Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Mainboard & CPU

Old 23-04-07, 05:06 PM
Advanced Member

Dfi 965s

anyone seen one in UK yet?

it looks like a solid 500FSB board, and cheap?

interested........

Old 23-04-07, 05:23 PM
OC3D Elite

2nd of may in theory. Im waiting for this too. Looks like a fantastic board.

100% solid caps
Old 23-04-07, 06:14 PM
Advanced Member

if the price is right(below Commando price) i'll be VERY VERY interested.

together with new ATi GFX, mucho cheapo C2D, i'll be broke again!

LOL
Old 23-04-07, 09:36 PM

hey guys i have been playing with this board for a few days now and its rather impressive for the price, ive got this and the quadgt and have used about 4 other 965 boards and i must say the quadgt ranks as the highest as far as stability and over all reliability goes

the 965 has a thin pcb and flexes very easy so be careful when setting it up, and phase users it is a tight fit with the caps all around the cpu area

the one thing i can give it is it oc's very nicely, stock MCH volts up to about 500fsb or so and a bumb up from that for 525 which is the highest ive gone so far

alot of ram options and the such and plenty of volts for ocing, and its a relatively quick board due to running on the 1066 strap, just a tad slower really then my quadgt
Old 23-04-07, 09:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='MADMAX22'
hey guys i have been playing with this board for a few days now and its rather impressive for the price, ive got this and the quadgt and have used about 4 other 965 boards and i must say the quadgt ranks as the highest as far as stability and over all reliability goes

the 965 has a thin pcb and flexes very easy so be careful when setting it up, and phase users it is a tight fit with the caps all around the cpu area

the one thing i can give it is it oc's very nicely, stock MCH volts up to about 500fsb or so and a bumb up from that for 525 which is the highest ive gone so far

alot of ram options and the such and plenty of volts for ocing, and its a relatively quick board due to running on the 1066 strap, just a tad slower really then my quadgt
thanks!

did you notice any heat issue with this board?

from the looks of it, DFI seems to be confidence enough to have a 'hook' fitting heatsink on the NB, and nothing on the mofset, even tho theres holes fittings for them.
Old 23-04-07, 10:29 PM

none so far, i am going to order some heat sincs to stick to the pwm's as they should really have something on there, just some vga ram sincs will do nicely

the NB cooler is alctually a rather nice cooler considering, its big and heavy and tends to draw heat away rather well, i took it off and cleaned off the old contact stuff and used some as5, gonna lap it this weekend and should help with temps some more

i average around 32c on the NB, full load gets me to about 37, this is with VMCH 1.29 which will handle up atleast 500fsb running 1:1 ram, i had it up to 525 fsb with this voltage
Old 23-04-07, 10:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Interesting mate. How is the QuadGT for overclocking Just as good?

Im a bit bias towards DFI tbh, my last infinity was awesome but if the quadGT is better...
Old 23-04-07, 11:07 PM
Advanced Member

I am ordering a DFI 965P-S as soon as newegg gets them back in stock

AMD Phenom II X3 720BE (4th Core Unlocked) @ 3.2ghz

2gb Ram Not name brand

2x80gb HD's

1x320gb HD

1x500gb HD

Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H

XFX GTS 250 1gb 738mhz

Rosewill 550watt PSU 73% Efficiency
Old 23-04-07, 11:22 PM

to HAM, the quadgt is a great board IMO, the only thing is its hard to oc your ram on that board other then 1:1 which works great and the VMCH has to be really high for the fsb, to pull 500 on the quadgt i ran 1.55 to 1.6 vmch, and the vtt has to be run up there also

but the board is very stable and fast, they finally got some bios fixes out for the board which was its big downfall when it came out, i like mine and wont get rid of it, i jsut wanted to try this dfi out for a while

ive gotten my quadgt up to 525 fsb with stock NB cooling, ive scene people get as high as 550 give or take a few
Old 24-04-07, 12:39 AM

These DFI boards are very cheap

I'm planning to get one. But I live in the US hehe prices here are $140 USD