Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 11-02-07, 11:09 AM
OC3D Elite

counter strike going to be europe wide banned?

The eu is considering banning violent games , especially counter strike , what do you think?

Old 11-02-07, 11:13 AM
OC3D Elite

WHATTT!

They just don't understand! One idiot to 100000 normal people. Its not like we go out and kill people for fun!
Old 11-02-07, 11:15 AM
OC3D Elite

do u have any links to a source for this

Old 11-02-07, 12:23 PM
OC3D Elite

let me tell you a story...

frida night at work (i work at a sports centre) there was a young lad, probably about 10 who was doing judo. He came to talk to me and my mate, and my mate asked him if he could judo roll him. This young lad, after trying to judo roll him (and failing) proceeded to kick the crap outta my mate, genuinely being very violent, and even when we told him it was past a joke, he carried on kicking and punching him, it was quite disturbing, i actually had to drag him away.

games dont make kids violent, mainly because a "spectrum plasma laser extremo gun" is never easy to get hold off. However teaching kids martial arts (kicking and punching) from a very young age DOES make kids more violent.
Old 11-02-07, 01:06 PM
OC3D Elite

too many things make kids violent these days, we'd be living in straight jackets if we banned everything.

Old 11-02-07, 02:19 PM
OC3D Elite

I blame the parents for a majority of these cases for a majority of reasons, mainly being not enough guidance in the form of dicipline. Where I live, you walk around town and some random kids who you have never seen before will walk up to you and swear/call you something unpleasant or if you are on a bike, try to knock you off

I don't blame games at all! Especially when TV is a lot more graphic yet just as/more accessible
Old 11-02-07, 02:51 PM

i dont care if the EU bans violent games im from teh uk and tbh when my new rig is built im going to back up teh .GCF files so i can still play source even when it cant be downloaded and bought!

the amount of pathetic laws taht the EU and other contries are trying to pass are bull! and TBH even the no smoking in public law is bollox they want to charge us £5.50 for a pack of twenty fags and then tell us w cant smoke them in public?

one thigns for sure i wont be going to the poub any more as the reason i go to the pub is to have a BEER and a FAG simple sorry if this has turned into a flame but teh rules and laws that are around now are more pathetic then they were 400 years ago!
Old 11-02-07, 03:07 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Grandpa72'
i dont care if the EU bans violent games im from teh uk
I thought the UK was/is part of the EU ??

I'm not sure how I feel on this violent games thing tho. Games are getting more realistic and there are some stupidly gory games out. But there's also games which promote other stuff like taking drugs etc.

I think parents should take notice of age restrictions more. As the kids are under 18, it should be the parents responsibility to enforce the law. But maybe the law should enforce parents? or does that take away free speach etc and mean you are controlling parenting?

I don't really agree on banning the games, but something needs to be done to control it more as kids are probably seeing a lot of stuff and copying it. I think a lot plays on the sub-concious tho.

Also I don't really think counterstrike is that bad, altho without the whining 13-18 year old kids, it would be a better game tbh (more respectfull, like online gaming was back in the day 1995-1997)

i5-2500K @ 4.8Ghz | 8G DDR3 | P8Z68-V GEN3 | Archlinux | Win7
Old 11-02-07, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='limqareb'
The eu is considering banning violent games , especially counter strike , what do you think?
i dont care if the EU bans violent games im from teh uk and tbh when my new rig is built im going to back up teh .GCF files so i can still play source even when it cant be downloaded and bought!

the amount of pathetic laws taht the EU and other contries are trying to pass are bull! and TBH even the no smoking in public law is bollox they want to charge us £5.50 for a pack of twenty fags and then tell us w cant smoke them in public?

one thigns for sure i wont be going to the poub any more as the reason i go to the pub is to have a BEER and a FAG simple sorry if this has turned into a flame but teh rules and laws that are around now are more pathetic then they were 400 years ago!
Old 11-02-07, 03:17 PM
OC3D Elite

i think the no smoking law is a good step. It means the non smokers are not forced to passive smoke.

But i do agree that the tax on fags is stupid. But then again, 9/10 are in the uk.