Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 18-02-07, 02:16 AM
OC3D Crew

Fanatic Headshot mouse worth it?

This mouse is over 4000dpi, its oversized to relax your whole hand, has inserts for small and big hands. and comes with its own mouse pad, which has a stand so your cord will not get in the way. h/e it comes at a price of 99 dollars....

Here

Old 18-02-07, 02:25 AM

its kinda.......average tbh, it looks tacky lol, to me the only people that will buy it are sourcers because of the title
Old 18-02-07, 11:06 AM
OC3D Elite

TBH

it looks like one of those play irons

its not worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Jim'
Is it wrong that I'm enjoying this
-----------------------------------------------------------

Old 18-02-07, 11:15 AM
OC3D Elite

There are pro gamers still dishing out the pwnage with 800dpi intellimouse explorers - XMS included.

Mouse manufacturers are just upping the DPI + using more lasers because it is easier than breaking the mould (so to speak) and actually making mice more usable. I was looking at making my own mouse shell and sticking the optics out of a standard microsoft mouse in it but the price the type of raw rubber i wanted to use put me off.

Old 18-02-07, 11:28 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='llwyd'
There are pro gamers still dishing out the pwnage with 800dpi intellimouse explorers - XMS included.

Mouse manufacturers are just upping the DPI + using more lasers because it is easier than breaking the mould (so to speak) and actually making mice more usable. I was looking at making my own mouse shell and sticking the optics out of a standard microsoft mouse in it but the price the type of raw rubber i wanted to use put me off.
Agreed. DPI is just a marketing ploy imo. The BEST mouse I ever used was an original Intellimouse Explorer Wireless. It completely goes against what everyone will tell you makes a good mouse today (wired, high DPI, etc) but it worked better than anything else for me.

I've used a Copperhead, Diamondback & G5 - but nothing comes close to the 800dpi intellimouse I'm using atm.
Old 18-02-07, 06:25 PM
OC3D Elite

I went from a cheapo mouse to my Fatal1ty mouse and i could deffinately tell the difference. The difference in weight alone (without those extra ones) made me alot better and the skids on it made it like gliding on ice. A gamer mouse and a cheapo deffinately have some difference (better for the gamer mouse) but for browsing it makes no difference really.
Old 18-02-07, 07:30 PM
OC3D Elite

It looks a bit wierd

But as llwyd and XMS said it is a bit of a marketing ploy.

I remember my first 'gaming' mouse was a Razer Boomslang 1000 ltd ed (1 of the first 1000 came in display tin etc), it was pretty cool in the way it was shaped/designed, 1000dpi on a ball mouse!! . But it broke after a while.

I've had loads of mice and I liked the intellimouse explorer v2 (think was v2) & also my MX-500 was pretty nice. I've now got a diamondback which I've had for a few years, 1600dpi is plenty really.

I think people who buy fatal1ty stuff are quite funny aswell reminds me of the pro-gamer wannabe kids on quake3+cs.

Mice are a bit wierd tho, personal preference really. There are some really wierd looking mice which don't really look ergonomic at all.

What's going on with that mouse's cable? reminds me of a telephone.

Also it says it's 2000dpi native ?

Quote:
Up to 4,000 dpi (2,000 native) resolution

i5-2500K @ 4.8Ghz | 8G DDR3 | P8Z68-V GEN3 | Archlinux | Win7
Old 18-02-07, 07:56 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to WC Annihilus Send a message via MSN to WC Annihilus
My guess is that it just means that default dpi is 2000

MSI P55-GD65

3x Kingston X25-V RAID0

2x Evga 9600GT SSC SLI

G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB DDR3-1600

Corsair VX550w, Ghettoed Antec Super Lanboy

Old 18-02-07, 09:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='equk'
I've had loads of mice and I liked the intellimouse explorer v2 (think was v2) & also my MX-500 was pretty nice. I've now got a diamondback which I've had for a few years, 1600dpi is plenty really.

Mice are a bit wierd tho, personal preference really. There are some really wierd looking mice which don't really look ergonomic at all.

What's going on with that mouse's cable? reminds me of a telephone.

Also it says it's 2000dpi native ?
Yeah the diamondback seems fine, I don't believe that a higher dpi will help me shoot better! It fits my hand quite well, except for the sidebuttons....

That cable on that mouse would get really annoyin, I'd feel it pulling all the time. It would be interesting to have a mouse u could put into different shaped moulds to fit your hand - COPYRIGHT JIFFZ
Old 18-02-07, 09:41 PM
OC3D Elite

I love my G5 and am so glad I bought it.