Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 21-01-07, 02:47 AM
ai_01 ai_01 is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 945
radiator grillz

hey what radiator grill will fit a 120.3 thermochill besides the one made by dangerden?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 21-01-07, 03:04 AM
Allsorts Allsorts is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 270
You can find chrome-plated Thermochill branded grills here.

You can use either 1 x 120.3 grill or 3 x 120.1 grills. I think the spacing between fans on the PA120.3 rad is quite different from other rads so you might be quite limited to what 3 fan grill you can use. I ended up buying 3 black single fan grills cos I'm not really into bling
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21-01-07, 03:55 AM
Lurid Lurid is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7
Yes, it is indeed different than other radiators, fan spacing wise. Your only options are the ThermoChill shrouds IIRC.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 21-01-07, 09:22 AM
JN JN is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,678
Yep, either the Thermochill ones or I believe AC Ryan do a "universal" grill. I tried an AC one and they look rubbish tho so i'd keep clear.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 21-01-07, 10:17 AM
Mullet Mullet is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Allsorts'
You can find chrome-plated Thermochill branded grills here.

You can use either 1 x 120.3 grill or 3 x 120.1 grills. I think the spacing between fans on the PA120.3 rad is quite different from other rads so you might be quite limited to what 3 fan grill you can use. I ended up buying 3 black single fan grills cos I'm not really into bling
what did u get mate?? black grills...? any pics...links??
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21-01-07, 01:43 PM
ai_01 ai_01 is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 945
i think he just means the standard wire chrome, but instead of chome, black
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21-01-07, 04:35 PM
Allsorts Allsorts is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='ai_01'
i think he just means the standard wire chrome, but instead of chome, black
Spot on!

Here are the ones I bought. You can use any 120mm single fan grill you like since they should all be a standard size. This grill is made by AC Ryan as well but I think the 'universal' grill XMS was talking about are the AC Ryan RadGrillz.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21-01-07, 06:31 PM
PV5150 PV5150 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='XMS'
Yep, either the Thermochill ones or I believe AC Ryan do a "universal" grill. I tried an AC one and they look rubbish tho so i'd keep clear.
The AC Ryan RadGrillz are trashy, stay away from them if you can. I bought some for my new rig, and they're just sitting here now
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Jim'
"Jonathan 'Fatal1ty' Wendel may be 12-time world gaming champ, but how does he cope inside a 50c hot box sucking on a heavy load?":rocker::rocker:
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 21-01-07, 09:27 PM
Mullet Mullet is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Allsorts'
Spot on!

Here are the ones I bought. You can use any 120mm single fan grill you like since they should all be a standard size. This grill is made by AC Ryan as well but I think the 'universal' grill XMS was talking about are the AC Ryan RadGrillz.
Will the black look ok with a brushed black ally case??
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 21-01-07, 10:03 PM
Allsorts Allsorts is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 270
Yes, i've used them with my black Alu case and they look ok. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures I can show you. However, I think most people with a black case would choose silver fan grills to make them stand out but I prefer everything black and stealthy. Have a look through case galleries for some inspiration.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT. The time now is 05:22 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.