easier to cool and cheaper to buy), and it also might have higher DX12 performance—say, 10-15% gain over Titan Xp versus 5% in DX11—which will add sugar to the cake and entice people to upgrade. They could sell the XX70 for £500 and the XX80 £650 and people would buy it because it's faster than a 1080Ti, draws less power, is slightly cheaper, and is new and 'Nvidia-shiny' (which is whole other kind of shiny). That's what Intel were doing, as Alien said, since Bulldozer came along and failed. GPU and CPUs are not the same, but Vega is, right now, the Bulldozer of Radeon. It has room to mature, but so did Bulldozer and by and large didn't.

Kaapstad
09-02-18, 02:04 PM
I know what you mean. However, signs are pointing to a new release soon.

What I think will happen is, the new XX80 GPU and XX70 GPUs will only offer marginal increases in performance in DX11 benchmarks, but at a lower TDP in chips that are easier and cheaper for Nvidia to produce. The XX80 could be 5% faster than a Titan Xp and people will still buy it because it'll be a much smaller GPU (and thus easier to cool and cheaper to buy), and it also might have higher DX12 performance—say, 10-15% gain over Titan Xp versus 5% in DX11—which will add sugar to the cake and entice people to upgrade. They could sell the XX70 for £500 and the XX80 £650 and people would buy it because it's faster than a 1080Ti, draws less power, is slightly cheaper, and is new and 'Nvidia-shiny' (which is whole other kind of shiny). That's what Intel were doing, as Alien said, since Bulldozer came along and failed. GPU and CPUs are not the same, but Vega is, right now, the Bulldozer of Radeon. It has room to mature, but so did Bulldozer and by and large didn't.

Depending on the software the performance in DX12 could be huge.

Unfortunately most DX12 games don't err really support DX12.

Here are some Timespy Extreme DX12 scores from another forum. Check out the graphics score of the Volta Titan

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31207163/

AngryGoldfish
09-02-18, 02:37 PM
Depending on the software the performance in DX12 could be huge.

Unfortunately most DX12 games don't err really support DX12.

Here are some Timespy Extreme DX12 scores from another forum. Check out the graphics score of the Volta Titan

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31207163/

Yeah, those scores look good. The Titan X Maxwell is slightly slower than a GTX 1080, right? Which means that the jump from Titan XM to Titan Xp is around 3200 GFX score (just an estimate; don't know exact score) to 5352. That's an increase of 2150 points. The jump from Titan Xp to Titan V is 2200 points. So that's an improvement.

AlienALX
09-02-18, 02:41 PM
Titan X Maxwell is dead even with a 1070.

AngryGoldfish
09-02-18, 03:06 PM
Titan X Maxwell is dead even with a 1070.

A heavily overclocked Titan XM could probably beat a 1070 in a benchmark like Time Spy, but yeah.

AlienALX
09-02-18, 04:21 PM
A heavily overclocked Titan XM could probably beat a 1070 in a benchmark like Time Spy, but yeah.

Nope, it loses. The 1070 has the edge in DX12, the XM has the edge in 11.

AngryGoldfish
09-02-18, 05:28 PM

Wow, so the gap between the Maxwell Titan and the Pascal Titan is smaller (in DX12) than the gap between the Pascal Titan and the Volta Titan. Very impressive indeed.

Kaapstad
09-02-18, 05:34 PM

Must get my 1070 out and give it a bash in Timespy Extreme and see if it can beat my Kingpin 980 Ti cards.

AlienALX
09-02-18, 06:19 PM
Must get my 1070 out and give it a bash in Timespy Extreme and see if it can beat my Kingpin 980 Ti cards.

It should.

When Wraith got his 1070 ages and ages ago we had a benchmark bash. In DX12 I could not catch the 1070, even at 1458mhz which really was the absolute limit of the card. It wasn't temps, they were fine, but it had no more to give clock speed wise.

Firestrike though the XM was the better card. That was also using Timespy when it first came out, and as we know DX12 can hinder performance somewhat. However, I did read that Nvidia had made DX12 better (better but not perfect) on Pascal.. I think it was one of the tweaks they did before shrinking it.

Kaapstad
09-02-18, 06:27 PM
It should.

When Wraith got his 1070 ages and ages ago we had a benchmark bash. In DX12 I could not catch the 1070, even at 1458mhz which really was the absolute limit of the card. It wasn't temps, they were fine, but it had no more to give clock speed wise.

Firestrike though the XM was the better card. That was also using Timespy when it first came out, and as we know DX12 can hinder performance somewhat. However, I did read that Nvidia had made DX12 better (better but not perfect) on Pascal.. I think it was one of the tweaks they did before shrinking it.

My Kingpin 980 Ti (82% ASIC) cards are beasts even on air and can reach 1575/2100 (stock volts and bios). They are fractionally faster than my watercooled Maxwell Titans at low resolutions and fractionally slower @2160p.

NeverBackDown
09-02-18, 06:32 PM
My Kingpin 980 Ti (82% ASIC) cards are beasts even on air and can reach 1575/2100 (stock volts and bios). They are fractionally faster than my watercooled Maxwell Titans at low resolutions and fractionally slower @2160p.

Could you explain the ASIC quality to me? I see lots of conflicting reports and seeing as you have more cards than 99% of people on earth do I'd like your opinion:)

AlienALX
09-02-18, 06:40 PM

Thing is I wouldn't really class the KP as a 980Ti. Not by any means lol.

Asic quality is supposed to give you better overclocks but was always BS any time I read threads on OCUK.

Kaapstad
09-02-18, 06:50 PM
Could you explain the ASIC quality to me? I see lots of conflicting reports and seeing as you have more cards than 99% of people on earth do I'd like your opinion:)

It is not really relevant anymore as you can not read the ASIC value on modern cards anyway.

I did a bench thread for it a long time ago and generally the higher the ASIC the higher it was possible to OC the GPU and less voltage it needed to do it.

Another thing I have noticed is a high ASIC does not mean you are guaranteed the best overclock as sometimes these chips don't like extra voltage at all. A good example of this is the Kingpin 980 Ti cards I mentioned earlier, they are beasts at overclocking on stock volts but don't like any extra at all.

Sometimes you can get the same performance with a low ASIC GPU/extra voltage as you can with a high ASIC card/less voltage where the latter will not take any extra voltage.

TheF34RChannel
10-02-18, 09:28 AM
Rumour: Nvidia Ampere might launch as GeForce GTX 2070 and 2080 on April 12th

It's been silent with new graphics card releases from Nvidia. We've mentioned it a couple of times already, we really do not expect Volta with HBM2 to reach consumer grade graphics anytime soon. The chatter is about to get big as the first indications are here that Nvidia will be launching a GA104, a GPU called Ampere, on April 12th.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/rumor-nvidia-ampere-might-launch-as-geforce-gtx-2070-and-2080-on-april-12th.html

Dicehunter
13-02-18, 07:46 PM
https://i.imgur.com/dX3DnmB.jpg

https://www.techpowerup.com/241500/nvidia-to-unveil-turing-consumer-graphics-gpu-next-month

AlienALX
13-02-18, 08:49 PM
From the man in Taiwan. Feel free to verify or call BS I will leave that up to you. Just know that if you thought RAM was expensive enough already you're in for a further shock.

Global DRAM output value to rise over 30% in 2018, says DRAMeXchange

Output value for the global DRAM memory industry will increase more than 30% to US$96 billion in 2018, following a robust 76% surge, according to DRAMeXchange.

The industry output value for the fourth quarter of 2017 climbed 14.2% sequentially to nearly US$21.9 billion, driven by a seasonal pickup in demand for smartphones and rising mobile DRAM prices, said DRAMeXchange.

DRAM contract quotes for the first quarter of 2018 will continue their upward trend, DRAMeXchange indicated. Mobile DRAM prices will increase around 3% on quarter, though smartphone sales have started to slow down. Meanwhile, PC DRAM prices are expected to rise about 5% sequentially while prices of server-use memory will see a 3-5% rally.

Major DRAM vendors including Samsung Electronics, SK Hynix and Micron Technology will continue to benefit from continued growth in the memory prices, as well as lower manufacturing costs through process technology advancements, in the first quarter of 2018, according to DRAMeXchange.

Industry leader Samsung saw its DRAM revenues grow 14.5% sequentially to US$10.1 billion in the fourth quarter of 2017, while second-ranked SK Hynix' DRAM revenues climbed 14.1% on quarter to US$6.3 billion. Samsung and SK Hynix took a combined 74.7% share of the global DRAM market in the fourth quarter.

TheF34RChannel
13-02-18, 09:27 PM
The first (and only) Core i9 mobile processor has made an appearance.

https://videocardz.com/75073/intel-core-i9-8950hk-spotted

TheF34RChannel
13-02-18, 09:30 PM
From the man in Taiwan. Feel free to verify or call BS I will leave that up to you. Just know that if you thought RAM was expensive enough already you're in for a further shock.

Global DRAM output value to rise over 30% in 2018, says DRAMeXchange

Output value for the global DRAM memory industry will increase more than 30% to US$96 billion in 2018, following a robust 76% surge, according to DRAMeXchange.

The industry output value for the fourth quarter of 2017 climbed 14.2% sequentially to nearly US$21.9 billion, driven by a seasonal pickup in demand for smartphones and rising mobile DRAM prices, said DRAMeXchange.

DRAM contract quotes for the first quarter of 2018 will continue their upward trend, DRAMeXchange indicated. Mobile DRAM prices will increase around 3% on quarter, though smartphone sales have started to slow down. Meanwhile, PC DRAM prices are expected to rise about 5% sequentially while prices of server-use memory will see a 3-5% rally.

Major DRAM vendors including Samsung Electronics, SK Hynix and Micron Technology will continue to benefit from continued growth in the memory prices, as well as lower manufacturing costs through process technology advancements, in the first quarter of 2018, according to DRAMeXchange.

Industry leader Samsung saw its DRAM revenues grow 14.5% sequentially to US$10.1 billion in the fourth quarter of 2017, while second-ranked SK Hynix' DRAM revenues climbed 14.1% on quarter to US$6.3 billion. Samsung and SK Hynix took a combined 74.7% share of the global DRAM market in the fourth quarter.

Awesome... That'll lower GPU prices :/

AlienALX
13-02-18, 10:10 PM
Awesome... That'll lower GPU prices :/

They're getting greedy. The report says it all, how many billions they've buggered us for over the past X months/years etc. Once a corporation starts making that sort of money it doesn't like giving it up easily.

God, I am just so happy I really don't want or need any PC components at the moment. I think my Ryzen APU project can stay on ice for a while /rolls eyes.

NeverBackDown
13-02-18, 10:29 PM
They're getting greedy. The report says it all, how many billions they've buggered us for over the past X months/years etc. Once a corporation starts making that sort of money it doesn't like giving it up easily.

God, I am just so happy I really don't want or need any PC components at the moment. I think my Ryzen APU project can stay on ice for a while /rolls eyes.

Can you please stop being so cynical about everything? There is a RAM shortage. Meaning demand is super high. So obviously they are going to be making more money per ram die sold because you increase prices to deter demand and increase supply. You can thank the hundreds of millions of mobile devices sold for taking up production lines. That's where most of the money comes from. Considering less than 5 FABs in the world make memory and most of which is owned by Samsung, this isn't unexpected.

War Machine
14-02-18, 07:04 AM
Can you please stop being so cynical about everything? There is a RAM shortage. Meaning demand is super high. So obviously they are going to be making more money per ram die sold because you increase prices to deter demand and increase supply. You can thank the hundreds of millions of mobile devices sold for taking up production lines. That's where most of the money comes from. Considering less than 5 FABs in the world make memory and most of which is owned by Samsung, this isn't unexpected.

At least someone is using some sense here. Thank you.

All i seem to hear or see about is mining is the blame and nothing else, Mining is some of the blame but not 100% of it.

AlienALX
14-02-18, 11:58 AM

Please stop being so cynical about 8gb ram costing over £100? hmm, let me see.... Nope ! I'm actually not being cynical I am being real. It sucks, and at no point am I going to say "There there, it's actually OK".

Any way 2018 will suck, that's for sure. I guess for now I will just have to hold out and leave everything as it sits. Once 2019 hits, though? then it will backfire on them because China is already starting to ready itself for making lots of RAM. Once those Chinese fabs come online? then it will crash.

NeverBackDown
14-02-18, 05:38 PM
At least someone is using some sense here. Thank you.

All i seem to hear or see about is mining is the blame and nothing else, Mining is some of the blame but not 100% of it.

People will believe what they want to. But looking at it objectively you can see that so few places actually produce the high performance memory required on so many devices. It makes sense that when Apple requests 80 million iPhones there will be shortages. I'm pretty sure it's higher now haven't checked since last year it was like 72 million or whatever. That's a ton of memory. And of course they get priority, they are a far bigger customer and money maker than the GPU segment.

That's one reason. You still have all the other phone makers. You have GPU customers, SSDs are starting to use memory as cache, consoles, OEM desktop and laptops and then memory sold by itself. It's an insane volume of memory coming out of FABs. The fact we have so little failure rates is impressive.

AlienALX
14-02-18, 05:46 PM
People will believe what they want to. But looking at it objectively you can see that so few places actually produce the high performance memory required on so many devices. It makes sense that when Apple requests 80 million iPhones there will be shortages. I'm pretty sure it's higher now haven't checked since last year it was like 72 million or whatever. That's a ton of memory. And of course they get priority, they are a far bigger customer and money maker than the GPU segment.

That's one reason. You still have all the other phone makers. You have GPU customers, SSDs are starting to use memory as cache, consoles, OEM desktop and laptops and then memory sold by itself. It's an insane volume of memory coming out of FABs. The fact we have so little failure rates is impressive.

That would be correct, if it wasn't wrong. Smart phones are starting to plateau. It is not because of smart phones now it is because of all of the other things in life that require memory. The automotive industry, in car electronics, civic uses, home automation and so on. Even some heating climate controls use memory.

This is why China are setting up fabs all over the place, because even with Samsung at full capacity they can't keep up with demand. Not from phones but from everything. So they are going to start making it themselves. Which makes sense, given they are now an ultra power because they do all of the things we CBA doing and get other nations to do for us.

Avet
14-02-18, 11:57 PM
Could it be Meshify S??? :wub: :crazy:

https://www.facebook.com/fractaldesign/photos/a.223325457718483.75078.154222594628770/1715236085194072/?type=3&theater

NeverBackDown
15-02-18, 01:19 AM
Could it be Meshify S??? :wub: :crazy:

https://www.facebook.com/fractaldesign/photos/a.223325457718483.75078.154222594628770/1715236085194072/?type=3&theater

Would be amazing! I would definitely want an ITX version

Avet
15-02-18, 02:51 AM
Also Fractal Josh, posted this (https://www.instagram.com/p/BetMH7vhVKc/?taken-by=fractaljosh) on 2nd February. :)

NeverBackDown
15-02-18, 04:50 AM
Also Fractal Josh, posted this (https://www.instagram.com/p/BetMH7vhVKc/?taken-by=fractaljosh) on 2nd February. :)

I think you guessed it then dude:)

TheF34RChannel
15-02-18, 10:11 AM
Leaked roadmaps confirm Coffee Lake-E/H/S & Cascade Lake-SP to remain focus in 2018

https://videocardz.com/75080/leaked-roadmaps-confirm-coffee-lake-e-h-s-cascade-lake-sp-to-remain-focus-in-2018

Dicehunter
18-02-18, 07:55 PM
New option for the Corsair 570X, The Mirror Black Edition.

Mirrored glass on all sides, RGB Corsair logo on the PSU shroud, Proper 280mm rad support up top, A vertical GPU mount option and hex key screws instead of the pretty anodized heads on the non mirror versions of the case.

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/crystal-series-570x-rgb-mirror-black-tempered-glass-premium-atx-mid-tower-case

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/corsair/product-images/cases/570x-rgb-mirror-black/large/570x_rgb_mb_01_red.png

Dicehunter
26-02-18, 01:44 PM
GeForce 391.01 Released.

Game ready for Final Fantasy XV, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Warhammer: Vermintide 2, and World of Tanks 1.0.

https://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers/results/131510

g0ggles1994
04-03-18, 08:04 PM
Bit late to the party but Gigabyte have finally made some mATX X370 boards, dates placeholder for start of april release. So I'm guessing this is stopgap before any mATX X470 boards come?

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-ax370m-ds3h-amd-x370-s-am4-ddr4-sata3-m2-realtek-gbe-usb-31-gen1-a-microatx

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-ax370m-gaming-3-amd-x370-s-am4-ddr4-sata3-m2-realtek-gbe-usb-31-gen2-a-microatx

...If only they came out during Ryzen's launch though

WYP
05-03-18, 08:56 AM
Bit late to the party but Gigabyte have finally made some mATX X370 boards, dates placeholder for start of april release. So I'm guessing this is stopgap before any mATX X470 boards come?

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-ax370m-ds3h-amd-x370-s-am4-ddr4-sata3-m2-realtek-gbe-usb-31-gen1-a-microatx

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-ax370m-gaming-3-amd-x370-s-am4-ddr4-sata3-m2-realtek-gbe-usb-31-gen2-a-microatx

...If only they came out during Ryzen's launch though

Nice, shame that they don't have heatsinks on all of its VRM components though, kinda makes the use of the X370 chipset pointless overclocking wise.

g0ggles1994
05-03-18, 09:49 AM
Nice, shame that they don't have heatsinks on all of its VRM components though, kinda makes the use of the X370 chipset pointless overclocking wise.

Aye I was thinking that, my guess it's to do with the whole thing about X370 having native SLI/XFire support and extra PCIe lanes. I will say it would have been nice to have right off the bat rather than when the chipset is about to be phased out

AlienALX
05-03-18, 10:37 AM
They're low end boards at low end prices. Well actually, maybe that is a bit harsh. They are mid range boards at relatively low end prices.

It would be nice to see some all killer, all singing and dancing MATX boards but I would imagine a big part of holding the manus back is the hack that Ryzen usually stops at 4ghz and won't go any more. So there's no point doing crazy 16 phase boards any way.

The big test will be when these review. Can they do the magic number (3.8-4ghz?) and if so they're fine. Might not look very masculine but yeah, actions and all that.

Some news.

The EU is about to come up with "tech tax". It will be between 2-6%. I won't post my sauce because Tom wouldn't like it.

AlienALX
06-03-18, 08:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcCSutQQRuo

Newegg are now sending info to certain states on people who bought stuff "tax free" and didn't declare/pay tax. I don't remember whether it was here or somewhere else but I explained this before and some one told me I was wrong. Well, I wasn't. You are supposed to declare it and pay your state's tax on it when it arrives.

NeverBackDown
08-03-18, 04:00 AM
Got an email from Fractal Design about there new Silent LL series fans from the Focus G case, now sold separately in red white and blue
http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/casefans/silent-series-r3

Only seems to be 120mm though but the plus side is they are pretty darn cheap for a LED fan. Though that's probably because they are LEDs instead of a RGB

Warchild
08-03-18, 09:42 AM
Looks like Ubisoft is on the lookout to use machine learning to combat bugs before they make it into the final releases

Source (http://www.wired.co.uk/article/ubisoft-commit-assist-ai)

Dicehunter
08-03-18, 09:56 AM
Looks like Ubisoft is on the lookout to use machine learning to combat bugs before they make it into the final releases

That's freaking cool right there !

WYP
08-03-18, 01:39 PM

Now this is a cool idea, though I'm not sure if developers want an AI reading over their shoulder. Thanks Warchild for the spot!

This topic has been made into a dedicated thread, with an accompanying OC3D article.

https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=83517

Dicehunter
09-03-18, 06:13 PM
Was just watching the Sound Blaster live stream on Facebook and the guy on there said they are coming out with a super high end version of their new AE-5 that came out only 4'ish months ago which will have swappable op-amps and various upgrades over the AE-5, And considering the AE-5 is truly an amazing soundcard, This should be good, Day 1 buy for me for sure !

AlienALX
09-03-18, 07:35 PM
I can't believe they made a sound card in this day and age without swap out OPAMPs. That really doesn't make any sense to me. Sound cards are a waste of cash unless you are completely into audio and in which case you would want to play around swapping out the OPs.

TheF34RChannel
09-03-18, 08:27 PM
Google claims its Bristlecone quantum chipset can outdo normal CPUs

Google is doubling down on emerging technology, debuting its new quantum computing chip that could potentially lead to a major breakthrough. While still in the theoretical stages, the company has stated that its Bristlecone design can outdo today’s CPU technology still using silicon.

“We are cautiously optimistic that quantum supremacy can be achieved with Bristlecone,” explains Google research scientist Julian Kelly. “Quantum supremacy” is simply the term used to identify the point at which quantum computing can physically outperform a tradiational supercomputer based on silicon technology.

https://www.kitguru.net/components/cpu/damien-cox/google-claims-its-bristlecone-quantum-chipset-can-outdo-normal-cpus/

Warchild
09-03-18, 09:02 PM
Was just watching the Sound Blaster live stream on Facebook and the guy on there said they are coming out with a super high end version of their new AE-5 that came out only 4'ish months ago which will have swappable op-amps and various upgrades over the AE-5, And considering the AE-5 is truly an amazing soundcard, This should be good, Day 1 buy for me for sure !

Well considering you had the STX did you bother with the OPAMPS?

Unless you are a true audiophile like people such as Alien, i think its just pointless. I can't see there being much of an improvement. If you want true improvement, go external.

I do agree though, the AE-5 is a damn good card. It has 0 latency with my guitar.

NeverBackDown
09-03-18, 09:23 PM
External will always be better. Not everybody needs it though

AlienALX
10-03-18, 08:04 AM

Unless you are a true audiophile like people such as Alien, i think its just pointless. I can't see there being much of an improvement. If you want true improvement, go external.

I do agree though, the AE-5 is a damn good card. It has 0 latency with my guitar.

The only reason I find it important is if Creative release a "Treble rebel" like the XFI TIT HD I have. Which I have been meaning to switch the OPAMPs on forever now. Apparently it sounds much better with different OPAMPs. Now the D2X? that's about perfect as is.

Dicehunter
10-03-18, 08:25 AM

I actually did change out the op-amps on the STXII, Got a small collection of them now, They do make a difference, Plus I like to tinker ^_^

Tolemac
10-03-18, 09:23 AM
I actually did change out the op-amps on the STXII, Got a small collection of them now, They do make a difference, Plus I like to tinker ^_^

Tell us something we don't know Dicey :eek:

Dicehunter
10-03-18, 09:24 AM
Tell us something we don't know Dicey :eek:

I open mouth kissed a horse once, That's something you didn't know.

:D

AlienALX
10-03-18, 09:55 AM
True story.. My brother is terrified of horses. We pulled up at a nature reserve/rest stop in Hampshire once and there are free roaming horses and ponies. My bro crapped his pants and refused to get out of the car so was sat on the back seat eating his jam sandwich. A horse stuck its head in through the car window and nicked his sandwich out of his hands.

God, I LOLed. He didn't see the funny side and gave me a dead arm lmao.

Dicehunter
10-03-18, 09:56 AM
true story.. My brother is terrified of horses. We pulled up at a nature reserve/rest stop in hampshire once and there are free roaming horses and ponies. My bro crapped his pants and refused to get out of the car so was sat on the back seat eating his jam sandwich. A horse stuck its head in through the car window and nicked his sandwich out of his hands.

God, i loled. He didn't see the funny side and gave me a dead arm lmao.

Rofl xD

AngryGoldfish
10-03-18, 12:33 PM
I haven't seen this as corroborated information yet and I'm just posting it for anyone who hasn't seen it. I don't have any stake in it or consider it fact or fiction. With that caveat out of the way, apparently AMD has asked HardOCP to work on a report on Nvidia's new Partner Program and how it could affect the industry.

From the looks of it, if Nvidia get their way, ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI will not be able to produce AMD GPUs. Nvidia are strong-arming their partners to join the Illuminati of GPU makers or else they'll withhold benefits such as, high-effort engineering engagements, early tech engagement, launch partner status, game bundling, sales rebate programs, social media and PR support, marketing reports, and marketing development funds (which looks to be the big one).

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018/03/08/geforce_partner_program_impacts_consumer_choice

AlienALX
10-03-18, 12:45 PM
It won't be legal. No matter how they try and word it. Ah well, if Asus Gigabyte and MSI are that dependent on Nvidia leave them to it. Their loss.

AngryGoldfish
10-03-18, 12:47 PM
Caseking have an exclusive air flow edition of the Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX. It looks awesome and should fix a major issue with one of the best cases I've seen.

https://www.caseking.de/en/phanteks-enthoo-evolv-atx-flow-edition-midi-tower-tempered-glass-black-geph-079.html

It won't be legal. No matter how they try and word it. Ah well, if Asus Gigabyte and MSI are that dependent on Nvidia leave them to it. Their loss.

The crazy thing is, if it is illegal and never moves any further, and if enough of us state our discomfort and anger with the partnership, Nvidia have such a stranglehold on the market and consumers that, like the 3.5GB VRAM issue and other failings, they'll still be the top dog.

AlienALX
10-03-18, 01:12 PM
The crazy thing is, if it is illegal and never moves any further, and if enough of us state our discomfort and anger with the partnership, Nvidia have such a stranglehold on the market and consumers that, like the 3.5GB VRAM issue and other failings, they'll still be the top dog.

They won't get away with it but I suspect they already know that. The fines they get and the lawsuit with AMD will probably work out better in the long run though.

There is a saying "Turkeys voting for Christmas". And it's so true, especially in this case. People will still buy Nvidia no matter how nasty they are. See also - Intel. They've been nothing but a box of dirty tricks for years. Yet for some reason you just can't break the level of devotion people have toward them nor the mindshare. If people bought the best product then Netburst would have all but bankrupted Intel, and Fermi would have done Nvidia in (and it was close IMO, hence why Nvidia took over direct sales of their early popular card the GTX 460).

Excalabur50
14-03-18, 04:18 AM
Professor Stephen Hawking has just passed away at age 76 RIP

WYP
14-03-18, 10:30 AM
Professor Stephen Hawking has just passed away at age 76 RIP

Sad times, the world has lost a great mind today.

AlienALX
14-03-18, 10:38 AM
Gees that's three in so many days :( Ken Dodd, Stephen Hawking and Trevor Bayliss :(

tinytomlogan
14-03-18, 10:54 AM
Average IQ on the planet took a massive dip today.....

He wasnt just about science though......

GrXIPcJEm38

Avet
14-03-18, 11:25 AM
Average IQ on the planet took a massive dip today.....

He wasnt just about science though......

GrXIPcJEm38

One of the greatest men that ever lived. We should be honored just for being able to share this world with him.

AlienALX
14-03-18, 11:34 AM
He did have a good sense of humour. I saw a video of him earlier talking about William Tell and then he says "Oh god not the Apple story again". That did make me lol.

NeverBackDown
14-03-18, 05:42 PM
Total War What the teams are working on Update blog
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/wttwo-03-18

WYP
14-03-18, 05:53 PM
Total War What the teams are working on Update blog
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/wttwo-03-18

I'm about to leave the house now. Can't wait to give this a read when I get home. :)

NeverBackDown
14-03-18, 08:12 PM
I'm about to leave the house now. Can't wait to give this a read when I get home. :)

Definitely had me surprised! Love these blogs. Always good to hear what's going on and the usual teases they have:)

AlienALX
15-03-18, 11:37 AM
Gutted.

https://kotaku.com/fallout-3-in-fallout-4-mod-canceled-after-team-talks-to-1823738281/amp

Bartacus
15-03-18, 12:09 PM
Gutted.

https://kotaku.com/fallout-3-in-fallout-4-mod-canceled-after-team-talks-to-1823738281/amp

Ugh, that sucks! :(

AlienALX
15-03-18, 12:35 PM
Ugh, that sucks! :(

Yeah there was the same issue with a mod done years ago for FO3 called "GNR Enhanced". Basically they added about 200 songs to it so it didn't drive you nuts playing the same ones over and over (and some very cool adverts they made) but Bethesda said no so you had to find it yourself so to speak. Bit a a bummer.

Hopefully they won't throw a strop (like coders love to do, I know a few :D ) and will find a way to release the game code with no sounds or something, with instructions on how to rip the sound from FO3 yourself (very easy, I used to do it years ago to stop the stutter.. Basically rip, decompress and then use a script to use the wav files).

So yeah, hopefully they remain positive and work out a way to do it.

g0ggles1994
17-03-18, 01:37 PM
Alleged RoG X470-F Motherboard photo leaked:

https://videocardz.com/newz/picture-of-asus-x470-rog-hybrid-motherboard-leaks-out

WYP
17-03-18, 01:53 PM
Alleged RoG X470-F Motherboard photo leaked:

https://videocardz.com/newz/picture-of-asus-x470-rog-hybrid-motherboard-leaks-out

Oooo, nice find.

Matches up nicely with the board layouts that I have found for that board.

https://overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/technical_details_for_three_asus_x470_motherboards _leaked/1

AlienALX
17-03-18, 02:03 PM
Wow, those are some huge coolers/covers !!

g0ggles1994
17-03-18, 03:49 PM
Oooo, nice find.

Matches up nicely with the board layouts that I have found for that board.

https://overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/technical_details_for_three_asus_x470_motherboards _leaked/1

Aye thanks mate. It does, people are speculating the board pictured is for the Chinese market given the symbols/lettering on it. But since it lines up with the specs you posted, I think it will be the same all over the world without the symbols

Wow, those are some huge coolers/covers !!

I hear that, I just hope given Ryzen 1's success, motherboard manufacturers will take it more seriously and pump out better boards for Ryzen 2. Although I'll still complain at the lack of high end mATX boards :lol:

Dicehunter
17-03-18, 04:06 PM
I hear that, I just hope given Ryzen 1's success, motherboard manufacturers will take it more seriously and pump out better boards for Ryzen 2. Although I'll still complain at the lack of high end mATX boards :lol:

I hope we get something akin to the Formula or TUF boards Intel has, I'm really happy with Ryzen but the boards aesthetics are so lacklustre.

looz
19-03-18, 06:26 PM
https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-rtx-real-time-game-ray-tracing

NVIDIA claims that Volta is capable of real time ray tracing.

EDIT: Apparently it's a Hardware implementation of Microsoft's DXR, Anand article: https://www.anandtech.com/show/12547/expanding-directx-12-microsoft-announces-directx-raytracing

EDIT: Looks like Nvidia is using Tensor cores(and possibly something else, they didn't say yet) for their hardware implementation:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia-rtx-microsoft-dxr-raytracing

TheF34RChannel
20-03-18, 10:33 PM
AMD Announces Real-time Ray Tracing Support for ProRender and Radeon GPU Profiler 1.2

From AnandTech:

First disclosed this evening with teaser videos related to a GDC presentation on Unity, today AMD is announcing two developer-oriented features: real-time ray tracing support for the company's ProRender rendering engine, and Radeon GPU Profiler 1.2.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12552/amd-announces-real-time-ray-tracing-for-prorender-and-radeon-gpu-profiler-12

AlienALX
20-03-18, 10:53 PM
AMD Announces Real-time Ray Tracing Support for ProRender and Radeon GPU Profiler 1.2

From AnandTech:

First disclosed this evening with teaser videos related to a GDC presentation on Unity, today AMD is announcing two developer-oriented features: real-time ray tracing support for the company's ProRender rendering engine, and Radeon GPU Profiler 1.2.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12552/amd-announces-real-time-ray-tracing-for-prorender-and-radeon-gpu-profiler-12

Well that's good news. And hey, maybe this is why Navi will be scaleable and have more than one core.

g0ggles1994
21-03-18, 02:03 PM
Crosshair Hero VII Box leaked with Videocardz saying their sources have said Asus has begun retail distribution

https://videocardz.com/newz/asus-rog-x470-crosshair-hero-vii-packaging-hits-the-web

WYP
21-03-18, 02:10 PM
Crosshair Hero VII Box leaked with Videocardz saying their sources have said Asus has begun retail distribution

https://videocardz.com/newz/asus-rog-x470-crosshair-hero-vii-packaging-hits-the-web

Cool, just a shame that the dox doesn't reveal anything. Kinda wish this was the underside of the box to read some juicy details.

g0ggles1994
21-03-18, 02:12 PM
Cool, just a shame that the dox doesn't reveal anything. Kinda wish this was the underside of the box to read some juicy details.

I was thinking that as well. Or even a Crosshair VII Extreme box which would stir the pot a bit. If they've actually started distribution I'd assume more leaks are on the horizon

AlienALX
21-03-18, 02:47 PM
Something is going on... One of the sites I visit just got a new reviewer, and we have a "FML" esque thread on that forum. Any way, he accidentally blew something up. He would not reveal what, but it was definitely some sort of CPU or board. When I said yesterday about it possibly being Intel's new 8/16 he quoted me and replied with "No comment". So something is going on. Either Ryzen+ is starting to find its way out there (which means so will the boards) or Intel are also up to something.

I don't think it will be long now before we find out :)

TheF34RChannel
23-03-18, 10:30 PM
ADATA launches XPG SX8200 PCIe M.2 SSD

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12564/adata-launches-xpg-sx8200-ssds-featuring-3d-tlc-nand-sm2262-controller

Will you review it Tom? I'm wondering how good Adata is (or how bad) compared to Samsung.

NeverBackDown
23-03-18, 11:58 PM
ADATA launches XPG SX8200 PCIe M.2 SSD

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12564/adata-launches-xpg-sx8200-ssds-featuring-3d-tlc-nand-sm2262-controller

Will you review it Tom? I'm wondering how good Adata is (or how bad) compared to Samsung.

My brothers adata been going strong for years under constant use in his gaming PC.

Dicehunter
26-03-18, 12:41 PM
AMD Ryzen 7 "2800X" Not Part of First Wave

https://www.techpowerup.com/242688/amd-ryzen-7-2800x-not-part-of-first-wave

RobM
26-03-18, 12:53 PM
AMD Ryzen 7 "2800X" Not Part of First Wave

https://www.techpowerup.com/242688/amd-ryzen-7-2800x-not-part-of-first-wave

not sure they are releasing a 2800x, none of the leaked data showed it as far as I saw

Wraith
26-03-18, 05:11 PM
The Darkness 2 is free on Humble Bundle right now ;) .

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-darkness-ii?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=Free_Darkness_2_2018

g0ggles1994
26-03-18, 09:16 PM
Asus X470-F Box leaked, matches X470-F board pictured the other week. Not going to lie, I do like the design of the chipset block

https://videocardz.com/newz/packaging-of-asus-strix-x470-f-motherboard-has-been-leaked

Dicehunter
27-03-18, 01:51 PM
The all new iCUE from Corsair is out, Combines Corsair Link and CUE into 1.

923OB-9QZMQ

Working REALLY well so far :)

https://i.imgur.com/isyLWUb.png

g0ggles1994
27-03-18, 02:34 PM
The all new iCUE from Corsair is out, Combines Corsair Link and CUE into 1.

923OB-9QZMQ

Working REALLY well so far :)

https://i.imgur.com/isyLWUb.png

Does this completely replace Link or do I still need that installed as well? The Corsair forum just says make sure Link is updated. I wish I could just get speed control on my ML120's without having to buy a Commander

Dicehunter
27-03-18, 02:35 PM
Does this completely replace Link or do I still need that installed as well? The Corsair forum just says make sure Link is updated. I wish I could just get speed control on my ML120's without having to buy a Commander

Replaces Link and CUE :)

AlienALX
27-03-18, 02:53 PM
https://wccftech.com/nvidias-upcoming-lineup-will-be-called-geforce-gtx-11-series/

What did I say again?

g0ggles1994
28-03-18, 12:40 PM
Found on the AMD subreddit, Full RX500 series lineup coming from AsRock

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/87rcxx/asrock_radeon_rx_500_phantom_gaming_series_leaked/

https://videocardz.com/75606/asrock-radeon-rx-500-phantom-gaming-series-leaked

AlienALX
28-03-18, 12:43 PM
Quite appropriate naming really lmao. Phantom GPUs :D

AngryGoldfish
28-03-18, 12:52 PM
Is it weird to jump in on the GPU manufacturing race with a company that's way behind in sales, cannot up with the mining demand, and with an architecture that's 18 months old? Mining sales?

AlienALX
28-03-18, 12:54 PM
Is it weird to jump in on the GPU manufacturing race with a company that's way behind in sales, cannot up with the mining demand, and with an architecture that's 18 months old? Mining sales?

Yup mining totally. Asrock actually make mining mobos and everything.

WYP
28-03-18, 02:59 PM
Found on the AMD subreddit, Full RX500 series lineup coming from AsRock

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/87rcxx/asrock_radeon_rx_500_phantom_gaming_series_leaked/

https://videocardz.com/75606/asrock-radeon-rx-500-phantom-gaming-series-leaked

Just seen this. Good find, you guys are giving me a proper run for my money these days. You guys are like greased lightning.

All the data on ASRock's custom Radeon GPUs is available now. The OC3D news thread can be found here (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=83697). Includes clock speeds, images and other data.

TheF34RChannel
29-03-18, 10:10 AM
Researchers Discover new Intel processor Vulnerability - the BranchScope Attack

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/intel-processors-vulnerable-to-new-branchscope-attack.html

WYP
29-03-18, 10:23 AM
Researchers Discover new Intel processor Vulnerability - the BranchScope Attack

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/intel-processors-vulnerable-to-new-branchscope-attack.html

Interesting, trying to hunt down some info on this ATM. Will be interesting to see if Spectre 2 mitigations will prevent this vulnerability due to their similarity.

Good find TheF34RChannel

TheF34RChannel
29-03-18, 03:42 PM
Interesting, trying to hunt down some info on this ATM. Will be interesting to see if Spectre 2 mitigations will prevent this vulnerability due to their similarity.

Good find TheF34RChannel

My pleasure Mark! Indeed eager to know that too.

TheF34RChannel
29-03-18, 03:57 PM
NVIDIA Temporarily Halts Self-Driving Tests in Wake of Recent Crashes

(UPDATE 29MAR2018, 14H34): It has been confirmed that the UBER vehicle that suffered the crash in Arizona, mentioned in this news piece, was indeed running NVIDIA hardware. However, this hardware capability was apparently acquired via of-the-shelf acquisitions by UBER, and didn't employ NVIDIA's DRIVE platform. The autonomous driving capabilities of the UBER vehicle were instead handled by NVIDIA hardware, handled fully via UBER's own, proprietary software stack. NVIDIA, thus, is looking to distance itself from the even as much as possible when it comes to its DRIVE platform, so as to avoid any unwarranted bad press upon the system on which they pin such high hopes for the market.

https://www.techpowerup.com/242789/nvidia-temporarily-halts-self-driving-tests-in-wake-of-recent-crashes

g0ggles1994
29-03-18, 04:41 PM
Just seen this. Good find, you guys are giving me a proper run for my money these days. You guys are like greased lightning.

All the data on ASRock's custom Radeon GPUs is available now. The OC3D news thread can be found here (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=83697). Includes clock speeds, images and other data.

Hahaha nah. I'm just letting you know of anything I find on my travels around the web so you can get it posted ahead of others. :D

WYP
29-03-18, 06:43 PM
NVIDIA Temporarily Halts Self-Driving Tests in Wake of Recent Crashes

(UPDATE 29MAR2018, 14H34): It has been confirmed that the UBER vehicle that suffered the crash in Arizona, mentioned in this news piece, was indeed running NVIDIA hardware. However, this hardware capability was apparently acquired via of-the-shelf acquisitions by UBER, and didn't employ NVIDIA's DRIVE platform. The autonomous driving capabilities of the UBER vehicle were instead handled by NVIDIA hardware, handled fully via UBER's own, proprietary software stack. NVIDIA, thus, is looking to distance itself from the even as much as possible when it comes to its DRIVE platform, so as to avoid any unwarranted bad press upon the system on which they pin such high hopes for the market.

https://www.techpowerup.com/242789/nvidia-temporarily-halts-self-driving-tests-in-wake-of-recent-crashes

Huh, I wasn't aware that Uber was using Nvidia hardware. I did see that they were being very cautious after the accident, but I thought that it was just a PR stunt to make people confident that their stuff would be safe when it is ready.

Hahaha nah. I'm just letting you know of anything I find on my travels around the web so you can get it posted ahead of others. :D

And your input is greatly appreciated.The internet is a big place for one man-child.

NeverBackDown
29-03-18, 10:55 PM
Surprised this wasn't talked about
https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2018/03/27/nvidia-stuns-by-driving-a-car-in-real-life-through-virtual-reality/amp/

AngryGoldfish
30-03-18, 01:23 PM
Surprised this wasn't talked about
https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2018/03/27/nvidia-stuns-by-driving-a-car-in-real-life-through-virtual-reality/amp/

Black Panther-shizzle indeed. That's insanely cool.

AlienALX
30-03-18, 01:49 PM
Call me cynical, but surely it is more fun to actually drive an actual car? lol.

Dark NighT
30-03-18, 02:00 PM
Call me cynical, but surely it is more fun to actually drive an actual car? lol.

A lot of people are lazy behind the wheel, start using phone's, do make up, all kinds of things that has nothing to do with driving, self driving cars could potentially save a lot of lives, they would be perfect for those people.

AngryGoldfish
30-03-18, 05:06 PM
The technology could theoretically be applied to all sorts of transportation. I don't want to have to get an electric car ten years from now when they're the only not-taxed-to-the-heavens vehicles on the road because I like shifting between gears the sound of a roaring engine, but I'd still welcome the change when the pros outweigh the cons. I'd imagine with enough tweaking, autonomous vehicles would also be welcomed by the masses.

HJ1mech
30-03-18, 05:42 PM
Not really news worthy yet but MSI is teasing a laptop on their US twitter account that has thin bezels akin to the Gigabyte Aero 15X

Korreborg
31-03-18, 07:08 AM
About the uber crash. I read on a danish news site, that the first test car version had 7 lidar or lindar (can't remember the name). The new car has 1. giving it a massive blindspot, more or less the whole way around the car. If the object is close enough, the car simply does not see it.

tannji
01-04-18, 02:03 PM
Via CNET: https://www.cnet.com/news/cloudfare-new-1111-dns-privacy-tool-would-speed-your-internet-too/#comments

I found the bit about DNS over HTTPS to be the most interesting bit.

TheF34RChannel
01-04-18, 08:01 PM
Corsair: Stop GPU Abuse

wGOUuXFucEg

AlienALX
01-04-18, 08:33 PM
lol best April Fools so far.

TheF34RChannel
01-04-18, 10:43 PM
lol best April Fools so far.

Yeah quite amusing

g0ggles1994
03-04-18, 11:49 PM
Thread from /r/AMD showing Ryzen 2000 series amazon.com and amazon.de pricing. As well as pre order links

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/89j7x4/ryzen_2700x_box_picture_and_amazonde_prices/

EDIT.
I've altered the links so they now work with Amazon.co.uk

2700X (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aws/cart/add-res.html?ASIN.1=B07B428M7F&Quantity.1=1) - £329.99
2700 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aws/cart/add-res.html?ASIN.1=B07B41717Z&Quantity.1=1) - £259.99
2600X (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aws/cart/add-res.html?ASIN.1=B07B428V2L&Quantity.1=1) - £214.99
2600 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aws/cart/add-res.html?ASIN.1=B07B41WS48&Quantity.1=1) - £174.99

NeverBackDown
04-04-18, 12:11 AM
Are they cheaper than the first series prices right now? In the UK at least? I doubt there's US links like that. I haven't found them at least

g0ggles1994
04-04-18, 12:32 AM
Are they cheaper than the first series prices right now? In the UK at least? I doubt there's US links like that. I haven't found them at least

There are links for Amazon.com, they're in a comment in the thread, and here:

2700X - 329$ - preorder (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/add-res.html?ASIN.1=B07B428M7F&Quantity.1=1)
2700 - 299$ - preorder (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/add-res.html?ASIN.1=B07B41717Z&Quantity.1=1)
2600X - 229$ - preorder (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/add-res.html?ASIN.1=B07B428V2L&Quantity.1=1)
2600 - 199$ - preorder (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/add-res.html?ASIN.1=B07B41WS48&Quantity.1=1)

I've also added the UK prices to my original as well. Comparing to the 1000 series, the 2600 is around £10 more than the 1600X, the 2600X is £10 less than the 1700, the 2700 is about £5 less than the 1800X

NeverBackDown
04-04-18, 01:19 AM
There are links for Amazon.com, they're in a comment in the thread, and here:

2700X - 329$ - preorder (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/add-res.html?ASIN.1=B07B428M7F&Quantity.1=1)
2700 - 299$ - preorder (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/add-res.html?ASIN.1=B07B41717Z&Quantity.1=1)
2600X - 229$ - preorder (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/add-res.html?ASIN.1=B07B428V2L&Quantity.1=1)
2600 - 199$ - preorder (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/add-res.html?ASIN.1=B07B41WS48&Quantity.1=1)

I've also added the UK prices to my original as well. Comparing to the 1000 series, the 2600 is around £10 more than the 1600X, the 2600X is £10 less than the 1700, the 2700 is about £5 less than the 1800X

Oh I didn't see that in the comments section!

Looking at the prices they seem identical to what we have now for us across the pond

TheF34RChannel
04-04-18, 04:02 AM
There was a shooting at YouTube HQ With several injured and one death. 'luckily' employees were able to tweet and live stream it - isn't that great? Disgusting. Will they talk about guns now? Probably not. They should give everyone guns, seeing how well that's been going for them. I am baffled once again...

NeverBackDown
04-04-18, 05:52 AM
There was a shooting at YouTube HQ With several injured and one death. 'luckily' employees were able to tweet and live stream it - isn't that great? Disgusting. Will they talk about guns now? Probably not. They should give everyone guns, seeing how well that's been going for them. I am baffled once again...

Yep instead of protecting themselves they pull there phone out. Sad how much we rely on technology.
A shooting in gun free zone. Imagine that! If government would stop preventing people from concealed carry crime would fall.

What sucks the most is YouTube is already heavily censored and anti gun and now this is definitely going to push that agenda even farther and YouTube channels that have guns in them are going to get screwed even more.

AlienALX
07-04-18, 02:48 PM
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/rumor-nvidia-ampere-might-launch-as-geforce-gtx-2070-and-2080-on-april-12th.html

AngryGoldfish
07-04-18, 05:09 PM

That's two months old... ;)

AlienALX
07-04-18, 05:47 PM
lol that will teach me not to look at the date :D

TheF34RChannel
07-04-18, 07:33 PM
Microsoft will reportedly have Cyberpunk, Splinter Cell, Anthem and more at E3 this year

According to sources close to Microsoft speaking with Rectify Gaming, the company has a slew of high-profile third party deals set up this year. Microsoft apparently has the marketing rights to Cyberpunk 2077, a new Splinter Cell, Anthem, Madden 19, Borderlands 3 and Battlefield V. The report says that it may also have deals set up for The Division 2 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. If E3 2017 is anything to go by, we can probably also add Metro Exodus to the list.

https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/microsoft-will-reportedly-have-cyberpunk-splinter-cell-anthem-and-more-at-e3-this-year/

I've highlighted my favourites from that small list.

g0ggles1994
07-04-18, 10:14 PM
Microsoft will reportedly have Cyberpunk, Splinter Cell, Anthem and more at E3 this year

https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/microsoft-will-reportedly-have-cyberpunk-splinter-cell-anthem-and-more-at-e3-this-year/

I've highlighted my favourites from that small list.

Cyberpunk 2077? I'm taking that with a bucket of salt.

Dark NighT
07-04-18, 10:37 PM
Cyberpunk 2077? I'm taking that with a bucket of salt.

Apply this to the entire triple A industry :P

g0ggles1994
08-04-18, 10:50 AM
Apply this to the entire triple A industry :P

That's too true. With the exception of 4A Games. If they just keep what made the first two Metro games great then Exodus will be phenomenal

Also, got from /r/AMD. Someone's found a section of the AMD website for Radeon 500X Series. Possible 12nm Polaris to go alongside the 7nm Vega?

https://www.3dcenter.org/dateien/abbildungen/AMD-Radeon-RX-500X-Serie.png

AngryGoldfish
08-04-18, 04:28 PM
That's too true. With the exception of 4A Games. If they just keep what made the first two Metro games great then Exodus will be phenomenal

Also, got from /r/AMD. Someone's found a section of the AMD website for Radeon 500X Series. Possible 12nm Polaris to go alongside the 7nm Vega?

https://www.3dcenter.org/dateien/abbildungen/AMD-Radeon-RX-500X-Serie.png

I'm not sure whether Vega 7nm can be compared to Polaris since Vega 7nm has been confirmed (at least for now) to be purely for the compute market and won't reach gamers, while Polaris is almost strictly for gaming.

Polaris on 12nm doesn't make much sense to me. We can only guess when Nvidia will release their successor to the GTX 1060 and 1050, but when they do I seriously doubt that a higher clocked RX 580, which is just a slightly higher clock 480, will be able to compete. A GTX 2060 (or 1160) will likely be able to match or beat a GTX 1070Ti. An RX 580 is miles away from that even in games that favour AMD. GDDR5X might help boost performance a little more, but not by much. I doubt AMD will use GDDR6 in a midrange product.

AlienALX
09-04-18, 12:59 PM
https://elchapuzasinformatico.com/2018/04/amd-ryzen-5-2600-review/

2600 review.

Dicehunter
09-04-18, 05:43 PM
A feminist journalist is trying to get a developer fired because he tea bagged her IN A VIDEO GAME.

That's when you know feminism has now run its course and should be abolished.

https://www.eteknix.com/game-developer-faces-sack-tea-bagging-journalist/

Apparently tea bagging someone in a game is now -

"an attempted agenda of sexual harassment"

Bartacus
09-04-18, 06:19 PM
LOL! People like this need to be either humiliated into shutting the hell up, or exterminated outright. I'm cool with either. :p

TheF34RChannel
09-04-18, 08:23 PM
Power Stamp Alliance Exposes Ice Lake Xeon Details: LGA4189 and 8-Channel Memory

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12630/power-stamp-alliance-exposes-ice-lake-xeon-details-lga4189-and-8channel-memory?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

g0ggles1994
09-04-18, 08:45 PM
A feminist journalist is trying to get a developer fired because he tea bagged her IN A VIDEO GAME.

lmfao, I agree with the article writer entirely. Yes it was unprofessional when demo-ing a game, but stuff like that is genuinely "part and parcel of online gaming" and has existed for at least 10 years. Just someone making up a fuss over nothing.

In other news, AMD are already working on "Zen 5" allegedly skipping "Zen 4" due to the whole thing about it being unlucky in Chinese culture e.g. OnePlus 3, 3T then 5

https://videocardz.com/75848/amd-already-working-on-zen-5

TheF34RChannel
09-04-18, 09:19 PM

Can I sue people for shooting me in-game then? Oh please can I??

NeverBackDown
09-04-18, 10:16 PM

I would have went back to her and done it again

AlienALX
10-04-18, 08:26 AM
I would have went back to her and done it again

:D me too. I don't think that would have sat very well pmsl.

That's funny. That's really funny. Can't believe she hasn't seen the funny side, and has thrown a strop and refused to talk about it any more.

Greenback
10-04-18, 12:09 PM

What's even funnier, is she admits he thought she was 1 of the other devs, so it wasn't even deliberate

g0ggles1994
10-04-18, 01:38 PM
New BIOS for the X370 GPC (And possibly others, I haven't looked) from MSI. Just a few improvements for RAM, M.2 and Windows 7.

RAM support has improved a bit, didn't get any BSOD's when I ran mine at its rated 3200MHz on the desktop anymore but I got failures when running Prime95 so I guess if I did run anything RAM intensive I would start getting BSOD's again.

I'm going to level out now and say there's no way I'll get my RAM at rated speed flawlessly on this motherboad anymore. I'll probably wait until X570 boards come and double up to 32GB, hopefully by then all the issues with RAM have been ironed out

TheF34RChannel
10-04-18, 09:41 PM
Intel’s Discrete GPU, "Arctic Sound," Will Have Gaming Variant

Via HardOCP:

https://twitter.com/TMFChipFool/status/982054901105782784

AlienALX
11-04-18, 06:35 AM
I heard a rumour they wouldn't be using AMD for long. This is good news though, it's high time Intel made something resembling an actual GPU for once.

WYP
11-04-18, 11:21 AM
Intel’s Discrete GPU, "Arctic Sound," Will Have Gaming Variant

Via HardOCP:

https://twitter.com/TMFChipFool/status/982054901105782784

I heard a rumour they wouldn't be using AMD for long. This is good news though, it's high time Intel made something resembling an actual GPU for once.

Interesting, though Intel's plans to create dedicated GPUs were pretty much confirmed as soon as they took on Raja Koduri.

Intel hates how for Nvidia has pushed GPUs into the enterprise market, especially with all of their ray tracing stuff in recent months.

The simple fact of the matter is that Intel needs to reassert their dominance in the enterprise market and they need to combat AMD's APUs now more than ever since the introduction of Ryzen.

Intel can't afford to ignore the GPU market for much longer, though catching up to AMD and Nvidia will not be easy, even with Raja and an undoubtedly huge R&D budget.

AlienALX
11-04-18, 11:23 AM
Well they have literally got to orgasm several times and then pulled out. Mostly because they knew they were throwing money at something completely miles away from what it needed to be.

I hope Raja gets them sorted. It is high time they had a decent GPU, even if it's to bolt to CPUs. At least then gaming would be possible, properly, with just an Intel CPU.

tinytomlogan
11-04-18, 11:39 AM
If Intel can compete in the GPU Market it will finally mean Nvidia stops stalling

WYP
11-04-18, 12:04 PM
If Intel can compete in the GPU Market it will finally mean Nvidia stops stalling

Yeah, we need something to push Nvidia so that they can get on with it. Pascal is almost two years old.

AMD is rumoured to be working on a new graphics architecture to succeed GCN, which is seemingly what Raja was working on at AMD since the formation of RTG. AMD hasn't spoken about anything post-Navi, aside from calling it "Next-Gen"

The GPU market is moving at a snail's pace ATM.

I really do hope that Intel will have something good up their sleeve, to at least get Nvidia to work for their money.

tannji
11-04-18, 02:27 PM
This would be the major event that would set the table for Nvidia buying AMD, as rumored for years, incorrectly as it turns out. Not saying it is happening, but it would create a scenario not limited by monopoly concerns. Still have the limitations of x86 licensing agreements and potential lawsuits though.

TheF34RChannel
11-04-18, 07:58 PM

I'll take that, yes. They'll need to buy some experience in the form of peptic they want to be competitive.

NeverBackDown
11-04-18, 08:04 PM
Intel can barely do software right. I wouldn't expect them to do well on the software side if they tried to enter the hardware market

AlienALX
11-04-18, 08:07 PM
Intel can barely do software right. I wouldn't expect them to do well on the software side if they tried to enter the hardware market

I think they will basically buy a team tbh. I mean they must have bought Raja, let's face it.

I also don't think they will compete with Nvidia either. I think their goal is to basically cut out all of the middlemen, not compete on the big stage.

Could be wrong though.

TheF34RChannel
11-04-18, 08:19 PM
I think they will basically buy a team tbh. I mean they must have bought Raja, let's face it.

I also don't think they will compete with Nvidia either. I think their goal is to basically cut out all of the middlemen, not compete on the big stage.

Could be wrong though.

I hope that you are wrong; having a third, competitive player in that market would be most welcome and much needed IMHO.

And yeah, they'll buy a team, that what I meant earlier.

AlienALX
11-04-18, 08:39 PM
I hope that you are wrong; having a third, competitive player in that market would be most welcome and much needed IMHO.

And yeah, they'll buy a team, that what I meant earlier.

The thing is they would literally need the money to buy Nvidia to beat Nvidia. Every GPU they have developed and then cancelled was cancelled because they were crap.

I reckon they are just doing this for something middle of the range so they can get things like Apple contracts back, and get out of bed with the enemy. If I have learned one thing from Intel's actions over the years it must be like getting sodomised having to buy from AMD. They won't like it, not one bit. This is the company who got annoyed at Nvidia's arrogance and then told them to whistle for sockets... It must hurt them real bad. Every action they have taken over the years has been deliberately done to smear AMD as a company.

So yeah, decent onboard, possibly something to sell to Apple if Apple stay with Intel. I heard they were not, but I don't know what context in which to take that. Is it in the "We will use AMD instead", or, "We are brave enough to start making our own CPUs again". I have not researched it because I am not the biggest fan (oh, and I sold my Macbook Air too).

TheF34RChannel
13-04-18, 08:15 PM
Intel Core i7-8086K 40th Anniversary Edition

Launch Date: June 8, 2018
SKU: "Intel Core i7-8086K 40th Anniversary Edition"
Specs: 8th Gen (CFL), 6C/12T, 5 GHz Turbo, unlocked.

https://mobile.twitter.com/david_schor/status/953979794437410816

I don't know... Maybe...?

TheF34RChannel
14-04-18, 05:55 PM
A new BioShock game is reportedly in the works at a 'top-secret' 2K studio

https://www.pcgamer.com/a-new-bioshock-game-is-reportedly-in-the-works-at-a-top-secret-2k-studio/

Yes please!

AngryGoldfish
15-04-18, 01:13 PM
A new BioShock game is reportedly in the works at a 'top-secret' 2K studio

https://www.pcgamer.com/a-new-bioshock-game-is-reportedly-in-the-works-at-a-top-secret-2k-studio/

Yes please!

I'm really curious to see where else they can take the concept. Space? An underground maze?

AlienALX
15-04-18, 01:16 PM
Doesn't really matter, so long as there's enough ammo.

TheF34RChannel
15-04-18, 07:21 PM
I'm really curious to see where else they can take the concept. Space? An underground maze?

Anything but a reboot

AngryGoldfish
15-04-18, 07:22 PM
Anything but a reboot

Yeah, I have no interest in a reboot. They'd be taking one of the coolest ideas ever (like, even compared to books, comics, films, etc) and turning it rehashing it to make money the 'easy' way.

AlienALX
15-04-18, 07:36 PM
The only thing I didn't like about Infinite was not being able to explore the buildings. I wish you could, as it felt like I was walking through cardboard cutouts with nothing behind them.

AngryGoldfish
15-04-18, 08:12 PM
The only thing I didn't like about Infinite was not being able to explore the buildings. I wish you could, as it felt like I was walking through cardboard cutouts with nothing behind them.

Bioshock Infinite was a huge let down. It was a fantastic game, yet was still a massive let down. The promotion for it promised far too much and delivered only a section of it.

TheF34RChannel
15-04-18, 08:21 PM
Well said guys! It was exactly that. This, if it's real to begin with, needs to be better. I wouldn't even mind being under the water again, the feeling of being all alone down there (the only sane one anyway) was great.

AngryGoldfish
15-04-18, 08:25 PM
Well said guys! It was exactly that. This, if it's real to begin with, needs to be better. I wouldn't even mind being under the water again, the feeling of being all alone down there (the only sane one anyway) was great.

I love that the games were very different in so many ways but still had similar themes running through them and parallels. I'd love to see a truly new world with a very different vibe once again, but with the universe's same unique tropes and styles...

... just don't present something you can't deliver.

TheF34RChannel
15-04-18, 08:26 PM
I love that the games were very different in so many ways but still had similar themes running through them and parallels. I'd love to see a truly new world with a very different vibe once again, but with the universe's same unique tropes and styles...

... just don't present something you can't deliver.

Plenty of parallel universes were teased... ;)

TheF34RChannel
16-04-18, 05:41 AM
Regarding the earlier 'Intel Rumored to Release i7-8086K to Celebrate 40 Years of the x86 CPU', I'm still skeptical. It may look legit but easy to fake, and a 5 GHz boost but unlocked looks suspicious to me.

https://images.hardocp.com/images/news/1523822037zltj9o3h67_1_1.jpg

https://www.pcgamesn.com/sites/default/files/Intel%20Core%20i7%208086K%20Anniversary%20Edition. jpg

https://www.pcgamesn.com/intel/intel-14nm-coffee-lake-release-date

AlienALX
16-04-18, 10:12 AM
That will be 5ghz on one core though.

TheF34RChannel
16-04-18, 08:30 PM
That will be 5ghz on one core though.

Naturally. Still seems too high to me since it being unlocked won't bring much, of anything, to the able in that case.

NeverBackDown
17-04-18, 04:49 AM
Thought this was interesting

Intel and MS team up to increase security against malware bytes using the GPU instead of the CPU to scan system memory to help ease CPU load since the GPU is usually not under load.

Source (https://www.google.com/amp/s/arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/04/intel-microsoft-to-use-gpu-to-scan-memory-for-malware/%3famp=1#ampshare=https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/04/intel-microsoft-to-use-gpu-to-scan-memory-for-malware/)

g0ggles1994
17-04-18, 10:10 AM
AMD wins PCR's Company of the year award and is now sponsoring Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team again (Webpage is only in italian but a quick pasting into Google Translate will sort it. )

https://www.nbmevents.uk/pcrawards_2018/winners2018
http://formula1.ferrari.com/it/partner/amd/

One thing that made me laugh is that GAME got retailer of the year. I can't think of anyone else who would even be in line for that award

Dicehunter
17-04-18, 01:21 PM
AMD Z490 Chipset incoming -

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-might-be-working-on-z490-chipset-would-get-more-and-faster-pcie-lanes.html

http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?ct=news&action=file&id=26920

AlienALX
17-04-18, 01:22 PM
AMD wins PCR's Company of the year award and is now sponsoring Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team again (Webpage is only in italian but a quick pasting into Google Translate will sort it. )

https://www.nbmevents.uk/pcrawards_2018/winners2018
http://formula1.ferrari.com/it/partner/amd/

One thing that made me laugh is that GAME got retailer of the year. I can't think of anyone else who would even be in line for that award

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/04/16/amd_ceo_f1/

lmfao. Poor woman !

g0ggles1994
17-04-18, 01:28 PM
AMD Z490 Chipset incoming -

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-might-be-working-on-z490-chipset-would-get-more-and-faster-pcie-lanes.html

http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?ct=news&action=file&id=26920

Hmmmmm, if this is legit, I really don't see the need to call it Z490 instead X470 unless they're taking the total p**s out of Intel.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/04/16/amd_ceo_f1/

lmfao. Poor woman !

It's Martin Brundle, not surprising really :lol:

Warchild
17-04-18, 01:39 PM
Hmmmmm, if this is legit, I really don't see the need to call it Z490 instead X470 unless they're taking the total p**s out of Intel.

It's Martin Brundle, not surprising really :lol:

Well back in the day it was Martin Brundle with the common sense and awareness, leaving Murray Walker as the complete Numpty getting things wrong.

AngryGoldfish
17-04-18, 02:03 PM
Maybe X490 is for the 2800X?

Warchild
17-04-18, 02:38 PM
Maybe X490 is for the 2800X?

I think the same,

Adopting Z for mainstream and X for enthusiast high end.

Dicehunter
17-04-18, 03:29 PM
The FTC And EU Commission Investigating NVIDIA's GPP?

NS9uv6aJf8c

g0ggles1994
17-04-18, 04:20 PM
The FTC And EU Commission Investigating NVIDIA's GPP?

Please, please, please, please.

As much as I dislike the EU in a lot of ways. I do like the EU courts on big business. I'd love to see them haul Nvidia in the dock about this

*EDIT*

Sort of press release from AMD/RTG. AIBs are set to launch in the next few weeks.

https://gaming.radeon.com/en/radeon-a-gamers-choice/

AMD might be playing Nvidia at their own game I reckon
One thing that someone on reddit pointed out, the way it's been worded "Real Partnerships" is a clear shots fired at Nvidia

AlienALX
17-04-18, 05:29 PM
I cannot stand that guy any more. It's very hard for me not to swear because of my autism. I am like a magnet.. Any way, he just swears for the sake of it. Tosser.

trawetSluaP
17-04-18, 08:20 PM
Please do not knock the Brundel!

Dicehunter
17-04-18, 08:26 PM
Friend of mine just sent this to me so take it with a grain of salt but apparently this is from a review of the 1700 vs 2700X both clocked to 4GHz, Quite possible it's real.

https://i.imgur.com/0LgTuha.png

TheF34RChannel
17-04-18, 08:31 PM
Friend of mine just sent this to me so take it with a grain of salt but apparently this is from a review of the 1700 vs 2700X both clocked to 4GHz, Quite possible it's real.

https://i.imgur.com/0LgTuha.png

Looks logical and thus legit, nice post dice!

AngryGoldfish
17-04-18, 08:33 PM
WCCFTECH reported on that review. Gaming benchmarks gains seem to be "thanks to lower cache and memory latency."

NeverBackDown
17-04-18, 09:10 PM
WCCFTECH reported on that review. Gaming benchmarks gains seem to be "thanks to lower cache and memory latency."

cache and memory latency are pretty important for everything so yeah it would help quite a bit. More consistently high clocks under load is also a factor into the increased performance.

looz
17-04-18, 09:57 PM
That's awesome to see. I guess the XFR clock (it was 4.4, right?) is more or less the maximum OC like with current Ryzens, so basically a 20% bump in gaming overall.

AlienALX
17-04-18, 10:12 PM
Yeah that certainly looks to be within the realm of truth. Good numbers if they are true for sure.

Dicehunter
19-04-18, 07:03 PM
Free game on humble, Satellite Reign

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/satellite-reign?linkID=&mcID=102:5ad7e73abfb829e131488766:ot:56e78f7473346 2ca89937da5:1&utm_source=Humble+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2018_04_19_satellitereign_storefront&utm_content=Banner

6HsNWPTjA1s

TheF34RChannel
20-04-18, 08:55 PM
Intel boasts of an FPGA chip capable of 10 TFLOPS

In a newsroom post a few hours ago Intel boasted of a new chip on the block that is capable of 10 TFLOPS. The Intel Stratix 10 FPGA can perform 10 trillion floating point operations per second, claims the chipmaker, and it is “the fastest chip of its kind in the world”.

https://hexus.net/media/uploaded/2018/4/421b2890-47bc-4476-b298-6251890922f6.jpg

https://m.hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/117380-intel-boasts-fpga-chip-capable-10-tflops/

Dicehunter
20-04-18, 09:22 PM
The Witcher Enhanced Edition free on GOG

https://www.gog.com/gwent-welcome-bonus

Greenback
20-04-18, 09:37 PM

Why is it when there are free games I already have them, somebody checking my PC?

TheF34RChannel
20-04-18, 09:39 PM
Why is it when there are free games I already have them, somebody checking my PC?

Yeah I know the feeling!

WYP
20-04-18, 10:35 PM

Nice! Great chance to catch up on this with a few texture mods.

TheF34RChannel
21-04-18, 09:34 PM
EK Fluid pre-built fully liquid cooled Gaming PCs announced

The gaming-tuned systems will be configurable online and start at US$2099. These systems will only be available in the US, for the time being.

https://hexus.net/media/uploaded/2018/4/9d0ba6c1-bc4b-4ba1-80ce-ad284bb3e306.jpg

https://m.hexus.net/tech/news/systems/117449-ek-fluid-pre-built-fully-liquid-cooled-gaming-pcs-announced/

- more options than shown are available of course.

Way too expensive for what you get in the box.

An EU based company only selling in the US...okay...

AngryGoldfish
22-04-18, 01:24 PM
EK Fluid pre-built fully liquid cooled Gaming PCs announced

https://hexus.net/media/uploaded/2018/4/9d0ba6c1-bc4b-4ba1-80ce-ad284bb3e306.jpg

https://m.hexus.net/tech/news/systems/117449-ek-fluid-pre-built-fully-liquid-cooled-gaming-pcs-announced/

- more options than shown are available of course.

Way too expensive for what you get in the box.

An EU based company only selling in the US...okay...

Might be because of some legalities they can't get around in the EU?

AlienALX
23-04-18, 09:03 AM
https://hothardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-7-2800x-8-core-intel-coffee-lake-s

That's news here right? apparently AMD are saving the 2800x to compete with Intel's forthcoming 8 core.

Dicehunter
23-04-18, 11:12 AM
Apparently when Nvidia launch their new GPU around summer they are also revamping the Nvidia control panel -

https://i.imgur.com/2HhrK11.jpg

Source - https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/8e6msn/friend_who_works_at_nvidia_just_sent_me_this/

AlienALX
23-04-18, 11:45 AM
haha it's only taken them about 15 years :D

Warchild
23-04-18, 11:55 AM
haha it's only taken them about 15 years :D

Well, has it really been a necessity? I don't see the point of it. Unless they add their own Overclocking feature, I'll continue to get all this data from afterburner and realtemp.

Seems like bloatware features to me, thrown in to try and further sell their new GPU. The OC presets there look a little weak. We want more control.

WYP
23-04-18, 01:30 PM
Apparently when Nvidia launch their new GPU around summer they are also revamping the Nvidia control panel -

https://i.imgur.com/2HhrK11.jpg

Source - https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/8e6msn/friend_who_works_at_nvidia_just_sent_me_this/

Massive grains of salt here, as the Titan V cannot be used in SLI and the Ryzen CPU is used with 4200MHz memory and the clocks of the CPU are read as 4.2GHz (it is rare for non-CPU monitoring utilities to read exact clocks (they usually just say the stock clocks))

Dicehunter
23-04-18, 05:13 PM
Massive grains of salt here, as the Titan V cannot be used in SLI and the Ryzen CPU is used with 4200MHz memory and the clocks of the CPU are read as 4.2GHz (it is rare for non-CPU monitoring utilities to read exact clocks (they usually just say the stock clocks))

All good points but it would be nice to have a more up to date looking control panel, AMD did wonders with theirs, Nvidia are well overdue an overhaul.

WYP
23-04-18, 06:40 PM
All good points but it would be nice to have a more up to date looking control panel, AMD did wonders with theirs, Nvidia are well overdue an overhaul.

I agree with you there. After seeing you post that I got a little excited. It would have meant that AMD actually forced Nvidia to make a positive change.

While Nvidia doesn't really need to change their UI, it would be nice to see them putting a little more effort in.

Dark NighT
23-04-18, 06:57 PM
I agree with you there. After seeing you post that I got a little excited. It would have meant that AMD actually forced Nvidia to make a positive change.

While Nvidia doesn't really need to change their UI, it would be nice to see them putting a little more effort in.

Or atleast put some quality of life in there, changing settings and adding programs often makes it freeze for seconds and that really needs some attention.

looz
23-04-18, 07:00 PM
All good points but it would be nice to have a more up to date looking control panel, AMD did wonders with theirs, Nvidia are well overdue an overhaul.I quite like the current panel except for the long loading time of game profiles. It's functional, I don't care for a modern UI. More trouble than its worth most of the time, and really inefficient space wise.

That supposed leak would be dreadful.

Dicehunter
23-04-18, 09:40 PM

I know it's probably foobar considering as you mentioned it's showing the 2700X at 4.20GHz, Unless it does actually show overclocks, It's also showing 4200MHz memory which could be hit or miss with Ryzen 2 and Titan V does not support SLI as you mentioned due to the fingers just physically not being there, Unless Nvidia have enabled SLI over the PCI-E interface like AMD did with Crossfire ?

It would be great if Nvidia did bring out a new updated UI though, Changing settings and waiting a sec for the control panel to unfreeze is annoying especially when you have a lot of game specific profiles.

I quite like the current panel except for the long loading time of game profiles. It's functional, I don't care for a modern UI. More trouble than its worth most of the time, and really inefficient space wise.

That supposed leak would be dreadful.

Maybe they could make it so people who prefer the older interface simply uncheck something during installation or once installed simply change the theme in the options ?

Warchild
24-04-18, 08:14 AM
Nintendo Switch users might be concerned about this.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/04/23/nintendo_switch_nvidia_tegra_boot_rom_flaw/

Unpatchable flaw in Nvidia Tegra chip allows users to run custom code and hack into devices.
Essentially, Fusée Gelée exploits a vulnerability during a Switch's startup to commandeer the gadget and execute unofficial software.

I guess many would see it as an opportunity to run roms etc, but it could be risky what unauthorised software runs.

AlienALX
24-04-18, 10:11 AM

Nvidia's effort has gone into things like Fast Sync and Adaptive Vsync and so on. IE better drivers. I can do without the looks, given how little I look at it tbh.

NeverBackDown
24-04-18, 06:14 PM
Xbox Live and Discord are partnering up. Bringing console and PC gamers together.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/04/24/microsoft-discord-team-connect-gamers-across-xbox-live-discord/

WYP
24-04-18, 08:13 PM
Xbox Live and Discord are partnering up. Bringing console and PC gamers together.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/04/24/microsoft-discord-team-connect-gamers-across-xbox-live-discord/

Wow, now this is big!

- update - Wait, it isn't combining the chats :(

g0ggles1994
24-04-18, 08:25 PM
Nintendo Switch users might be concerned about this.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/04/23/nintendo_switch_nvidia_tegra_boot_rom_flaw/

Unpatchable flaw in Nvidia Tegra chip allows users to run custom code and hack into devices.
Essentially, Fusée Gelée exploits a vulnerability during a Switch's startup to commandeer the gadget and execute unofficial software.

I guess many would see it as an opportunity to run roms etc, but it could be risky what unauthorised software runs.

Requires USB to use the exploit via cold boot, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

It'll evolve into running Homebrew on it which will lead to people dumping the game cards, distributing them and running them. Like what happened with the Wii.

TheF34RChannel
24-04-18, 09:34 PM
Intel Crimson Canyon NUC to Feature Cannon Lake-U CPU and Radeon 500 Graphics

https://www.techpowerup.com/243597/intel-crimson-canyon-nuc-to-feature-cannon-lake-u-cpu-and-radeon-500-graphics

looz
25-04-18, 11:28 AM
Cheapest way of getting hold of a RX 500 series GPU. :lol:

TheF34RChannel
25-04-18, 02:55 PM
Taiwan graphic card makers to see shipments plunge 40% in April

Taiwan-based graphics card makers including Gigabyte Technology, Micro-Star International (MSI) and TUL are expected to see their shipments for April plunge over 40% on month, as many clients have suspended taking shipments in response to drastic slowdown in demand for cryptocurrency mining machines, according to industry sources.

https://www.digitimes.com/news/a20180425PD205.html

TheF34RChannel
25-04-18, 10:23 PM
Intel confirms Z390 & X399 chipsets

The Z390 and the rest of 300-series chipsets will support Coffee Lake (CFL) and Cannon Lake (CNL) CPUs, according to Intel document.

The document also revealed Cannon Lake and Coffee Lake series (HEDT) designed for X399 chipset. Intel was expected to skip this codename as it was already taken by AMD for the first-generation Threadripper.

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-confirms-z390-x399-chipsets

TheF34RChannel
26-04-18, 07:30 AM
If you can't beat them, join them: former AMD Zen designer Jim Keller Leaves Tesla for Intel

https://www.pcper.com/news/Editorial/Jim-Keller-Leaves-Tesla-Intel

TheF34RChannel
26-04-18, 07:51 AM
Cyberpunk 2077 will be an FPS – new information leaked

https://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1758

WYP
26-04-18, 08:30 AM
Cyberpunk 2077 will be an FPS – new information leaked

https://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1758

Ooo, interesting. Can't wait to see the game at E3.

AlienALX
26-04-18, 08:57 AM
It's crazy man. I really thought this year was going to suck all balls and wasn't looking forward to anything, and already I've played at least three games I really like.

I suppose I should stick to my own rules sometimes about expectation, IE "Expect nothing and you will be pleasantly surprised". It's when I am expecting big games and they let me down that I get the rats with PC gaming.

Warchild
26-04-18, 09:03 AM
Seems many are on the fence about an FPP view open world. Not because it doesnt work (FA4, skyrim prove otherwise) but because they want to see another Geralt 3rd person view.

TheF34RChannel
26-04-18, 10:15 AM
Ooo, interesting. Can't wait to see the game at E3.

I'm not wanting a dedicated FPS for this game, maybe a mixture of that and 3rd person? We'll see...

AngryGoldfish
26-04-18, 04:13 PM
I expected an FPS. I thought it would be a Deus Ex-inspired FPS without the stealth but with the massive world and immense amount of content.

TheF34RChannel
26-04-18, 08:04 PM
Real Time Graphics are Progressing Nicely (https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/04/26/real_time_graphics_are_progressing_nicely)

Objective//

What happens when you ignore performance, memory, technical limitations and purely focus on getting it right? Would you still produce roughly the same results? Would you be able to get closer to photo realism? Knowing that the movie industry has managed to fool us more than once by creating realistic images, what would it take for games to look and feel the same?

https://overview.artbyrens.com

DhXjgaDFUHw

NeverBackDown
26-04-18, 08:39 PM
Real Time Graphics are Progressing Nicely (https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/04/26/real_time_graphics_are_progressing_nicely)

DhXjgaDFUHw

That's f'ing insane.

TheF34RChannel
26-04-18, 08:59 PM
That's f'ing insane.

Yeah isn't it! I wonder what he's running.*

Updated the original post with a quote and a link to the artist's site.

*My setup:

Dual 1080TI in SLI
(using single gpu for real time work)

Intel Core i7 5960X
Asus X99-E WS
Corsair 64GB DDR4 2400MHz

Acer 28" Predator XB281HK G-Sync 4K

Dicehunter
27-04-18, 12:23 AM
3 days old but still news ^_^

Half-Life 2 in Unreal Engine 4

4ClHM4ZAyrA

Tolemac
27-04-18, 04:39 AM
Sinclair designer dies in the US :( The ZX81 was my 1st PC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43907248

Dicehunter
27-04-18, 01:53 PM
One of my all time favourite tech peeps, Elric Phares, Has just been diagnosed with Parkinsons :(

tbm0-xJmb94

AlienALX
27-04-18, 03:00 PM
I don't like him. I think he is rude, brash, and annoying. However, that does suck. I wouldn't wish that on any one.

AngryGoldfish
27-04-18, 09:16 PM
One of my all time favourite tech peeps, Elric Phares, Has just been diagnosed with Parkinsons :(

tbm0-xJmb94

Ahh, I'm sorry to hear that. I always noticed the shakes he had, but I have bad shakes because of nerves, not because of early onset of Parkinson's. The guy's had it rough with his physical health.

Bartacus
27-04-18, 09:35 PM
Yeah that sucks. I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but he's had it rough. Amputated feet, and a ton of other issues. Very sad. :(

TheF34RChannel
28-04-18, 06:57 AM
Intel Ocean Cove could be the next new Intel CPU core code name

...the new code name from the big blue chip giant is Intel Ocean Cove. Or might be. We’re not sure, but in a job listing spotted by Sweclockers Intel are chasing up a new senior CPU microarchitect to “join the Ocean Cove team to deliver the next generation core design.”

Intel have today completely ripped out the section which references Ocean Cove from the Intel have today completely ripped out the section which references Ocean Cove from the listing, along with their stated goal of creating a “revolutionary microprocessor core to power the next decade of computing.”https://www.pcgamesn.com/sites/default/files/Intel%20Ocean%20Cove%20job.jpg

https://www.pcgamesn.com/intel-ocean-cove-code-name

========================================

Pers. comm.: Sapphire Rapids and then Ocean Cove (I'm going to call it Sea Hole) could be the first in line where we will actually see improvements as they presumably ditch the Core design with those. I hope to hold out until either of those is released.

AlienALX
28-04-18, 09:33 AM
Yeah that sucks. I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but he's had it rough. Amputated feet, and a ton of other issues. Very sad. :(

I didn't know that either. I used to watch him years ago. Like, years ago. Then he had a run in with some guy who he used to do the channel with and they went separate ways and he just bitched and whined about it every time I watched him. And he swears, a lot. Which at first I thought was cool, then realised as it's Youtube kids are probably watching him.

Then recently I watched him and he was launching this scathing attack on AMD like he was entitled and was shouting and swearing loads.

Thing is? I think he has taken his illness out on his audience. He just seems to rant and rave all of the time about something.

Personally if that were me in that position I would stop the YT stuff. There comes a time in your life where you need to do what is right for you.

g0ggles1994
28-04-18, 02:30 PM
AMD Lists Ryzen 2500X/2800U and ThreadRipper 2900X/2920X/2950X ready for ‘mass market’

Also listed are Ryzen 2100, 2300X, 2000U and 2600U

https://videocardz.com/76064/amd-lists-ryzen-2100-2300x-2500x-and-2800u-ready-for-mass-market

TheF34RChannel
29-04-18, 07:13 AM
DRAM Manufacturers Slapped with Lawsuit over Supply Collusion, Price Gouging

A new class action lawsuit filed by law firm Hagens Berman alleges that Samsung, Hynix, and Micron have "conspired to artificially limit the supply of DRAM chips in an effort to keep prices high."

https://m.hardocp.com

TheF34RChannel
29-04-18, 07:36 PM
AMDs Chris Hook joins Intel, leading marketing for visual and dGFX

Chris is going to lead marketing for visual technologies and dGFX products at Intel. To our knowledge, he will be the first discrete graphics marketing person at Intel. Yes, Intel is making discrete graphics products and we have reported about that but this might take some time.

I know, awful source but I wouldn't use it if I didn't think it had merit:

https://fudzilla.com/news/graphics/46171-chris-hook-joins-intel

Is this all part of Lisa's long term strategy plan (NBC interview - lol that was a laugh that one*).

*I have nothing against AMD, I do, however, against bull stories ;)

TheF34RChannel
29-04-18, 07:41 PM
Watch Dogs 3: release date, setting

Ubisoft have confirmed Watch Dogs 3 is in production.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/watch-dogs-3/watch-dogs-3-release-date-setting-factions-weapons

TheF34RChannel
01-05-18, 08:12 PM
Firefox goes open sores

Targeted advertising is all the rage right now and now FireFox wants in on the (class) action. Starting with Firefox 60 sponsored content will start showing in your browser, though perhaps not the Pocket variety which is very easy to disable. The reason is that Mozilla needs revenue, which is not flowing in great enough quantities from other streams, and they claim the ads will be "Worthy of your time. Not just clicks."; whatever that might mean.

https://www.pcper.com/news/General-Tech/Firefox-goes-open-sores

I sincerely hope that you can disable it easily. I like Firefox and am an avid user.

NeverBackDown
01-05-18, 08:31 PM
Firefox goes open sores

https://www.pcper.com/news/General-Tech/Firefox-goes-open-sores

I sincerely hope that you can disable it easily. I like Firefox and am an avid user.

Well you can blame Google for having a vice grip on the market.

TheF34RChannel
01-05-18, 08:53 PM
Well you can blame Google for having a vice grip on the market.

Yeah... I remember Google coming online, being small and insignificant, way below Yahoo and what not. It was here anyway.

Anyway, I may have to look for an add blocker but I don't want to stab sites like this one in the back.

Dark NighT
01-05-18, 11:18 PM
Just whitelist OC3D like i always do on adblock+ and noscript

NeverBackDown
02-05-18, 12:33 AM
Just be careful. There are a ton of malicious fakes claiming to be the original adblock.